Underdog Log Vapes

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I had two of the power supplies Dave included. One was running at around 13 and the other was around 15. It varied by .5 volts depending on when I tested. This was without any load on it or anything. I think they just vary some between the individual units. I prefer the variable volt power supply because you can better maintain the temperature. I figured it will last longer because I can turn it down to 11.5 or so in between sessions.

Slightly Medicated,

jackmormon

What is the best way to connect the silicone tubes to a 14mm GonG? Would this work or is there a better option? Wonder if the Doggette has one in the works...(hint, hint ;) )? What do you all do?

Weird thing.... Using one of these is the ONLY way I have ever used my Underdog. It works so fucking perfect I have never felt the desire to use it any other way. Also get a 18/14 reducer so that it will be compatible with 18mm glass pieces and you are set. My foggydog will milk up any size glass piece I have tried it with.

jackmormon,

djonkoman

I had two of the power supplies Dave included. One was running at around 13 and the other was around 15. It varied by .5 volts depending on when I tested. This was without any load on it or anything. I think they just vary some between the individual units. I prefer the variable volt power supply because you can better maintain the temperature. I figured it will last longer because I can turn it down to 11.5 or so in between sessions.
but where do you live? I'm in the netherlands, so I have the EU power supply.

djonkoman,

sunsett70

@ dog owners with the The extreme q elbow, does it fit into a 14mm or 18mm?

@dave- what is this "prototype" core i keep hearing about? any specifics you can mention or is it top secret? is it gonna be the new 'regular' core for the UD?

sunsett70,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gotcha, lol, that's the same core I have in my deceased UD Djonko.

SM, those are different ones. The power supply that came with my UD (I'm dutch to, Djonko's neighbor here) only puts out like 11,4V at best so it runs quit a bit colder then yours. That's the reason why Dave only supplies power supplies to American customers since recently.

Dave:

Does this mean you're working hard on my ABBMT (ABsymal Blue Mahoe Twig)?

I certainly hope so, my Solo is running HOT and I'm even considering smoking a bowl already!:rofl:

Enjoy your weekend UDs, I hope everyone bought something nice for their mothers.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey Lets give some thought to what the future UD bubbler/water filter should look like.
I like very much the hydra tubes and CRZ bubblers.. but both seem to big and not in style with the tiny UDs.
I been thinking of many crazy designs but after all it should be affordable and practical and not hard to make .
This is a 5" Cobalt Percolator Pipe Can be bought for 25 $.
SPP-B1.jpg

If you replace the "spoons head" with narrowed tube to mate the silicon stem like the glass stems on the site.
Also other percs can be used . Like showerhead
Eross-showerhead-percolator-300x300.jpg
percolator-bongs.jpg

or multi arm
Or smth like this but redesigned with bottom flow intake.
glass-tube-mushroom-ashcatcher-green.png

tube-glass-ashcatcher.png

swirl-ash-catcher-green.png

images

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
This looks freaky:

swirl-ash-catcher-green.png

I think you'd have to hold it upside down if you want to use it with water though.

I think I'd want my ideal UD bubbler to be as thin as possible, like just lightly wider then a twig, but also not too tall. 5 to 6 inches perhaps? I would like it to hold a bit of water though. My weedstar hammer bub doesn't hold a lot which gives a great taste, but I prefer a little more cooling then I get with that one. I cough a lot if I take a big hit through that one but I never have that problem with my Ehle.

The Zap bubs look pretty ideal to be honest, and they seem more usable to me than the PD bubs Cleardome made. I would love to see/hear a comparison between those two, I have a feeling Stu might be able to provide that in while.. :)

That shower dome (at least that's what I think it's called) in that second pic in Ab's post looks pretty usable to me, and it's pretty too.

Abysmal Vapor

There are few detachable tops of bongs that can do the job. I have successfully used the top part of my narcotic bong with my dog hydratube style.. but it just doesnt looked pretty cuz the gong was as big as the dog.. :) . David vs Goliath picture..
narcotic-perc-1.jpg
h
narcotic-perc-2.jpg

A friend of mine recently broke the bottom of his Big Vicky perc . He says i can have it.. So i will give it a try once my replacement dog arrives ;).
07357_200_3.jpg
07357_200.jpg
I hope it gives a lot of bubbles :p.
Starts at 1:00
2dr6poo.jpg
[

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, was that last picture a hint, are you getting the space capsule Ab?

I did notice it isn't available on the UD website anymore.. ;)

I think that fog rocket would be great for you too, weren't you the one that came up with the fog-term here in the UD thread initially?

Oh, one more thing about my ideal UD bub, large flared mouthpiece to go over the lips please :)

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

I had an omen from dreamland to go with The Shuttle.. "The End is Comming" so i need escape vessel :)..lol.
As for the fog term.. it was originally mentioned in my "lyrical creation". at post 100# of the thread lol.

Underdog Underdog Underdog
just keeps you vaping in the fog
you get stoned via the art of log.

The Underdog is a for sure a win
To stone a face with a lucky grin
To help you feel how world spins.

Efficiency and taste are most surprising
Your mind gets hit by a buzzing lighting
and you are gone in heavens of vaporizing.

If you fall in love with your wooden dog
You get walked from the cradle to the log
and you'll never go in smoke instead of fog.

With a wooden soul and a heart of steel
Your Underdog will walk you up the hill
To make it right and to keep it real.
Lol here is another one in similar spirit :p.

When carcinogens in this herb appear
and hurt the lungs we hold dear
and coughing for all to hear
the cry goes up both far and near
for Underdog! UNDERDOG! Underdog! UNDERDOG!

Speed of lighning, roor is milked
Huge hits feel like silk
Underdog. Underdog!

When in this world the headlines read,
of those whose lungs filled with green
who medicates for those in need
to produce vapor with blinding speed
goes Underdog! UNDERDOG! Underdog! UNDERDOG!

Speed of lighning, roor is milked
Huge hits feel like silk
Underdog. Underdog!

Most weird thing about both "creations" is that they we're written before we have even tried UD..
It can even sound prophetic if i am vaked enough.. lol.. Positive karma i guess.. From day one UD gave me warm and happiness ,thick hits,supreme flavor,efficiency !

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks for all the glass suggestions dudes.. I'm sure Underdogette will add them to her collection of ideas to experiment with.

@ OTA - Nooooooo dude, not the combustion word! I've got this Mahoe piece almost ready to go for you (should go on Monday) so just hang tight, be strong.. :o ;)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just got the splitter from Dave for the Variable Volt Power Supply. Now I can switch back and forth between the two dogs. My only complaint about the power splitter is it is a little short. That can be fixed with some extension adapters.... so no big deal.

I applied UnderButter to the dogs last night. Really refreshed the wood. They soaked it up so I know they needed it. I guess once or two a month I will apply some of the UnderButter. One tip is I turned it up to like 14volts so they got nice and warm on the wood. This caused the wax to melt so I could smooth it over everything.

I will make some good videos and a "video review" when I have some free time. Since I have gotten my dogs I have only smoked 4 bowls. That is a huge improvement for me going from being a daily smoker to to vaporizing.

The caddy I got is fantastic. I did not even realize it came with the jars and extra tubes. That was a nice surprise. I had a couple ideas for notches that could be made in the plank. It would be nice to have a long channel in the front to lay my wooden poker. Near the glass stem holder holes it would be nice to have two holes to hold my oil jar/container. I don't really use the glass stems so the 4 smaller holes are not as important to me. I have a glass stem in one for show. Then the wooden poker is in other. The other two are empty.

The tops are really great. They spin a long long time. If you like tops I would pick one up.

In terms of glass additions to the Underdog. I use mine through a larger water pipe. I got an AquaVape for my King but I never use it. I find it is too small. It does not do enough to cool the vapor down. I would think you would need something bigger then an AquaVape in order to get things cool enough for my taste. I figured I am happy with my lap size water pipes.

Dave random question: You called this piece a fog rocket. http://www.underdogvapes.com/index.php/catalog/vapes/all-vapes/12961/ Do you think it makes thicker vapor then the other vaporizers you make, or was that just a cute name. You know me I am always looking for the thickest vapor hits.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks for all the feedback there SM, glad we can help you get away from combustion.. that's always a good thing. :)

Did you get one of the 1' splitters? I got a mixed batch of 1' ones and 2' ones.. in the future I'm going to stick with the 2' ones (unless I can find a 3-4' one at a decent price) as the 1' ones are short I agree.

I'm sure Underdogette will appreciate your feedback on the caddy as she's always looking to find ways to make them more usable instead of just pretty. Maybe you should sketch up the changes you're talking about so she can try them next time she makes some?

The Fog Rocket is just a cute name, it's the same power as the rest of the newer pieces, sorry.. :lol: If you find yourself wanting even thicker vapor you can always move up to a variable power supply so you can boost the power a bit. Keep in mind though the stock adapter is already pushing things pretty close to the point of combustion (also close to damaging heat levels to the wood) so you don't want to boost too far.

Anyways, glad you're getting your fog on and enjoying yourself..

underdog,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Thanks Dave. I will try and sketch up the caddy improvement at some point.

I think you sent me one of the longer splitters. I am able to keep one on the desk and use one in a water pipe in my lap. So they are just long enough. I figured an extension cord would be nice. That way I can keep them in their original location and just grab one. I am pretty sure I can get what I need from Radio Shack or a local electronic component store called VetCo.

Right now I am finding my sweet spot on the variable power supply is right at 14v. I don't have any need to go above that. With 14v I am running 1.33 amps between both pieces. The ABV comes out very dark brown near the heat source and brown/dark brown further down the silicone tube. That is perfect for me. It lets me one hit the tube for a long draw like I am used to with my water pipe. I can one or two hit a full tube full. The screen is about 3/4th of an inch away from the heat source. So that gives you an idea how how much I can load in there.

When I am letting the dogs rest in between sessions I turn them down to about 11.5 volts. This gives them a little less work load then if they were constantly pulling the full 12 volts. I thought in the long run that might make them last a little longer. I figured I might be stressing the vaporizer at 14v. I thought turning it down a little between sessions would help off set me using it at 14v. My guess is that 14v is about the max you want to take it before things start to get hot enough to cause damage.

Honestly, the only flaw I see is that you can't use a large amount in the Underdog all at once. Just because of the limitations of the Silicone tube. When I want to get really medicated really fast then I reach for the plenty. It will load more in it's bowl and get me more medicated quicker... simply because I am using more. I think if I spent the time to run the same amount through an Underdog that I do in the plenty, I would find that I get way more medicated from the Underdog. Sometimes it just comes down to speed and convenience.

Don't get me wrong the Underdog is the best vaporizer I have ever tried. I have tried the VaporBrothers box, DaBudda, Volcano, Black and Decker Heat Gun, MFLB, ioLite, Plenty, ThermoVape Evo, Extreme Q, and Solo. None of them preform nearly as good as the Underdog with a variable voltage power supply. All of them left me reaching for my lighter to smoke a bowl after. So far only the underdog has been able to make me feel satisfied when I medicate.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Struggling to stay high with the wispy Solo hits Dave, but I'm doing my best. Monday sounds wonderful. Luckily I have a boat load of kief to enhance mah bowl with for the time being ;)

Can you or Underdogette tell me if this one holds the thicker silicon stems as well as the glass ones btw?

SM, 1,33A for two sounds like a lot to me. The one I blew up never took more then 0,6 on it's own. I'd recommend going down 0,5V and lowering the screen a bit, but lets hear what Dave says.

You sure like your big bowls though :nod: How much can you fit in to a fully stuffed Plenty bowl?

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Can you or Underdogette tell me if this one holds the thicker silicon stems as well as the glass ones btw?

SM, 1,33A for two sounds like a lot to me. The one I blew up never took more then 0,6 on it's own. I'd recommend going down 0,5V and lowering the screen a bit, but lets hear what Dave says.

You sure like your big bowls though :nod: How much can you fit in to a fully stuffed Plenty bowl?

That caddy can't fit the thick tubes it has the same size holes as part of my caddy. They are a little too small to fit the silicone tube.

When I have the VVPS set to 11.3 volts I pull 1.06 amps with both of them connected. Which means they are each getting .53 amps. When I am turned up to 14v they are pulling 1.33 volts with both of them connected. So they are getting .66 amps each.

The plenty can hold about 4x as much as the underdog. It is closer to the size of bowl I am used to smoking. I usually load about .5 or more in to the dish.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Thanks for the suggestions SM - I'm trying to put up a few example caddies for everyone to look at. I'm glad you're enjoying it! The beauty of my setup is that I can make custom caddies pretty easily. I haven't made any caddies with sticks coming out - but that's a great idea djonkoman! That way you can put any size stem you want. I'll try to get one like that made this weekend. If anyone has an idea for a custom caddy, send me over a sketch and we'll get one made for you. ;)

underdogette,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
it works great. last year i had 5 other roommates who all smoked and the UD was perfect. absolutely no learning curve, big satisfying hits, and once up to temp there really isn't much handing need with the vape itself. i would highly recommend it for a group setting.

AdmiralAlpacha

Awesome, that answer surprised me since they hold a small load, do you simply just refill the stem a lot?

Also what are your feelings on a log vs a twig?

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom