Underdog Log Vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Those sure are some nice new pieces there Dave! Love the Coolibah and Tasmanian Blackwood.

That space capsule reminded me of a wooden (and vastly improved) 'Cano though :lol:

I'd love to see some different designs of those stem caddies in the future too. I'm not sure about the other Underdogs, but I have the most use for something small that holds just one stem at the time, and perhaps another one that holds two to 3 stems at once.

Love the spinning tops too! I would like one that could be used as a lid for my UD as well. I have some other questions too so I better just send you an email soon.

Still waiting on that teaser pic you told me about via email btw, it sure sounded interesting :brow:

FitSean

Well the one that Gonzo linked to above is a pretty decent one and is priced pretty well too.. there are cheaper ones out there but I haven't has as much luck with them.

For a slightly more expensive supply with an ammeter so you can see how much power the Dogs are using in addition to the voltage I like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Linea...JS/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1336199656&sr=8-37 I have two of these in the shop that I use for testing and they've served me well.

Found the same supply on Amazon for a cheaper price if anyone is interested...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00629LPJS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1ZBKCUWLGCGM3

Just picked one up for my new Dogs.

FitSean,

sunsett70

ahhh, there is a friendly ambience about this thread :) . 2 days ago, i befriended 2 friendly puppy dogs. this are mah boys http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/vapes/all-vapes/12878
http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/vapes/all-vapes/12896/

they look better than the pictures, and obey commands like an underdog would :clap: . these dogs have the "spirit of a puppy, the chugging engine of harley, coupled with the efficiency of a honda cub".

now, i dont feel so lonely anymore. :rockon:

will come back with a thorough review after further testing, so nobody can accuse me of being a fan-boy!:luv: ride on UD, ride on.......

sunsett70,
Reactions: FitSean

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@ Mom - hey mom did you get over your cold and have a chance to play with the Dog much?

I'm sorry to say that I haven't been able to spend much time with it. Things have been quite hectic here. I'm headed out of town for my daughter's graduation this weekend and we have a wedding in the works. Combine that with me still not feeling "right" I've only used it minimally.

My first impressions are that it really runs hot. Maybe I'm a lightweight, but maybe a bit too hot. Perhaps I'm a fan of cooler temp vapor? And, unfortunately, I am not a fan of the silicone stems. I have too many tactile issues with them. I much prefer the glass stem you provide.

I'll check it out further next week when I'm, hopefully, feeling better and have some time to devote to it.

momofthegoons,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Try it with your HI's vv and turn it down a bit if it's to hot for your likings mom. Do you have any other water filtration than that hydratube perhaps, or do you have a 18 to 14mm reducer for it? I'm not a fan of the silicon myself neither, but it doesn't really matter anymore if you just use it to hook up to a bong or bubbler.

Hope you feel better soon :buzz:

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My first impressions are that it really runs hot. Maybe I'm a lightweight, but maybe a bit too hot. Perhaps I'm a fan of cooler temp vapor?

I had the opposite reaction. I felt like it was running too cold with the provided power supply. I was wishing it would run hotter. I am much happier that I have gotten a variable volt power supply. I find that I like to run it around 13.90-14.05 volts. That voltage makes it hot enough to get the thick warm vapor I prefer.

Maybe you want to get a variable voltage power supply so you can turn it down lower and get cooler vapor hits?

Slightly Medicated,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
A VVPS really helps a person find their individual perfect temp. Personally mine is usually no higher than 13.3V.

Gonzo,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Yea I think that 14 volts is hotter then most people on this forum would like. I am trying to transition from smoking though so if it is not thick I am not satisfied. I also get more of the pain reducing chemicals at higher temperatures.

Slightly Medicated,

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
I'd love to see some different designs of those stem caddies in the future too. I'm not sure about the other Underdogs, but I have the most use for something small that holds just one stem at the time, and perhaps another one that holds two to 3 stems at once.

Love the spinning tops too! I would like one that could be used as a lid for my UD as well. I have some other questions too so I better just send you an email soon.
Hey OTA - I am designing a batch of them right now. I really appreciate the input! I'll make sure to do some small ones that hold just a stem or two... or three. :nod:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Ok, so I got a little time in the shop and managed to make a little caddy for 1 stem and a caddy for 3 stems. The rosewood caddy (a little less than 2x2 inches) was a test and isn't for sale, but the bamboo caddy (2 x 5 x 0.75 inches) is on the website.

What do you guys think?
20120508caddies.jpg

ll11

They both look very nice! I'd be more interested in a one stem caddy myself. I tend to stash the stems away between uses, so having a place to put one during a session to keep it from rolling around would be perfect.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
those look great! whats not to love with the looks of that single stem caddy and im always a sucker for bamboo :p

once i get a little more money in my pocket i might snatch one of those up or maybe another UD accessory since it seems like you guys are pumping out new ones every couple weeks! as for now, i just took my girlfriend out for a $100 meal on our anniversary so there's quite a hole in my pocket...

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: underdogette

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Hello Dog Pound! I am mulling over getting one of these and have a couple of questions for you all... I have read a bit of the thread and keep hearing about these VVPS. Are these necessary or can temp be controlled with draw speed? Is performance different between wood type, log vs twigg, or do they all perform about the same once heated up? I am currently using a MLFB/WPA/PA and have my technique down...how does this compare in terms of efficiency, learning curve, etc... Thanks in advance. This seems like a great product!

happyTrails,

zymos

A variable power supply is not necessarily necessary! There have been some owners who have felt that their dogs did not reach the temperature they preferred , so they wanted the extra control .

Draw speed makes some difference, but the placement of the screen in the stem makes even more. It is very easy to adjust how close it is to the heating element, though there is a point where the herb simply cannot physically be any closer- if that is the case and it still isn't getting hot enough, then variable ps is the only solution.

HTH- I came to the UD from MFLB, and the difference is night and day. I don't think you'll be dissapointed if you get one.

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
A variable power supply is not necessarily necessary! There have been some owners who have felt that their dogs did not reach the temperature they preferred , so they wanted the extra control .

Draw speed makes some difference, but the placement of the screen in the stem makes even more. It is very easy to adjust how close it is to the heating element, though there is a point where the herb simply cannot physically be any closer- if that is the case and it still isn't getting hot enough, then variable ps is the only solution.

HTH- I came to the UD from MFLB, and the difference is night and day. I don't think you'll be dissapointed if you get one.
Thanks for helping to clarify. I assume then that if it vaporizes, but not at the temp you want, you are on your own to buy a VVPS as it would not be warrantied based on user preference? If that is the case, is there a model type that runs hotter (twigs/logs/dif wood)? BTW, is that Houser in your avatar?

happyTrails,
Top Bottom