Underdog Log Vapes

Greenscreen

It's a beauty Griff :tup:

So problems with the temp then?

Enjoy!

I wouldn't say its running too cold but I think i will need the option to go to higher temps eventually .. For the moment its hitting the spot and giving me nice tasty foggy hits, which is more than good enough for me for now. Even though i can't say I'm getting the dark brown ABV that is possible out of some of my other vapes when i crank the temps up, but thats yet to bother me.

Greenscreen,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ griff - hey dude, thanks for the post and welcome to the family!

The newest member of my machinery-pack arrived today.. it sure is pretty and hot! Hopefully this beaut will be hard at work making pretty UD accessories in the near future. :evil:

bravo-02-500.jpg

SD_haze

@ griff - hey dude, thanks for the post and welcome to the family!

The newest member of my machinery-pack arrived today.. it sure is pretty and hot! Hopefully this beaut will be hard at work making pretty UD accessories in the near future. :evil:

bravo-02-500.jpg

tumblr_luei74eM5Q1qzo4v6o1_250.gif

SD_haze,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Its a glass blowing torch.. I am not sure about the fuel meant to be used with but i will bet on propane/oxygen or
maybe acetylene or smth like that but not butane..?

Abysmal Vapor,
What make/manufacture torch is that Dave? I'm not familiar with that one. Have you picked up a kiln as well?

Underdog Dave: woodworker, glassblower, bon vivant. ;)

Edit: just remembered that's a Bethlehem, nice score man. I've only used GTT's and a Carlisle but have heard good things.

charliedontsurf,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
picking up another trade? sounds like you're starting to shape up to be the 'Renaissance Man' of the vapor world :tup:

also, does anyone know the size of the plugs on UD's? i think i remember having this car adapter for something a few years back but don't use it anymore. im pretty sure it was for like a car to music player type thing but pretty sure the size was a 5.5x2.1mm. will that fit the UD?

HighlyEducatedScholar,

underdog

Manufacturer
I guess maybe I was a little too cryptic just posting the picture without an explanation. As a few people have said it's a glassblowing torch for my new 'glass shop' that I'm setting up.

@ Abysmal - right on the money as usual dude, yeah it's an Oxy/Propane setup.

I actually ended up getting the little brother of the model I posted above, the Alpha instead of the pictured Bravo. Fortunately the owner of my local glass place pointed out that the Alpha would work better for my setup at this point and saved me about $500 by sending me home with the smaller guy.

@ HES - yep picking up another trade. I've always had more trades than time to do them in and it doesn't seem like this is getting any better as the years go on.. at least it's probably to the benefit of you guys. :cool: Oh and yeah 2.1mm x 5.5mm is the UD plug size.

@ OTA - nice pics dude. I'll probably be playing with bubblers once we're up and running and might be able to make something similar to the first one, not a copy mind you but with similar function/features. The second pic is from Rick's Zap thread right? I really like those beautiful bubblers that he's getting now but definitely won't be copying that for a couple reasons: 1) That would just be rude to Rick and I'm not going there and 2) As usual I'm stubborn and want to come up with my own unique design. :peace:

Alright back to work for this Dog.

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I would definitely put down for an inline UD bubbler like the first one pictured. I plan on picking one of Rick's up as well to pair with all my log vapes.

@OTA Is that a cleardome bubbler in the first picture?

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, the one in the second pic are the new zap-bubblers on the stands they come with with a CRZ in between them. The first one is made by Clear_Dome (RevolVerre on Etsy) for the Purple Days. He's an FC member too, but he rarely shows up here anymore unfortunately. I shamelessly ripped those pictures of the PD-bubbler from the customized vape-setup thread btw, they were posted by Stu originally.

And I assume no one wants a copy but would prefer an original UD bub, I just posted those as inspiration :tup:

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Yeah, the one in the second pic are the new zap-bubblers on the stands they come with with a CRZ in between them. The first one is made by Clear_Dome (RevolVerre on Etsy) for the Purple Days. He's an FC member too, but he rarely shows up here anymore unfortunately.

And I assume no one wants a copy but would prefer an original UD bub, I just posted those as inspiration :tup:

Ah, gotcha.. that's what I figured you were thinking but I just wanted to make things clear up front. :)

@ CDS - sorry dude I didn't see your question re: the kiln the first time through. I've got a little Paragon kiln coming in soon. It's small and doesn't have room for big work but it fits nicely in the spot I've dedicated for it and I can always upgrade later if need be. Do you have a glass setup?

underdog,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i would love to have an UD bubbler! those would be so awesome. i feel like you have so many little projects going on in the shadows of the UD workshop. i'm so curious as to what they are :ninja:

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Hey Dave, you should get a kick out of this given your new appreciation for glass blowing.

Warning: alot of his other videos are just as awesome.

Dave, I'm just renting a modest work space right now, but at least it's cheap.

sunsett70

i would love to have an UD bubbler! those would be so awesome. i feel like you have so many little projects going on in the shadows of the UD workshop. i'm so curious as to what they are :ninja:
yes, agree! i am having so much problems trying to order internationally from glass makers; would be really nice when Dave creates his own UD bubblers so i can get 'everything' from him. i cannot wait also, esp for the 4th pic, those light-bulb bubblers. wow.....

sunsett70,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I love the looks of those glass torches! I've considered them before when I was on a torch-buying-shopping-spree last year, something that actually started right after mr. CDS posted his Solo-stem-torching-vid :goon: ;)

But I don't think I would ever feel comfortable using one of those, especially close to my face. Still a wonderful piece of working art though.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for the interest dudes.. it'll be a while before the kiln gets here and I get everything dialed in and up and running but hopefully worth it in the end.

@ CDS - that butane 'torch' is pretty awesome dude, thanks!

Alright I've got to get to work, the incubator is full of Pups and the shop has oodles of ones almost to that stage too so I best get to it!

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I will let Dave handle that answer HES.

Can't wait to see the new pieces Dave!

Gonzo,
Top Bottom