Under cover vaporizing, insane high

vapeguy

And I mean literally under cover: For some reason last night I finished my vape session with my Arizer Solo in bed with my bed cover all over me and my head creating just a small air pocket around my face. Of course this made a mini personal hot box so I kept on recycling the same vapor over and over and over, and kept taking hits every now and then.

I hadn't gotten so high in years! This really makes me realize that the vapor I'm exhaling is getting wasted, what are the best ways to absorb the most vapor other than vaping tightly under your bed covers which isn't always an option?

If your vaporizer allows this, either one with a long whip you can run under your bed covers or electric portable, try it. I've never used an Iolite and don't know if you need to keep it away from flammable materials but don't set your bed on fire if you have an Iolite lol.

Be careful not to fall asleep with the vape still on especially if it doesn't have auto off and/or runs on butane.

vapeguy,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
aab1 said:
what are the best ways to absorb the most vapor other than vaping tightly under your bed covers which isn't always an option?
A rebreather! ;)

170px-British_navy_frogman.jpg
220px-Inspiration_back_with_arrows.JPG

WatTyler,

Nycdeisel

Hold your hits in longer, so more of the vapor will be absorbed by you, and less exhaled/wasted.

be careful holding your vapor this way though, you dont want any oxygen deprivation.

Try re-breathing. You take your regular hit, and hold for as long as comfortably possible, then exhale some of it, and inhale fresh air, then repeat this a few times each hit. Obviously stop doing this if it causes you pain or anything. You can also try to take just slightly smaller hits to help with this.

Nycdeisel,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
A little late for the party but I tried it for a few pulls and then I just got fed up and started vaping normally. I've learned that I don't like the feeling of having my head under covers.

tranceporter,

weedemon

enthusiast
aab1,

the rebreathing technique nyc said is a good one. you could exhale into a bag, but know this. every time you do it, the CO2 level in that bag is getting higher. i can be dangerous and i would not do it over one or two times personally. I experimented with this myself for a while in the end i decided I don't like the moisture that my lungs add to it and something about it seemed unhygienic.

another thing i was thinking was what if you exhale through a tube with a bunch of slits in it on the other end, and then you bubble this through an alcohol bath? i wonder how much extraction would come of it? could make some crazy concentrate off it down the line? again though because it's my exhale i wonder how hygienic it is.

weedemon,

djonkoman

well if you bubble it trough alcohol hygiene isn't that much a case I think, if you only use it yourself
I'm thinking of trying this, I have plenty of testtubes laying around and I have liquor , so with a straw I could experiment it(by drinking the result at the end of tonight or in a few days, I have vacation now so heavily vaping)

edit: hadn't thpught of the plashback due to bubbling... got rum all over my hands

djonkoman,

weedemon

enthusiast
hehe yeah will need to figure something out. maybe one of those stones that you use to diffuse air in a fish tank? This way the bubbles will be tiny and less violent. that into an Erlenmeyer flask? also the stronger the alcohol the better i would think :p I was thinking more iso99 personally :p

with the equipment you have try plugging the bottom of the straw and cutting a bunch of tiny slits in the straw for the air to escape instead.

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've done this with my MFLB just having fun feeling like I was 8 years old.

I'll try it with my solo just for a laugh, but I really doubt its something I'd do often. I'd rather just double the weed than increase my C02 intake.

darkrom,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
weedemon said:
aab1,

the rebreathing technique nyc said is a good one. you could exhale into a bag, but know this. every time you do it, the CO2 level in that bag is getting higher. i can be dangerous and i would not do it over one or two times personally. I experimented with this myself for a while in the end i decided I don't like the moisture that my lungs add to it and something about it seemed unhygienic.

This reply is a rehash of a post I made in the Extreme thread about blowing back into a bag and re-breathing.

The reason for exhaling into a bag is to capture vapour that you didn't hold in long enough to absorb. So the amount of CO2 you're exhaling is reduced because it is replaced by vapour. In normal indoor air, CO2 is around 600 parts per million, or .06%. At 1% (that's about 16 times as concentrated) prolonged exposure will make some people feel a bit drowsy. At 5%, or 80 times normal room concentration, most people will start to feel dizzy or get a headache after a few minutes of exposure. The treatment? Breathe regular air, unless you've been exposed a really long time or to a much higher concentration.

In other words, the difference in CO2 content between a bag with no exhales in it and one with three or four lungfuls exhaled into it are probably too small to be quantified. Not to mention that you most likely are breathing normal air between hits off the bag, which would more than compensate for any effects of the miniscule increase in CO2 from a bag you've exhaled into. The increase in concentration of CO2 is insignificant in health terms.

Not sure how you concluded that re-breathing your own exhalations is unhygienic. Do you know what used to be the recommended first aid technique for dealing with hyperventilation? I'll tell you: exhale and inhale several times from a paper bag. This is no longer recommended, but not because of anything to do with hygiene. If the victim is not hyperventilating but is having a heart attack, this technique could be fatal.

pakalolo,
Reactions: KeroZen

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks for the additional information regarding CO2 concentrations. I didn't realize it takes so long for it to become hazardous. I do know that at high concentrations it can be fatal though.

well regarding re-breathing and hygiene, we are organic organisms and we are crawling with smaller things living in/on us.

i don't believe it's possible to exhale into a bag and not blow microorganisms into the bag also. these fellas given the right conditions could grow and potentially hurt me later when i go re-using the same bag. moisture + bacteria is a potentially dangerous combination. it doesn't take long for 1 bacteria to multiply (15-45 min usually) and they do so at an exponential rate.

i suppose if the bag was used only for that session and thrown out then the concern is a mute point, but I have had pneumonia a few times in the past, and i know a lung infection sucks ass!

about CO2 i didn't realize it would remain at such a low concentration. call me over cautious.

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
weedemon said:
thanks for the additional information regarding CO2 concentrations. I didn't realize it takes so long for it to become hazardous. I do know that at high concentrations it can be fatal though.

well regarding re-breathing and hygiene, we are organic organisms and we are crawling with smaller things living in/on us.

i don't believe it's possible to exhale into a bag and not blow microorganisms into the bag also. these fellas given the right conditions could grow and potentially hurt me later when i go re-using the same bag. moisture + bacteria is a potentially dangerous combination. it doesn't take long for 1 bacteria to multiply (15-45 min usually) and they do so at an exponential rate.

i suppose if the bag was used only for that session and thrown out then the concern is a mute point, but I have had pneumonia a few times in the past, and i know a lung infection sucks ass!

about CO2 i didn't realize it would remain at such a low concentration. call me over cautious.

I call you over cautious, but I am in the same boat. I personally can afford to just use more herb and not take the risks/pain in the ass that is rebreathing. Better safe than sorry.

darkrom,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
~haha~ an old friend used to take a straw or tube of paper and blow out his hit, but the other end of the straw was up his nose, or maybe the other way around. anyway, in typical stoner fashion, he called this 'getting re-stoned' as in "Hey guys i've got some straws - wanna get re-stoned?" He swore by it.

yeah ~ I never tried it because i thought it was stupid. never used straws at dude's house either - you just never know...

and if it's the new 'Dutch Oven' hubby'd be all over that shit...

herbgirl,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Nycdeisel said:
Hold your hits in longer, so more of the vapor will be absorbed by you, and less exhaled/wasted.

be careful holding your vapor this way though, you dont want any oxygen deprivation.

Try re-breathing. You take your regular hit, and hold for as long as comfortably possible, then exhale some of it, and inhale fresh air, then repeat this a few times each hit. Obviously stop doing this if it causes you pain or anything. You can also try to take just slightly smaller hits to help with this.

How do you know the limits of oxygen deprivation? I feel like I get close to crossing the line but it is hard to know for sure. I always hold my hits in pretty long,.. so i've been kinda afraid of this

Elluzion,

Blood420

aab1 said:
. I've never used an Iolite and don't know if you need to keep it away from flammable materials but don't set your bed on fire if you have an Iolite lol.

Haha you won't set your bed on fire with an Iolite :D

Blood420,
jackmormon said:
aab1,

I think you have invented a new version of the "Dutch Oven" :cool:

Ahahaha thats what i was thinking.

Admittedly, i do vape out in bed under the covers sometimes. MFLB puts off a sweet light in perfect dark :brow:

SethFahara,
Top Bottom