U.K. FC meet up 2016?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Let's go Scotland then and get the cable car then walk to the top of ben nevis, dragging a generator the whole way. And we can sit in the clouds and vape amongst nature in piece and serenity, exept the generator chugging away to power my eq...

MinnBobber

Off topic slightly, but any of you "FC UK blokes" planning on being in Amsterdam around May 23- 30?

I'll be there, at Paradox or La Tertulia or ???

Just curious, how much is airfare roundtrip from London to AMS?
It's too damn pricey from US to AMS :)

Enjoy your UK get-together!!

harmless healing

The vape villa

Indeed, this is it

amsterdam is a fine place

I will be there in 2016, not sure when yet

I'm too high to think or interact. I will make sense tomorrow, Ignore all I say this evening

Last edited:

harmless healing

How is everyone this evening? That's me off work now..for 3days :disgust: long enough I suppose, no rest for the wicked and all that

On the bright side, tonight is the night the strains I have saved up through the year get reintroduced to the big bad EVO :D And I gotta say, some have aged better than others :\

Anyone got any New Years resolutions planned? I know it's early

UnshavenFish

Today I woke and went into science mode. After a few hours I had made some qwiso and some bho. The bho came out lovely from fresh/frozen trim. Tha taste and smell of a fresh amnesia bho is amazing.

bFrDCgn.jpg

AcEVLTfh.jpg

mICXc14.jpg

So at about 12 lunch time, I vaped a amnesia, soft hash, qwiso, bho sandwich. I have never done this before.

I'm only just coming back to the world now (almost 5 hours later). It's been a relaxing day. Contemplating another now. Need to go shopping first.

Love me some qwiso :love: I need to start doing some bigger runs though as I'm collecting trim faster than I'm using it (to the point I have a freezer just for trim :mental:)

Not too bad considering I didn't freeze this lot (freezers full) and this was from the third wash, only problem is it's like glass so hard to dab with as it doesn't stick very well.

Just curious, how much is airfare roundtrip from London to AMS?
It's too damn pricey from US to AMS :)

I can get the ferry from Newcastle for £20 each way if in a group of four or more, last time I went there was 16 of us so I went for free :p (but shhh don't tell the others)

That's me off work now..for 3days :disgust: long enough I suppose, no rest for the wicked and all that

I don't know about no rest for the wicked, i spent the last few days before Xmas cancelling all of my jobs between now and the start of February :D, figured as I've worked the last few years this time of year I deserve a bit of free time, I'm sure I will be bored in a week or so but I've got plenty of bud to see me through those tough times :lol:

UnshavenFish

I have to say bho is the way forward...
Iso doesn't seem to capture the taste or smell like butane does. I think I will only use my iso for reclaim now... and bho my trim...

I only tried bho two times before I broke my extractor tube :doh: (rolled off the table in my shed) so my experience is limited, the main reason I never ordered a replacement is I find qwiso easier (and a little cheaper)...I can do small runs indoors (under an extraction fan) that take less than an hour from start to finish.

I also like that I can normally get 3 washes from each run, I keep the first wash for me, the second wash for a couple of good friends and the third wash for combusting friends (they wouldn't tell the difference anyways :lol:)

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Shouldn't solvent-less extraction be the way forward though?

I've just vaped some rosin from a small bud of nl x haze made within a few minutes from flower to dab including the heatup of my vape.
It tasted really lemony/limey/planty too :nod: :science::leaf::ko:

Last edited:

harmless healing

The best tasting extract I ever had was a live resin

The strongest extract I ever had was C02 oil

My favourite extract I ever had was BHO

I can do none of these at home so I dry sift there (Yet to get results from rosin that don't resemble reclaim, have a lot of particulates or just tastes like popcorn. but I'm probably doing it wrong)

Each solvent (or lack of) has its place (as long as properly purged) :2c:

UnshavenFish

Shouldn't solvent-less extraction be the way forward though?

I've just vaped some rosin from a small bud of nl x haze made within a few minutes from flower to dab including the heatup of my vape.
It tasted really lemony/limey/planty too :nod: :science::leaf::ko:

:clap: :bowdown:

Sounds good to me, I have read bits and pieces about rosin but never tried yet, what are you using for it? And what sort of return do you get from how much bud?

I guess there is a thread somewhere I should go and read :rolleyes:, but do you have any tips for a noob?

UnshavenFish,
Reactions: Pyr0

harmless healing

:clap: :bowdown:

Sounds good to me, I have read bits and pieces about rosin but never tried yet, what are you using for it? And what sort of return do you get from how much bud?

I guess there is a thread somewhere I should go and read :rolleyes:, but do you have any tips for a noob?

I second this motion.

Would like to try rosin that is upto par with others I've tried. Tips are needed

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I'm completely new to concentrates.
Before trying rosin, the closest I've come is kief from my grinder lol (does that count?)

I'm just using a pair of cheap hair straighteners (£10), some parchment paper and an irwin quick-clamp
Short presses at lowish temps preserve more of the flavour.
The one I did this afternoon was less than 10 second squash with the straightener on the lowest setting. The dial says 80 at the bottom, but I'm sure It's a bit hotter than that.

I was using a cheap set from ebay that were digital and worked well and would go as low as 50°C (tested by touching the pads lol) but they were cracking and I wanted some wider plates so I ordered a used pair of these that were one of the options for £10:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WN159J6?

Still looking for an affordable(cheap:p) digital pair with wide plates and a low minimum temperature setting

Returns depend on the plant tbh :shrug:
I've squashed some bud that looked good to the naked eye but yielded next to nothing.
And I've had a little bit of scrawny looking critical kush that left loads of rosin.

[edit]
Experimenting :science:
Squashed 0.554g of material a couple of times for around 7 seconds each. Before the second press I folded the rosin chip a couple of times and the return was higher.
I weighed 0.084g of rosin after collection so approximately 15%
Doesn't sound like much, but that's approximately 2 bowls of flower in the Mighty, or 2 dabs... :shrug:
The chip is still a little tacky too so could probably be pressed a third time.
dANOmfJ.jpg

and the money shot lol lovely golden goodness
3Ijb4Jj.jpg

Forgot to add that I'm vaping this with my Evo set lower than I would for vaping herb.
The dial is set to around 11 o'clock.

Last edited:

Carl Hempel

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet but the 'Product Earth expo' could be a great opportunity for a UK gathering - It's like a hemp/Cannabis expo/festival with industry vendors and entertainment.

I went last year and had a blast. I could hardly believe I was in the UK -

@VapeFiend.com had a stand there, and there were lots of like minded people In attendance.
I recommend it, hope to see some of you there in 2016 :peace::rockon:

http://productearthexpo.com

qYd4kAm.png

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I was interested in the Product Earth Expo when I first heard about it a couple months ago and even signed up for news updates, but I can't see me attending tbh as it would take me about 9 hours travelling just to get there on various buses & trains.

harmless healing

Forgot to add that I'm vaping this with my Evo set lower than I would for vaping herb.
The dial is set to around 11 o'clock.

This really intrigued me

Just hit some gdp and was surprised to still see the same cloud formation but with FAR more flavour

Thanks for this, if you haven't already,share on the EVO thread. Seems like most hit around 12-2 there (me included) I feel I've been hitting hotter than I gotta now though

Seriously, cheers man. Would probably never have went there

Edit: looking into product earth now

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
This really intrigued me

Just hit some gdp and was surprised to still see the same cloud formation but with FAR more flavour

Thanks for this, if you haven't already,share on the EVO thread. Seems like most hit around 12-2 there (me included) I feel I've been hitting hotter than I gotta now though

Seriously, cheers man. Would probably never have went there

Edit: looking into product earth now
You're welcome mate.
I was vaping rosin with the dial at 12 but the found the end always trailed off to nastiness so I tried turning it down a little and found it to be much better.
I think I've seen it mentioned in the EVO thread, but not much attention was paid.
Takes a few more seconds for my nail to heat up properly but I don't mind if I don't have the bad taste at the end

Last edited:

Carl Hempel

I was interested in the Product Earth Expo when I first heard about it a couple months ago and even signed up for news updates, but I can't see me attending tbh as it would take me about 9 hours travelling just to get there on various buses & trains.

That's quite a Journey! It's not all that local to where I am either - but well worth the travel. Couple of decent hotels very close to the venue too.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
How would people be vetted? By making them vape a fat bowl of herb in front of the group?

We could get matching jackets like a biker gang and call ourselves Knights of the Cloudy Vapes, or some other overblown title.

Top Bottom