almost there

Thought I'd take some pics to display Tubo's size.

The first couple are in relation to the SBJ and Mi.
EVqughh.jpg

9lCb5jC.jpg

Pardon my non-metric tape measure!
bEd2pBp.jpg

rBKt5Xz.jpg

blWraTJ.jpg

qwDd6OP.jpg
That's much appreciated @duff, read thru the whole thread and every posting on reddit and didn't find a hint as to the actual dimensions, maybe I was you know:tup:. I'm gonna make a model and see how it feels. That actually is the color I was eyeing too, good choice:nod:.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you don't have cruise control yet, get it! I love it and it takes it to a whole new level for ease of use.

@Shit Snacks do you have this installed yet? I think it will help you with sipping. I had it set to my fave temp and just let it sit there getting to equilibrium. Then I was able to take little sips and get some good stuff and I thought of you!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If you don't have cruise control yet, get it! I love it and it takes it to a whole new level for ease of use.

@Shit Snacks do you have this installed yet? I think it will help you with sipping. I had it set to my fave temp and just let it sit there getting to equilibrium. Then I was able to take little sips and get some good stuff and I thought of you!

Yeah man I am having better sipping luck the more I use it, the RBT stems/screens are what really help, and getting it heat soaked. So I am sure the session mode will help me even more, I just havent had any time to really deal with setting it up etc. Also kinda hoping for a finalized version that will also fix the heat up bug for me... I am excited to try using it like a conduction session unit, almost like a pure convection Solo, or true desktop perhaps :tup:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I actually don't think it would take more than 15 minutes to download and flash the new firmware.

I don't really deal with the heatup bug anymore due to session mode. It will sometimes I guess autostop a session due to it, with no message, but meh... starts up again np. I also am still finding one "session" to be good enough for me to not worry about hitting it for a while... get so baked it cools down enough by the time I want another session.

I almost never use the on-demand function now and it's usually to heatsoak so I can blow out some herb I left in the night before...

also, I really ( i mean really) pack the joints full, but with no tamping. Just vacuum-method and still get even abv (no stirring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and plentiful airflow/vapor/taste/etc. All is good (great) in tuboland.

I use it pretty much like a more ergonomic desktop that sometimes need a battery change but can also be a portable :)

Bad news is with where my usb ports are, I've pull the tubo off my desk a few times accidentally. No damage but just today it landed right on the usb port with it plugged in... Think I fucked my cable but tubo is good.

I do worry about breaking the glass joint/outer enclosure but no issues from like 3ft onto really shitty, not fluffy carpet.

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

Took the plunge!! Now I practice zen like patience as I read about all the fun others are having.:drool:

Please vids/pics/reviews keep em coming!!

Seriously love this community, so much knowledge!! And to think a year ago all I had was a cruddy pipe and combustion breath!!:puke:

Super excited, thank you @funkyjunky!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Congrats @Bdubbdiblets

I haven't seen any instructions on how to do the update?
PM @funkyjunky for directions.
Very easy and lightning fast.

Now off to try cruise!

Edit:
Cruise set to 2 clicks.
Straw method (thanks @Shit Snacks I think) into a basket screen.
Set temp at 355.
Clicked twice to turn cruise on.
Watched the screen for about 5 seconds just to see what it was doing.
Took a delicious medium draw and exhaled an impressive amount.
Repeated about 6 more times (Wussed out because I was hoping to do some web stuff for work).
Clicked the plus temp button to turn cruise off.

Cruise takes this thing up another notch @funkyjunky.
Awesome awesome awesome

A click pattern to turn off cruise will be a nice feature, especially since the temp buttons are difficult to hit, for me anyway.

And about those buttons...I think either a bevel of some sort around all the buttons or somehow extending them so they are flush with the face (like a CD drive on a PC) would help dramatically. Someone else here had some ideas on this that I'll try to track down.

The screen came completely clean with a quick sweep with my S&B brush.

Cruise is the shiznet. I imagine it will be how I use Tubo all of the time.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

I actually don't think it would take more than 15 minutes to download and flash the new firmware.

I don't really deal with the heatup bug anymore due to session mode. It will sometimes I guess autostop a session due to it, with no message, but meh... starts up again np. I also am still finding one "session" to be good enough for me to not worry about hitting it for a while... get so baked it cools down enough by the time I want another session.

I almost never use the on-demand function now and it's usually to heatsoak so I can blow out some herb I left in the night before...

also, I really ( i mean really) pack the joints full, but with no tamping. Just vacuum-method and still get even abv (no stirring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and plentiful airflow/vapor/taste/etc. All is good (great) in tuboland.

I use it pretty much like a more ergonomic desktop that sometimes need a battery change but can also be a portable :)

Bad news is with where my usb ports are, I've pull the tubo off my desk a few times accidentally. No damage but just today it landed right on the usb port with it plugged in... Think I fucked my cable but tubo is good.

I do worry about breaking the glass joint/outer enclosure but no issues from like 3ft onto really shitty, not fluffy carpet.

Yes, updating the firmware is a quick and easy process, and well worth it. Unfortunately, Cruise mode didn't resolve the heat up bug on my unit, but, once it's heating it doesn't seem to end sessions early. Of course, halfway through a session, I'm not sure I'm a good judge of time. :lol:

If anybody is on the fence about updating their Tubo, I don't think they'll be disappointed when they get around to it. It makes what was already a great convection vaporizer even better!

Also, I believe @Shit Snacks and I are the only ones who have mentioned significant heatup issues, so I wouldn't want to scare anyone away from the Tubo. I'm looking forward to having it resolved, but I'm still using it and I'm not a patient person. Of course, I'm confident it WILL be resolved, but I still think that says something for the device's performance.

As to the USB port topic, I destroyed the circuit board in my ESV by knocking it off my desk while the cable was inserted. Thankfully, with the Tubo's swappable batteries, I don't have to risk that again. Aside from firmware updates, it'll never see a USB cable.

Prolusio

I actually made a little thing explaining how to do an update for anyone who's interested! Just wanted to check with @funkyjunky before posting. I'm good to go :).

I feel my Tubo has been functioning better than ever since the update! I 100% feel beta or not, it's a huge improvement. Enough so that I wrote this so that (hopefully) everyone else can try it too! (I've never had these heat-up issues others seem to though. I guess I got a perfect Tubo! :D)

Note From @funkyjunky: Please keep in mind this firmware is a work in progress (beta). So it might have some quirks! (please share with us so it can be improved!!) If you have any issues or just plain don't like the update (:whoa:madness); the original firmware is included so you can just reset back to the old version.

How to update the Tubo

- First download the new version of the firmware and the program that will update your Tubo, found Here. They come in a Zip folder so extract/decompress the file. I used 7-Zip, if you don't already have a program that does this.

- Open the now decompressed folder, mine was called "170507-tubomyevic-cruise-240s". Same as the download but it should be a "File folder" instead of a "Compressed (zipped) folder" now.

-Inside there are 2 more folders;"Firmwareuploader-macosx" and "Firmwareuploader-windows". Open the folder for your system, and run the application "UpdateFirmware" . A window that looks like this should pop up
dDtv07i.png

-Turn your Tubo on and plug it into your PC with a micro USB cable. Your computer should immediately recognize the Tubo and the app will change to display your info! (Note: make sure the USB cable is one that can also transfer data. Some only do power. If nothing happens try a different micro USB cable first! @funkyjunky has confirmed the included Tubo cable WILL NOT WORK, IT'S POWER ONLY!! One you have for your phone is a good bet)
MoLfWJW.png

- Click "Update" in the firmware app. A window will open so you can select the firmware update file. Find the BIN file "170507-tubomyevic-cruise-240s-beta", select and open it. It will be in the folder you decompressed. When I selected "Update" the app opened into the "Firmwareuploader-windows" folder; so I had to go back one folder to find the BIN file.

- Your Tubo should now be updated! Exit the app, unplug your Tubo, and cruise away! You will need to enter the menu on your Tubo and choose how to activate Cruise first though.

To choose how you activate Cruise
Press the Fire+Up buttons to enter the Menu.
Go Menus>Interface>Clicks - you'll see options to choose how many Clicks of the Fire button it takes to activate various functions on your Tubo. Set Cruise to however many Clicks you'd like and you're good to go!

For example: I have 2 - Clock. 3- Cruise. 4- Edit. You have to choose a Click setting before you can use Cruise. Each Click does not need to do something, but one of them has to be set to Cruise for it to work.

To select the duration of Cruise mode (how long your session will last)
Go Menus>Vaping>Prot - The number displayed here is the duration of your cruise session. 240s default, but change as you wish!

Hopefully that was helpful to someone! I apologize if anything I explained was confusing. If you are unsure how to unzip folders it's very easy and many good tutorials can be found on Youtube. I'm no expert or anything, but I'd also be happy to help over PM as well!

The update process seems longer when written out like that, but seriously it's extremely easy! Give it a shot! I was surprised at how many steps there were compared to the "oh it's so simple" I remembered.. Not complicated steps, but enough someone could get confused for sure! I guess everything is long when you write it out in steps though... How to sit down step 6: Aligning the ass.. :lol:

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I actually made a little thing explaining how to do an update for anyone who's interested! Just wanted to check with @funkyjunky before posting. I'm good to go :).

I feel my Tubo has been functioning better than ever since the update! I 100% feel beta or not, it's a huge improvement. Enough so that I wrote this so that (hopefully) everyone else can try it too! (I've never had these heat-up issues others seem to though. I guess I got a perfect Tubo! :D)

Note From @funkyjunky: Please keep in mind this firmware is a work in progress (beta). So it might have some quirks! (please share with us so it can be improved!!) If you have any issues or just plain don't like the update (:whoa:madness); the original firmware is included so you can just reset back to the old version.

How to update the Tubo

- First download the new version of the firmware and the program that will update your Tubo, found Here. They come in a Zip folder so extract/decompress the file. I used 7-Zip, if you don't already have a program that does this.

- Open the now decompressed folder, mine was called "170507-tubomyevic-cruise-240s". Same as the download but it should be a "File folder" instead of a "Compressed (zipped) folder" now.

-Inside there are 2 more folders;"Firmwareuploader-macosx" and "Firmwareuploader-windows". Open the folder for your system, and run the application "UpdateFirmware" . A window that looks like this should pop up
dDtv07i.png

-Turn your Tubo on and plug it into your PC with a micro USB cable. Your computer should immediately recognize the Tubo and the app will change to display your info! (Note: make sure the USB cable is one that can also transfer data. Some only do power. If nothing happens try a different micro USB cable first! @funkyjunky has confirmed the included Tubo cable WILL NOT WORK, IT'S POWER ONLY!! One you have for your phone is a good bet)
MoLfWJW.png

- Click "Update" in the firmware app. A window will open so you can select the firmware update file. Find the BIN file "170507-tubomyevic-cruise-240s-beta", select and open it. It will be in the folder you decompressed. When I selected "Update" the app opened into the "Firmwareuploader-windows" folder; so I had to go back one folder to find the BIN file.

- Your Tubo should now be updated! Exit the app, unplug your Tubo, and cruise away! You will need to enter the menu on your Tubo and choose how to activate Cruise first though.

To choose how you activate Cruise
Go Menus>Interface>Clicks - you'll see options to choose how many Clicks of the Fire button it takes to activate various functions on your Tubo. Set Cruise to however many Clicks you'd like and you're good to go!

For example: I have 2 - Clock. 3- Cruise. 4- Edit. You have to choose a Click setting before you can use Cruise. Each Click does not need to do something, but one of them has to be set to Cruise for it to work.

To select the duration of Cruise mode (how long your session will last)
Go Menus>Vaping>Prot - The number displayed here is the duration of your cruise session. 240s default, but change as you wish!

Hopefully that was helpful to someone! I apologize if anything I explained was confusing. If you are unsure how to unzip folders it's very easy and many good tutorials can be found on Youtube. I'm no expert or anything, but I'd also be happy to help over PM as well!

The update process seems longer when written out like that, but seriously it's extremely easy! Give it a shot! I was surprised at how many steps there were compared to the "oh it's so simple" I remembered.. Not complicated steps, but enough someone could get confused for sure! I guess everything is long when you write it out in steps though... How to sit down step 6: Aligning the ass.. :lol:

Anyway, good luck everyone!

:bowdown: thank you good sir!

Now when I feel like taking the time it will all be in one place easy as pie to do. As a lazy leafer its more just act of doing it than finding the time exactly, just been busy and in no rush since I've still been getting to know Tubo in on demand mode (its pretty much all I've been using aside from some oil carts and the MVT once or twice a couple weeks ago). Despite all the shortcomings I lay out I still say it is an amazing vape and worth more than it costs, no worries there in case that wasn't clear :tup: Loooooove riding those low low temps :drool::ko:

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn ,just followed the steps,and did all right and when i press update and selected the bin file ,it said something like sending firmware fail. and now my tubo is dead,no matter how many clicks i do,or how many times i reinsert the battery,it is just dead,it is not even recognized by the PC anymore.. Could this update fried my evic ??
Update. Nope ! It is alive :D :D
Blahh after reseting my PC, and reextracting the file it all went fine LOL.... don t be scared if your tubo plays dead if update fails :D :D .. Sometimes unzipping archives doesnt go flawless.

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Damn... that sucks. :uhoh: There's no tiny "manual reset" pin / button?

Maybe try installing the NFE toolbox to try to monitor the device and re-flash @funkyjunky's firmware through the NFE updater? (i think he uses some of these tools to develop the tubo firmware)

I was a bit surprised to see @Prolusio 's updater instructions recommend using the stock joyetech firmware updater program. I think that little updater program isn't as compatible with 3rd party wares like the NFE box is. :shrug:

EDIT: Glad you figured that out, it was a more simple explanation. :tup: There should be like a checksum or something for the file extractor or file updater to see if the .bin is corrupted.

But... I still stand by my recommendation of the NFE toolbox...it's pretty fun to plug in the mod to your comp with a micro usb and watch the monitor in real time. You can watch how the TC works it's magic, maybe fine-tune your heater or technique, or troubleshoot minor temp stability bugs? :sherlock: and isn't it weird how i respond to your post...before you even post it!!! :D enjoy the cruize mode, I'll be joining you guys soon

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn... that sucks. :uhoh: There's no tiny "manual reset" pin / button?

Maybe try installing the NFE toolbox to try to monitor the device and re-flash @funkyjunky's firmware through the NFE updater? (i think he uses some of these tools to develop the tubo firmware)

I was a bit surprised to see @Prolusio 's updater instructions recommend using the stock joyetech firmware updater program. I think that little updater program isn't as compatible with 3rd party wares like the NFE box is. :shrug:
It is all good now. The reason for the error was in the shitty extracting program.Sometimes it unarchives just 99% and since it hasnt build in hash check (lol) ,u never know. It would be odd if i was the only one having the problem with the firmware,i am sure as hell i am not the only one having this issue with archiving programs :D ,so it was foolish to suspect the firmware.. before it :D
Cruise mod rocks ! :haw: I set it to 3 clicks/ 90 secs. I like it how the regular mod is still on. Just hold the button for heat on demand.
I set cruise mode to 90 seconds ,rest and i finished the rest in on demand mode :)

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Message funkyjunky.

The update looks easy- it's the setup that looks a bit complicated but then I'm always intimidated when trying something new. Thanks so much for writing out the instructions. I'll try tomorrow.

I encourage you... You will LOVE it. Really another level, you would not believe it. You better believe it :p :)

Enjoy y'all!

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
thank you very much @Prolusio! and to you too @duff!

Damn ,just followed the steps,and did all right and when i press update and selected the bin file ,it said something like sending firmware fail. and now my tubo is dead,no matter how many clicks i do,or how many times i reinsert the battery,it is just dead,it is not even recognized by the PC anymore.. Could this update fried my evic ??
Update. Nope ! It is alive :D :D
Blahh after reseting my PC, and reextracting the file it all went fine LOL.... don t be scared if your tubo plays dead if update fails :D :D .. Sometimes unzipping archives doesnt go flawless.
this can happen, pressing the update button again does reactivate it for me (what you essentially did after reextracting the archive). its a minor shock, dont worry, the device cant be bricked by the updating. in any case just contact me (or prolusio :p) if you feel something went wrong.

today i remembered something from the lsv thread and would like to share it here:
p3Ad2MF.jpg

similar to the ez load bowls for vapeexhale this is a small capsule made from two basket screens.
just squeeze one in the manner you see in the pics and use it as a lid for another basket screen.
this can help microdosers that want to keep the heater screen clean or when the screen in the joint is too much a pita to get back in!

lets cruise! :D

Last edited:

Prolusio

I used the NFE toolbox for my own update, works great! Highly recommend those programs. They actually just released a new version a few days ago.

My first write up recommended trying NFE; but going through it I figured it was an extra unnecessary step if all you want is the quick update. The files @funkyjunky put together work great with nothing else needed! I also figured people with something like the NFE tools would already understand how to do the update.

sickmanfraud

Many thanks to @Prolusio your explanation that there were USB cables that are only for charging and some are made for charging and data. Switching from a Boundless USB cable to a phone USB worked like a charm

I was using the wrong USB CABLE not USB 2 vs 3. This was the problem I was having updating my firmware for the Vivant Alternate.

Again: anyone who is having trouble updating firmware should make sure the USB cable you are using is for data too.

Thanks again @Prolusio

Last edited:

little maggie

I've updated but haven't tried it yet. Once I realized I'd removed my battery and needed to put it back in the update was simple. A few questions:
1. What temps are people finding as the best. I have mine set at 360 but when I got out my milaana to use with the whip after not using for a while it required less effort and was more powerful. My tubo must be set too low.
2. What is NFE and what is it used for
3. I know it's unnecessary but I'm curious about all the other features on the menu and what adjustments they make.

I made a double post- not thinking. I can't delete it or add them into 1 post. Sorry.

Last edited:

BaronOfBud

Woo! I was able to secure a spot in the next batch... From what I've seen and read I should be very pleased with this vape. Hopefully, it will be replacing my Firewood 4 as it's not as hard of a hitter as I'd like it to be. But the tubo looks like a beast! I'm definitely very excited and will post some pics for you all once it has been made and delivered. Hope you're all having a wonderful day, and happy vaping!

Top Bottom