KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For the VTC6 it's been discussed already. All Sony specs are over-rated and should be taken with a grain of salt (more precisely, they claim a given rating but only if the cell is maintained under 80°C by active cooling... a bit like MOSFET manufacturers who quote power dissipation figures they can only attain with the device submerged in coolant)

Just consider that the HG2/30Q/VTC6 are all around 18A continuous and not even real 20A like the 25R/HE4/VTC5.

Once again the Sony cell appears to have more initial oomph, like the VTC5, but the cycle life rating (by the manufacturer itself) is very low. They will lose capacity faster than the two others. And on top of that they cost more.

I stand by the 30Q recommendation personally.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Funny you say that...

Actually used 2 of my vapes that don't see much love anymore last night.

Midway through my bowl on each, I realized I was frustrated at the lack of airflow and thus lack of vapor.

I honestly just put them back away and was using the tubo again before the end of the night...

logs, vapcap and the trusty tubo. using anything else just feels wrong, apparently

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Funny you say that...

Midway through my bowl on each, I realized I was frustrated at the lack of airflow and thus lack of vapor.

I honestly just put them back away and was using the tubo again before the end of the night...

logs, vapcap and the trusty tubo. using anything else just feels wrong, apparently
I guess you forgot the milaana? :p
Wide open too -
Full convection for the win on demand or crusin!
:peace:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
edit:

it was just my screen being overly dirty and me not noticing until last night when i tried using everything in one session. was probably overpronounced anyway but all good.

either way it's still not really close, airflow wise if you ask me, but still satisfying experiences in their own right :)

Last edited:

luke00978

Funny you say that...

the only thing that comes close draw restriction wise in my arsenal is the volcano. the mighty and crafternate can be quite free when clean, vapcaps i find restrictive but have their place in ultimate portability, also find the e-nano to be much more restrictive than the tubo, still dont think you can get much higher than a 4 or 5 foot volcano bag to yourself, its the closest to a dab feeling with just herb.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
:D

just in time for the new batch going out i have a little improvement for the firmware.

for battery charge percentage lower than 50% i limited power to 50watts. again for lower than 25% i limited to 40watts.

this way i think we should be able to better and less aggressively discharge our batteries at lower charge and to enter cruise mode successfully.

always happy to hear feedback/input and useage reports, please keep everything coming :)

almost forgot the firmware file: tubo.lamart.ch/fw/170709-tubomyevic-goeasyonlowbat-beta.bin
instructions for updating can be found on tubo.lamart.ch

luke00978

just in time for the new batch going out i have a little improvement for the firmware.

for battery charge percentage lower than 50% i limited power to 50watts. again for lower than 25% i limited to 40watts.

this way i think we should be able to better and less aggressively discharge our batteries at lower charge and to enter cruise mode successfully.

always happy to hear feedback/input and useage reports, please keep everything coming :)

almost forgot the firmware file: tubo.lamart.ch/fw/170709-tubomyevic-goeasyonlowbat-beta.bin
no cruise progress bar in this build ?

MonkeyTime

the only thing that comes close draw restriction wise in my arsenal is the volcano. the mighty and crafternate can be quite free when clean, vapcaps i find restrictive but have their place in ultimate portability, also find the e-nano to be much more restrictive than the tubo, still dont think you can get much higher than a 4 or 5 foot volcano bag to yourself, its the closest to a dab feeling with just herb.

I can put .3 thru a SB Maxx or Evo pretty quick, it hits you square in the face and fast! I've done two bowls in the Maxx right behind one another and I went whitey :rip: I'm guessing this is what you're talking about?

I really have become highly biased towards vapes with open airways like the Tubo. I prefer to tone them down a bit with pieces like his included drip tip style ones. I like a little resistance to help keep it sloooow. But I really like the ability to jump on it if things are getting hot. This hasn't a problem been a problem with my Tubo yet, but with other open style vapes like the Mi, it sure is handy!

I'm sure there's more I'm going to learn about this thing, but I sure have fallen into comfortable regiment with it. Start about 400F with a few on demand primer hits and drop it to 380F or so for a 3 minute cruise. That's with the load in between a cap screen and the fitted one in the neck. I can slow it down for a session if I prefer, but I don't often.

Luv'n the Tubo!

BigJr48

What's the status on the TUBOx??? When will be out for pre-order??? Anxiously awaiting!!!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
ok, so far, so good. continuous improvements are very welcome.

at the lowest stage (<25% battery, 40w max) it did struggle to maintain the set temp of 390f *only when i was drawing as i normally would* and instead hovered around 340f.

at 50w max it had no issues maintaining temps with a full force pull.

my most frequent problem now will surely be 'device too hot' - so i'm curious - what are peoples usage patterns? as i said i don't go higher than 400 anymore really. 390 is my max for dry and i get it then. maybe i just have it too high and need to play with my resistance more? or am i just really, really vaping my weed?

who knows?

i'm so high because i figured i'd test this, and unlucky for everyone, it's a super strong sativa so here i am thinking about this shit.

onward to test more now that the tubo has cooled down a bit :)

edit:

same battery, new bowl - cruising 350f and peaking out power but it's still chuggin

edit2:

ok i got my battery to show 12% and then it just became not worth it really. i do like this a bit... i dropped my cruise to 120s a while ago (because honestly that's more than enough for me) and i was able to get 4 more productive cruises out of a battery than i normally would without all the fucking around and button pushing bs. i also notice the "cruise mode but no cruise bar" bug didn't occur once.

the device hot issue wasn't getting me after I switched temp so maybe 390 is too hot and i need to mess w resistance.

also, a lot of me getting shit battery life (2~ bowls that I was stating earlier) was because I just kept on a solid temp(usually 385~). I will try and see how many cruise I can get out of 1 batt if I start at like 340... then 390.... then load new bowl... and start at 340 again... etc etc... :sherlock:

tl;dr :

• good (4 more 120s cruise on a battery than normal)
  • also good (no more cruise bar vanishing)
  • happy (it's what you will be when you use this)]
  • chakras (your fucking chakras need realigment - consider buying my range-free and newly certified free-trade grinder)

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
As long as you can receive mail and make the payment, I'd think you can order whatever. Whether or not you'll get hit with customs taxes/VAT or whatever depends on where you're located.

I'm a little less baked now and a bit sleepy, so I'll try temp stepping a few bowls with a fresh battery as described earlier and post results along way. Cheers.

Fresh HG2 - 120s cruise

cruise1: 98% @345f
cruise2: 73% @385f

ended that bowl at 73% also apparently. going to chill at 385f again as there's still some more left. had a coughing fit midway thru that second cruise.

got a drink and now 79% - cool

cruise3: 79% @385f (shut off with maybe 15s left - 'device too hot' - i shoulda stuck to the script and just cached it and started a new one)

bowl2 cruise 4: 66% @340f

slight interruption - turned off tubo and it cooled down in the meantime :(

bowl2 cruise5: 61% @380f (got 'weak battery' as soon as i entered cruise)

bowl3 cruise 6: 44% @340f (no 'weak battery' this time)

bowl3 cruise 7: 35% @375f - 15sec

one puff and then 'battery low' over all screen - cutting cruise off. must click fire button to move on.

bowl3 cruise 7.5: 31% @375f - 15 sec

again 'battery low' - got a few good puffs. bowl is pretty much cached. i'll let it cool and try another a bit later. i wish i had weighed each bowl and taken pics of abv but meh.

o shit i lied... wanted another hit after stirring just to see (not worth it)

bowl3 cruise 7.75 28% @380f - 15 sec

edit3:

time to finish

bowl4 cruise 8: 28% @340f - eeeeeeeehhhh fuck it - too much effort. low battery msg before vapor production. I think this is good for now.

Last edited:

little maggie

Are these new posts describing usage after upgrading?

I'm having trouble using the new software. It isn't showing up as a zip file so none of my extraction software is working with it. Instead one of my music apps is trying to open it.
I had no problem with the directions on the previous updates.
I just looked at the previous folder. It had a couple of these files that show as media. But it also had an .exe file called updatefirmware.

The new software only has the media file with no indication on what to do to access the exe file.

Last edited:

Prolusio

@little maggie This new firmware file @funkyjunky just posted is not compressed/zip, so you do not need to extract anything this time! It's just the update file with none of the updater stuff included.

To update your Tubo find the "firmwareuploader-windows" folder you used for the updates before. Open the "UpdateFirmware" application, plugin Tubo, then choose the new BIN file just like you did for the previous update. Mine was called "170709-tubomyevic-goeasyonlowbattery-beta.bin". That should be all you need to do!

If you don't still have the folder with the updater you can go to this website and download the file "NFirmwareEditor-v7.1.1.zip". It does the same thing as the other update application but it's more reliable/powerful/prettier.

Unzip the file you just downloaded. Inside the now extracted folder "NFE-Tools-v7.1.1" run the application "NToolbox". A window like this should appear:
Ul7f2mv.png

Select "Firmware Updater" and a new window should pop up. Plugin your Tubo and the Updater should see your device right away. Looks like this but might have different numbers cuz mine is already updated

nLCNE7u.png

Choose "Update from file", select the new BIN for the updated firmware, wait for the update to complete, cruise on!

Top Bottom