funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
alright here is the teaser of the TUBO vtc dual:
heaterside is the same.
in two battery configuration it can push up to 150watts (have it at 130w), really fast heat up, no possibility to overwhelm the heater. as said before, it is slightly taller than the tubo evic and obviously fatter in two battery configuration.
as far as customization goes more or less the same is possible still. there are limited colors of the evic vtc dual for inside the wood. price is higher due to more work involved and higher mod costs.

hope you like it :)

regarding whips: i can send a whip or even two (and other small accessories) in a bigger envelope @ mailing costs that are much lower, just fyi. ($3.80 if i remember correctly)

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Really good looking @funkyjunky!!
So you can use it with one or two batteries?
Is it as small as the normal tubo evic when used with one battery?
thanks!
yes it will come with both battery compartements. in single cell configuration it is a bit wider (2mm maybe) and about 5mm taller.

i dont know yet how i can adapt the power adapter for the tubo evic.

Krahl

What is the exact difference between this and the original.
@little maggie lol how many vapes do you need /have. What is the point. Is it an addiction, like I don't need to spend money on pot but I must spend on something?, not having a go just has me wondering how many vapes can one person own and why.? You have me intrigued

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
thanks!
yes it will come with both battery compartements. in single cell configuration it is a bit wider (2mm maybe) and about 5mm taller.

i dont know yet how i can adapt the power adapter for the tubo evic.

Seems to be a great upgrade!
Any tests on battery life yet?
Since this seemed to be the biggest "issue" I think a lot people would want to know that ;)
Also, is it more forgiving on low A batteries (maybe when giving out less watt, since the 70w of the tubo seemed to do the job quite well)?
I really dig the modular design :)

little maggie

@little maggie lol how many vapes do you need /have. What is the point. Is it an addiction, like I don't need to spend money on pot but I must spend on something?, not having a go just has me wondering how many vapes can one person own and why.? You have me intrigued
Actually I have far less vapes than many people here. I have been sending vapes to people in need and Vitolo over the past year. Right now I have a few logs and one each of the on demand vapes like the tubo, milaana and MVT. I use them all. I love the tubo and I'm sure the upgrade will be great- maybe replace the original.
I actually have the same question you asked me about people who hear about a $500+ vape and just go and order it.But yes, I confess to VAS.

RelaxedNow

I'm not really unhappy with the Tubo's battery life, but if it's significantly improved with the Dual, I'm not sure I can resist buying it.

My first thought was "why would I want the single battery holder?", but then I thought about the six unpaired batteries I've been rotating through the Tubo, and it all made sense.

@funkyjunky, what was the music in the video? :)

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
I was pleasantly surprised to see my tubo has made it's way to my door all the way from Switzerland to California, only 4 days! :o :tup:

Unpacking, it was alot of stuff (including plenty of glass) packed tightly and securely in that little Vtwo Mini box.

Open it up, put in a fresh battery, load it up and go...pretty easy, and the results did not let me down! I had high expectations for this little vape from following this thread, and it did not disappoint! :brow: :ko: :science:

Tried my first session with a small load of jack herer @ 360-370 just with the bent stem, and it was very tasty, and started giving plenty of smooth vape after 2 or 3 light hits. I finished the session at 390F, and I started feeling the hot convection air on my lips, and my flowers were about spent, so i emptied, reloaded with some cherry pie, and then attached my trusty large 18mm hydratube to the tubo, cruising between 375-390F...and wow :o so nice...such luscious, voluminous vapor. This thing is easily matching or even exceeding my arizer EQ at similar temps. :bowdown:

I'd love to give a much more detailed review, post up more pics and make some videos, including the downsides (yes there's a few, but relatively quite minor, covered well in this thread already, and vastly out-weighed by the pro's)

But for now, I humbly submit for my tubo'ers, on my first session, my cat Cushy (aka Young Cushlet) wanted to join me and inspect the tubo for his approval. Good news: he approves :nod:

alright here is the teaser of the TUBO vtc dual:
heaterside is the same.
in two battery configuration it can push up to 150watts (have it at 130w), really fast heat up, no possibility to overwhelm the heater. as said before, it is slightly taller than the tubo evic and obviously fatter in two battery configuration.
as far as customization goes more or less the same is possible still. there are limited colors of the evic vtc dual for inside the wood. price is higher due to more work involved and higher mod costs.

hope you like it :)

regarding whips: i can send a whip or even two (and other small accessories) in a bigger envelope @ mailing costs that are much lower, just fyi. ($3.80 if i remember correctly)

@FJ thanks for creating all these tubos for us! :bowdown: Just now I get the tubo evic, and the dual tubo is out! :lol: But I don't regret it, for as long as I waited, I'm so happy to be tubo'ed out now.... waiting longer would have started to make me anxious! :uhoh: :drool: This will easily become my favorite flower vape now...

I'm quite impressed on how well you've implemented your wood cover and casings on the different type of hinged battery door on the VTC dual. The removable magnetic battery door on the evic and your wooden case for it on the original tubo is one of the easiest and more reliable battery door / covers I've seen on a temp control mod (if the magnet's glue doesn't fall off :D) and it's quick to change batteries.

The hinged doors I trust slightly less, I have a big cuboid with a battery door that never fully snaps tight, I wouldn't trust the batteries to stay in if I dropped it. Your VTC dual seems more snappy and secure. That small gap in the wood covering the metal body by the hinge on the double battery door is the only eye-sore. ;) (no big deal)

Your battery trays seem to be sliding out and snapping in pretty easily. I bought a VTC dual and set one up for a friend for dabbing use, and I was un-impressed with sliding battery door, which I felt was very rough and took way too much effort to remove and snap in. Yours seems to glide and slide. Maybe I just got a bum VTC dual? (my friend did :cool:)

Given a choice between 1 or 2, I don't see much reason to use the single battery tray, but it comes with the mod already. Maybe useful for those unpaired batteries like @RelaxedNow said, or if you want to continue with an epic tubo session, but you only have 1 charged battery left over, and not 2? :shrug:

FWIW, it would be nice to make a tubo vape with joyetech's primo 2 mod, it has 2 amp charging, which helps alot to charge through the mod (only 1 amp on the VTC dual), and it's shape and form is very close to the vtc dual, has a similar battery door, and more attractive, metalic colors and finishes.

eVic_Primo_2_01.png

eVic_VTC_Dual_01.png

But since the myevic build that you have used for your tubomyevic is not compatible with the more recent primo mods, that pretty much rules it out for you ATM :(, unless you want to use your hacking and software development skills to dig into that? (maybe you can fool the tubomyevic to load onto the primo and work with that mod?)

It would be cool to make a "tubo-arcticfox" software to replace the tubomyevic, (it has a few cool features that myevic is lacking) but maelstrom isn't allowing that, like we discussed, and you already invested your time in tubomyevic....

yada yada, ramble...vape on guys n' gals :) :wave:

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

I couldn't find any mention of the Dual's battery life on Joyetech's website, but did find two online retailers claiming it's doubled. As their verbiage was identical, it likely came from Joyetech's marketing department.

I guess it makes sense that it would be improved, as I'd imagine the higher wattage is used only during initial heat up, then drops to the minimum necessary to maintain temperature (similar to the Tubo Evic). Of course, our usage case is not as intended, so maybe not doubled life, but likely improved over the Tubo Evic. As low batteries (below about 3.8 V) cause errors on my OG unit (not a big deal, as I rotate six, but it'd be nice to get closer to perfection), and assuming pricing will be only a little higher, I'll be placing an order.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Doh! 3.8V (resting) is not a low battery, it's above the nominal voltage! You should be able to drain them down to 3.2V on the VTC mini. I try to cut at 3.4V in all my devices. You're wasting a lot of charge per cycle.

If you get errors at 3.8V then you are definitely putting too much strain on your cells. I hate sounding like a broken record though...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Doh! 3.8V (resting) is not a low battery, it's above the nominal voltage! You should be able to drain them down to 3.2V on the VTC mini. I try to cut at 3.4V in all my devices. You're wasting a lot of charge per cycle.

If you get errors at 3.8V then you are definitely putting too much strain on your cells. I hate sounding like a broken record though...

There is still a weak battery but that shows up at 40% capacity, sometimes earlier... :shrug:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well it's simple, try lowering your Watts to 40W and see if that changes anything. You can revert at any time.

PS: PID settings will possibly not be optimal for this setting so at first watch the temperature without drawing and see if it overshoots or exhibits other weird behaviours. You'd also have to lower your draw speed of course, less power to counteract.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
It looks like the accessories will be the same. Is that accurate?
yes, as the heater side is the same all stems and whips are compatible.

the obvious difference would be it being able to take 2 batteries. plus the size differences i mentioned already. internally they work very similar. the vtc dual has the ability to increase peak power in two cell mode. in single cell configuration it is functionally the same.

no ac adapter possibility for the tubo vtc dual.

Seems to be a great upgrade!
Any tests on battery life yet?
Also, is it more forgiving on low A batteries (maybe when giving out less watt, since the 70w of the tubo seemed to do the job quite well)?
battery life is about double. maybe even a bit more since the cells are not stressed as much as in single configuration.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my tubo has made it's way to my door all the way from Switzerland to California, only 4 days! :o :tup:

Just now I get the tubo evic, and the dual tubo is out!

FWIW, it would be nice to make a tubo vape with joyetech's primo 2 mod, it has 2 amp charging

unless you want to use your hacking and software development skills to dig into that? (maybe you can fool the tubomyevic to load onto the primo and work with that mod?)
great that you already have it! untracked priority stikes again :)

as i have my hands pretty full right now it will take me at least another 2 months to get started on a batch for the tubo vtc dual.

yes i am already set on the mod for the time being. the primo 2 does look good as a mod but it not being on the list of supported devices of myevic makes it a lot more work for me, even if i got lucky and get it to work somehow.

what happened with the broken tubo from a few days ago? was it an easy fix?

unfortunately this unit will need brain surgery. its the first that needs to come back, broke rather quickly after getting used. i cant tell at the moment what broke, cant imagine that the connections i made came lose and produced a no atomizer, i suspect something internally burned through. lets see, ill update with what i find.

i have plans for a firmware upgrade that goes easy on the battery when its less than 40 or 50%, like lowers watts to 50w or something. that should prevent the cell voltage to drop as much under load and not trigger the low battery error (its actually when battery voltage hits 2.8V under load).

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
unfortunately this unit will need brain surgery. its the first that needs to come back, broke rather quickly after getting used. i cant tell at the moment what broke, cant imagine that the connections i made came lose and produced a no atomizer, i suspect something internally burned through. lets see, ill update with what i find.

Hrm... I made a lengthy post the other day about getting low atomizer error often when battery low/device hot, then tubo switching to other modes and getting stuck (!) in other modes until I reset firmware. I asked for it to be deleted, but I think it may have to do with when I dropped it. Still works fine, just when it gets low on battery and super hot (like when I try and do 3 stems back to back to back) alternating between forcing into cruise and holding the button for on demand hits makes it go wonky.

May just be mine, and it works fine otherwise. I'm sure my example is pretty extreme. I'm trying to go thru like .5 without letting it cool etc.

Also I was saying this and that about battery life, but when I drop my temps, its obviously a lot better. I tend to think it runs a bit hotter now but I really don't know.

Don't really care either cos it still works great. PM'd for dual model

Top Bottom