Discontinued Triton Oil Vaporization System

Danksta

I understand the new site is in the process of being launched and the warranties over will be updated with it.

We are always open to working out kinks but we can’t replace items that are 6 months old where people claim the scratches as manufacturers defect.

Many have tried. That’s why we have that.

@Danksta OD 12mm ID 10mm

Is it possible to use a larger insert or is that the max size? A competitor has 15mm buckets.

I already have a Quartz Quest which is small. 15mm sounds like a better size. Thanks for the info G

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
If your quartz cup is rattling around you might have the ring on upside down. I thought I damaged mine, but I flipped the ring and it was back to normal.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: Morty

Danksta

Triton owners, do you think a 15mm insert would fit the bucket?

Source has them from two different makers, although they just ran out.

If those could be used with a Triton I'd probably get one (Triton).

Danksta,

Hoosier

I just measured with digital caliper...the Triton quartz is 12.05mm. The I.d. Of the body looks like it would fit appx 14.15mm. I don’t own the source 15mm, so I’ll leave that measurement to you

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Is it possible to use a larger insert or is that the max size? A competitor has 15mm buckets.

I already have a Quartz Quest which is small. 15mm sounds like a better size. Thanks for the info G

Anytime boss. Glad I can help.

With a bigger heating surface more heating time is needed which equates to more power being drawn and longer heat up times.

We have a way around this and working on it. Hopefully in 2-3 weeks I can talk about it.

analytika

Can someone explain what are these "inserts" under discussion, with respect to I think the 1701s?

analytika,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been pushing my quartz 1701 too hard lately so I decided to try the titanium one and I was surprised at how good it was. I do like the quartz more still, but the taste was actually really good. It seemed to heat up quicker and I got way more vapor, but maybe I've just worn down the heater in my quartz one.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

It does not fit. The base outside diameter of both atomizers is exactly the same, however the actual Source XXL quartz insert is too wide to fit into the 1701 base/housing. It is also much taller but that might not have been an issue. It is so close, but not gonna happen. Sounds like G is on the mission for us already tho!

Danksta

It does not fit. The base outside diameter of both atomizers is exactly the same, however the actual Source XXL quartz insert is too wide to fit into the 1701 base/housing. It is also much taller but that might not have been an issue. It is so close, but not gonna happen. Sounds like G is on the mission for us already tho!

I'm excited. This is the system and company I'd rather support.

Still holding out hope for an option with just the quartz/ti buckets. Then W9 will have my full support.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm excited. This is the system and company I'd rather support.

Still holding out hope for an option with just the quartz/ti buckets. Then W9 will have my full support.

We found something out that’s interesting when it comes to width of the quartz.

We will disclose this when we have something in our hands to show for it.

But reading comments here for over 2 years got me thinking on a theory and we are going to be putting that theory to test.

Just need little bit of time.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been trying the 1701's without the wick. No problems using it that way and I like that it's easy to tell how much is left in there. Didn't really notice a difference in taste or performance. Though towards the end it started to pool towards the edges/walls and stay out of the middle. The wick probably helps keep it all centered in the cup, I think this was only happening when it was low and I'd need to reload anyways.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Though towards the end it started to pool towards the edges/walls and stay out of the middle. The wick probably helps keep it all centered in the cup, I think this was only happening when it was low and I'd need to reload anyways.
When I see the ring and can't get full coverage accross the floor anymore I add time to my preheat and sometimes raise the temp a little. The idea is to hit it as hard as I can and take as big or a rip to finish off whatever actives remain. Before this hit the color of my wax is still pretty close to its original color but a little darker. After this hit it is much darker and the flavor is gone. This is when I clean it usually. Sometimes I will give an extra long preheat and try for another hit or two just so I don't have to reload quite yet.

Hoosier

When I see the ring and can't get full coverage accross the floor anymore I add time to my preheat and sometimes raise the temp a little. The idea is to hit it as hard as I can and take as big or a rip to finish off whatever actives remain. Before this hit the color of my wax is still pretty close to its original color but a little darker. After this hit it is much darker and the flavor is gone. This is when I clean it usually. Sometimes I will give an extra long preheat and try for another hit or two just so I don't have to reload quite yet.
Any idea how much you are loading in g?

Hoosier,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
.06 to .08 probably. Based on getting 6-8 sessions out of a .5 gram container. Sometimes I would think its more like .04-.06 grams cause I usually get more than 8 sessions.

KawaiiOppai

So, an update on my triton. Specifically the 1701 coils quartz.

I jumped over to wattage mode at 20 watts last night. Was getting good results all of last night just pulse the mod as needed for vapor production. Went to use it today, and the coil was cracked and not functional. Not sure when or how it broke as it was working all night but...disappointing to say the least. Shouldn’t happen at 20 watts. Disappointing.

Luckily I have 2 more.

Let’s talk about the rebuildability or lack of.

Shit design. I’m just going to say it. The ceramic insulator needs to be changed for something more durable. Broke while getting the broken coil out. A solid glass insulating piece would be preferred here. Or an even better design, just use a glass or ceramic disk/ring. This just seems poorly thought out.

Now, I don’t have spare heaters, I have spare full buckets and assembled units. That I don’t care to mess with immediately. So I decided to bring out my wires and make my own coil out of kanthal.

Why spend $10+ on a replacement heater if you can make your own. Right? Rebuildable does NOT mean order replacement parts in my opinion.

So, I made my own heater. Works fine. Installation was a bitch because the stupid ceramic insulator is far to fragile to sell as ‘rebuildable’.

Wattage mode is now back in working condition performing amazing. Now I don’t have some fragile as fuck ceramic heater which is a huge bonus. My DIY heating element at least won’t ever fail, crack or otherwise go wrong.

Which leads me back to the rebuildable design. Make a glass disk. Have grooves in a circular pattern so I can go buy my wire of choice, thread it into the durable disk and have something actually rebuildable. Likely, it wouldn’t ever need rebuilt going with this type of design as well.

Anyways. I’m happy with the triton overall, but the rebuild aspect....I’d be embarrassed to try and tell people it’s rebuildable. I think they don’t get the appeal of what that means. Rebuildable isn’t spend $15 on your parts every couple of weeks.

@THC SCIENTIFIC edit: I decided to model what in my opinion would be a better insulator design. it still needs a few changes but mostly would work as is with that model, feel free to message me about it.
https://a360.co/2v9hLCC

Link to my makeshift heater. https://imgur.com/a/TBKx2Dh

Works like a charm. Room for improvement. That ones 0.48ohms 23ga kanthal.

Last edited:

KawaiiOppai

So you turned the 1701 into a Vinvant Incendio

I wouldn’t say that. AFAIK, the incendio is even less rebuildable.

If I had Titanium, Nickel, or SS on hand, I would have functional temp control as well.

You do realize the 1701 heater is basically the same thing as my DIY kanthal with the difference being ceramic so it doesn’t conduct with the titanium bucket, and of course, temp control which is only because I don’t have suitable wire on hand. Functionally, it’s the same concept.

Pulse kanthal at low wattage and it’s going to perform the same as the original 1701 coil, less the convienience of TC.

If I had my rebuildable ring model actually made, it should work with both buckets, easily be rebuildable with wire of choice, and not require purchasing the 1701 coils repeatedly.

My big complaint, is the current ceramic insulator broke while taking out the damaged ‘rebuildable’ heater. So what, now I need a whole new ‘rebuildable’ coil?

The idea of it being rebuildable very much appeals to me. But In it’s current state, I can NOT recommend the triton for being rebuildable.

All other aspects are superb. Don’t get me wrong. The other coils havnt had any issues. But I think the rebuildable 1701 has some serious design flaws/oversights. The heater should not have cracked under the usage I was giving it, and the insulators should be durable enough to remove the heater without damaging the insulator.

KawaiiOppai,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I wouldn’t say that. AFAIK, the incendio is even less rebuildable.

If I had Titanium, Nickel, or SS on hand, I would have functional temp control as well.

You do realize the 1701 heater is basically the same thing as my DIY kanthal with the difference being ceramic so it doesn’t conduct with the titanium bucket, and of course, temp control which is only because I don’t have suitable wire on hand. Functionally, it’s the same concept.

Pulse kanthal at low wattage and it’s going to perform the same as the original 1701 coil, less the convienience of TC.

If I had my rebuildable ring model actually made, it should work with both buckets, easily be rebuildable with wire of choice, and not require purchasing the 1701 coils repeatedly.

My big complaint, is the current ceramic insulator broke while taking out the damaged ‘rebuildable’ heater. So what, now I need a whole new ‘rebuildable’ coil?

The idea of it being rebuildable very much appeals to me. But In it’s current state, I can NOT recommend the triton for being rebuildable.

All other aspects are superb. Don’t get me wrong. The other coils havnt had any issues. But I think the rebuildable 1701 has some serious design flaws/oversights. The heater should not have cracked under the usage I was giving it, and the insulators should be durable enough to remove the heater without damaging the insulator.

Have you contacted customer service to order parts for the 1701?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Last edited:

Tomfool86

Finally ripped a dual coil apart and now i see how they're leak proof. Its basically a sealed ceramic cup sitting on a pedestal.
hIn8Q1c

Tomfool86,
Reactions: analytika

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Been hitting my quartz 1701 too hard out of temp control mode. At first I thought I had overfilled again and burned more material between the heater and cup. It still works pretty well considering, I can tell it's not performing as well though. Already ordered a new heater and another quartz 1701 atty, I'll be more gentle this time.

xfyolf.jpg

Old_muel

Brand new to concentrates, considering the triton os & was hoping someone can tell me if it's suitable to load up, head out-n-about with & have multiple seshes without reloading, if so how much roughly would be max loading capacity or how many seshions roughly can you put in, or is this more suited to loading a tiny bit at a time & vaping it all at once each time & I'd be better off looking at something else for that purpose? also would an istick pico be sufficient? Cheers

KawaiiOppai

Brand new to concentrates, considering the triton os & was hoping someone can tell me if it's suitable to load up, head out-n-about with & have multiple seshes without reloading, if so how much roughly would be max loading capacity or how many seshions roughly can you put in, or is this more suited to loading a tiny bit at a time & vaping it all at once each time & I'd be better off looking at something else for that purpose? also would an istick pico be sufficient? Cheers

Everyone’s tolerance and usage is different. For me, it’s usually enough for when I go out and about. It doesn’t leak or spill, but I also keep it upright.

I’ve also got a mint tin, with concentrate inside it. So...I don’t exactly run out, ever. I’m not refilling the triton very often though.

I think it’s been said it holds up to .1g or so. All I know is for me, it holds more than enough.

I know some people that go through a gram in like 3 days. I’m the type where it will last weeks.

You need a 30watt or better mod that is capable of temperature control...preferably custom TCR values.

Top Bottom