TinyMight / TM 2

LabPong

I haven't seen this mentioned but for stirring my absolute favourite tool is the stirring stick that comes with the Elev8r.

Totally...my fav tool. I like them because I can stir smaller bowls and not fling stuff every where as much as other picks. I like the length as well.....I add some foam bits to make a bigger ball at the end for better manipulation and protection. I used some of those foam ear plugs that are like soft memory foam.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Speaking of that little basket screen, do many of you use it to cap the load? I've found myself using my Tinymight inverted for at least the first hit so I avoid anything falling down onto the bottom screen.

No, I never use the included screen, I want my load to sit evenly between the heater and the cu, the domed shape of said screen won't allow that. To cap a load I like the Mistvape cups, they're cool and fit perfectly, firm enough to not fall out of the chamber, but still not too tight so I'm still able to blow it out with the abv after a session.

By „inverted“ do you mean upside-down?

RelaxedNow

I don’t stir at all, but I’ve never liked to bother with any device. With the TM, I don’t go above 7 very often, and have never noticed a ring, though I don’t fully extract either. Once the flavor reaches the toasty point, I’m done. Downside is the ABV doesn’t come out easily, so I need to scrape it with a small screwdriver blade. This does leave the screen a bit plugged.

I don’t worry about inverting the TM, as anything that falls onto the heater screen gets cooked well enough to blow out of the unit.

As to cleaning, I fill basket screens and swap them out when the performance has dropped noticeably. I also have two cooling units and stems, so I swap them also, though less often.

I kinda like cleaning all the parts when the time comes. It’s actually very relaxing to allow my quest for perfection have its moment, and it’s fun to see the ISO and hot water do their job. :)

Being retired, and having time to kill helps. :nod:

SquirrelMaster

@LabPong
That's a good idea, it would protect it in a fall as well. I dropped mine yesterday straight onto concrete from 4' high and I was scared it broke it but there wasn't a mark.

@Siebter
Yeah upside down, I probably look hilarious doing it but :shrug:.

SquirrelMaster,

tokenknifeguy

I also was in the camp of stirring every 2 hits or so, but now I find it is best to not stir if your vape can allow for it. Biggest reason for this, is keeping the screens clean. When stirring, it creates finer particles that are much easier to get stuck in the screen. Now I just blow out the weed and the basket screens don't need cleaning nearly as much.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah upside down, I probably look hilarious doing it but :shrug:.

You totally don't have to do that. This is how I typically load the chamber:

load.png

Note that I use no basket screen and also load pretty much to the brim – no need for the herb to stay away from the heater / screen.

This is the screen above the heater:

screen.png

So far I never had to clean it even once (after three months of usage).

SquirrelMaster

@Siebter
I've had a couple flecks fall onto the screen and I'm overly OCD sometimes. The screen is easy to access though for anyone wondering that hasn't taken their unit apart.

I do this with all of my glass stem convection vapes, definitely don't have to but my OCD prefers it, and I definitely do look hilarious (that's part of why a j hook can be such a godsend)

I'm glad I'm not alone in that regard. I had a J-Hook in the mail but it's "lost" (the local post person can't deliver correctly to save their life) but I'm guessing I'll have it early next week.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If herb would fall down the screen, it would totally trigger my ocd too, but all I find is a speck, maybe two in about every fifth or so session, nothing a blow in the tube holder couldn't handle. I don't mean to question anyones habits, just want to encourage to give it a try.

Edit: @SquirrelMaster – I'm not sure if you already have them, if not: the Mistvape cup screens should be perfect for you; easy to handle, doesn't really affect the draw or temp, supereven abv and holds the herb securely in its place.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@Siebter
Yeah my experience is the same with a speck or two. I'm just a funny guy that does weird things lol. I have tried it the normal way and it was fine too, just a funny habit I was forming. Question away by all means, I won't take offence. It wouldn't be the first time I did something strange for no apparent reason :lol:.

Here are the pics of the unit taken (mostly) apart.

In the first pic you can see the heater which is attached to the board with a Torx screw and labelled Power on the board.

The second picture shows all the parts but I want to add that there is a clear o-ring that fits into the top metal piece (top right of the picture) so if anyone takes their unit apart make sure you don't lose it as it's easy to miss.

The third picture shows a close up of the board that I think I captured all the writing of. It was tough to have everything visible so I used a flashlight to light it up.

If I had some woodworking experience I would try making an exotic body for fun.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I also disassembled mine for deep cleaning,after discussing the precautions i should take with the maker. He advises agains removing the bottom plates (i did anyway) cause there is a bit of play of aligning the button and the usb port,etc. I can confirm that there was not need to be removed,everything downthere was sqeeky clean.He expressed concern that it is probably the tip of the screw that was realeasing the gun powder smell as it is near the one of the intake holes.Now after i cleaned it, and q-tipped the channel with ethanol the smell is 99% gone,maybe that last 1% is just my sweat making reactions with the aluminum,i couldnt care for it less,now i feel free from it. He also said there are some people that have messed up their units by doing disassembly and rendered them unusable.As for the dirty CUs and stem.
Have you ever poured hot water on a stove ? It forms balls and runs off it. It is similar with oil but since it is more viscous it is to less extent. Anyway dabbers know very well that if you overheat your dabs you not only make them harsh but also make most of them end in the banger joint. Reclaim is much less when temp stepped. When you are blasting the oils with more heat than they need they run from the herb and drip down the screen to your CUs/stems.
My screen is 2.5cm away from the heater ,when it was closer 5.5-5.8 was also my prefered temp now i use 6-6.3

Last edited:

Nano-Doser

Have you guys been completely disassembling the cooling unit every time you clean? Does anyone take off the little orings and just dump the whole unit in iso then rinse?

Nano-Doser,

LabPong

He expressed concern that it is probably the tip of the screw that was realeasing the gun powder smell as it is near the one of the intake holes.Now after i cleaned it, and q-tipped the channel with ethanol the smell is 99% gone

In what part of the vape is this section in....the base part by the USB plug?

Have you guys been completely disassembling the cooling unit every time you clean? Does anyone take off the little orings and just dump the whole unit in iso then rinse?

Sure...you can do that no problem. But by taking the CU apart....you can get it that last little bit cleaned out. I am guessing if you just soak the CU for 30 mins or so.....you can rinse out with really hot water and get it 90 some % cleaned out. Just never soak the o-rings...you can wipe them off with ISO and quick rinse off though no problem.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I simply dump the whole thing (minus the o rings) in a small bag of iso, let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with hot water. I have disassembled the cu several times afterwards to check for dirtyness, but it was always spotless. I'm using 99.9% iso.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Siebter
Yeah my experience is the same with a speck or two. I'm just a funny guy that does weird things lol. I have tried it the normal way and it was fine too, just a funny habit I was forming. Question away by all means, I won't take offence. It wouldn't be the first time I did something strange for no apparent reason :lol:.

In the first pic you can see the heater which is attached to the board with a Torx screw and labelled Power on the board.

The second picture shows all the parts but I want to add that there is a clear o-ring that fits into the top metal piece (top right of the picture) so if anyone takes their unit apart make sure you don't lose it as it's easy to miss.

The third picture shows a close up of the board that I think I captured all the writing of. It was tough to have everything visible so I used a flashlight to light it up.

If I had some woodworking experience I would try making an exotic body for fun.

Thanks for the great break down photos. Amazing little device.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I agree with @Siebter as I just remove the rings and toss the whole unit in iso and agitate, followed by rinsing with hot water and blowing out with compressed air.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

In what part of the vape is this section in....the base part by the USB plug?

Sure...you can do that no problem. But by taking the CU apart....you can get it that last little bit cleaned out. I am guessing if you just soak the CU for 30 mins or so.....you can rinse out with really hot water and get it 90 some % cleaned out. Just never soak the o-rings...you can wipe them off with ISO and quick rinse off though no problem.
The other end ,top panel.The tip on my screw was very dirty and smelly ,i also cleaning inside the thread of the top panel,lot of dirt there too. This and any other cleaning issue has been addressed ,as soon as i expressed my concerns,so units produced after mine make no sense in dissasembling ..If any one wants to remove it ,i suggest making sure you do it without removing the bottom panel.

Abysmal Vapor,

SquirrelMaster

@Abysmal Vapor
I would agree on with you on not needing to remove the bottom plate, it's not necessary as you said. I took mine apart to properly trace for @Alex3oe but I also wanted to see if anything could be done about the light shining through the bottom or the "rattling" fire button. I did nothing for either as I was worried adding material to the button and it getting stuck firing and because I use stealth mode. I do really like how the red light shines up through the glass stem so I may revisit it in the future.

I shot some compressed air through mine after blowing on it and seeing some "dust" come out of the unit but it's been used a fair bit in the last two weeks so I won't say it was left from manufacturing. I've never had any odd tastes from my unit and my initial clean of the metal and glass parts didn't darken my ISO soaked q-tips at all so I probably have a unit after you received yours.

My throat has been sore the last couple days so I haven't been able to enjoy my TM but I'm already missing it.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor
I would agree on with you on not needing to remove the bottom plate, it's not necessary as you said. I took mine apart to properly trace for @Alex3oe but I also wanted to see if anything could be done about the light shining through the bottom or the "rattling" fire button. I did nothing for either as I was worried adding material to the button and it getting stuck firing and because I use stealth mode. I do really like how the red light shines up through the glass stem so I may revisit it in the future.

I shot some compressed air through mine after blowing on it and seeing some "dust" come out of the unit but it's been used a fair bit in the last two weeks so I won't say it was left from manufacturing. I've never had any odd tastes from my unit and my initial clean of the metal and glass parts didn't darken my ISO soaked q-tips at all so I probably have a unit after you received yours.

My throat has been sore the last couple days so I haven't been able to enjoy my TM but I'm already missing it.
Careful with canned air. It has bittering agents because some people seem to try to get high on it + it has grease on the can to protect it from corossion. Better vacuum things than blow with vapes IME.

LabPong

The other end ,top panel.The tip on my screw was very dirty and smelly ,i also cleaning inside the thread of the top panel,lot of dirt there too. This and any other cleaning issue has been addressed ,as soon as i expressed my concerns,so units produced after mine make no sense in dissasembling ..If any one wants to remove it ,i suggest making sure you do it without removing the bottom panel.

I just took the main screw out and left the bottom attached.....then took the top off and ISO'd the crap out of the top piece and screw. I also hit up the little spacer on top the heater, glass insert, and anything else I could q-tip off.

Just tested a quick bowl...........I can tell the difference and now the vapor is a bit better for it. Thanks for that idea and info AV. :tup:

SquirrelMaster

Careful with canned air. It has bittering agents because some people seem to try to get high on it + it has grease on the can to protect it from corossion. Better vacuum things than blow with vapes IME.

I had that though as I went to blow it out so I was holding it at a distance and watching for the spray that sometimes comes out but I didn't see anything. I did another "burn off" just to be safe. I should have just fired up my little compressor I have but that would have woken the whole house lol.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: namasteIII

Abysmal Vapor

I had that though as I went to blow it out so I was holding it at a distance and watching for the spray that sometimes comes out but I didn't see anything. I did another "burn off" just to be safe. I should have just fired up my little compressor I have but that would have woken the whole house lol.
If you wanna do a test,put a white cloth/cotton pad/gauze and blow air trough it then smell the cloth and inspect for coloration.Some brands are shittier than others,but i've had one that smelled like car tyre.

Top Bottom