Time for a new porta-vape. What's good in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydros

Hey guys, finally got round to posting- good to meet you!

So I had an Iolite for a couple of years and it was great, I moved out to Aus for a year and got rid of it as it was on it's way out (wouldn't ignite or heat properly) and I didn't wanna carry it through customs.

Now i'm back home and on the hunt for a new vape, getting fed up with smoking!

I haven't really looked at the vape market for 6 months or so but I'm looking for a replacement portable vape. As much as I loved the Iolite, the electric vapes have come on a lot and i've decided to go down that path n give them a go!

What it everyone using/what would you recommend? I want something with a fairly good battery life, one that's relatively safe (i've heard horror stories of vape batteries exploding) and one that produces a decent thick vapour.

About 6 months ago I was dead set on the Pax Ploom..... is this still a top contender? I'd go dig around the Portable Vaporiser subforum but there are hundreds of pages on each vape, I just want a definitive list of the best of 2013!

My top 3 contenders 6 months ago were

-Pax Ploom
- VaporBlunt 2.0
-Arizer Solo

Are these still the ones to go for? Or are there any on the horizon worth waiting for? :)

Thanks guys!

Hydros,

clouded vision

You will have a better response in the ask FC forum but I'm sure a mod will move this eventually. The pax is over priced for what it is but it does have a ten year warranty (just make sure you buy from an authorized dealer, there are a ton of knockoffs out there now). vaporblunt has put out 2 more models since the 2.0, the pinnacle and the pinnacle pro which both seem to be getting better reviews than their previous products. I personally agree with @smokie though and so will the majority of people that respond, get the solo.

Hydros

Wicked, so the Solo's still killing it. Ohh Pinnacle pro ey? I'll check that out too.

Yeah sorry if this is in the wrong forum :(

I just love the look of the Pax, I like the features it has too. I might struggle finding an authorised dealer in the UK tbh. If I were to buy one on ebay or from a respectable U.S site, would the 10 year warranty still stand do you think?

clouded vision

no, eBay is one of the sources for the knockoffs and I'm not an expert but I believe I read that ploom won't honor the warranty internationally either. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

clouded vision,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
The Ariser Solo's been around for quite a while now.... do you know if they have any plans to release a new one that's maybe slightly smaller/more stealthy?
I emailed Arizer with that question in Sept., no new models coming out. I got mine on EBay- thru EZ VAPES, an authorized Arizer dealer. I've purchased 3 vapes and supplies thru them. No problems!

Hydros

It's a shame. I really like the look of the PVHES High Efficiency Stems, but they don't have any straight ones in stock, and the one supplier I can find in the UK also has none in stock.

Anyone know of any other supplier that delivers to the UK?

Hydros,

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I have two PVHES Stems-turbo--love them! The only stems I use! Highly recommended!

Maine420,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It's a shame. I really like the look of the PVHES High Efficiency Stems, but they don't have any straight ones in stock, and the one supplier I can find in the UK also has none in stock.

Anyone know of any other supplier that delivers to the UK?

It won't be glass, but you could talk to @Ed's TnT; he makes a wooden arizer stem with the same sort of increased airflow as the PVHES

lwien

Lovin' the new Ascent but it doesn't have the track record of the Solo. It kinda stumbled out of the gate, but the one I just got is REALLY nice.

lwien,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

as

I would get a solo or lotus but if i could only have 1 vape it would be the solo

as,

tepictoton

If stealth is not an issue, then yeah, go for the solo. Definately best value for money...

If stealth is an issue then the pinnacle pro might be more what you are looking for.

Both, the solo and pinnacle, can be used with water, only for the solo you need to buy another GonG, with the pinnacle the adaptor is included.

Hydros

Wicked. Thanks guys!

Yes ive heard good things about the ascent.... how does it taste? On par with Solo? Are there any downsides to the ascent anyone's found so far?

Hydros,

tepictoton

Well, I would waith just a tee bit more before jumping onto the ascent...in my opinion it still needs to prove itself, especially in the department of reliability...:2c:

One could argue that the same goes for the pinnacle, but one only needs to go over to their respective threads to see that the pinnacle pro has had a better introduction so to speak as the ascent. Now if it turns out they have polished out all the probs reported with the first batch of ascents then it does become more interesting...

Hehe, welcome to the exponentially growing world of vaporizers:ko:

Will also repeat, in my opinion, the solo still wins it because of the (low) dollar sign attached to it and its track record here. (although, honestly my solo has seen almost no use ever since I got my MiniVap, but the MiniVap is on a whole different price level)

Hydros

Yeah i'm still most impressed by the solo at this stage tbh.

Do you have a turbo stem for it? The turbo is the one with the single big bore hole right? When you buy the turbo, does it include the screens needed for ground herbs? I wanna get a PVHES stem, but im not sure whether to go for the turbo stem or the PVHES straight...

Hydros,

Seren

Away with the fairies
You really can't go wrong with the Solo, IMO. It produces great tasting vapour. The 7 temperature settings help you find your sweet spot in no time at all, whichever herb you're vaporizing. It's not as stealthy as the Pax in terms of size, but the stealth stem and disposable cup set-up (shown in the Solo thread) looks like it should work a treat! :2c: :peace:

weedemon

enthusiast
another vote for the solo. I had a pax and sold it cause it tasted gross and needed a lot of cleaning compared to my other vapes.

I also have both types of PVHES stems. I prefer the standard over the turbo. they both work best with different hitting styles.

the standard is a longer than normal puff puff puff hitting style for best results. with the turbo, i found the best way was one long steady haul, with less pulling force.

if you own a solo though, I say you must get a High efficiency stem, it makes a huge difference and i never looked back once I got mine.

spoutti

+1 for the pv High Efficiency Stem. It really helps get the session done quicker. I like my pvhes, but my new bog oak stem is stealing its place for the big bowls needs. When i have stuff to do daytime, my pvhes shorty bowl is just perfect.

DBA

Hydros I have been looking for a cheap simple vape myself and I have just recently (today!) purchased the Solo, with Ed's Bog Oak stem. Still looking to get a watertool and PVHE GonG and I should be all set for a while! I intend to use the wood travelling purposes and the glassware for at home, maybe at friends. The glass I seem to prone to breaking myself! If I had it already I'd give you more details but.... Not yet it seems! Good luck in your search and decision making.

If you're in europe you can get similar stems to the pvhes at verdampftnochmal.de, they have a carb though (which i find terrible on the gong-stems but actually like it on the regular stem)

hope that helps!

also good choice going with the solo ;)

SoulCaptivesAreFree,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom