This Shit with North Korea is Getting More Than Just a Bit Scary.....

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
And while I am liberal leaning, I think the answer is not seeking "peace talks." Not in this instance. We need to have done something about North Korea fifteen years ago, and now it is past time to decide and ACT....
This is where I am at with it. If you know anything about the DPRK you have to wonder how any humane country would allow them to still exist as a Dictatorship or Supreme Rule. Some may think it is not Americas job to save another country and perhaps it is not, but someone has to stand up for North Koreans that not only have no voice but have no life.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I guess none of you caught MSNBC's Brian Williams slip on the prime time show The 11th Hour, where he states that "our job tonight actually is scare people to death" over North Korea. Nuclear weapons are just a scaled up version of the Boogie Man.

How many of us with opinions on North Korea have ever been there? Do we all see the problem with that? It's hard to have an unbiased opinion without seeing Korea first hand, don't you think? Same with the middle east...

howie105

One of the popular presentations of North Korea is as a client state of China while some folks see it as a military puppet state with its own convenient puppet figurehead. Recent North Korean actions viewed as those of a client state has one set of implications, when viewed as a agent state carrying out its duties the implications are completely different. What do you think folks?

HighSeasSailor

I guess none of you caught MSNBC's Brian Williams slip on the prime time show The 11th Hour, where he states that "our job tonight actually is scare people to death" over North Korea. Nuclear weapons are just a scaled up version of the Boogie Man.

How many of us with opinions on North Korea have ever been there? Do we all see the problem with that? It's hard to have an unbiased opinion without seeing Korea first hand, don't you think? Same with the middle east...

If you don't believe nuclear weapons exist despite the mountains of video, first hand witnesses, active nuclear reactors, physics textbooks, Japanese people who died of radiation sickness after being bombed, the ongoing existence of Chernobyl, Geiger counters that can be bought on amazon and used to personally verify the existence of residual radiation at known test sites, and the fact that neither the USSR or USA called out the other on faking it when doing so would have been the greatest political coup in history, why do you think either North Korea or the Middle East are real places?

It's considerably easier to gain first hand evidence of nuclear weapons than it is to personally verify that North Korea is a real place.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If you don't believe nuclear weapons exist despite the mountains of video, first hand witnesses, active nuclear reactors, physics textbooks, Japanese people who died of radiation sickness after being bombed, the ongoing existence of Chernobyl, Geiger counters that can be bought on amazon and used to personally verify the existence of residual radiation at known test sites, and the fact that neither the USSR or USA called out the other on faking it when doing so would have been the greatest political coup in history, why do you think either North Korea or the Middle East are real places?

It's considerably easier to gain first hand evidence of nuclear weapons than it is to personally verify that North Korea is a real place.

Hey buddy, you are mixing up two entirely different things. Just because I don't believe in nuclear weapons does not mean I do not believe in nuclear energy, which is in essence a glorified steam generator, and was obsolete the day it was created. Thanks Tesla! ;) Chernobyl and Fukishima are examples of real nuclear disasters. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a firebombing, and are thriving as a town today. Plant life started growing back within 30 days at Hiroshima. This is vastly different to the total devastation caused by a real nuclear disaster, such as Chernobyl. The video of nuclear "test footage" are small scale models with no evidence of actually being a nuclear weapon (although the sun could technically be considered one when it supernovas.) You might want to actually refresh your memory with this footage if you haven't watched it recently. If you're a baby boomer, it's going to feel a lot like watching The Wizard of Oz on a 4K 3D TV. Painfully phony...

I'd love to see your first hand evidence of nuclear weapons. They couldn't find any in a decade pillaging the middle east.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: grokit
This is where I am at with it. If you know anything about the DPRK you have to wonder how any humane country would allow them to still exist as a Dictatorship or Supreme Rule. Some may think it is not Americas job to save another country and perhaps it is not, but someone has to stand up for North Koreans that not only have no voice but have no life.
And how can the United States exist? You guys are not the cowboy in the white hat.

lwien

The good news is nuclear weapons do not actually exist,

W4Cc4D3.gif

....you've only said things that are unbelievably ignorant.

Are you pushing someones button in an effort to get this thread shut down 'cause that is what that quote above is. Can't we just discuss without outright calling someone or what they say.........ignorant? Much better to just use a llama/alpaca gif, eh? Kinda accomplishes the same thing, no?

HighSeasSailor

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. A PM would've been a better choice here. Warning point issued.
Hey buddy, you are mixing up two entirely different things. Just because I don't believe in nuclear weapons does not mean I do not believe in nuclear energy, which is in essence a glorified steam generator, and was obsolete the day it was created. Thanks Tesla! ;) Chernobyl and Fukishima are examples of real nuclear disasters. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a firebombing, and are thriving as a town today. Plant life started growing back within 30 days at Hiroshima. This is vastly different to the total devastation caused by a real nuclear disaster, such as Chernobyl. The video of nuclear "test footage" are small scale models with no evidence of actually being a nuclear weapon (although the sun could technically be considered one when it supernovas.) You might want to actually refresh your memory with this footage if you haven't watched it recently. If you're a baby boomer, it's going to feel a lot like watching The Wizard of Oz on a 4K 3D TV. Painfully phony...

I'd love to see your first hand evidence of nuclear weapons. They couldn't find any in a decade pillaging the middle east.

Oh, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just curious how you manage to balance the books on this one. You notably didn't answer my question.

I also sort of doubt you'd tell the people of Nagasaki to their faces that they got radiation sickness from firebombs, but what do I know? Maybe you would. That seems notably shitty to me, but that's on you.

Are you pushing someones button in an effort to get this thread shut down 'cause that is what that quote above is. Can't we just discuss without outright calling someone or what they say.........ignorant? Much better to just use a llama/alpaca gif, eh? Kinda accomplishes the same thing, no?

I once asked you to not contact me further because it's always negative and you creep me the fuck out since you tried talking to me like I'm your child.

That obviously didn't cut it, so here's a gif of a dog using a cat's litterbox. It means "please stop fucking responding to me Iwien, I don't like you and I can tell the feeling is mutual, so just put me on ignore and forget I exist. Please."

anigif_enhanced-31040-1402431173-1.gif

HighSeasSailor,

HD Springer

Oh, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just curious how you manage to balance the books on this one. You notably didn't answer my question.

I also sort of doubt you'd tell the people of Nagasaki to their faces that they got radiation sickness from firebombs, but what do I know? Maybe you would. That seems notably shitty to me, but that's on you.

I once asked you to not contact me further because it's always negative and you creep me the fuck out since you tried talking to me like I'm your child.

That obviously didn't cut it, so here's a gif of a dog using a cat's litterbox. It means "please stop fucking responding to me Iwien, I don't like you and I can tell the feeling is mutual, so just put me on ignore and forget I exist. Please."

anigif_enhanced-31040-1402431173-1.gif

One thing that's a little ironic is the fact that he's the one that started the thread that you asked him not to respond to.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
How about we treat others with respect around here. I think we are grown ups, right? That video is bullying IMO the way it's intended.

I hope we can have a civil discussion among adults. I think most of us want the same things in life.

I feel sorry for the N Korean people having a crazy, unbalanced, dictator as their leader. I also don't agree with taking medicine and food away from people. Kim won't go without medicine and food.

Cannabis is actually legal in North Korea. It grows wild, I'm assuming it's hemp.

I had a hard time sleeping last night, all this talk of nukes gives me anxiety. I think it helps for people to talk about it. Let's try to keep this thread open.:)

Last edited:
How about we treat others with respect around here.
Agreed
I had a hard time sleeping last night, all this talk of nukes gives me anxiety. I think it helps for people to talk about it. Let's try to keep this thread open
Try some decaf mint tea

Not going to go into the political discussion here, but hopefully nothing stupid happens and I hope there isn't another war.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
You guys are not the cowboy in the white hat.

More like the man in black lurking in the shadows, waiting to shoot you in the back & rifle through your pockets at an opportune moment.

I feel for the North Korean people as the economic sanctions the US impose on countries they don't like hurts the poorest the hardest whilst the real shot callers still sip champagne cocktails & eat steak every fucking night. Be it Iraq, Libya, Venezuela or countless other countries driven to economic ruin just because they won't tie their currency to the greenback it all creates a global anti US sentiment even amongst the strongest allies.

The genuinely scary part is it is abundantly clear that both Drumpf & Kim don't care to understand the gravity of the current predicament. This is not a fucking game & if allies get attacked it is not a fucking business write down for next years tax return.

What a fucked up planet we live on, or is that a flat earth? Kill me now.

Tranquility

While it is rather interesting to discuss the US as "The World's Policeman" (Reg. US pat off) and how that is a good or bad thing either taking into consideration the plight of the North Koreans or no, the situation now is not that.

While no one has called it a "red line", there seems to be a common thread in the belief of the US powers that be for decades that it is incompatible with US interests to protect the homeland to allow North Korea to gain the ability to strike it with nuclear weapons. Since the North Korean government has made recent strides in both miniaturization and delivery of a nuclear device to the point where they would have the capability to strike in less than a year or two. (At least from public releases of estimates.) This is not being thought of as a World's Policeman issue, but a self-defense issue.

That patience has ended has little to do with Trump but on conditions everyone knew were coming but didn't want to deal with. I suspect even on all the nights she dreams of things that might have been, Hillary is very happy she fell short of the mark when it comes to thinking of North Korea. Bad things are going to happen as it seems Kim is not going to change course and I don't think this a game of chicken where wild-man Trump is steering on a whim, but driving on a decision that was made long ago by strategic thinkers and re-stated with regularity by all in the administration.

Compare and contrast:
‘I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.’
-----
"The DPRK must choose to stop isolating itself and stand down its pursuit of nuclear weapons," Mattis said. "The DPRK should cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people."
The only thing that makes me think things are not imminent (days/weeks rather than months) is that dependents are not being evacuated from the peninsula, Japan or Guam--yet.

Tranquility,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I'm fine with you going and checking it out on our behalf. Good luck getting out, though!

Chernobyl and Fukishima are examples of real nuclear disasters. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a firebombing, and are thriving as a town today. Plant life started growing back within 30 days at Hiroshima. This is vastly different to the total devastation caused by a real nuclear disaster, such as Chernobyl.

How were your trips to Japan and Russia? Shouldn't we hold opinions about those places to the same standard you lay down for North Korea?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How were your trips to Japan and Russia? Shouldn't we hold opinions about those places to the same standard you lay down for North Korea?

Absolutely. There is ALWAYS two sides to every story, especially if we get our outside info from propaganda outlets marketed as "news." Never having been to those countries, I know my perspective on them is mostly that of media bias, and not first hand experience, thus skewed. The difference is I am honest enough to admit so. That's called rationality.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I don't want the proliferation of nuclear weapons, but I can understand why N. Korea and Iran want them. Their enemies all have nuclear weapons, and Iran and N. Korea want to be in a position of "Mutually Assured Destruction" - the same reason everyone else has them. Not that this is good for the world: the more weapons there are, the more likely someone will use them. I believe they want nuclear weapons to protect themselves. I don't understand how the US can dictate to others while having thousands of warheads ourselves. "We can have them, but not you."

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Kim saw what happened to Saddam Hussein and Muammer Gaddafi after their country's were taken over. He doesn't want that to happen to him. Plus on top of everything else he's unbalanced mentally it looks like.

Baron23

The current situation lies firmly at the feet of past administrations, both Democrat and Republican, who failed to muster the will to confront N. Korea in the past, when their nuclear program was still in development.

That's it, folks.

Now, if you wish to argue...as some do...that the USA and rest of the known civilized world should tolerate N. Korea and their homicidal, whack job dictator, having nuclear arms and ICBMs to delivery them, then I think you have very muddled thinking....if it can be called thinking at all.

Cheers and flame on

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I just don't see how one can call N. Korea a violent homicidal country when the United States military has statistically bombed way more people than North Korea ever did. Baron as a USAF pilot you might have even dropped a few payloads yourself on some foreign countries? No?

It's normal to feel uncomfortable with threats of war and missile launches, but to be fair, I sincerely doubt our countries threats of war and missile test launches are anymore welcome in this world! I really don't believe anybody wants to hear about missiles launching at them. Psychological warfare is as destructive as physical warfare.

Baron23

N. Korea a violent homicidal country

their homicidal, whack job dictator

Well, in addition to muddling thinking, this issue also apparently as the ability to undermine reading comprehension (just pulling your chain, mate....but please don't put words in my mouth :rockon:)

Oh, and let me add that in addition to responsibility laying at the feet of the past 3 - 4 administrations, a great deal of responsibility for this also lies with China who, for the first time EVER, supported a UN Security Council (the one where any standing member has a veto) resolution sanctioning N. Korea. Now they have a nuc armed maniac on their border. Nice, huh?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well, in addition to muddling thinking, this issue also apparently as the ability to undermine reading comprehension (just pulling your chain, mate....but please don't put words in my mouth :rockon:)

Sorry sir, I really don't mean to twist your words.

should tolerate N. Korea and their homicidal, whack job dictator,

It's just that in the literal sense, your reference of North Korea (the country) and the dictator changed the comprehension to intend more than Kim Jong. As far as I understand from your clarifications, your issue is just with Kim, and not actually North Korea? :cheers:

invertedisdead,

Baron23

As far as I understand from your clarifications, your issue is just with Kim, and not actually North Korea?

Now, now....let's not be intentionally dense just to score a point.

I'm out of here, guys. Going to eat steamed crabs on MD's eastern shore.

This thread (so far) is way better than the Presidential election thread in that we have managed to stay pretty dang polite which is the way to be on FC. :tup::clap:

Top Bottom