Things that harsh your buzz.

jimbo

winterize
WatTyler said:
jimbo said:
Jehovah's....pounding on the door
I've had great fun with those guys when vaped- I can be well up for debating, not always along the most logical or intuitive lines, but entertaining for myself nevertheless. Trouble is now I get a regular knock at the door (which I avoid/ignore if I'm not stoned) and Awake! and the Watchtower posted through every month, along with various bible study booklets. They're working on getting me. Lesson learned.

(and believe it or not I live in the middle of nowhere in an isolated glen nearly an hours driving away from any shops. Nowhere is safe.)

Now that I think about it I made the same mistake last summer of engaging in a religious debate with two Jehovah's (while enjoying a few pints) and now every couple of months they show up :( A couple of days ago they were at the door again (I was peeking out the window all stealthy and saw the suits) so I just cranked the stereo up and ignored the door :lol:

jimbo,

Carbon

Uncomfortable furniture, stuffy rooms, will add to this list as I think of things

Carbon,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Trouble is now I get a regular knock at the door (which I avoid/ignore if I'm not stoned) and Awake! and the Watchtower posted through every month, along with various bible study booklets. They're working on getting at me.

Back in my 20's, I lived in a house with a few guys. There was a Jehovah's Wiitness that used to come regularly. I couldn't be mean to her. One day, she happened to come when one of the guys was there. He answered the door and talked to her for about 15 minutes, charming and polite. Then, she asked him to praise Jesus with her. He looked at her and said, "Hell yeah, I'll praise him. I praise the hell out of that motherfucker every day!" I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. She never came back. :lol:

My biggest buzz kill is people who call to bitch, then tell you they don't have time to talk as soon as you comment. What the hell...you called me! The other would be people who come over unannounced; especially the ones that don't know I imbibe. Hate having to scramble to put everything away and worry about spraying shit to cover any smell since it's inevitably the one time you didn't light a candle.

momofthegoons,

lwien

tdavie said:
Getting nice and vaked/baked, turning on a cable news channel expecting to see some world news, perhaps something about the reactors in Japan, or maybe Misrata or remains of a new Roman amphitheatre is discovered, but nooooooooo what do I get for hours on end?

Some crap about the royal wedding???? Personally, as a Canadian, and someone who believes in total repatriation of our constitution). It really pisses me the fuck off to have a monarch. I am embarrassed by this.

Tom

I have a different take on this. After watching all the hell that happened in Japan, and now all the destruction and sadness that is happening with the tornado's in our southern states along with all the crap that is happening in the Middle East and in Northern Africa combined with all of the world economic woes and with all the crap that is slung around here between Dems and Repubs, it's really refreshing to see a country come together to celebrate something joyous. One just has to look at the faces and hear from the children that were there during this ceremony to come away with the thought that the world really needs to have more of this..........not less and by more, I mean more celebration of life and happiness rather than constantly being bombarded with all of the woes of the world. It was a nice respite.

No one can do pomp like the Brits. So from one Yankee across the pond............ /salute.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
About 25 years ago I bought a used stereo system from my then girlfriend's brother who was moving to Brazil. I bought it sight unseen, it was a ridiculously good price for the components. He was leaving that night and i was working at desk job so I gave a friend the money and asked him if he would pick it up for me. He did. He drove it over and said, personally i would not have bought this stereo - the guy was very unsanitary but you asked me to do it so i did it. We carried the components up to my apartment and i forgot about it for a few days, as another friend was coming over that weekend to help me hook it up. Initially impressed, on that Saturday that friend turned on the receiver and we watched a cockroach move from one end of the tuner dial to the next. Turns out the components were infested with cockroaches. I poured the contents of roach kill powder in a pile on the floor and opened the back of the components and aimed them toward the powder in a circle. I reasoned that the cockroaches would march out of the stereo and die as they walked into the poison. Didn't happen.
Within a half hour my then apartment was moving black dots - the apartment was suddenly infested with cockroaches like you would not believe.
And these seemed to be a different breed of cockroaches, slower, less intimidated - they had different shaped asses.
We went to the hardware store and explained the situation and I was sold two cans of poison gas. We had to cover everything but I'm sure I did a slipshod job.
I released the poison and we went out for the night. A very long night figuring we should not come back til about 5am just to make sure, because of the poison.
For the most part the poison did the trick - but then the vacuuming of the several hundred roach corpses began.
What a major buzzkill and this was of course before audiogon.

Audiophile_02.jpg

jeffp,
Reactions: kelper

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Splinters. I just got one in my index finger while I was sitting on my front porch.

Vicki,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
parental interactions...getting left out from a get together or party, exams, police, spilling/dropping/breaking shit when your high...got water in a grinder with the last of my weed once, sucked it up anyway and threw it on the heating element of my VB, i am sure this is what caused it to crack and break a few months later

PhishCactus,

Purple-Days

Telephone sales calls. Specially the ones that ask, "Is Lee there?" . . . "No, you have the wrong number." . . . "Well, sir the reason I am calling . . ." . . . bullshit bothers me.

Waking in the morning and remembering you left the xyz on overnight... or similar. My own stupidity I suppose you could call that.

Finding a battery operated device that needs charging (ditto).

Waking before dawn.

Oh... these are just things that bug me...

Harsh my buzz, ' like, lookin' in my mirror and seeing a police car' :cool:

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

my tobacco-addicted friend
imagine you're in rome and you're a non-smoker, you just walked a nice distance, you sit down in a nice place, it's nice and sunny and you're enjoying it(sober)
then suddenly a nasty smell reaches your nose, you turn to your friend who's sitting next to you, and indeed, just as you thought he lit a cig and doesn't even bother to blow the smoke away from you

also the smoke he blows out and the smoke coming fro his lit cog always seems to magicalle float in my dorection, even if I stand up and sit on his other side so the smoke will blow away from me it will still come in my direction
and literally every church, museum other building we entered in rome he said 'mag je hier roken?' (is smoking allowed here?)
and eventough he knows I don't smoke tobacco and don't ike it he still constantly tals about it to me('you know what I want? a cig' 'you know whay would be nice now? smoking' '[fill in tobacco brand] is delicious')
it's okay if he s,okes but don't constantly bpther me with it
and the annoying thing is that he almost always formulates it as a question, meaning that he won't stop tapping on my shoulder or repeating the question untill I ask what he has to say

almost all my friends smoke, but all the others don't boher me with it, they just smoke their cigs and blow the smoke away from me and I just ignore the smell, but this friend also smokes a lot and he just acts like a junk often(he also has the habit of asking to pass the joint when you haven't even lit it yet but are moving the flame towards the end)

djonkoman,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
I'll answer this one for hubby first "Getting baked in my girlfriends bedroom, and then thirty seconds later being called downstairs by my future father inlaw to build a garage/fix a roof/ put in windows/chop wood/ dig ditches"

my dad had this uncanny timing when it came to calling him (and whichever other of my friends was there at the time) down to work.

mine is... just when you thought the kids were down for the night, one of them cries. buzzkill, yes, but also one of the incredible adaptogenic qualities of our friend cannabis.

herbgirl,

Nycdeisel

tobacco really bothers me as well, as well as people wanting me to do things or help them with things while I am trying to relax!

if theres one, its friends who INSIST on smoking. then I have to try and be slick, "but....... the vaporizer's right here! :p:rolleyes: :cool: "

Nycdeisel,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Accidentally answering a phone call from your boss, informing you that you are late for work and making you realize 1) it is not really Saturday 2) you accidentally forgot to set your alarm clock and slept in 3) you shouldn't have eaten that edible and vaped all morning 4) you shouldn't have picked up the phone :D

This thread is funny (although the one about peeing all over he toilet seat is not funny if it has actually happened to you) :p

Seriously though, it would have to be the soooo-hungry/thirsty-but-so-full phenomenon. ;)

Progress,

Purple-Days

Wait, so you guys are sayin' the Jehovah's keep score, a data base ? No wonder they have never bothered me again... just kidding... :cool:

Oh, I've answered calls . . . :uhoh:

+++

Anti tobacco here. :science:

Purple-Days,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
This is off topic since it is not about harshing a buzz, but about the JW's. My ex used to have Bible study with the JW's twice a week (at her house, and seemingly more often when I was on holidays). Being sorta polite, I always retired myself upstairs to play video games and vape and/or smoke. If the Bible study was on holidays or on the weekend, I would usually wander downstairs to go get a beer. I ordered pizza once, but the study never happened that time :(

Ok, what is an obligatory 'that really harshes my buzz'?

You've taken your motorhome out for the first time, driven 300 miles without killing anyone, getting in trouble or having mechanical problems and you stop for the night. Pulling into your spot, you don't even hook up the electrical or water, you smoke a joint and crack a beer. You step outside to hook everything up and see the OPP. Almost piss yourself. Gone from high as a kite to a scared kid in seconds. Turns out they were checking out reports of multiple brown/black bears in the area.

Tom

tdavie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: The OPP are a pretty intimidating bunch. I'd have to agree that the sight of one of them would definitely harsh my buzz. Customs officers would be my next pick. Coming over from Canada to Detroit, the customs people can really put you through the paces if they think you might have something in the car. I've had them tear the back seat of my car out. Mind you, that was a few years back and I looked a little more sketch then.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Purple-Days said:
Wait, so you guys are sayin' the Jehovah's keep score, a data base ? No wonder they have never bothered me again... just kidding... :cool:

They don't keep score. They have territory maps, and if a person says not to come back, they make note of that.

Vicki,

jimbo

winterize
Today I was packing the SV with meds and flipped it over to heat and
forgot to put the screen in, all the herb landed at my feet :uhoh: Definite
'harsh your buzz' moment :lol:

jimbo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
jimbo said:
Today I was packing the SV with meds and flipped it over to heat and
forgot to put the screen in, all the herb landed at my feet :uhoh: Definite
'harsh your buzz' moment :lol:

Be grateful you already had a buzz to harsh, then.

True story. Today around here (Toronto area) police are pretty tolerant but this happened at a party back in the 70s:

Me (passing joint): Pass it along.
Him: No thanks.
Me: Why, are you a cop hahaha?
Him: Yes. (pulls out badge)

You never saw so many buzzes harshed at once. Turns out he was cool with the smoking, he just wouldn't partake.

I have a question for jeffp. You never hear a term all your life and then you hear twice in less than two hours. So what I want to know is, where did you get the expression "harsh your buzz"?

pakalolo,

LivingInSpin

Another thing that harshes the buzz is visitors that don't call ahead of time. Knocking on my door when I'm not expecting a knock, especially if you aren't a good friend, is not nice. :mad:

LivingInSpin,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Drunk girls that can't hold themselves up, luckily weed doesn't affect motor control so I always feel on top of these situations :) :D

Elluzion,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Breakin glass. I remember I bought an inline bubbler from grasscity once, and the first day I had it it broke. Next time I went with some nice American glass, not that chinese shit.

Turning on cops expecting to see a meth lab being busted but instead seeing cops entrapping poor single mothers by selling them fake marijuana. I don't blame the cops but rather the bullshit laws we have and the fact that most of these guys have a quota they need to make.

People who try vaping once and say, "nah smoking is better". That pisses me off too.

I need to find a way to isolate myself from society for a couple hours so I can have some time when my buzz isn't harshed.

wowthisisrandom,

scottio19

scotty
being out of dank :/

and not having a bag or bong vape that can get me thoroughly vaked. im stuck with these bitchass box vapes i got used off ebay for 20 bucks a pop and a LB (theyre nice vapes in reality but do not get me hella lit fast enough and when i start to get buzzed i forget to keep hitting them)

...not to mention spilling a whipful of half baked bud all over your counter :ko:

scottio19,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
People that get in the 20 item or less lane with a whole cart of groceries. It happened at Walmart yesterday, and I just had to say something as I went by them. "Gee, I could have sworn the 20 item or less lane was meant for 20 items or less, not 50."

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Or how about the ones who impatiently wait, tapping their foot and shooting you looks as you unload your groceries, then ask if they can go ahead of you? Like their time is more important than yours. I will usually let someone with one or two items ahead of me, but I at least like it to be my idea. :/

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
momofthegoons said:
Or how about the ones who impatiently wait, tapping their foot and shooting you looks as you unload your groceries, then ask if they can go ahead of you? Like their time is more important than yours. I will usually let someone with one or two items ahead of me, but I at least like it to be my idea. :/

Definitely. People can be so rude.

Vicki,
Top Bottom