Discontinued ThermoVape

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
t-dub said:
theVaporSpot said:
Is it possible you guys could also take off the blinders a bit and step back and look at your evaluations the same way I have offered to? I realize you dropped 200 on it, but what others can you compare it to..can you use your words to describe the flavor differences..Hell, do you have any flavor differences?
Trying to malign our experience won't win you any friends here.
theVaporSpot said:
Just not for my clientele... so far...i'll let you know if it starts being wonderful...
Great. Lets all move forward with even handed, objectivity in mind then.

Stu said:
Opinions differ. That doesn't mean we can't get along and engage in a civil debate about these issues that could help inform decisions for others down the road.
Yes, absolutely. Lets move forward.

Edit: Spelling.

I agree with you again t-dub. I am all about giving a reviewer or other members multiple chances to decide if a device is right for themselves. Imagine if Edison gave up before he completed so many inventions that changed our lives... :uhoh:

The main point is everyone should decide for themselves. When a so called expert opines and decides for a larger group, (and in this case he is deciding for his clientele) there can be a problem of objectivity. I would not be surprised if VS receives MANY special orders for the Thermovape and after he sees the consensus that other people think it works for them he might be surprised. That is a win/win situation for everyone I suppose.

VS- I just wanted to say that there are no daggers coming from me, but I have been a part of this community for going on 2 years and we are the true experts. All of this debate on all of these threads are an undeniable resource for vaporists experienced or otherwise. :2c:

:peace:

Bluntcrush,

Stone__Man

well well look what we have here, reading the last three pages of this thread have THRILLED me, I was actually quite bummed out till I read the posts.

some may be aware, I have shared my views on the tvs cat and his reviews in the AR thread. I may have been in little harsh in my language. BUT... there is always but right?

first things first, I had interest in both the TV and AR. following the threads. everything is in both thread, questions, answers , some, pics, personal vids. all is cool ......
then this cat comes in here and posts up link to his utubby vid. excited for more info on the AR as there was (and still is ) so little info on it..... I watched it and was like man this is a bummer this guy that owns a vapor related business surely will, well know his shit.

came back to forum and watched everyone's smiles turn upside down in the tread, talk about Billy-Bob Buzzkill :rolleyes:

I get to things at times in a round about way at times when writing sorry folks...

after seeing folks all bummed, cause the so called consolation of the AR. I went back and watched it again.
and having no particular knowledge about it or its workings I wanted to see how he used it . and the long and short of it all is this.

The first thing that got me to scratching my head is why this "professional" businessman would be down right rude , condescending, making fun of people of this forum and even snickering about. THAT... now that shit boils my blood, sorry I can not stand anyone that perceives themselves ABOVE others. and the fact he had the gull to do this in a REVIEW? there is absolutely NO room for ANY such dumbass shit like that in a review of a product. PERIOD and I still feel EXACTLY the same as I have all along. I TAKE GREAT EXCEPTION to your behavior and ELITIST AIRE . and since it left such as nasty fucking taste in my mouth I (very much like my purchasing research) started to RE evaluate and took ALL things related to him into account. I am getting everything laid out and will try to present my take on things in a clear and concise manner. and when I have finished it I will post it in this thread as well as the other.

I wont go in to anymore of it now, but I think you all just my be a bit surprised at what you read. I was the kind in school that always looked out for the timid and weak and/or unpopular kids. I don't know why its just the way I am, I guess it may stem from growing up so poor. I detest and hold great distain to any and all that feel and act that they are superior.

two members of this forum share their personal vids of the AR, for who ? for US, no agenda , nothing . and the businessman is gonna do that. frankly I cannot take that lying down.

its gonna get interesting up in here , today or tomorrow I will finish.

there are just TOO many points of contention with him and his vids. and still feel there is more to this/him that meets the eye.

I have apologized(in AR thread) for my brash words, I truly am sorry, lack of judgement on my part. So I will try to say what I have to and be civilized.

so many questions, I had in my mind, still do. but I feel I pretty much got this nailed down. get ready.

Stone__Man out :peace:

oh lol dang I almost forgot .... to the TV crew... is there ANY chance this TV1 can operate with different batteries? I know that may seem a strange question. this one set of batteries for ONE bowl is just such a killer to me . are there no options of battery that could last longer? I keep picturing a delrin sleeve that goes inside the metal and batteries inside that ... the AR battery life is one of the main reasons I had interest in it. I cant' tell you how many times I've thought, I wish I could use the AR kind of battery in the TV. I would be stoked, as a portable I personally don't wanna fiddle fart with a big bunch of batteries, and that is what it will take me to use it on camping trips. even alone the TV will only last for 3 bowl (2 bats per bowl) .... how did you come about to determine this battery would be the best when a set only last one bowl? I fail to see how a one bowl battery set up is portable. to me anything that has batteries that you take along where there are not plugs batteries should last as long as possible.

lol I thought I was done but seen more posts have been made. It's :lol::lol::lol::lol: how you seem different now tvs guy. what comes around goes around and you about to get yours buddy, in the AR thread. You are Transparent to me, I think I got your number. I thought I did before but fairly certain... EXPERT you can't be serious. I know an old wino he is an EXPERT in wine, and he NEVER ONCE made me feel like I was stupid, even though regarding WINE knowledge I was and still am. He is a wonderful human being full of life, understand and compassion. where to you learn your tact pray tell? what you are is a pretentious self important elitist.

why don't you see if you can SQUEEZE your business name in like 100 more fucking times? THAT is why you are here. P E R I O D.. I said it from the get go.

folks seemed to bring up to me "well he is nice in all his posts" what on earth could be wrong with me?

go ahead everyone look at all his post, 95 % of them are self promotion.

this is just the tip of this iceberg. you bring your life jacket with you tvs guy? cause your dingy is about to go down.

Modnote: You need to review the forum rules. Flaming is not allowed.

Stone__Man,

wthanna

Stone_Man you have been on this forum for a week. A great deal of your posts have turned into personal attacks. You are skating on thin ice, so to speak. I would personally suggest that you spend more time reading and less time on the attack or you will find your experience here to be quite short. You are contributing very little "meat" to the threads you are posting in.

wthanna,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
As well, it didn't sit well with me that TVS is belittling the FC forum community (AS A WHOLE), and yet, can't even use a vaporizer right? Expert? I think the big joke - is on him.

Maybe, just laugh it all off...

Anyhow, Stone__Man, the TV is a fine device, and the battery life is short - you will have to learn how to handle it. It's not hard. If you put good stuff in, good stuff will come out. It takes a little learning, but so far - I believe the batteries provide enough.

If you really needed power for this, it's worth waiting for the Power adapter, but don't let that stop you evaluating/buying it. The ThermoVape is a high-tec, well thought out medical grade device that is nearly indestructible.

If you are seeking more vapor/use/batteries on the go, maybe look into the Vapir No2, Solo, or even VaporBlunt. I haven't tried those (other than the NO2 briefly), but I think with a little research you'd be able to tell if it might be what you are looking for. There's like fifty million vaporizers on this forum, lots to read!

And who knows, maybe you can stop by a Vapor Bar (anyone know a good one?) and test out some devices in real life.

sessnet,

OF

Bluntcrush said:
VS- I just wanted to say that there are no daggers coming from me, but I have been a part of this community for going on 2 years and we are the true experts.

Sorry to disagree with the idea, but IMO outside the churches there are no true experts. Since there are so many religions around you can also assume I think that at least some of them don't qualify either. There are experts at many levels, each 'true' to their perspective perhaps. Unless VS has a huge con going on, he deals with a goodly number of folks with common goals that seem similar but not matching all ours? Unless he's lying and all those groups who we otherwise trust don't contract with him due to his expertise in the area he seems to be justified in his view, clearly they consider him expert enough for their members? Saying 'I'm an expert in the area' is a dangerous thing to do as it infers that the other fellow is ignorant, not always the case.

Without God to back you up, I'm not sure how anybody can claim to have the secret of life on their side. We have to consider they see it that way, though.

And on top of that, some guys even like warm beer and fat women? It's a world gone crazy.

wthanna said:
Stone_Man you have been on this forum for a week. A great deal of your posts have turned into personal attacks. You are skating on thin ice, so to speak. I would personally suggest that you spend more time reading and less time on the attack or you will find your experience here to be quite short. You are contributing very little "meat" to the threads you are posting in.

Sage advice, IMO. And a useful clue......

Thanks for putting it so bluntly and clear. I thought (based on an earlier post elsewhere) he was working on that, but that may have changed.

OF

OF,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
I think I'll take the "high" road here and stay silent. The community seems to have gotten the POV of my video and that its intent was a good-natured "heads up", as was the one for the Atmos Raw. Thanks to those that supported and defended, but my future posts will just post to my youtube channel. You guys are exhausting! I mean, dude called me a RAT! I'll obviously continue to refine my video reviews based off this feedback(0bviously my criteria, lighting, and tone could use help..haha), "but you can't please all the people all the time"...nuff said.. I've moved on to the next day, and suggest you do too...

theVaporSpot,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
A note on battery life from little old me: I just vaped a big bowl then switched out to the E-cig liquid adapter and I am puffing away happily (on the same batts! :o ) I am a three time a day portable user who also gets into my glass just for the sake of enjoyment most evenings at home with the wife. But my original point here :p was that TV said that you would get a couple to 300 puffs off of the batts for the e-cig. Once again I am finding that this works for my needs very well. It comes with a full day's (for me) supply of batts and I can also puff my juices with all the residual power!!!

Now that seems like a pretty bright side to me on battery life!!! Happy Friday friends!!!

Bluntcrush,

OF

theVaporSpot said:
You guys are exhausting! I mean, dude called me a RAT! I'll obviously continue to refine my video reviews based off this feedback(0bviously my criteria, lighting, and tone could use help..haha), "but you can't please all the people all the time"...nuff said.. I've moved on to the next day, and suggest you do too...

Hey, not only a rat, but a stinky one! Now you may well be a rat, but how in the world did he determine how you smelled over this here internet? Looks like Al Gore put features in most of us don't know about.....

Thanks very much for your contributions, I hope you don't sour on this and withdraw as I'm convinced you have a lot to offer. You see things differently than we do, we need to accept that and not assume things.

As for 'being all things to all people', I fully agree. It's precisely that that destroyed my love life.....

Please speak your mind here, your opinions are respected and valued by many and IMO useful if we are only smart (or mature?) enough to take advantage. Sadly FC has a history of abusing business types (makers and merchants) with what are IMO sometimes childish, self serving behavior on the part of a few. Seems to be getting pretty common these days. We did it twice to Iolite, and somehow seem to have repeated it with PD. It's important to have your perspective too if we want the 'big picture', we may not actually know it all....yet.

OF

OF,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I for one would like to know to whom VS is referring to with the comment "I am an expert, I have tried more vapes than you - IO and MFLB only!)?

What the heck happened to FC? Half of this forum discussion is arguing with each other, wtf is up with that. We as vaporists come to this site to learn from each other, to research other peoples experiences with devices were interested in. Hearing and sharing techniques with each other and offering knowledge as each of us play with our new toys.

The only thing that I disagree with VS about is writing a device off as missing the mark with minimal trial and error. I personally have had days with vapes that I want to throw threw a window and then the next day I learn the technique and all of a sudden its my go to device. Now VS, I will say throwing yourself out there as being more knowledgeable or an expert above anyone here is foolish. You have no clue what equiptment some have tried or own - not everyone feels the need to list every fucking device they own. In fact, up until recently you couldnt fit all your devices in your profile setup.

Now, to reiderate - I like your lounge, I would love to see it someday - I respect your opinion but not writing off devices before mastering it.

Now, lets stop picking at each other and get back to whats important here - CLOUDS muthafukkas!!!!

mvapes,

Stone__Man

@sessnet thx for reply ;)

I don't know what it is about your name man but when i look at it the s's sorta blur my eyes lol . I look at it and look again and ask myself how many s's is that again. :o :lol:

its not a PA I am wanting. I know this may sound odd but I really don't have a use for such. I don't partake in my house out of respect for the rest of my family. I just go out on porch, do my thing and come back inside.

I was blinded, no that's not the right word, um... hell with it i can't think of the right word. But I didn't realize how much I was stinking up the joint (cigs I should make clear) its amazing how much more I could smell. my nose now is very sensitive to smoke, ick lol

where was i going with this ... ? oh smoke (herb) too is quite stinky I'm told (wife never misses a change to say go spray your self with something u smell like a skunk lol DOH! I have always LOVED the smell of herbs, in the bag, jar, smoking whatever. love :p

bats, if it weren't for that I would have had one already.

@PB888 ? sorry if name is wrong man, but I really liked your vid, I could actually see it, don't mind whats his name with his amateur remark, u did a fine job, spoke clearly, vid was clear well lit. I'm happy bro ;) . one question is that the kind of spoon I think it is? :cool: do u use it to know the portion size? for tht reason it seems a very good idea, maybe I can't start rationing a bit in my usage. and there is one of my main reasons to look into get a vap. I have no Idea of the validity of them , but see many claims that say using vap u can get at LEAST twice as much outta your stash. do u or anyone know if that is a fact?

reason I ask that is I can't wrap my head around it. does smoking herb not release everything? again it makes my head spin lol if its the same product how can it last longer, and get more medicated on less of it , isn't it the same ? I was almost afraid to ask this, I feel stupid lol :/ but fuk it , folks already think I'm a heel, so may as well be a dumb heel lol

@OF VERY much enjoyed the Al Gore line , an instant classic LMAO

one q of u if I may? I am familiar with the name iolite but what i s a PD? SOOO many friggin' acronyms in this place :uhoh: they should have a STICKY of them :D . its akin to trying to deciphering periodic tables :lol:

Stone__Man,

weedemon

enthusiast
Stone__Man said:
one q of u if I may? I am familiar with the name iolite but what i s a PD? SOOO many friggin' acronyms in this place :uhoh: they should have a STICKY of them :D . its akin to trying to deciphering periodic tables :lol:

Pd = Purple days,

and we do have an abbreviations thread explaining it all, but I can't find it anymore ! :(

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
PD = purple days,a log vaporizer - which f*cked over its users a month ago, by quitting their "job" and nulling everyone's lifetime warranty!

There are other good log vapes, but not many portable ones.

From what I understood years ago (HIGH TIMES ARTICLE?)- smoking (combustion) only releases about 10-30% of the THC, the rest is DESTROYED in the burning process. Using a bong is the best (30%), a blunt being the worst offender (10%).

With a vaporizer the % of THC released is much higher - like 80-890% My numbers may be way off since this is just going off memory, and a bad one at that.

However - I just learned vaporizing doesn't release ALL the chemicals, especially ones that are released during combustion.

So, some people can use less (vaporize only 1/5th as much product!), but people that are used to the other chemicals that get combusted, might feel like they need more vapor to get them "there". Or maybe even feel like the vapor isn't doing it's job.

If anyone has better info, or you find it, let me know, it's an interesting topic.

sessnet,

OF

Stone__Man said:
@OF VERY much enjoyed the Al Gore line , an instant classic LMAO

one q of u if I may? I am familiar with the name iolite but what i s a PD?

Glad your getting a giggle out of all this BS, about time someone did......

PD is Purple Days, a log vape with a 'cult following' of sorts here. Second biggest thread I think. The owners just 'pulled the plug', shutting down the company and closing contact with all of us over what seems at least in part to be the same BS. It's near the top of the list, over 10,000 posts, second only to MFLB (with 15,000):
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48

Sad reading, starting in December.

sessnet said:
PD = purple days,a log vaporizer - which f*cked over its users a month ago, by quitting their "job" and nulling everyone's lifetime warranty!

Interesting perspective, shows to go ya how these things happen. From my perspective Tom and Pammy (owners) found they'd reached to point of more grief than joy and wanted out. Not uncommon. So they shut down Purple Days, LLC. A Limited Liability Corporation, the entity we bought our units from and had a legal relationship with. Any warranty would have to be though them, that's what LLC means. It's the law.

As to what this lifetime warranty is all about I've got no idea. Mine came with 3 year coverage through the LLC. Perhaps the OP doesn't actually own one and wasn't actually effected and is guessing a bit....no reason not to throw stones to some folks, mind.

I think most folks understand that when a company goes out of business for whatever reason, it's out of business and those holding future claims have lost that chance. Guys with Delorians are SOL at this point.

OF

OF,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
sessnet said:

There are other good log vapes, but not many portable ones.

From what I understood years ago (HIGH TIMES ARTICLE?)- smoking (combustion) only releases about 10-30% of the THC, the rest is DESTROYED in the burning process. Using a bong is the best (30%), a blunt being the worst offender (10%).

With a vaporizer the % of THC released is much higher - like 80-890% My numbers may be way off since this is just going off memory, and a bad one at that.

However - I just learned vaporizing doesn't release ALL the chemicals, especially ones that are released during combustion.

So, some people can use less (vaporize only 1/5th as much product!), but people that are used to the other chemicals that get combusted, might feel like they need more vapor to get them "there". Or maybe even feel like the vapor isn't doing it's job.

If anyone has better info, or you find it, let me know, it's an interesting topic.

A bong isnt the best - the most efficient aside from a vape is actually a plain old joint. Your numbers are good but a little of in the sense that at 325 - 400 degrees farenheit release almost 90% or more of the medicinal content within the plant...(THC, CBD, CBN, etc). the only chemical that may see less concentrate than others is CBN as its a bi-product of THC once its spent.

mvapes,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
It is most likely highest on a joint cuz there is alot of convection vaping going on there.....i think :ko: .........convection vaping just like.........wait for it...........the THERMOVAPE....... Thread back on track?

SF Giant,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
This was on "answers.com"

THC absorbed from...

joint (or blunt, basically rolled): 28%

Bong: 78%

Vaporizer (set at optimal setting of around 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit): 92-98%

*Answer obtained from "Manswers"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Percentage_of_THC_in_bong_vs_joint#ixzz1kg5B47Ns

I wish there was a reliable source for this information...I'm sure some folk know better..

EDIT: Haha SF Giant thanks for getting back to the ThermoVape

sessnet,

OF

sessnet said:
This was on "answers.com"

THC absorbed from...

I think that's part of the story, but before it can be absorbed, it has to be extracted. That, I think, is where a lot of the goodness we pay so much for goes. It is killed before it can get extracted. THC is a complex molecule, it has to be exactly right to do the job we want. A tiny bit of heat in the wrong place and you have something else going on.

OF

OF,

Stone__Man

thank you fellas for the info , sorry to hear about the PD jive, major bummer . I know I would be quite upset if I had a product with lifetime warranty and that happened as I am BIG on warranty. I wont ask any questions about it here.

I had NO idea that was the case wtf have I been doing all these years,*smacks forehead sharply :ko: I just keep imagining having TWICE as much wow. I am MOST DEFFO getting a vape now no ifs and or butts, now its the daunting task of which one.

this TV still has my interest, I'm curious what they will say about the battery. I can see myself already, now where the HELL are my other batteries and did I remember to charge them.

EDIT: @ses the (joke) was NOT needed thank you again :D the " " was more than enough :p

I just can't get my "enlightenment" out of my head now feeling stupid but excited all the same! WOW

Stone__Man,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
mvapes said:
sessnet said:
mvapes said:
CLOUDS muthafukkas!!!! :peace:

+1

Right on! :D

+100 Time to wake-an-vake

@OF I had not thought about ol John DeLorean in quite some time. Amazing that he used a procedural defense and was found not guilty on the cocaine thing. Rare to beat the feds in court . . . Anyways an instructive example. Caveat Emptor.

DMC_publicity_photo.jpg

t-dub,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
OF said:
As to what this lifetime warranty is all about I've got no idea. Mine came with 3 year coverage through the LLC. Perhaps the OP doesn't actually own one and wasn't actually effected and is guessing a bit....no reason not to throw stones to some folks, mind.
OF

Whoops - I thought it was lifetime. But 3 years from now I am sure there will be something better. Why keep up something for life, if you find another product that works better, and you've got your 3 years moneys worth out of the old one?

I think 3 years warranty is a good amount of time...unless...said company decides to go out of business.

K, now, back to the ThermoVape...

sessnet,

weedemon

enthusiast
yep warranty is only as good as if the company still lives. True for any business.

that said, i like the saying, "If it ain't broke then don't fix it" ;P

BUT, if something better comes along then I am also all ears! My transfer from a PD into a UD for example. :p

I used your suggestion about using my REV tip for my TV1 and i agree the air restriction seems to help with keeping the heat in the chance and maybe giving me better rips! :)

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
weedemon said:
y
I used your suggestion about using my REV tip for my TV1 and i agree the air restriction seems to help with keeping the heat in the chance and maybe giving me better rips! :)

Nice! I asked ThermoVape if they can make a metal Rev tip (so I can use it with my herb chamber). A metal mouthpiece would also go nice with the Revolution in its "birthday suit".

sessnet,

OF

Stone__Man said:
I had NO idea that was the case wtf have I been doing all these years,*smacks forehead sharply :ko: I just keep imagining having TWICE as much wow. I am MOST DEFFO getting a vape now no ifs and or butts, now its the daunting task of which one.

this TV still has my interest, I'm curious what they will say about the battery. I can see myself already, now where the HELL are my other batteries and did I remember to charge them.

I just can't get my "enlightenment" out of my head now feeling stupid but excited all the same! WOW

Yes, that's how it works. To follow numbers, you're looking to absorb a few mg of THC (more or less). To do that you need to deliver 2 or 3 times that (again, more or less). If you vaporize oils, you get all of it delivered basically, so factoring in say 60% for the oil THC level you need to vape say 10mg for a good session. If you vape say 16% bud you'll need closer to 50mg (remember you're leaving 10 to 20% in the ABV). This is like 2 PD stems, plenty for most folks. BTW, not to harp on PD, many will say there are 'better' (improved) log vapes out there already, that really isn't the issue as I see it.

So, now if we want to burn it in a bong (and want to deliver 6mg) we're going to have to like triple the herb we use to cover the combustion losses. Maybe more. Say a quarter gram? A bit more in a joint or blunt?

So it's four to the gram (burn), 20 to the gram (vape) or 100 to the gram (vape oil), you decide which is better for you. I'd say the common experience 'changing over' is you get loaded more often and see your consumption of weed drop several fold at the same time. The saying used to be 'you can pay for your PD ($200) with the savings on your first ounce'. Not all vapes are as efficient as PD and MFLB (in fact I think my TV might be using about half again what I would use there for the same results), but they are all way better than burning. And better for you.

Oh, yeah, avoid the burning part and you'll enjoy life more in the long run too, if that's important to you. If not so now, leave the option open it will be later......

That's why we favor vaping.....it's not really about being cool and all although that happens too I guess.

I'm not sure what the 'battery question' is, but if it's 'how come we can't have longer battery life?', the answer is this really is the best option for this power level. Trust me on that or not, but no big improvements are likely this week. It's the same basic deal as MFLB, use a fresh battery for each trench load. No big deal for most there. Here the rule is the same, when you refill the bowl, change batteries and put the old ones in the charger. You could just keep them with your stash if you loose stuff easy. It takes a little discipline to keep them charged, but lots in life does and the benefits are useful......

HTH

OF

OF,
Top Bottom