Discontinued ThermoVape

vapor 4 life

So I have never paid much attention to the coil in thermocore ( busy with Rev. ) Is the coil supposed to be all heating? 1/3 of mine does not light up just looks like coiled metal the rest glows.

vapor 4 life,
I just finished up a skype session with Nate from TV..and may I just say I received 1st class customer service. He walked me through the problem solving for my thermocore issue and confirmed I received the first defective thermocore. But no worries because they are sending me my replacement today. What was more exciting was when Nate whipped out a couple of prototypes and one of them was as small as the thermocore by itself ;) looking forward to see whats about to come out this year from these guys. Back to the Revolution!

mflb_hustler,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just ordered my e-juice liquid attachment. I am still curious...does anyone know what kind of battery life I can expec?. Up to now I have been using joy e510 or AtmosRX for juices which have pretty long lasting batts. ( I really only charge them about once a week right now) TV or anyone who has used this for juices can you please respond to this query??

Thanks in advance.

Bluntcrush,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you can use the TV atomizer with your 510 batteries, as well as the TV unit. I was also curious if there was any kind of thread about the eliquid atomizers being used.

jambandphan03,

OF

Peloton said:
Glad to see we are on the same page OF. Always know your variables. My first course of action shall be to load up some "known good" in the TV, all in the name of science of course.

What a trouper! Not to mention excellent example to the youth. My admiration for your dedication to science has me holding your virtual coat while you plunge in.

Best wishes.

jambandphan03 said:
you can use the TV atomizer with your 510 batteries, as well as the TV unit. I was also curious if there was any kind of thread about the eliquid atomizers being used.

Are you sure about this? I think they would fit thread wise, but TV is 6 Volts. Aren't typical 510 batteries like 3.7? I note TV lists high resistance atomizers for this use.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
jambandphan03,

Kaptan

Peloton said:
Thanks for the video PC. I like that little bub too, nice :brow:

I am getting frustrated with my TV as of late, I can't seem to pull the hits out of it i was getting just a few days before. Maybe it's time for a full cleaning, I have been using my new toy quite a bit (gets a good brushdown after every bowl though). The only other variable I can think of is maybe the new strain Ive been trying has something to do with it (very sticky). Unfortunately, Im stuck at work now, my mind teeming with ideas on how to get my ThermoVape back to hitting like the animal I know it is!

If it's not your new strain, make sure you boil the thermocore, cap, and mouthpiece. I've started boiling those pieces every 2-3 days and certainly notice increased performance afterwards.

Kaptan,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Went to a local ecig "superstore" today and they only had 1 liquid in one flavor that was VG based :/ evidently PG is much more popular

SF Giant,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Current location: Unspecified hotel, high desert, Oregon.

Current outside conditions: Snow on ground, 36 degrees F and crystal clear. Venus looks like you could reach out and touch it up there, Jupiter looks incredible as well.

TV vape location: Hotel room balcony, in starlight only.

Observations: Well medicated on 1 large bowl. Longer heat-up time required and took 4 hits instead of 3. It was really nice to use the TV from start to finish with no visual reference. Very instructive. Also nice that the TV has no lights on it so passing motorists or pedestrians were of no concern. I have so much darn ABV already that I just dumped the bowl, and blew out the cap, when I could tell it was done. So easy. Experience extremely positive, pictures none yet, maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Last vape of night at 32 degrees F, pretty much same as above.

Edit: Vaped in the bathroom this morning using a "SmokeBuddy" and although there was some odor a few simple steps will keep you free from pesky 3rd parties. Keep your finger over the tip of the mouthpiece when not inhaling and use the loosen cap and shake method. When I was finished, everything went into a ziplock freezer bag and was sealed. No problems.

t-dub,

weedemon

enthusiast
I received my thermovape kit today! It actually got here last week, but wasn't able to pick it up until today. (3 days, usps priority from Cali to rural Ont!)

First impression:
- Everyone says it, but it's smaller than I thought it would be, the batteries too!
- I like how fast the charger is too! (I ordered a 2nd charger pack with a 4th set of batteries too.)
- It feels good in my hands, and feels like a quality piece of equipment!
- The bowl size is small, so I was skeptical if it could house enough to get me feeling good off one bowl. This was taken care of with my testing though. one bowl has me feeling quite dandy! lol
- It gets warm, but it hasn't gotten uncomfortably so.
- The first 3 or 4 hits are tasty, and satisfying.
- It wasn't as hard to learn how to use it as I thought it would be. (lucky me, I got to read a lot of reviews first though)
- Batteries seem to last about one bowl. (I pack a bowl maybe 60-70% full)
- Hitting it perpendicular to the ground is the better way to do it.
- I liked to open it up dump and reload after most hits, with less packed maybe it will shake up better. Towards the end, when the herbs were shrunk and less crystal covered, shaking it without removing the top seemed to work well.

My draw technique:
Prime it for 5 seconds, hit it very faintly (3-7 sec maybe), once I feel the warmth building a bit, I increase my draw speed and hold (5-8 sec) and finally switch over to a hooting thick milkshake style draw.

How many bowls would you guys way it takes before you boil it and clean it like that? It seems a little `heat` shall we say? ;) I can do it at my friends house though fortunately.

weedemon,

PB88123

Vaporist
How many bowls would you guys say it takes before you boil it and clean it like that? It seems a little `heat` shall we say? I can do it at my friends house though fortunately.

It has been 11 days since I've boiled my thermocore and it is still hitting like a champ. I do clean out the top cap every 1-2 days. Do remember that frequent cleaning will not reduce the life of the bowl. It is recommended to wait over night for it to dry out. You don't have to worry about turning it on if it isn't 100% dry as it will end up drying itself out.

How much does a case hold?

A contacts case will hold

Green = .44
ABV = .8

PB88123,

mongrel

hey all, within the last hour i received my thermovape. fuck me drunk! this thing is excellent.
packaging was neat, discreet and safe. the mechanics of everthing tv has been more or less explained already so my first use story.
took about an hour to charge batteries, read instructions and drank beer while i waited. green light means go. chucked the batteries in, loaded up the bowl and held the slider for 5 secs or so inhaled long and slow about 10-15 secs, released slider and kept drawing till cool.
this bloke is home. i had no learning real curve as it's real easy to use when hanging off a vape is second nature.
small, discreet efficient and a pleasure to use. battery change over a doddle as is packing the bowl. dope colour even light brown and well used. easy on the draw for people (me) with breathing issues. this device delivers the goods fuss free and fast.
my initial impression is that this is a well thought out design. hopefully great durabilty and reliable service in use are evident down the track. if so this portavape will be a valuable asset in the arsenal of the medi and rec users on the go. well done tv blokes!
right now i'm off to have another go at it.
p.s. a big yahoo for puffitup who got this number to oz in 7 days flat. crikey, that's impressive. beat previous best time set by demonseeds by a day.

mongrel,

Bluntcrush

Glad to hear more members are getting their units and finding that they are already comfortable using it!! I feel like a vaporizer pioneer yo!! :ninja:

Thanks everyone for your informative posts!

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Brought my ThermoVape to work again, not the first time :)

Brought the Revolution also, before, but I don't have much funky stuff to enjoy it (will have to make some soon).

I am really digging the "perfect" amount I can bring with me, and not have to combust!

I realized my MFLB stinks, especially compared to the ThermoVape...one of the reasons I think the ThermoVape is a much cleaner, and less messy alternative.

ThermoVape is slowly edging out my MFLB - as my on-the-go vape!

sessnet,

Bluntcrush

Oh me too! That was why I went with the Solo, but frankly despite it's reasonable efficiency it was not a good "take with" solution. Now all I need is my T1 and a little container with about 3 bowls on one side and ABV on the other side (a pill reminder box which also locks :ninja:)
I used to have my MFLB down to a simple science, but honestly the TV is so much more effective and versatile!!

Bluntcrush,
Fantastic portable.. I ordered yesterday around 5pm eastern time and got it today around noon. Thanks to ThermoVape, they upgraded my 2nd day delivery to overnight and I really like this portable from the first use.. It took me 30 seconds to open the pack, load the portable and see some visible vapor that I have never seen with MFLB before..

kingofqueens,

ctweips

Thermovape,
I know that this was mentioned early on in this thread but I would like to reiterate the question. Do you plan on making a plug in power adapter for the Thermovape when batteries are not a necessity? I love the portable aspect of it I just think that it would appeal a lot more to folks if it was not only dependent on batteries. Love the product and cant wait to purchase it!

ctweips,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
ctweips said:
Thermovape,
I know that this was mentioned early on in this thread but I would like to reiterate the question. Do you plan on making a plug in power adapter for the Thermovape when batteries are not a necessity? I love the portable aspect of it I just think that it would appeal a lot more to folks if it was not only dependent on batteries. Love the product and cant wait to purchase it!

Yep, in the works!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

ctweips

ThermoVape said:
ctweips said:
Thermovape,

Yep, in the works!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

That is awesome news! Now I am even more excited for this! Thanks so much for the prompt response

ctweips,

OF

ctweips said:
Thermovape,

We're assured a mains powered adapter is on the list of fun stuff to come. However, I think the optimum solution would be a charger base like your cordless phone uses. Let's face it, cordless is better than corded all else being equal. You could even cord connect the base and unit if you insist. This way it's not only fully charged but instantly ready for use wherever the urge strikes.

Given the modular nature of the unit, I see no reason not to get the base TV now and start enjoying it. Future upgrades will no doubt be simple and I strongly suspect 'cost neutral'.

OF

OF,

ctweips

OF said:
We're assured a mains powered adapter is on the list of fun stuff to come. However, I think the optimum solution would be a charger base like your cordless phone uses. Let's face it, cordless is better than corded all else being equal. You could even cord connect the base and unit if you insist. This way it's not only fully charged but instantly ready for use wherever the urge strikes.

Given the modular nature of the unit, I see no reason not to get the base TV now and start enjoying it. Future upgrades will no doubt be simple and I strongly suspect 'cost neutral'.

OF

No worries there OF. The modularity of this product is the exact reason I am getting this product early on in it's development. In fact I should have the money by the end of February which means I still have some time to wait for some new goodies they could announce ;)

ctweips,

towelieeeee

secret stoner
Well, you guys have gone and done did it. My first vape on the way... I slogged through every damn post in this thread to see what was up, and have been impressed with Thermovape's interaction with the community as well as the incredibly detailed (to the point of being nit-picky, even ;)) look that everyone here has been giving it. I was about this || close to getting an MFLB when I stumbled across this thread pretty much by accident.

I've got buds with Vapir No2's and VC's (cano), so I'm not exactly "new" to vaping. Still seem to prefer the J high most often, but hoping that the TV is as capable a piece as the crowd here seems to believe it is... and then I can say "fuck combustion" too :)

My overall take on the TV, post-ordering and pre-reception (I suppose you could call these 'expectations'):
- Robustly engineered. Will feel solid and exude "quality" when held and observed.
- Small form-factor. Very discreet, both when traveling and when in use
- Fast to heat up and easy to use without any extreme heat issues - use the "perpendicular" position more than horizontal. (Seems obvious given its convection design)
- Effective. ;)

Now to play what we call the "waiting" game...

towelieeeee,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
OF said:
get the base TV now and start enjoying it.
OF

Agree with that. If you are waiting for something (like a PA)- you might as well just get a TV now - so you can get used to it.

THEN, when the part you want comes out, you can order just that - it will feel relatively cheap, almost like getting a new/different vaporizer for super cheap!

That's how I felt when I ordered the Revolution. It only cost me $50 extra to join in on the most awesome vape out now!

:2c:

sessnet,

Bluntcrush

Hey TV-
How about if Thermoessence make a "decoy" flashlight head attachment, so that in the event it is ever scrutinized it would be hard to discover it was a vaporizer. :ninja:

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom