Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

igot5onit said:
what kind of tool are people using for scraping down the collected concentrate on the sides of the chamber?

I'm using a wood toothpick with the point removed. Sometimes through the window, sometimes from above. Works great.

OF

OF,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
turk said:
....good point , thanks man....(also from s.f.).
Fwiw i fully recommend the TV/Revolution as a portable, i love mine and rarely leave the house without it these days.....now if i could only find the perfect case to fit it all.......also GO NINERS!!!

SF Giant,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
So, I'm back again after doing more testing (and so far with flowers only, because my research methods are pretty linear) :brow: At any rate, I am now starting to achieve a better draw and applying heat clicks in combo which is yielding better results for me. It is nothing like the draw on a Solo and it is nothing at all like hitting a toob or a spliff, IMO... But it definitely gets you medicated! :p So far, no big clouds as shown in Psychovape's vid, so I am not sure I am heating long enough. I have tried three different grinds and two different load sizes a couple of times. Anyone who has used flowers so far please feel free to chime in...

The ABV looks lighter than I am used to, but I have reclaimed any actives after use of the TV with my EQ and it is never more than 1 full hit.

I am not really after choker sized clouds to show off, and I have noticed a definite "nicely, happy medicated" feeling, so I can't argue with performance. However, I am still looking for more feedback as more of us develop our styles... I have only seen little wispy clouds even when exhaling them into light so they are more visible. This area needs work...

I will try some BHO today ( I have been chicken to "gum up the works" so far :lol: ) but I will probably be using this more on the go with flowers because concentrates aren't that common here (except for the off chance when I run into some) From what I have seen with some of your vids with the Revolution it looks pretty awesome!!! I am a little jealous of you guys so far...

Okay back to work and Happy Friday group!!! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
OF said:
igot5onit said:
what kind of tool are people using for scraping down the collected concentrate on the sides of the chamber?

I'm using a wood toothpick with the point removed. Sometimes through the window, sometimes from above. Works great.

OF
sewing machine needle, sticks back into my travel case so i dont lose it :) but some materials are soft enought to start oozin down the sides once u start crankin on that thing.

Also protip #1 for fools that "cant get high" use this beast under your blankets before going to bed, i promise you that mini errl hotbox will put you to sleep.

too bad this would never happen but if i had a waterproof case id take it in the shower with me, its just that awesome.

Xchadb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Xchadb said:
too bad this would never happen but if i had a waterproof case id take it in the shower with me, its just that awesome.

What would the fourth "S" be?

sessnet,

marduk

daydreamer
Easy and cheap solution for paper sleeve causing more battery heat:

Use a hole punch and put several holes in the paper sleeve so you get a Swiss cheese effect. Heat will escape through the holes, but you'll still have the paper's thickness preventing the rattle.

marduk,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
sessnet said:
Xchadb said:

What would the fourth "S" be?
not sure if i get what you're trying to ask haha?

also after sobering up a bit i shot another video to give you an idea of how big the thing is and the portability of it.

i now know why they made it indestructible, cause youll be so high youre gonna drop it a million times like i have, but only cause its so tiny and portable ;)
when on the computer ill set it on my lap, get really vaked, its so lightweight that i lose it and then when i stand up to find it, it goes flying

Xchadb,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I can't keep up with this thread (splitting the Revolution and T1 into separate threads sounds like a smart idea to me) so someone may already have posted this before, but perhaps baking paper would be a safer substitute for the paper strip that stops the batteries from rattling? It's heat resistant to about 420 degrees Fahrenheit.

OhTheAgony,

igot5onit

i've confirmed the "off" taste i was reporting before seems to be the wax and not the coil oxidizing. i've tried other stuff and each has had correct flavor. i guess this wax just isn't very pure. oh well.

igot5onit,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
igot5onit said:
i've confirmed the "off" taste i was reporting before seems to be the wax and not the coil oxidizing. i've tried other stuff and each has had correct flavor. i guess this wax just isn't very pure. oh well.

True that - you can taste everything with ThermoVape.

I tried some lowish-grade hash a friend had - in the Revolution. Even though it smelled legit, in the Revolution it tasted like funky/old chinese food....I am assuming it was the hash that's scraped off people's bodies...

Will stick to self-made things from now on.... :cool:

sessnet,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
sessnet said:
igot5onit said:

True that - you can taste everything with ThermoVape.

I tried some lowish-grade hash a friend had - in the Revolution. Even though it smelled legit, in the Revolution it tasted like funky/old chinese food....I am assuming it was the hash that's scraped off people's bodies...

Will stick to self-made things from now on.... :cool:
yeah, usually when i make abv oil, it tastes like mexican food or corn chips\oil :) its yummy tho!

Xchadb,

vapor 4 life

got my tv and rev yesterday The Rev is awesome huge clouds vaped bubble all day hard to always have to stir with the bubble ( no stir with bho ) Was using in the dark last night hard to load and stir in the dark. Tastes great! The Omicron is easier to deal with because of the load once hit 400 times thing but the Rev tastes better and does bubble. i love bubble. Cleaning a sticky hashy cart on the go is difficult ( tips please ! )
The tv is a hard to tackle beast. can not get the clouds I want. But I will work more on that today. ( tips please ! ) Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I originally thought I would sell my omicron but I think both devices have their place. If I had to chose it would be hard. But bubble and clean medical grade materials on the Rev win.

vapor 4 life,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
vapor 4 life said:
got my tv and rev yesterday The Rev is awesome huge clouds vaped bubble all day hard to always have to stir with the bubble ( no stir with bho ) Was using in the dark last night hard to load and stir in the dark. Tastes great! The Omicron is easier to deal with because of the load once hit 400 times thing but the Rev tastes better and does bubble. i love bubble. Cleaning a sticky hashy cart on the go is difficult ( tips please ! )
The tv is a hard to tackle beast. can not get the clouds I want. But I will work more on that today. ( tips please ! ) Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I originally thought I would sell my omicron but I think both devices have their place. If I had to chose it would be hard. But bubble and clean medical grade materials on the Rev win.
pull low n slow! get huge clouds :) feel the temp of the vapor running over your tounge and youll adjust to it and make HUGH lungbustin hits!

btw new vid is up http://youtu.be/IHXNokTHh4g

Xchadb,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
vapor 4 life said:
pull low n slow! get huge clouds :) feel the temp of the vapor running over your tounge and youll adjust to it and make HUGH lungbustin hits!

Love the video, thank you for the review! We are thrilled it the Revolution is performing for you and glad to see the Revolution has hit Colorado!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
ThermoVape said:
Xchadb said:
vapor 4 life said:

Love the video, thank you for the review! We are thrilled it the Revolution is performing for you and glad to see the Revolution has hit Colorado!

Cheers,

ThermoVape
im gonna start trying to show this to every dispensary out here, i really want somone to dist thermovape stuff so i can buy parts n such from there :) If they are interested in selling these, who should they contact?

Xchadb,

vapor 4 life

does anyone else get a little combustion taste from the particles falling thru screen onto thermocore?

vapor 4 life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Try a sandwich, if possible - BB size, fine grind, BB size. Still have to find a better way to avoid the fine grind getting in the holes...I'm working on it ;)

sessnet,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Xchadb said:

20-30 minutes charging time? My charges usually take 60-70 minutes on average. Is it faster using the car charger? :o

BossBrew,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
BossBrew said:
Xchadb said:

20-30 minutes charging time? My charges usually take 60-70 minutes on average. Is it faster using the car charger? :o

i find they both work the same amount of time. maybe im just not draining mine enough? By the time my other batteries run out, usually the other ones are already green!

Xchadb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Honestly, I would rather see a longer warranty time on the heating parts too, maybe 6 mo? It does make you wonder how long they will really last. Anyone have anything to offer in this area from the beta testing? I have seen crappy e cigs with longer warranties, and those things are not built to last nearly as much as this unit.... either that or make the replacements a bit more affordable. I agree the technology and design is excellent, but those parts could not possibly cost that much to make. Not trying to be rude, just speaking my mind. I am still on board with this device full force because so far it's the first one out there that I know of trying to make a healthy portable vape. Hope to get my revolution adapter today.

jambandphan03,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I now vote for 2 threads now too. It seems that it is pretty oily in here now and nothing else. Sure, you want tips for oil... they are here, and the thread is now being dominated (and thrown off topic) IMO. I would like to SHARE information with other vaporists that think others contributions about their experiences have value as feedback too . (TV what say you? Is this thread supposed to be all about oil? Is other feedback not worth responding to? Was this designed primarily as a concentrate device? Is it just an over glorified MFLB? Was the TV really designed just for oils? Please let us know.) I have asked for tips on using flowers on a couple of occasions, but that is not the topic du jour it seems.

That's my vote! The proof is in this thread. It is not the fault of TV that his company is interested in getting feedback about the device, but I am getting the distinct impression around here that if it ain't about oil, it's worthless! I know the Revolution just came out, but it is not the only feature of the TV that people want to talk about. Just my :2c:

I bid you good day gentleman (and ladies)

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom