Discontinued ThermoVape

Stone__Man

High all, first posting here. glad to be here, :cool:;)

I have done much reading on this forum in different threads, much good info within this forums pages, and I quite like it. I have read this whole thread as this looks quite the interesting product.

My situation is such that I am a total n00blet with regards to vaping :rolleyes::/ but a grizzled vet in partaking of the Great Spirt's gifts. :peace:

I very much enjoy my smoke but as I age want to be a bit more healthy in my consumption of goods. therefore.

in my research into the world of vaping stumbled upon this great place FC. I was juuuuussst about to pull the trigger on a MFLB having read a LOT of good opinions on it then, ... then this Thermovape caught my attention, so I have read this whole (to this point) nearly 1500 posts. :o:o:o:o

the MFLB has a TRUE lifetime warranty

noob to vape remember, so I wonder of all of you guys that I see have MANY vapes in their collection(by sigs) , do any of the ones you have that cost NORTH ^^^ of 200$ only have a 3 month warranty on the "heart" of the system? very interested to hear this info. thx ;)

If I may , I have a few observations and questions.

first observation , the videos. I like the one's that actually INFORM about the TV, the "tougher than nails bit" of vids, is a thinking mans way to go about "pushing" the product, they are ok. gives the impression it can take ANYthing and last forever... Now, the vid of the Vs competiton was done in poor taste intentional or not, lets tear this piece of crap apart, all the while coddling your VT baby, sorry I had to laugh and at the end of it all what does it say or prove about either product? yeah .. no much except the "other guys" product is a tough shell to crack :rolleyes::lol::cool: good laughs on one hand for me, but on the other baffled by the utter lack of any professional tact is sad, a doctor and an engineer afterall , not larry and billy bob, who would of thunk that? not I to be sure.

one more thing about your vs vid. how much does your product cost and how much does the competitor cost? not nearly in the same range now are they? I totally see where the (sorry man cant recall name) vito with green avatar is at 100 % , your word is showmanship , mine is poor taste and again my mind nudges me that this is coming from a doctor and an engineer. friggin' unreal , and with such professional photos and webpage and the way you represent yourself here is professional , so who's head did the rock fall on to make this one of the very first things someone sees of your product?

still on the topic of "what's in the heater core" it appears to me still odd to take such an approach of ours is hand made in america, look at this "overseas" crap they put in, when your heater core has a very very sad warranty length of 3 months? really? only 3 months for your far superior heater core? your heater core at 90 dollars cost to the consumer after dropping 250 dollars , really don't speak much for your confidence in you product now does it, not like fire and water does right?

the "other guy" has a one year warranty and I am amazed as can be that noone has broached the topic of warranty of 3 months only for the ONE part that can fail. so the heater core makes up nearly half the cost of the whole unit, why does that matter? well that leaves 120$ cost for the rest of the unit, that seems a LOT to pay for what you get, cheap part warrant for life, the part that can fail 3 months. so u can trash the other guys product and all the while your very expensive product bears a 3 month warranty, takes nerve. Seems to say the complete opposite to me, of fire, tires, and water oh my! the 210 dollar price tag would make more sense to me if the heater core were included in your lifetime warranty. unless , GASP !!! perhaps u don't really expect your heater core to last longer than 3 months? :/ .... quite curious indeed. must have had some "interesting" reports from your medical testers regarding failure of the heater core. 3 months :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd love a real answer about the warranty.

and all this thinking done by just one individual over a poor choice of video. ok that's off my mind. :2c:

having read all of the posts so far one thing is clear as day, once their different product Revolution was released, nearly this whole thread has turned to the rev, it all starts to be a convoluted mess for those looking for info on the T1, and the same will go for the rev, separation before it becomes a monster, start separate thread for the revo and it would be easier to wade through the info. cause for one thing some who does not even know that two different products are being discussed in this thread they could be easily mislead to believe the T1 does everything peeps are talking about the rev doing. ... hummmm think thank thunk

I almost wish I had not seen ANY of your video's ('cept) the break down and clean vidz, as they alone got me to scratching my head about your product/s. and really where I'm gonna spend my money on a vape the TVT1, MFLB or one of the many others.

any and everyone please share your thoughts, and don't worry if u don't like or agree with what I say, I'm a big boy I can take it as well as dish it ;) , we can't please everyone. and I get the feeling I'm not the only one with questions and/or concerns that are the very same or similar to mine, about THE TVt1

like the arena announcer says on Bob Seger - Live Bullet before the encore, " you want to hear some more? money is awful hard to get these day's , more longer" ... that is pretty much what I want for dropping such a large chunk on change on a product, MORE and LONGER!

ok, rant off :cool::2c::peace:

Stone__Man,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
And in other news from someone who actually has one.....

Progress report. Although the GDP fullmelt that I first loaded was tasty, I wasn't getting huge clouds. Not that I need clouds, but the hits were equivalent to a PD hit. Not overly cloudy, but enjoyable.

Well, I decided to load in some Amber Glass (that was a bitch in and of itself.... I posted my trials in the Concentrate thread if you're so inclined). I had a hard time "priming" it as I was heating and lightly pulling for over 30 seconds with virtually no results whatsoever. Then it hit me. A huuuuuuuge hit out of nowhere that literally put me on my ass. It was the equivalent of a nail hit for sure. Taste was awesome, too. Several identical hits later I am very, very medicated. :ko:

I have a lot more "testing" to do but it seems that your results will depend on the type of concentrate. I can't recommend Amber Glass because it's a pain in the ass to handle, but I have a feeling that there will be several "suitable" home-run concentrates that will really work well with the Revolution.

I loaded up about .25g of the Amber Glass, but I have no idea how long it will last. I'll try to keep track and report back.

Please post any success stories of good concentrates. I'd love to know what to pick up for this thing.

:peace:

edit: sarcasm added

Stu,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Dear thermovape: I love you, please make an ac adapter for home use and car use from 12v! :) would be amazing! Also please release conversion kit, causr I need that derlin sleeve! Some hardcore revolution sessions gets this thing hot!!

Xchadb,
That teardown video of the Omicron versus the Thermovape up on the TV website is pretty compelling.. Not a huge fan of how the Omi's internals look.

I'm glad they added that video, it shows how it has no fiberglass, no solder and no BS.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
Just a little bit of a pain in the pocketbook right now.
Sell your Dirty Mac LP collection. It's gotta be worth somthing to hear Yoko moan, doesn't it? Use the proceeds for a new weapon in your arsenal.

You're welcome.

;)

Stu,
Stu said:
charliedontsurf said:
Just a little bit of a pain in the pocketbook right now.
Sell your Dirty Mac LP collection. It's gotta be worth somthing to hear Yoko moan, doesn't it? Use the proceeds for a new weapon in your arsenal.

You're welcome.

;)
40 points. You rock man! Yeah, that's definitely a great performance hilariously marred by Yoko's demon-banshee-from-Hades-shriek. For those who haven't, shall we say, witnessed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzJON-teng

I am more seriously interested in the TV right now than any other vape, save the sadly delayed VXC. I'm glad the user a few posts up mentioned the comparison videos in passing, because it really did sell it all that more. I'm now also glad, no disrespect to the company, that I held off on buying the Omicron, as this now has a definite edge in my mind despite the price increase.

charliedontsurf,

Dopevape

Hi FC community been following the TV thread for some time now and im loving it all the way.
-Questions tho occur in my mind, the battery life... For ThermoVAPE that is. I was wondering why the kit is not outfitted with at least batteries of capacity 900 mAh or 1000? As far as i know this will make time of usage before depleteing considerably longer.. maybe not that much but at least a second bowl can be done with it?
-Also the Delrin used? is it safe enough? has it been tested what temps the inside of the thermovape reach?with extensive use? since i read somewhere the delrin can release formaldehyde or is that just in processing or molding?

Thanks

Dopevape,

OF

Stone__Man said:
My situation is such that I am a total n00blet with regards to vaping :rolleyes::/ but a grizzled vet in partaking of the Great Spirt's gifts. :peace:

I very much enjoy my smoke but as I age want to be a bit more healthy in my consumption of goods. therefore.

the "other guy" has a one year warranty and I am amazed as can be that noone has broached the topic of warranty of 3 months only for the ONE part that can fail. so the heater core makes up nearly half the cost of the whole unit, why does that matter? well that leaves 120$ cost for the rest of the unit, that seems a LOT to pay for what you get, cheap part warrant for life, the part that can fail 3 months. so u can trash the other guys product and all the while your very expensive product bears a 3 month warranty, takes nerve. Seems to say the complete opposite to me, of fire, tires, and water oh my! the 210 dollar price tag would make more sense to me if the heater core were included in your lifetime warranty. unless , GASP !!! perhaps u don't really expect your heater core to last longer than 3 months? :/ .... quite curious indeed. must have had some "interesting" reports from your medical testers regarding failure of the heater core. 3 months :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd love a real answer about the warranty.

and all this thinking done by just one individual over a poor choice of video. ok that's off my mind. :2c:

You want to know what I think? I think you shouldn't buy the TV or Revolution. I don't think you'll be happy with it no matter. Just my opinion, mind. But if you really have a long history of "partaking of the Great Spirt's gifts" I think you'll understand what I mean, true enjoyment seems unlikely to me.

FWIW I see the heat core as an expendable part. It wears out. The same part from Omicron (the cart itself) has a zero day warranty, once you use it once you own it. Tires on your new car come with a lesser warranty since the owner can by his action wear them out early. Same idea here as I see it.

I guess I think most guys tend to make fairly informed decisions in this area. They are for the most part not stupid or reckless with their money. They understand that the heater may well fail on them, in fact use it enough and it surely will. Like a lightbulb, fishing reel, car or a pair of Levi's. The downside risk is $90 ($55 for Revolution) if it fails after the 3 months but at a point where you use/like it so much you want to keep using it. My take on that is by that time I will have run a lot more dollars of herb through there. If I'm a heavy user, I hope I'd just order a replacement (or even a spare???) and move on with "partaking of the Great Spirt's gifts".

So, that's my advice on the little information above. I'd advise against the purchase, I don't think it'll make you happy in the end, and isn't that the goal?

Dopevape said:
I was wondering why the kit is not outfitted with at least batteries of capacity 900 mAh or 1000? As far as i know this will make time of usage before depleteing considerably longer.. maybe not that much but at least a second bowl can be done with it?
-Also the Delrin used? is it safe enough? has it been tested what temps the inside of the thermovape reach?with extensive use?

I'm not sure it's as simple as seeing 900 is a bigger number than 750 (something that surely would have occurred to someone along the line to look into). I'm thinking the factor is the serious abuse the battery maker sees this product as causing. Notice how hot the battery gets? That alone is not a good sign. It's also why we get ten 20 second heats at five Amps or so, that's it. That's less than 300 mAh (37% of the already modest 750 mAh on the label). Another clue. Check it out, the maker clearly says 'not suitable for SureFire flashlight use.....and that flashlight puts a much lower demand on them. I suspect the 900 or 1000s would be all the worse here.

There's a trade off in making batteries. If you want 'high energy density' you put lots of material in in lots of thin plates. This is like say a 'golf cart battery'. Relatively low current. Put that same battery in your car and demand very high currents to crank the motor and you need thick conductors in that battery to deal with the high current. Amp-Hour ratings suffer for this. This brings a generally well hidden value (internal resistance) into play. It's this small resistance that makes the battery heat when it works hard, and it's what makes the Voltage 'sag' under load. I tend to think it's the key factor. I think that may be what drove the decision, they tested other battery types and found the one they use the best.

OF

Edit: I just realized I didn't comment on the Delrin issue. It's important to note there is no Delrin inside the TV or Revolution anywhere that gets hot enough to worry about. Serious ceramics are used in the hot locations. It's pretty tough stuff, maximum continuous service temperature amongst the highest of the common plastics, 180 degrees F. Far hotter than we're dealing with here. IMO it's well chosen and safe.

OF,

OF

sessnet said:
Welcome back OF :)

Hey, thanks, it hasn't been easy. This testing can take a lot out of a guy, but somebody has to do it I guess......

Great to see you and the other guys getting it all sorted out, a keen machine for sure. Perhaps not the ultimate for all, but IMO worth your consideration.

And now, back to the salt mines......

OF

OF,

Dopevape

I'm not sure it's as simple as seeing 900 is a bigger number than 750 (something that surely would have occurred to someone along the line to look into). I'm thinking the factor is the serious abuse the battery maker sees this product as causing. Notice how hot the battery gets? That alone is not a good sign. It's also why we get ten 20 second heats at five Amps or so, that's it. That's less than 300 mAh (37% of the already modest 750 mAh on the label). Another clue. Check it out, the maker clearly says 'not suitable for SureFire flashlight use.....and that flashlight puts a much lower demand on them. I suspect the 900 or 1000s would be all the worse here.
There's a trade off in making batteries. If you want 'high energy density' you put lots of material in in lots of thin plates. This is like say a 'golf cart battery'. Relatively low current. Put that same battery in your car and demand very high currents to crank the motor and you need thick conductors in that battery to deal with the high current. Amp-Hour ratings suffer for this. This brings a generally well hidden value (internal resistance) into play. It's this small resistance that makes the battery heat when it works hard, and it's what makes the Voltage 'sag' under load. I tend to think it's the key factor. I think that may be what drove the decision, they tested other battery types and found the one they use the best.
OF

Thx for clearing that up OF :). seems to make sense. Guess I'll have to find some more batteries then :brow:
probably also for the delrins sake now u talk about the heating up of the batteries.

Dopevape,

OF

Dopevape said:
Thx for clearing that up OF :). seems to make sense. Guess I'll have to find some more batteries then :brow:
probably also for the delrins sake now u talk about the heating up of the batteries.

Your very welcome, glad to help when I can. For sure heat is the enemy in lots of electronic products. I suspect we'll never see half the 1000 cycles advertised for the battery.

This brings up an interesting observation. I too put the 'paper shim upgrade' in mine to stop battery rattle. Hey, everyone else was doing it and it is nice to quiet it down. However, I noticed the battery seemed to get even hotter than normal. I'm thinking that single sheet of paper is thermal insulation just when we don't want it.

Still, the batteries are cheap enough. When I hammer a set into an early grave (and I fully expect to) I plan to retire them to less demanding duty and spend ten bucks on some more. Maybe by then guys will have found and qualified a better one?

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hopefully at least an adapter will be out by then. So you think the non-rattle paper technique is a bad idea? Will the increased heat deplete the battery - or shave hours off its life?

sessnet,

weedemon

enthusiast
I paid for the slightly more expensive shipping, 35 instead of 20 for the USPS option,

January 15, 2012 - Electronic Shipping Info Received

January 17, 2012, 11:15 am - Acceptance, , SAN CARLOS, CA 94070

2 days later!!!
January 19, 2012, 9:24 pm Customs Clearance, , CANADA

My buddy has a package waiting for him at the post office! how lucky is this!? haha 2 days to get from cali to the post office here in rural Ontario! :p sweet!

my buddy can't go pick it up till tomorrow, but that's ok i will just have to wait! i wasn't expecting it for another 1-2 weeks honestly!

A silver lining to a super shitty week! (I got busted by the cops for possession) for me details if you care, check the ask fc section :p

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Had a small idea about the battery rattle + cooling it down hopefully. How about a thin strip of this stuff?

I figure if the adhesive is wiped off somehow with turpentine etc...and it can be cut into a small strip, that can be inserted into the battery compartment. If it fits a small piece, it will stop the rattle, and who knows, maybe it will help a tiny bit with the heat? At least it won't hurt.

Wouldn't it be cool to wrap the batteries or whole thing in graphene?

And - if that doesn't work.... maybe just a small strip of paper will work better, instead of a paper sleeve?

sessnet,

turk

turk
hey guys...I see you have ssv"s....is this thermaovape better as a portable than the lsv by 7th floor?

turk,

OF

sessnet said:
Hopefully at least an adapter will be out by then. So you think the non-rattle paper technique is a bad idea? Will the increased heat deplete the battery - or shave hours off its life?

I don't know what to think of it, except to note it. I left the paper strip in and will probably not take it out until I have a reason to.

In general, high temps hit both ways. Leakage currents (self discharge) goes up quickly (IIRC it doubles every 8 degrees or so?). That of course stops when the temp goes back down. The chemistry can also suffer from (cumulative) high heat, giving shorter service life (less cycles). In extreme cases, stuff inside boils and those two little holes at the edge of the positive terminal vent the gas so it doesn't literally blow up in your hand. Note TV put a hole in the bottom of the battery case to vent outside.

At five bucks each, I think the risk is small.

OF

OF,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
turk said:
hey guys...I see you have ssv"s....is this thermaovape better as a portable than the lsv by 7th floor?
Since you have to plug it in to a wall outlet to use it the LSV is not a true portable........so the answer is yes i suppose, if by portable you meant "something i can easily carry to a friends house where i can plug it in and use it" then id say the LSV is better. :2c:

SF Giant,

igot5onit

what kind of tool are people using for scraping down the collected concentrate on the sides of the chamber?

igot5onit,
Top Bottom