Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

Futuretvowner said:
Hmm maybe because thermovape is offering them to puffitup at a discounted rate.... I seriously doubt that puffitup is going to take a loss in profits just to sell the vape....

Of course they sell to vendors at less than list price. The vendor has to make money or he won't play, that's how it works.

Let's look at a discount for FC members. He offers 10% lower price. TV still charges him the same, the customer pays less, where else but from his profits can that money come? If he could have made more profit, but settled for less that's taking a loss as I understand it.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the purchase now, but I can't see how any sins have happened?

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Futuretvowner said:
Hmm maybe because thermovape is offering them to puffitup at a discounted rate.... I seriously doubt that puffitup is going to take a loss in profits just to sell the vape.... This is going to leave a really sour taste in my mouth if this is true tv.... Punishing the original purchasers who ordered before any real reviews of the thermoVape have come out. I hope it's not true or if it is I hope I will be receiving some kind of a rebate or some free accessories.

This is standard practice with almost any product. The solo was $300 originally. The people who waited can now get them for about $150 or sometimes less. This happens with anything, not just vapes. My phone would be worth $600 retail when I bought it, maybe $200 now tops less than a year later. I don't really think you should be blaming TV for the fact that one vendor offers a coupon code. It ALWAYS costs more to get stuff first.

darkrom,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
majorpeaches said:
ThermoVape said:
No worries, I'm making another instructional video to show how to disassemble and re-assemble the device. The gap in the third image is a gap between the middle and lower Delrin sleeves.

Video coming up!

Here's the issue though:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/majorpeaches/photo-2.jpg

i have removed everything except for the compartment for above the batteries. When i try to twist or unscrew this section (which i have done numerous times before to replace my batteries), only the black casing spins around, as if the threads underneath are stuck together. Nothing i do enables me to unscrew this last part of the TV.

Video is uploading. Easy fix. Stand by!

ThermoVape,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
Futuretvowner said:
Hmm maybe because thermovape is offering them to puffitup at a discounted rate.... I seriously doubt that puffitup is going to take a loss in profits just to sell the vape.... This is going to leave a really sour taste in my mouth if this is true tv.... Punishing the original purchasers who ordered before any real reviews of the thermoVape have come out. I hope it's not true or if it is I hope I will be receiving some kind of a rebate or some free accessories.

aint no one punishing you
thermovape sells these at a certain price
you agree to this price and purchase it
someone else offers same product for lower price
you feel buyers remorse

totally normal... but to blame tv for your lack of good shopping skills, all the while demanding a rebate or freebies is ridiculous.

moodswing,

THCMuscle

Futuretvowner said:

You bought a vape that was just released, at it's original price from the manufacturer. It is a multi-industry norm for the manufacturer to have a higher price than a retailer, ESPECIALLY if it was just released. It didn't occur to you that the original price of a new product is as high as it will ever be, and discounts often ensue shortly there after?

Bummer dude.

THCMuscle,

zmurder

Futuretvowner said:

Naturally puffitup is getting the TV at wholesale and thus a "discounted rate". That's how retailing works, no?

I ordered mine a week ago from TV at full price, and -- sure -- I'll be bummed if I coulda just waited and gotten it cheaper. But I knew full well that I was paying *full price* and that retailers could (and should) discount it later. We all like money. Of course I'd love it if TV would send us early adopters a free accessory. I'd also love it if they'd send me a free black unit to match the white one I bought. A pony would be nice too. But I don't really feel like I'm owed anything more than the product I agreed to buy from TV for the full price.

Edit: while posting this, like.....8 people posted similar sentiments before me....so it kinda feels like I'm piling on....sorry about that

zmurder,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Futuretvowner said:
What kind of a discount is puffitup offering? I'll be pretty upset with thermovape if I just ordered mine on Thursday from thermovape directly and now some amazing discount is being given to people who purchase it from puffitup...... What gives thermovape?

ThermoVape does not sell directly to Puffitup. We are excited they are selling the ThermoVape and certainly support them in their efforts.

Honestly, I know what it takes to make the device. Each ThermoVape has 26 parts, none of them off the shelf. We manufacture every piece or have it custom made to our specifications (stainless steel spring for the switch, high temp o-rings etc.)

All of the parts we make are machined, then deburred, then cleaned, then most are electroless nickel plated. After that begins the assembly process. Every heater core is built by hand. Not a single process is outsourced or automated. A surprising amount of assembly and work goes into building and testing each and every ThemoVape. All of it done here in America, where we pay people a fair wage that they can live on. We refuse to outsource, we would rather run a company that remained 100% US and fail, then outsource and fire our employees.

We wanted to sell the ThermoVape for $350, that would of brought us to the normal margin that our competitors run at. However we agreed to drop the price to $250 after long discussions with our distributor. It has been an enormous undertaking to ramp up and optimize our production to make that number feasible for us economically.

Any price below $250 and we have to shut our doors, it is unsustainable. How any retailer can sell the ThermoVape for lower then that price is beyond me... we can't, and we make them!

As we increase production and optimize our process we will likely see some decrease in our cost to manufacture the ThermoVape, and that will allow us over time to offer that cost savings to our distributors and retail associates, but that takes time, and traction in the market. Right now we are a small company, focused on quality and performance, we hope with that focus, the rest will come.

ThermoVape,
So by some crazy luck I was actually able to get it unscrewed. However out of my frustration during this whole time, I put the bottom case back on upside down( looked the same to me) and now can't remove it. It' fits almost the same however, if I left it on backwards it probably wouldn't make any difference right?

Edit: it does matter. The case has to be on right way or the mouthpiece will not be able to screw into the bowl. FML.

majorpeaches,
So after all of that I was right... Hahaha .... I understand if I buy a Phone and it's less of a Price a year later but buying a vape and the price dropping before I even got it was a little bit ridiculous. Thankfully it's not true

Futuretvowner,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
majorpeaches said:
ThermoVape said:
No worries, I'm making another instructional video to show how to disassemble and re-assemble the device. The gap in the third image is a gap between the middle and lower Delrin sleeves.

Video coming up!

Here's the issue though:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/majorpeaches/photo-2.jpg

i have removed everything except for the compartment for above the batteries. When i try to twist or unscrew this section (which i have done numerous times before to replace my batteries), only the black casing spins around, as if the threads underneath are stuck together. Nothing i do enables me to unscrew this last part of the TV.

Hi MajorPeaches!

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I have made a 12 minute instructional video that is 50min from being uploaded completely, after which I will post it here for our collective information.

I have sent you a PM to walk you through the steps in the mean time. Please check your inbox and give me a call (I'll be in the shop till late).

Additionally- I looked at your last picture posted and it appears to be misaligned. Aligning threads is critical. If you look closely at the image below you can see that the middle portion is not axially aligned with the lower portion. Again, we can talk through this, and if it still stays stuck I will send you a new one.

misaligned.jpg

Hope this helps, and looking forward to talking with you!

ThermoVape,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Well, I just ordered a T1 kit in black from PIU. :brow: I will surely be sharing my thoughts about it here when it comes.

Peloton,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Futuretvowner said:
So after all of that I was right... Hahaha .... I understand if I buy a Phone and it's less of a Price a year later but buying a vape and the price dropping before I even got it was a little bit ridiculous. Thankfully it's not true

No, you just whined the discount away that we all had access to specifically after me mentioning it doesn't work. Congrats and now we will all have to pay as much as you did. Feel better? I'll be holding out a little longer. Should have picked it up at the discounted price when I had the chance.

darkrom,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I must say that I was interested by the ThermoVape from the time it was introduced here, and am impressed with how functional it has been reported to be. :tup:

I was wondering how well one would be able to pulse the battery on the TV to never dip above a lower temperature (320-360C?), and gently vaporize delicate flowers? If this is achievable, how difficult would this be to consistently achieve?

:2c: As far as the pricing, I feel it is fair to do as many others do to take control of sales/growth: The unit can 'cost' $350, but you could run constant/varying sales and promo codes (and discount for resellers without losing your shirt). I think $399 is fair for the TV with constant sales and reseller discounts ranging between 20% and 60% depending on supply/demand.

Everyone knows what the new year means. New vapes, new technology, new possibilities, and a new promo code that can be combined with the general 15-25% off. :p

I think the TV may be my new ultra-portable instant-on quick-cool single-hit singles-lift ski-vape. :D

Does the Revolution have to be held in any particular orientation to function best and/or not spill liquidy/oily concentrates?

Vappy New Years everyone in 'TV land'. ;)

Progress,
darkrom said:
Futuretvowner said:

No, you just whined the discount away that we all had access to specifically after me mentioning it doesn't work. Congrats and now we will all have to pay as much as you did. Feel better? I'll be holding out a little longer. Should have picked it up at the discounted price when I had the chance.
Much happier that you all have to pay the same price as I did two days ago.

Futuretvowner,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Futuretvowner said:
darkrom said:
Futuretvowner said:

Do you not buy ANY consumer electronics? This is how every single product works. The competition between vendors to bring the best price while maintaining a quality service is essential. I understand you felt bummed out, but you did absolutely no shopping around and were one of the very first adopters of a product. The price you pay when something is brand new is the maximum price. It will only fall from there. How you managed to make it through 18+ years without noticing this I can't imagine. EVERYTHING drops in price and becomes cheaper over time with good deals and sales like the one PIU offered until you complained it away. I was planning on picking it up at my next paycheck once my bills were gone, but I'll wait for the inevitable sale that will come eventually. Do you really think people still pay the $300 for a solo for example?

darkrom,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Progress said:
I must say that I was interested by the ThermoVape from the time it was introduced here, and am impressed with how functional it has been reported to be. :tup:

I was wondering how well one would be able to pulse the battery on the TV to never dip above a lower temperature (320-360C?), and gently vaporize delicate flowers? If this is achievable, how difficult would this be to consistently achieve?

As far as the pricing, I feel it is fair to do as many others do to take control of sales/growth: The unit can 'cost' $350, but you could run constant/varying sales and promo codes (and discount for resellers without losing your shirt). I think $399 is fair for the TV with constant sales ranging between 20% and 60% depending on supply/demand.

Everyone knows what the new year means. New vapes, new technology, new possibilities, and new sales... ;p

I think the TV may be my new ultra-portable instant-on quick-cool single-hit singles-lift ski-vape. :D

Does the Revolution have to be held in any particular orientation to function best and/or nor spill liquidy/oily concentrates?

Vappy New Years all in 'TV land'. :lol:

Vappy New Year to you as well. Thank you for the kind words!

The Revolution is not orientation specific. You can use it with your normal vaping style with out worries. Spillage is not an issue, the concentrate is pretty well trapped in the chamber.

The temperature pulsing was pretty easily achieved with our test vapers, after 1-2 weeks with the device everyone, even folks that face some serious physical challenges secondary to disease process, had the device pretty wire and had found their rhythm with warm up and fine temperature control. Inhalation speed plays a role as well. Faster inhalations and the device certainly runs in the lower temp range.

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ladies and Gents, Please check out our Assembly Video. This should address most of the questions you will have with assembly:

Assembly Video

ThermoVape,

darkrom

Great Scott!
ThermoVape said:
Ladies and Gents, Please check out our Assembly Video. This should address most of the questions you will have with assembly:

Assembly Video

Video has been removed by user. LOL Try again! Can't wait to see this video.

darkrom,
Tough luck darkrom. Obviously the price of things drop over time but not within a week of a products launch. Maybe in a few months from now the price will drop just like everything else but for now everyone is going to have to pay the same price... Happy Vaping! Also puff it up said the discount was a mistake. My whining didn't cause anything.

Futuretvowner,

OF

Futuretvowner said:

Words escape me. That seldom happens.

Am I supposed to think well of you for this?

That which goes around, comes around as they say. Next time you feel screwed (and I'm betting it won't be long), I hope you reflect on how you didn't really gain a bit by pulling others down.

IMO a hell of a way to start the new year, I hope it gets better for you as it goes on.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Doh!

YouTube issues, we'll have it resolved shortly, stay tuned.

ThermoVape,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OF said:
Futuretvowner said:

That which goes around, comes around as they say. Next time you feel screwed (and I'm betting it won't be long), I hope you reflect on how you didn't really gain a bit by pulling others down.

IMO a hell of a way to start the new year, I hope it gets better for you as it goes on.

OF

Glad to see I'm not crazy...at least this time. Oh well I'm going to stop this conversation and just keep my opinions on FutureTVowner to myself to avoid derailing this thread. Thermovape has what appears to be a new popular and quality vape, and doesn't need any BS drama this early on from ONE memeber. I'll wait patiently and buy it when I'm ready like any normal consumer, and not expect that to be a lifetime price of the product...I'll buy it for a price I agree to just like the rest of the transactions in the world LOL.

darkrom,
OF said:
Futuretvowner said:

OF

Why because I'm happy that people who purchase something two days after me have to pay the same price? When apple discounted the iPhone they gave a rebate to people who purchased it in the days before. From my perspective it would be a bad buy for me if everyone got the item at a discounted price before I even received mine.

Futuretvowner,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Futuretvowner said:
In the end it was just a mistake on puffitups part and I am very excited to receive my thermovape on weds!!! Happy Vaping

It was no mistake lol. They just did it to avoid you complaining all day. I said "the discount doesn't work on it" they MADE it work on it. You cried....they fixed it. I don't blame them for pulling it, but it wasn't a mistake. Enjoy your TV but don't get all butthurt when I get mine for less money in the future from another vendor offering a discount lol.

darkrom,
Top Bottom