Discontinued ThermoVape

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
A bunch of us have found the Maxpedition cases perfectly suited for carrying our TV stuff. The perfect kit case because it's so flexible in what it can carry. It all started with a message from QuantumTimeSpace here. He went for the smaller case, which I didn't find suitable for what I wanted to carry, and instead, like you, went for the Maxpedition "fatty" case. Rather than just repeat what I said in my long reply to QuantumTimeSpace, here is a link to that message.

Much has changed in the amount of TV equipment I have and what I carry since I posted that first picture, so here's a picture of my current setup:

Kit.png

I don't carry my AC stuff in the kit, but rather opted to carry lots of batteries. Here's a breakdown of the stuff you can see, and the stuff behind the flap on the left that you can't see.

On the left, visible, a dropper container with water to load the Sure-Flow, which I use with the T1 head. TV Stirrer/Poker, DART, Cleaning brush from a Volcano, two mouthpieces with UFOs, and a bottle of ISO. On the left, behind the main flap, is a bag of Q-Tips, a bag of toothpicks, and a T1 "head".

On the right is a T1 base with insulated adapter and Evo head (using a modified delrin heat sleeve), the 16 RCR123A batteries in PowerPax battery holders, and a great container that is airtight, waterproof, and floats. The container has two separate halves, so it can hold your botanicals and their ABV, or two different types of botanicals. I think the container is really the perfect choice:

DEWC.png

Here are some links to the manufacturers web sites; note that I didn't buy the case from the mfg, but rather from Amazon, but I wanted to provide mfg links so everyone could see the different models available.

The Maxpedition cases.
The PowerPax battery holders.
The DEWC (Double Ended Waterproof Container) containers.

By the way, now is an excellent time to buy batteries and PowerPax battery holders directly from ThermoVape. They are offering a 25% discount on everything they sell for the month of August, (coupon code "SUMMERTIME") and with existing discount on the batteries, they come to less than $3 each, which is cheaper than I've seen them anywhere else, even in quantity, and the PowerPax holders are also cheaper with the discount than anywhere else I've seen them.

(Third time I had to redo this whole reply; either the forum software is misbehaving tonight or I'm overly medicated! :) )

That is an AWESOME kit!!!

Anyone wanting to learn more about us can watch the Latest TechCrunch Makers!
Heres the link

Cheers,
Tim

Nic

The battery sleeve being examined at 6:05 in the TechCrunch Makers video looks suspiciously like the the one in the now-infamous second previously posted TV video. It looks much easier to grip. An LV T2 that runs on a 18650 is so close I can smell it. It smells like... victory.

Ash057

I saw that too. They are teasing us at this point.

The battery sleeve being examined at 6:05 in the TechCrunch Makers video looks suspiciously like the the one in the now-infamous second previously posted TV video. It looks much easier to grip. An LV T2 that runs on a 18650 is so close I can smell it. It smells like... victory.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Anyone getting or already have the T1 14mm and/or 18mm Glass connector? I ordered 1 or each with the 25% off and then both just shipped today..

Kuroth1,
That is an AWESOME kit!!!

Anyone wanting to learn more about us can watch the Latest TechCrunch Makers!
Heres the link

Cheers,
Tim

Sweet, Tim, thanks! That looks like the perfect setup. And a few bucks cheaper on Amazon, too.

I don't suppose anybody knows where to find battery cases for the 17650 batts (for the LV Evo) or if they even exist?

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: Nic

THCconsumer

THCconsumer,

1love

The case I want to use for my T1 has a small magnent clasp. Could this magnent pose any problems to the batteries? I want to be able to put my T1 and four batteries in this case but I don't want to do any damage to the batteries inadvertently.
Thanks

1love,

OF

The case I want to use for my T1 has a small magnent clasp. Could this magnent pose any problems to the batteries? I want to be able to put my T1 and four batteries in this case but I don't want to do any damage to the batteries inadvertently.
Thanks

Magnets will not harm the unit or batteries (within reason....).

OF

OF,
Reactions: 1love

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Anyone getting or already have the T1 14mm and/or 18mm Glass connector? I ordered 1 or each with the 25% off and then both just shipped today..

We haven't received any of the 18mm glass pieces yet and we are waiting for the next batch of the mouthpieces and 14mm. I don't believe any glass shipped out yesterday, but let me check. e-mail me your order # at tim@thermovape.com and ill check it out

SameOldTim,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
ThermoCoreTim - any word on when/if you guys will be starting/providing that "re-coring" T1 heater-core refurbishing service?? I have 2 T1 cores that show markedly decreased performance compared to my 3rd one (I have/use 3 T1s) (I did try PMing you about this awhile back but never heard back from you)

also, I have 3 switches (I recently purchased replacements) that do not work, can i have them "serviced/refurbished" or can i exchange them for new ones?? thanks!

Chance2Vape,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
ThermoCoreTim - any word on when/if you guys will be starting/providing that "re-coring" T1 heater-core refurbishing service?? I have 2 T1 cores that show markedly decreased performance compared to my 3rd one (I have/use 3 T1s) (I did try PMing you about this awhile back but never heard back from you)

also, I have 3 switches (I recently purchased replacements) that do not work, can i have them "serviced/refurbished" or can i exchange them for new ones?? thanks!

Yea shoot an e-mail to sales@thermovape.com the Core rebuild is 14.99 and does not include shipping either way. Also ask about the switches, we'll switch them out for ya ;)

Cheers,

Tim

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Used my T1 through out the weekend at the Beloved Fest. I have to say it does get hot faster, in warm weather, but I was happy to have it. I was also using my Solo for pass around. T1 for personal. I think some of my batteries are finally getting used up. I could get maybe 2-3 hits before it was way too hot to hold, and then it seems after I let it cool, it wouldn't fire up as well, so I ended up changing my batteries a little more often with a few sets. I guess I need to take some time to identify the weakest ones. Any way to do this with a voltage reader? I don't have a multimeter. I have a few new batteries put away, guess it's time to rotate them into the mix, once I separate the used up ones.

ugobo

I also attended an outdoor event this weekend (Heavy MTL) with my T1. You are right about the T1 getting warmer faster in hot weather jambandphan03. The battery also got warmer and many times i had to wait a while between the hits. And,surprise!,it took more time for the heating core to get warm in the evening thanks to the cool wind and the river nearby.

All in all my T1 served me well the whole time. And of all the people i saw consuming cannabis,only myself and my friend with his Iolite seems to used a vaporizer. We got a lot of funny looks!

Next mission for my T1;to be my official vaporizer for the Montreal World Film Festival starting in 10 days.
Esta la vista rolling paper and pipe!!!

ugobo,
Reactions: OF

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Yea shoot an e-mail to sales@thermovape.com the Core rebuild is 14.99 and does not include shipping either way. Also ask about the switches, we'll switch them out for ya ;)

Cheers,

Tim

Ah, thank you for the reminder about rebuilding. I need to do that to my core soon. She's seen about 6 months of heavy daily driver usage, haha. It's actually my second core, my first core was warrantied when Nate confirmed it via Skype as the 2nd confirmed core failure ever. It was no biggie of course, you guys had me fixed up in like 3 days (and plus Skyping one of the founders of your vaporizer is epic) :).

@ThermoCoreTim
Question, if I send in my core to you guys for a rebuild, what's the details of whats done/replaced? The reason I ask is I have a pre-serial # T1, which of course has the old hole design in the bowl and mouthpiece. I don't know if it's even worth going to the new design, I've never had problems with mine.

Thanks!

Peloton,

Nic

Just bought a TrustFire charger that will do my 10440s and 14500s, but the Output is 4.2V x 500mA. Now I'm pretty sure the 500mA is okay, should I be worried about charging at 4.2V (instead of 3.7V)? I needed something that can charge in the car, however I didn't check that it had variable switches for these settings.

Nic,

OF

Just bought a TrustFire charger that will do my 10440s and 14500s, but the Output is 4.2V x 500mA. Now I'm pretty sure the 500mA is okay, should I be worried about charging at 4.2V (instead of 3.7V)?

Actually 4.2 Volts is the correct value. 3.7 is the 'nominal' voltage, it drops from 4.2 'hot off the charger' to maybe 3.2 when exhausted.

However, 500 mA is too hot for the purists. The 10440s are typically about 350 mAh, so the general advice would be currents that size (350 mA) to half that. That is the target is to fully recharge in 1 to 2 hours. This helps keep them cool. The downside of the higher rate is probably shorter life, we're already beating them up badly, charging them that fast probably won't help.

As always, thanks for the quick and accurate insight OF!

EDIT: Just noticed the 14500s are 600mA, so that makes the 10440s the only problems, correct?

You're welcome, glad to help.

Yes, I think it sounds nearly ideal for 14500s. I'm not sure what to recommend for the car charging, but your idea of limiting it's use is probably a good one. I like the WF-188 for home use as it has switches for current and voltage (meaning it'll charge the 3.0 Volt batteries too). No car cord, though.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Nic

Nic

Well that's not great news. I guess I will only be using it for on-the-go emergencies and try to do all my charging at home. Does anyone have a better DC charging recommendation?

On the positive side, I presume this charger will work fine for my future T2's 18650 batteries (if such a thing were to ever occur)? As always, thanks for the quick and accurate insight OF!

EDIT: Just noticed the 14500s are 600mA, so that makes the 10440s the only problems, correct?

Nic,
Reactions: OF

Peloton

Vapes Hard
There was rumor of a possible 12v DC car adapter... but when I emailed asking about it, sounds like it's not in the cards. Real bummer.

Peloton,

Tom Funk

I think I recall someone mentioning earlier in this thread that the Power Adapter can be used as a normal portable handle if you put a TV battery sleeve and batteries into it. Can anyone confirm this?

Would there be any disadvantage to only having the PA and battery sleeve rather than having the portable handle (apart from not being to stand the TV on it's end)?

Are there parts of the PA that shouldn't get wet?

Tom Funk

Tom Funk,

OF

I think I recall someone mentioning earlier in this thread that the Power Adapter can be used as a normal portable handle if you put a TV battery sleeve and batteries into it. Can anyone confirm this?

Are there parts of the PA that shouldn't get wet?

That's a true rumor, the outer sleeve is the same except for the much bigger hole in the bottom.

I would not boil the PA out, there's no way it should get dirty inside, nor any problem if it does. However, I'd be worried about not getting it completely dry inside and inviting corrosion were you can't see it or get at it (the unit is pressed together).

I just wipe mine down as shown in the cleaning video.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom