Discontinued ThermoVape

bmann007

Thank you jambandphan03 and OF for the insight!!... OF im a recreational smoker and i also do alot of sports and lately my performance has been hindered do to stamina and i know it has to be because of what i smoked which is herb not oils/concentrates ..im looking for the alternative which is vapor! im looking at the TI but now my question is how long would a dub last me for example a blunt usually takes awhile around 30mins, would the TI be longer?? again i apologize in advance for the dumb questions.

bmann007,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Hey guys, [snip] "super arc magnet" [snip]

Any ideas, help or suggestions on this ongoing topic? of??

Here's a picture of what we need to find in the right size.

Motor_Arc_Magnet.jpg

Pipes
Ran into this site quite by accident, and immediately thought of you. I only had a cursory look, but it might be worth checking out.

Haywood,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I still wonder about some kind of pop in stir tool that can be inserted into the cap of the T1, then when you turn it, it stirs the load... how can we make this happen? I saw on the "puffit" thread, they have a part that is made of strong wire,that pops into the cap if you need a fast stir. Seems like a reasonably easy thing to come up with. I would experiment with a paper clip, but I don't know what they are made of, or if they are safe to heat/inhale...

jambandphan03,

OF

Thank you jambandphan03 and OF for the insight!!... OF im a recreational smoker and i also do alot of sports and lately my performance has been hindered do to stamina and i know it has to be because of what i smoked which is herb not oils/concentrates ..im looking for the alternative which is vapor! im looking at the TI but now my question is how long would a dub last me for example a blunt usually takes awhile around 30mins, would the TI be longer?? again i apologize in advance for the dumb questions.

Blunt? We're a ways from there.... That'll cut your wind for sure. Vaping should be a positive change for sure.

So you have concentrates. That can make it easy, but T1 is not the tool. It's for herbs. Concentrates do better in DART (Revolution if it's bubble). If you have oil of high enough grade, Omicron carts might be a better call. They hold up to a gram and feed themselves over several hundred hits. Otherwise the TV offering in the area, Revolution/DART typically gets loaded with .05 grams (say 20 dabs to the gram) for 6 or 8 heavy hits before reloading. DART is more flexible and can be boiled clean when it starts to have taste issues.

Omicron can be fairly picky with concentrates, DART is more forgiving. Anything less than supermelts, waxes and really clean oils will foul Omicron out in short order. DART you just boil when it fouls (takes much longer usually).

You have to decide how much THC you need in a session. It's a big span from a few of those .003 gram on average Omicron hits, to the nearly .010 typical hits on DART to get the same dose in one go.

Bud vapes are in general a bit harder to learn to use, there are exceptions of course.

I assume you're looking for a portable vape here? If it's a table top unit there are some interesting options there......

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Ran into this site quite by accident, and immediately thought of you. I only had a cursory look, but it might be worth checking out.
Cool Haywood. They do measure the size as I expected. They sell this one which looks like a good fit.
1 Pair 1" OD x 3/4" ID x 3/4" 90 Deg @ $8.99 a pair. here
I pulled the trigger last night on those 1/8" cube magnets from Amazon. So will see how that pans out. If anyone feels ambitious and looking for a thumb pad this would be a good quick remedy.
Thanks Haywood :tup:

I still wonder about some kind of pop in stir tool that can be inserted into the cap of the T1, then when you turn it, it stirs the load... how can we make this happen? I saw on the "puffit" thread, they have a part that is made of strong wire,that pops into the cap if you need a fast stir. Seems like a reasonably easy thing to come up with. I would experiment with a paper clip, but I don't know what they are made of, or if they are safe to heat/inhale...

I had posted this quite a while back but like you pointed out it's the material which is an un-known. Therefore, NOT a good idea. If you can get a stainless steel key ring, then it would likely be OK to use. The other problem would be how easy it would damage the top rim of your T1 bowl rim screwed on too tightly. For these reason's I stopped using it. Anyway, this is what it looked like:
P1030565.jpg

For what it's worth, it worked like a charm for the short time I used it.
A teflon piece would make a good alternative. Maybe something pushed through one of the holes in the lid?

Pipes

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That's what I am talking about Pipes, or at least the concept... I also had ideas of TV putting a couple of spikes or teeth coming down from the metal plate that is already in there, (sort of like a grinder) just to add some stir... but I don't really know how difficult that would be to mnf. the pop in would be an easy add on, if something that fit right could be worked out.

I'm still very curious about how the inside of the glass tops works, for keeping the herb from pulling through.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
That's what I am talking about Pipes, or at least the concept... I also had ideas of TV putting a couple of spikes or teeth coming down from the metal plate that is already in there, (sort of like a grinder) just to add some stir... but I don't really know how difficult that would be to mnf. the pop in would be an easy add on, if something that fit right could be worked out.

I'm still very curious about how the inside of the glass tops works, for keeping the herb from pulling through.
LOL, here is a concept I posted a few months back. An idea for clearing the holes and if left in the down position, would also act as fingers for stirring.
On a role here...?
HoleCleanerConcept.jpg

I found these modifications tend to be good on paper but when using, just become more stuff to clean in the long run. Also, seems the herb itself makes huge differences on how often stirring is needed and also if holes clog too fast.
But always fun to play.

Pipes

Edit:
Just had to laugh. Have my pouch on and at work. Just came up the hall which has a roll of un-used lockers. Was walking close to the lockers and could feel my pouch tugging. Looked behind me and the magnet in my pouch had opened 3 lockers up. :lol:
Too funny. Thought I'd share.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I don't know if that is still and issue, used to be true but I don't know about now.
Did a quick search and they can.
I'd better leave it at home for movie night at the old age home. :myday: Might take out a whole roll looking for a seat. :rolleyes:

Pipes,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Smooth flow is a must for me. Why run 100% dry when it adds less than an inch to the Vape.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

OF

Smooth flow is a must for me. Why run 100% dry when it adds less than an inch to the Vape.

Great point, DR. Neat little gadget for sure. What's more it gives you an expensive little part of your vape to drop into the nearest body of water (or down some storm drain) when the opportunity presents itself........

OF

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Great point, DR. Neat little gadget for sure. What's more it gives you an expensive little part of you vape to drop into the nearest body of water (or down some storm drain) when the opportunity presents itself........
OF
:lol:
Already happened, or predicting the future?

Nick Brand,

OF

Both. Our DR is a living magnet for 'Murphy'. He's able to get a small part to defy gravity to find a place to hide or avoid recovery.

His persistence in his quest is inspirational, he will not be denied! I still don't advise standing too close to him, though.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

bmann007

im about to order the T1 and well its asking for any special instructions at the bottom before i check it out wondering what that's for and has any body left special instructions on there.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
im about to order the T1 and well its asking for any special instructions at the bottom before i check it out wondering what that's for and has any body left special instructions on there.

If you had any specific packing or shipping instructions for them that's where they'd go. Good choice on the T1!

Peloton,

darkrom

Great Scott!

That would be me dropping the smooth flow AND extended mouthpiece into a river of shit water. Impossible to see even an inch down. If I was able to get it back I don't think I'd want to use it.

The smooth flow and extended mouthpiece are quite long together. I use the smooth flow an stock mouthpiece now. Less flimsy and less likely to jump into buttmud.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

OF

That would be me dropping the smooth flow AND extended mouthpiece into a river of shit water. Impossible to see even an inch down. If I was able to get it back I don't think I'd want to use it.

The smooth flow and extended mouthpiece are quite long together. I use the smooth flow an stock mouthpiece now. Less flimsy and less likely to jump into buttmud.

Don't forget the 'lighter than air' o-ring......

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
thanks and i just bought it so PUMPED!
Be sure to order extra batteries at the same time to avoid shipping charges down the road. If too late get the 10 pack from Amazon. Seems some folks first few batteries get used up quickly with the learning curve. I believe the trick is to change them out when get too hot. Even if still working. These batteries have no memory effect so just have lots ready to go.
Enjoy your new toy,
Pipes

Adobewan

Have you guys discussed the ThermoVape power supply being advertised.
One of the things I initially liked about ThermoVape was they were building their equipment modularly, so if you had a TV, you only had to buy new accessories, rather than a whole new units. Well, anyone like me, who had a TV and wanted to get an Evolution, realized there not entirely modular, I had to buy a new $150 unit. So I have both a TV and Evo both of which are beautiful and well crafted, and clearly making well respected forum members happy, but sit unused on my desk. The last few times I did use them was with Pipes PA which made a big difference, at an economic price(thnx bro), but then pocket portability (my primary interest in the TV) was no longer viable.
Now ThermoVape is offering their own power supply that costs nearly as much as a new Solo.

I confess I haven't read thru to see if this have been discussed, I apologize if I'm resurrecting something you guys have covered, and hope I haven't missed something very special about their PA, but when I saw their price for it, I felt a twist in my gut.
Please set me straight if I'm missing something.

Adobewan,

Snake

I decided to make an account after lurking around trying to contemplate the best vape for my needs. I was looking at a few other portable models, but I decided to pull the trigger because of the waning sale.

My choice was the TV Evolution. I haven't even received the vape yet and I am already impressed. The customer service from TermoVape was friendly and helped fix a minor problem at checkout. It's reassuring to know I can easily reach the company if I have problems in the future. It also reassured my decision. (High five TV)

Just thought I would throw that out there...I'm psyched for my package! Gonna be my first vaporizer.

Top Bottom