Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

That cord can take some fiddling. Once you have the "curl" sitting under the slider it works OK. But does need some adjusting when re-inserting. I did make a video demonstrating this point.

Thanks, Pipes, my problem comes later on. I get distracted you see.....

It doesn't seem to be an affliction others share. I have no trouble recommending it as is.

OF

OF,

togepi258

Weird... I couldn't combust if I tried

Hmm...maybe I'm mistaken then. Since my only other positive experience vaporizing, is with my volcano, I've never combusted. What I do know, is two of the 8 hits hit me pretty hard, and a bit of of the herb appeared to be kind of black (Maybe it was just REALLY brown).

I was doing what I could to keep it from combusting ( pulsing the on switch, breathing slowly). This next bowl, I'll just go balls out on it, and see what happens.

togepi258,
Hmm...maybe I'm mistaken then. Since my only other positive experience vaporizing, is with my volcano, I've never combusted. What I do know, is two of the 8 hits hit me pretty hard, and a bit of of the herb appeared to be kind of black (Maybe it was just REALLY brown).

I was doing what I could to keep it from combusting ( pulsing the on switch, breathing slowly). This next bowl, I'll just go balls out on it, and see what happens.
When you combust you will 100% know it because it will taste exactly like smoke from a bowl in your mouth. I've combusted from little pieces falling in the core before and I can instantly taste it.

Futuretvowner,

togepi258

When you combust you will 100% know it because it will taste exactly like smoke from a bowl in your mouth. I've combusted from little pieces falling in the core before and I can instantly taste it.

Thanks for the tip. That....makes a lot of sense haha. I'll continue experimenting. If I wasn't at work, I would keep going at it, until I figured it out.

togepi258,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I noticed my T1 scorched a few times at first, I think the coils also have a bit of a break in, and after a few uses, they will settle into their happy place on how hot they get, and you also get to know how far to push them. Now, I don't get scorched bowls unless I run it way too long with out hitting it, or if I hit it a few times past the point of needing to be stirred, exposing the same spot to the heat for too long.

careful with the repeating posts togepi258, there is an edit button at the bottom of each post, and you can go back and add txt if you were the last one on the page. The mod might drop you a note if you keep doing it. I did it too at first, it's no big deal, but mod warnings do add up.

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I find that if you don't shake/stir between hits, scortching can (and probably will) occur. You will see uneven ABV with some black bits and the taste gets funky.

So remember....
tumblr_lv5u5unG9m1qz9upvo1_500.jpg

:peace:

togepi258

Thanks for the warning JamBand, I did see that a few times while I was reading through this thread. I actually haven't done any repeated posts though =) All my posts have been responses. As for your info, that's incredibly helpful. I was wondering if it was something with the break-in process. My herb does seem to be getting slightly singed, but nothing too bad.

@Stu Thanks for the tip. I've been shaking every two hits, and stirring every four. I suppose maybe I should shake after every hit, and stir every two?

togepi258,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sorry, if I said repeat, I meant several in a row, like the 3 in a row just before these posts... even if they are different responses the mods would prefer if we use the edit feature... just looking out for you.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: togepi258

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu Thanks for the tip. I've been shaking every two hits, and stirring every four. I suppose maybe I should shake after every hit, and stir every two?

IME you can either shake (with the lid partially unscrewed) or stir. It's kinda like a martini in that respect. Shaking then stirring is probably overkill.
:2c:

Thanks for the warning JamBand, I did see that a few times while I was reading through this thread. I actually haven't done any repeated posts though =) All my posts have been responses. As for your info, that's incredibly helpful. I was wondering if it was something with the break-in process. My herb does seem to be getting slightly singed, but nothing too bad.

Your fine, no need to apologize, just a lot of unwarranted backseat modding going on in this thread.

Futuretvowner,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
IME you can either shake (with the lid partially unscrewed) or stir.

For me shaking is not stealthy enough, and opening the cap and physically stirring is smelly and even more extremely obvious. I can't exactly do it in the aisle at Safeway, y'know?

I use the..."cement truck technique"? I can't remember who first mentioned it or what they actually called it, but it goes something like this:

Remove cap all the way, but do not remove it, instead hold the entire device in your left hand and angle it so the tip is pointing down somewhat, and spin the cap with the mouthpiece left a couple times to tumble everything, then right the unit so the herb goes back in the bowl.

This method made a big difference for me in achieving evenly browned bowls.

togepi258

Dude, cement truck technique sounds incredible! Thank you so much for this. I'm going to go try it ASAP.

togepi258,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
planting another idea seed for the Thermovape team...

would it be possible for the T1 lid to have some little spiky teeth or posts similar to one side of a grinder, to stir the load simply by twisting the cap?? Dead center ends up being the hot spot in my bowl. That would solve a lot of stir issues. Is that even possible to design with the machines you guys are working with? Or maybe even just a pop in insert piece...

Norlin

Classic Rocker
And a screen! I currently have to cut screens to fit, I've never bothered using my t1 without them. It was obvious to me from the day I bought it that it would need them.

It's definitely something that needs to be included in the current design.

Edit: Ah, did not see your post until already edited. I was talking about the thing that the evolution has, perhaps I'm confused.

Norlin,
Reactions: ili

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
And perhaps a screen or a oversize ufo? I currently have to cut screens to fit, I've never bothered using my t1 without them. It was obvious to me from the day I bought it that it would need them.
What's an oversized UFO? That ones got me baffled!

J.R.R.Tokin',

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Love my VapeSaber Love how it feels in my hand.. Love how its made.. Could not stop looking at it during my first use...

Just got my T1 in the mail yesterday.. TV even threw in a gift..

Interesting how the T1 for sure dont produce as much of a cloud as my Solo but the "Affects" are just the same... Actually the less cloud of the T1 is more stealth...

Oh and jambandphan03 the grip tape worked great.. I did not understand the need for the grip tape until I actually used it.. Without the grip tape its like slippery on my thumb to move the switch.. The tap makes it SO much better...

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Interesting how the T1 for sure dont produce as much of a cloud as my Solo but the "Affects" are just the same... Actually the less cloud of the T1 is more stealth...
I think this is the case because the conduction method of the Solo is more indiscriminate in what it vaporizes than is the convection method of the TV. You'll notice that by the time the Solo is no longer producing thick visible vapor, that the material is very thoroughly toasted. Not just the trichomes, but the entire plant surface area. By comparison, because the convection method of the TV sees the chamber exposed to a more fleeting heat, only the most volatile of the oils is being evaporated off the load. I know I find that when a TV load is "spent", it still has a much more green appearance than a Solo load. I consider that a good thing, as I am not at all eager to be vaporizing the non-psychoactive, carbon-laden portions of the vegetative plant matter. That's why I hate the taste and vapor quality of my Solo by comparison to the TV. I would say that the size of the visible cloud is not at all correlative to the quality or potency of the vapor. Volatile oil vapor is much less visible than carbon-riddled vapor.

OF

I think this is the case because the conduction method of the Solo is more indiscriminate in what it vaporizes than is the convection method of the TV.

I consider that a good thing, as I am not at all eager to be vaporizing the non-psychoactive, carbon-laden portions of the vegetative plant matter. That's why I hate the taste and vapor quality of my Solo by comparison to the TV. I would say that the size of the visible cloud is not at all correlative to the quality or potency of the vapor. Volatile oil vapor is much less visible than carbon-riddled vapor.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think PP has pointed out the elephant to those in the 'big clouds' parlor?

An interesting test to do is to take the AVB from the 'inferior' vape and try it in the ones famous for 'bigger clouds' and see what happens. When I do it, I see the vapor but it's not the right vapor. Oh, it makes me cough and all, and it does have taste but you get more dizzy than high. The good stuff is for the most part gone.

I've nothing to prove by showy clouds, I'm after the THC and avoiding as much of the other stuff as possible. Why wouldn't I favor the TV over the Solo? I get it this is a Medical not Recreational perspective, but TV is aimed at the Medical users, right?

OF

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I think this is the case because the conduction method of the Solo is more indiscriminate in what it vaporizes than is the convection method of the TV. You'll notice that by the time the Solo is no longer producing thick visible vapor, that the material is very thoroughly toasted. Not just the trichomes, but the entire plant surface area. By comparison, because the convection method of the TV sees the chamber exposed to a more fleeting heat, only the most volatile of the oils is being evaporated off the load. I know I find that when a TV load is "spent", it still has a much more green appearance than a Solo load. I consider that a good thing, as I am not at all eager to be vaporizing the non-psychoactive, carbon-laden portions of the vegetative plant matter. That's why I hate the taste and vapor quality of my Solo by comparison to the TV. I would say that the size of the visible cloud is not at all correlative to the quality or potency of the vapor. Volatile oil vapor is much less visible than carbon-riddled vapor.

Excellent post...

Kuroth1,
Reactions: OF

OF

Excellent post...

Indeed it is. Hopefully some of the 'cloud chasers' will note the theme? Not that they shouldn't get what they want (and are willing to pay for) of course. Just a pity if they end up chasing false clues.....or encouraging others to do so?

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think PP has pointed out the elephant to those in the 'big clouds' parlor?

An interesting test to do is to take the AVB from the 'inferior' vape and try it in the ones famous for 'bigger clouds' and see what happens. When I do it, I see the vapor but it's not the right vapor. Oh, it makes me cough and all, and it does have taste but you get more dizzy than high. The good stuff is for the most part gone.

I've nothing to prove by showy clouds, I'm after the THC and avoiding as much of the other stuff as possible. Why wouldn't I favor the TV over the Solo? I get it this is a Medical not Recreational perspective, but TV is aimed at the Medical users, right?

OF
btw, OF, the effects I experience now are even stronger than those I had during my 14 years of combusting. I don't think you meant by anything you said to contradict this sentiment, but I just wanted to be clear that IMHO, the effects I get from exclusively vaporizing are not just cleaner and more "medicinal", but also stronger. My rationale for this is that once all the gunky tar that accumulates on the receptors of an active smoker have a chance to dissipate, those receptors are much more ready and able to latch to the active compounds. It's like a cleaner trajectory for the compounds to reach their destination, so less is more. That's how my body feels three months after nixing combustion, anyways, FWIW. Thanks guys, glad my perspective can offer some insight to others who may be stuck in the combustible cloud mentality of Bigger is Better.

PhreedomPhries,

OF

btw, OF, the effects I experience now are even stronger than those I had during my 14 years of combusting.

Thanks guys, glad my perspective can offer some insight to others who may be stuck in the combustible cloud mentality of Bigger is Better.

I understand (I think) what you mean. I'd term it more profound, not stronger? I don't get teary eyed, stumbling around dopey like I used to do combusting but I've written that off to lack of other junk I didn't really want getting in the way as well. It tended to mask the THC I was after to start with. Now I find if I really miss that too much a couple fingers of Sour Mash will substitute. Even brings back that funny taste and 'ridden hard' feeling in the morning. I find I don't miss that part as much as I did in the past.

I feel for the 'huge clouds' guys, they have a point. Lots of THC often comes that way. As do profound 'stone' effects. For sure often enough and good enough to keep 'em coming back.

"I'm not saying what it is, but it does sell well".

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I understand (I think) what you mean. I'd term it more profound, not stronger? I don't get teary eyed, stumbling around dopey like I used to do combusting but I've written that off to lack of other junk I didn't really want getting in the way as well. It tended to mask the THC I was after to start with. Now I find if I really miss that too much a couple fingers of Sour Mash will substitute. Even brings back that funny taste and 'ridden hard' feeling in the morning. I find I don't miss that part as much as I did in the past.

I feel for the 'huge clouds' guys, they have a point. Lots of THC often comes that way. As do profound 'stone' effects. For sure often enough and good enough to keep 'em coming back.

"I'm not saying what it is, but it does sell well".

OF
I suppose I agree. A person can load up a bong with tobacco and get all nice and teary eyed and stumbling around dopey just from the harsh smoke alone. Maybe even more easily than with cannabis. In fact, I tried smoking tobacco out of my water pipe once upon a time, and that was precisely the result of inhaling large amounts of carbon-filled, but THC-less, smoke into my lungs. It's all the other dangerous adulterants of smoke that get a person blitzed, NOT the THC. This is precisely why sitting around smoking poison is so silly to me now. It's not even the illicit substance in your pipe that is necessarily getting you "stoned". How's that for irony.

PhreedomPhries,
Top Bottom