Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yeah, that core was taught a lesson. Or was I taught a lesson!? :whoa: haha

They don't fire up?? maybe 225 for 20 minutes was too hot??
I pop it in my kitchen oven at 175 for 20 minutes. Never tried hotter.
Reset the switch maybe??
Good call on switch. Here's what i had to do. Reset switch alone did nothing. I switched multiple batts, but nothing still. Until I reset switch, puched up and engaged battery,(without dart or ava screwed onto it), then screwed dart on while battery switch was engaged, and whoosh of noise coming from my dart again. Probably a little water still in core. Did the same with ava core and success also. It seemed the screwing on the core while battery was engaged was the main factor for me. Thanks all

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
All right. After trying to do a 20-20-20 burn in, my dart crapped out. Won't fire back up. AVA works but dart seems dead.

@OF, does that secret that you won't release to the public regarding cleaning/troubleshooting, help with a core that won't fire? I'd appreciate any help you could provide if it does.

Silver420Surfer,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have a feeling the secret is the ultra sonic cleaner.

If it died it died. Is it clogged? Does the cart warm up at all?

Quetzalcoatl,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo

If it died it died. Is it clogged? Does the cart warm up at all?
Hmm, interesting
All right. After trying to do a 20-20-20 burn in, my dart crapped out. Won't fire back up. AVA works but dart seems dead.

@OF, does that secret that you won't release to the public regarding cleaning/troubleshooting, help with a core that won't fire? I'd appreciate any help you could provide if it does.
I'm thinking it's still a switch problem? Have you tried OF's method for resetting in between switching carts?

VapoRoor,

OF

Nope, it has noting to do with electrical issues, which if I gather you had but no longer do? That is the switch needed resetting after all the switching stuff around?

Nope. I don't consider ultrasonics hazardous. That is not it. The widespread interest in 'knowing the secret' has me concerned. What with the number of guys who tried to 'fish' me I suspect it would not stay a secret for long. Like all the other 'I read it on the internet' wisdom it's sure to be routinely and casually done and it's just not safe for guys who show the level of maturity we sometimes see here I fear.

But, honestly, it's not ultrasonics. That's just a bad idea, dangerous to the hardware perhaps but not your one and only body.

Hmm, interesting

I'm thinking it's still a switch problem? Have you tried OF's method for resetting in between switching carts?

I think that's what it turned out to be? Again, the key is to push the ring and then the switch as far toward the cart end as possible then screw the cart in. You want the cart to actually push the switch backwards. I use the switch reversed to push the ring in and keep a thumbnail against the rim of the switch so I can feel the cart move it back before putting the lot on top of the battery tube. I used to watch, but feeling I think is easier?

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I think that's what it turned out to be? Again, the key is to push the ring and then the switch as far toward the cart end as possible then screw the cart in. You want the cart to actually push the switch backwards. I use the switch reversed to push the ring in and keep a thumbnail against the rim of the switch so I can feel the cart move it back before putting the lot on top of the battery tube. I used to watch, but feeling I think is easier?

OF
No. No switch issue this time. I followed your instructions in my quote to the tee. LV Dart won't fire at all. No warmth. I have an Ultra max and Alpha ultra, won't fire on either one. Prior to cleaning vapor production very low. I just cleaned it to see if it was breaking or clogged. After 4 attempts out of the initial 20-20-20 sesh, it pooped out on me. Did the switch reset, pullout, push in, fingernail push, etc. At this point, I firmly believe the switch is no longer an issue(although at the very beginning of this it was). I will contact TET for my RMA# and also ask if they can switch it to the four holed bottom, as mine is currently only a two hole. i believe they were able to do it for another member. I am also sending in my AVA. It's firing, but seems to be "burning" my wax. It tastes more like "hash" than the great flavor of Rainbow Kush. It's like night and day between my VB Dabbler and Dart. I have been leaning to my Dabbler for awhile and after returning to my Dart and AVA, the flavor is not where I remember at all. So, they will both go back to got reprogammed by TET. Will follow up after said reprogramming. For now, back to the Dabbler, which serves me very well. Thanks for all the input and info folks!

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No. No switch issue this time. I followed your instructions in my quote to the tee. LV Dart won't fire at all. No warmth. I have an Ultra max and Alpha ultra, won't fire on either one. Prior to cleaning vapor production very low. I just cleaned it to see if it was breaking or clogged. After 4 attempts out of the initial 20-20-20 sesh, it pooped out on me. Did the switch reset, pullout, push in, fingernail push, etc. At this point, I firmly believe the switch is no longer an issue(although at the very beginning of this it was). I will contact TET for my RMA# and also ask if they can switch it to the four holed bottom, as mine is currently only a two hole. i believe they were able to do it for another member. I am also sending in my AVA. It's firing, but seems to be "burning" my wax. It tastes more like "hash" than the great flavor of Rainbow Kush. It's like night and day between my VB Dabbler and Dart. I have been leaning to my Dabbler for awhile and after returning to my Dart and AVA, the flavor is not where I remember at all. So, they will both go back to got reprogammed by TET. Will follow up after said reprogramming. For now, back to the Dabbler, which serves me very well. Thanks for all the input and info folks!
Same experience with the dabbler vs dart. I got my dabbler while my dart was being serviced. When i got my dart back it was just way too harsh and tasted no where as good as the dabbler even with the same oil. The ceramic on my dart was just cleaned and not replaced. And my dart was still working when i sent it in so i think they just replaced the tube and checked to see if it met their specs...but i could be wrong.

Anyway, different issues so maybe your dart and ava will come back working better than ever but just wanted to share my experience so at least you know.

Also, i would just ask, mention or write a note saying you want your ceramic replaced if possible. Ive seen members that got rebuilds after me with brand new ceramic without asking, but i would just do so just so theres no possibility of you getting your dirty ceramic back. Mine did come back grey and pretty clean but newer is always better

OF

No. No switch issue this time. After 4 attempts out of the initial 20-20-20 sesh, it pooped out on me.

Sorry my mistake, I got confused somehow. Bummer for sure but I think you've got it figured out. If it went cold mid way through an otherwise normal 20/20/20 burn that's pretty conclusive all right. It's the downside of pushing the DART to the wall I guess, the risk you run for the benefit, usually a better trade off. Or at least better luck.

Good show you've got a fall back.

Thanks for setting me straight.

OF

OF,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo

Yes, the 4 hole base is a serious perk. Keep in mind Zeki told me they would be able to swap a 2 hole base for a 4 hole If they had any left. So I'm guessing supplies are limited.
I wrote a note requesting what I wanted done, a member here got a "custom rewound" core or two, if you know that game might be worth a shot?

EDIT: Just read an email from TET this morning,

"The LV DART is different in it's wiring than the standard DART. All our Low voltage Revolutions are wired the same (ohms).

We don't do custom wiring anymore, and when we did, it wasn't under warranty."

Sorry for the confusion, I thought a member had recently had a custom rewiring.

I stashed my old Dart for a while, then when the new one arrived. It was like experiencing the epicness all over again.
Now that my Cera is here, Dart will be a for sure portable when I don't wanna get blasted by accident. Although Dart has the tendency to leave ya speechless if youre just puffin away ;)

Last edited:

StickyShisha2

the dart loader has started getting very loose into the Rev as the top of its tube is flaring. now it has 2 splits forming.

any advise?

StickyShisha2,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
the dart loader has started getting very loose into the Rev as the top of its tube is flaring. now it has 2 splits forming.

any advise?
What on earth was your DART doing while you rested??
In all seriousness, I've never heard of a tube flaring?? Did you torch it?

VapoRoor,

StickyShisha2

I've never heard of a tube flaring?? Did you torch it?

keeping it in my pants pocket causes it to bend slightly. its what broke 3 Ophos. but the Rev is stronger and took longer to show damage.

i "rolled in" the flared out edge but now that it has splits i know it will loosen up quickly again.

i'm thinking of trying to reenforce the Rev tube on the outside.

Trever

keeping it in my pants pocket causes it to bend slightly. its what broke 3 Ophos. but the Rev is stronger and took longer to show damage.

i "rolled in" the flared out edge but now that it has splits i know it will loosen up quickly again.

Ive had multiple ones that have done this, my solution was some shrink tubing to reinforce the upper walls and made myn last a few more months until nothing would stay because it was so broke

StickyShisha2

i don't see shrink tubing being able to help. I just got a piece of steel tubing that i can almost fit over it. I'll cut it down to about a half inch then try to make it fit.

StickyShisha2,

OF

An excellent idea, IMO, now that bodies are gone. I recall thinking of patching one that way when I saw a split one in the 'broken parts' box at TV. My suggestion would be to wrap fairly fine steel wire (say .020 or less?) around it for a quarter inch or so then sweat solder it to the Nickle plating on the outside? Flux under the wrap, it should sweat in just fine I'd think? Again, I haven't done it but am confident it would work well.

i don't see shrink tubing being able to help. I just got a piece of steel tubing that i can almost fit over it. I'll cut it down to about a half inch then try to make it fit.

That will work too. I'd suggest you split it so you can expand it enough to fit over then solder or epoxy it into place?

Good luck.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Cant they just use an AVA tube to repair it? I know thats how they fixed mine when I cracked my tube

Mynameismud,

Trever

Tubes are gone Zeki traded out one of my flared out ones about 2 months ago with an ava he had laying at home....... Same with the threads i have one sitting at home that got crossthreaded that is a gonner :(

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Fuck me... My AVA stripped its threads too... Oh well... Have a vivi nova so I'll keep the AVA around for a spare body/ceramics for my DART...

OF

Tubes are gone Zeki traded out one of my flared out ones about 2 months ago with an ava he had laying at home....... Same with the threads i have one sitting at home that got crossthreaded that is a gonner :(
Fuck me... My AVA stripped its threads too... Oh well... Have a vivi nova so I'll keep the AVA around for a spare body/ceramics for my DART...

That's my understanding as well, first the DART tubes, then AVAs.

However, my last understanding is the threaded parts were flush. They get trashed stripping them down and are scrapped out. Meaning rebuilding otherwise good tubes doesn't work? Naw, I'd check that part, I think the brass bases, insulators, pin and the crip ring and a bunch of wire for new heaters are all there. The cores are the same as Cera (I think, there was some talk about thicker ones, but I never saw any) so if they can build Cera EO cores......

It'd check?

OF

Trever

That's my understanding as well, first the DART tubes, then AVAs.

However, my last understanding is the threaded parts were flush. They get trashed stripping them down and are scrapped out. Meaning rebuilding otherwise good tubes doesn't work? Naw, I'd check that part, I think the brass bases, insulators, pin and the crip ring and a bunch of wire for new heaters are all there. The cores are the same as Cera (I think, there was some talk about thicker ones, but I never saw any) so if they can build Cera EO cores......

It'd check?

OF

That would be cool if the threaded parts are back in stock? As i was told multiple times the threaded base is not replaceable at this point in time.

Trever,

OF

That would be cool if the threaded parts are back in stock? As i was told multiple times the threaded base is not replaceable at this point in time.

Like I said, I'd check. I think they need them to do rebuilds which they're obligated to do. They might have a reserve for that, but isn't that what you wanted anyway?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Trever
Top Bottom