Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It's not that it's "garbage oil" it's just not the best stuff for dabbing. I mean it'll work, but once you try BHO you'll wonder why you put ABV oil in it. You'll probably find yourself cleaning it a bit more often than I do? Personally, I only put quality oils in my DART. Vapes easy, cleans easy, so I guess in these circumstances you'd enjoy some homemade oil much more than the ABV. You can totally run ABV and get oil though for practice. Get familiar with the process, etc. I'd really only start to do the little personal tweaks we all have for making oil once you've got some nug or shake/sugar trim since you're going to be doing extractions with regular stuff and then vaped stuff. I am pretty sure you'll also see oily oil that won't turn into shatter with ABV. I remember reading here that the reason oil turns shattery is because the cannabinoids are still in their acidic form (THC-a, CBD-a, etc), and decarb'd bud will be oily and not shatter. Making oil is not the hard part, IMO. Purging it is what you should be focusing on, and I think that'll be a bit easier to do with unvaped.

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Deadhead, it ain't worth it. Personal experience of mine is the reason for my statement.
The ABV just has TOO MANY IMPURITIES for a porous ceramic to soak it up in a moderate amount of time.
The ABV doesn't turn into liquid as fast or sometimes at all (depending on how well it was extracted)
Plus, it blackened the hell out of my ceramic disk and gummed it up way faster than any Co2 or BHO concentrate.
Again. This is from my own personal experience.
Vape on!

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Thanks for the input guys! I guess that's one of the benefits of getting on board the revolution so late--everyone here has plenty of experience and info to share.

Yeah, I'm just going to forget about making ABV BHO. I'll study up some more on the process of making BHO, so that my first batch meets my expectations. I'm excited to give this a go!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Thanks for the input guys! I guess that's one of the benefits of getting on board the revolution so late--everyone here has plenty of experience and info to share.

Yeah, I'm just going to forget about making ABV BHO. I'll study up some more on the process of making BHO, so that my first batch meets my expectations. I'm excited to give this a go!
you can still make it for practice, but then mix it with coconut oil and eat that shit!. use crystal leaf or bud for ur dart. my two cents

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
you can still make it for practice, but then mix it with coconut oil and eat that shit!. use crystal leaf or bud for ur dart. my two cents

Be careful! I mixed some with olive oil and had a rough experience. Wayyyyyyy toooo strongggggg!!!! Ddnt think it was possible.

If your really concerned You could always mix ABV and freshies. I think we already discussed this but when im low and cant fill a tube I use ABV to cover the extra space. It vapes cleanly without leaving residues/fouling up from my experience at first. Ater about a week of constant use there is a little residue Ive removed from my cart but it was very minimal and came right out witha dabber

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey there, so I cleaned my Dart yesterday. Afterwards I noticed so black around the two air holes. I wiped it off but there seems to be restricted air flow now. i can blow throuh the cart fine and air comes out the two holes but when I try and inhale normally i get barely any airflow. I soaked it in iso overnight and tried boiling for a couple minutes but that didnt really help. Could it be clogged even though I get air theough the holes when I blow, and what would be the best way to unclog it?

Mynameismud,

OF

Could it be clogged even though I get air theough the holes when I blow, and what would be the best way to unclog it?

Sure, it can be restricted at several points. Cleaning it more might clear it better. Flushing clean solvent thorough with Pipe's tubing invention got one flushed out for me I'd fouled up with bubble badly. Sometimes a dry burn will do it, have you done a 20/20/20 run or two on it? If not, I would.

What I think happens is you thin the oil out making a paint of sorts that can foul it out in a thin layer if you don't get it free. Boiling for a while while still wet with ISO from the soak helps here too I think.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sure, it can be restricted at several points. Cleaning it more might clear it better. Flushing clean solvent thorough with Pipe's tubing invention got one flushed out for me I'd fouled up with bubble badly. Sometimes a dry burn will do it, have you done a 20/20/20 run or two on it? If not, I would.

What I think happens is you thin the oil out making a paint of sorts that can foul it out in a thin layer if you don't get it free. Boiling for a while while still wet with ISO from the soak helps here too I think.

OF
Yeah i cleaned it yesterday which seemed to clog it, so I soaked it in iso overnight (i put it in the travel tube for a pvhes stem and shook every couple minutes before i went to sleep. I boiled for a couple minutes this morning which didnt really help.

I just did a couple 20/20/20s which seemed to help a little butIll have to go get some more tubing I only have 1 for my vivape and dont wanna iso it. So ill definetly try pipes method in the next couple days. At least its kinda working better in the meantime. Thanks for your help/awesomeness

EDIT: I think the 20/20/20s did the trick actually. Just attached it to my ultra and the airflow seems to to back to how i remember it being. Theres still reduced airflow compared to my inused Dart but the unused one has 4 holes and the one im using only has 2 so Im assuming that is why.

OF

I just did a couple 20/20/20s which seemed to help a little butIll have to go get some more tubing I only have 1 for my vivape and dont wanna iso it. So ill definetly try pipes method in the next couple days. At least its kinda working better in the meantime. Thanks for your help/awesomeness

EDIT: I think the 20/20/20s did the trick actually. Just attached it to my ultra and the airflow seems to to back to how i remember it being. Theres still reduced airflow compared to my inused Dart but the unused one has 4 holes and the one im using only has 2 so Im assuming that is why.

Great, thanks for the good word. I like happy endings.

I've never seen a four hole version (maybe I don't get out enough.....) but I can see how that would help in partial blockages. Are the holes still the same size? Since the restriction is part of the design I'd expect a minor drop in diameter?

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Isn't that interesting. I just checked the four DART cores I have handy, and three of them have four air holes (at 90°) while one of them only has two (at 180°). The one with two holes is a virgin (still has white ceramic) that I got from TET as part of one of the very last Ultra kits they found lying around after they were well into Cera production. (One can never can have too many DART cores or Ultra kits).

The other three cores (one is labeled as an AVA core) are much older than the virgin.

I wonder when (and why) TET switched from four holes to two. Reminds me I have to send three of them back for fixing; two are open and the virgin has bad threads...

Haywood,
Reactions: OF

OF

Isn't that interesting. I just checked the four DART cores I have handy, and three of them have four air holes (at 90°) while one of them only has two (at 180°). The one with two holes is a virgin (still has white ceramic) that I got from TET as part of one of the very last Ultra kits they found lying around after they were well into Cera production. (One can never can have too many DART cores or Ultra kits).

The other three cores (one is labeled as an AVA core) are much older than the virgin.

I wonder when (and why) TET switched from four holes to two. Reminds me I have to send three of them back for fixing; two are open and the virgin has bad threads...

Strange indeed. I have just the opposite. I have several revolutions, all 3 with 2 holes. At least one of them is still original, it's never been rebuilt (has my original marking). One of my two DARTs also has two. However, the last DART, the one I bought from that last lot of 50 (?) TV sold off has four? The newest of the bunch I think?

Checking the draw on the two DARTs, the four hole seems a little more free without the UFO, but with it I can't tell a difference? FWIW the four hole is new, never used, the two loaded with some lovely CO2 oil.....just in case.

OF

NoName

Strange indeed. I have just the opposite. I have several revolutions, all 3 with 2 holes. At least one of them is still original, it's never been rebuilt (has my original marking). One of my two DARTs also has two. However, the last DART, the one I bought from that last lot of 50 (?) TV sold off has four? The newest of the bunch I think?

Checking the draw on the two DARTs, the four hole seems a little more free without the UFO, but with it I can't tell a difference? FWIW the four hole is new, never used, the two loaded with some lovely CO2 oil.....just in case.

OF

Hmm,

Just checked... I have four Revolutions (1 'windowed' version and 3 'Darts'). All are 'LV' versions (3.7v) and all 4 carts have 4 holes spaced at 90 degrees.

NN

NoName,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Great, thanks for the good word. I like happy endings.

I've never seen a four hole version (maybe I don't get out enough.....) but I can see how that would help in partial blockages. Are the holes still the same size? Since the restriction is part of the design I'd expect a minor drop in diameter?

OF
The hole sizes are the same. Also the 4 holes serial number is higher than the 2 hole one some im assuming it was made later than the 2 hole one. I tried the tube/iso thing which didnt really make a difference so Im assuming its as good as its going to get. I can feel airflow through the two hole when i blow through the top, but there is still some restriction when inhaling(especially compared to the unused 4 hole one). I can puff on it like a cigar with no problem however if i try inhaling directly into my lungs (if that makes sense) its almost impossible

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Why do you guys have so many spares? I can understand having one spare, but three that's crazy.

Deadhead101,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
At the least, 3 - one to use, another while the dirty one is being cleaned (or just procrastinating), plus a spare in case anything breaks.

-NDA
Man I was pretty set with my two, but your system seems even better!
My DART has two, AVA has four, both LV.
I like how everyones checking their holes since i posted that comment!

OF

At the least, 3 - one to use, another while the dirty one is being cleaned (or just procrastinating), plus a spare in case anything breaks.

I agree, 3 should cover it. If you're careful.

You'll need 3 more for SV, of course.

And then there's DART......

I actually ended up with 3 bodies because of Beta testing. Those were crazy days. They'd rewind them and give them back with different powers or configurations and want to know all sorts of details about how the 3 related to each other. A/B testing, a unit in each hand with the same weight load, same battery charge and same timing. You can only do so many test like that in a day I'm here to tell you.....

I got pretty good at cleaning carts between runs.

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Hmm,

Just checked... I have four Revolutions (1 'windowed' version and 3 'Darts'). All are 'LV' versions (3.7v) and all 4 carts have 4 holes spaced at 90 degrees.

NN
I forgot about my 6v DART; so I have 5 DART cores, all full wrap (No windowed Revos). My 6V DART has four holes too...

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

My LV dart has the 4 holes, AVA LR has 2 holes. Have SV dart and LV Side loader coming back tomorrow from TET rebuild, wonder what they are.

Silver420Surfer,
Top Bottom