Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Continued from previous message:

I believe PG originally came in vials, before the ampules. Well, the company had problems with out of stock on the ampules and started putting them back in vials(sealed with little corks). Those vials are about 4 times the circumference of the DART extender(?) so it fits just fine. The problem is it doesn't scoop anything. I was thinking about a design where the tip of the extender is almost a little spoon that captures PG/wax like the little plastic stick used for blowing bubbles.

Tetralabs still sells PG packaged both ways, in the little corked vials or in sealed ampules. Either your vials are different from my vials, or your DART extension is different from my DART extension. The vial packaging of PG is on the left in the picture below.

R_product_PureGold_2012.gif

My DART tip isn't long enough reach down to the PG in even a full vial before the thick part of the DART extension above the "dart" part of the DART hits the top of the vial. The vial diameter is much smaller than the top part of the DART extension. So I don't understand when you say "Those vials are about 4 times the circumference of the DART extender(?) so it fits just fine." If the vial were the same diameter as the glass container that the ampules were packaged in, then I could understand, but they're not. I guess I'm missing something here...

In your estimation if I preload 2-3 drops to take the rig out with me is there much chance of the PG leaking out of the DART cart altogether or is it essentially sealed?
It's not sealed, but I take mine out all the time preloaded with two drops, and unless you carry it upside down in a warm pocket, all will be fine. If you carry it upside down in a warm pocket, some of the PG may migrate onto the sides of tube, but after a hit or two the tube is warm enough that the PG travels back down where it belongs. If you put too much PG into the Evo/DART/AVA (more than three big drops), and you keep your rig in a warm pocket, it may well leak even if it's not upside down (the little air holes in the bottom above the threads where you screw the core into the battery).
I suppose to "travel" with the DART I need to make sure the DART/extender is attached to the mouthpiece so it is sealed?
Nope. First, the DART entender doesn't seal anything. If it did, you couldn't get a hit. Second, if you did carry your rig upside down, and it was at body temp or warmer, and you did load more than two drops, and it did run down the insides of the tube, and it did get into the holes in the UFO part between the DART "dart" tip and the metal extension, and it did run down the hole in the extension, it would be much harder to reclaim things than if it were just coating the inside of the tube. If you're worried about carrying your rig upside down in your pocket, then we need to find something to either plug the end of the tube (instead of the mouthpiece), or to plug the mouthpiece. I think you're looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, as long as you don't overload.

Thanks all.
My (our) pleasure. Soon you'll be helping us.

VirginHarvester

R_product_PureGold_2012.gif

My DART tip isn't long enough reach down to the PG in even a full vial before the thick part of the DART extension above the "dart" part of the DART hits the top of the vial. The vial diameter is much smaller than the top part of the DART extension. So I don't understand when you say "Those vials are about 4 times the circumference of the DART extender(?) so it fits just fine." If the vial were the same diameter as the glass container that the ampules were packaged in, then I could understand, but they're not. I guess I'm missing something here...
I turn the vial on its side somewhere between 45 and 90 degrees. When the PG flows towards the top of the vial I roll, twist, and dip the tip in the PG. That's all.

VirginHarvester,

VirginHarvester

I put the budder onto the dart tip first and then dip it into the PG. Honestly, I haven't tried doing it the other way around, but I might just do that when I get home tonight.
Thanks up, seems to make more sense to put the budder on the dart first and use the area the budder creates to cover in PG. Would imagine you get a much nicer load of PG as long as you have room in your chamber. I'm going to go that route just as soon as I vape off some of the excess in my DART.

Thanks up, seems to make more sense to put the budder on the dart first and use the area the budder creates to cover in PG. Would imagine you get a much nicer load of PG as long as you have room in your chamber. I'm going to go that route just as soon as I vape off some of the excess in my DART.

Right on! :tup:

I totally agree; the PG sticks to the budder much better than it does directly on the dart tip.

One quick dip in the PG puddle leaves a nice, thin coat of golden oil on the dab. On the other hand, you can spin that glob in the PG as long as you like and really soak it up good. Think of it like fondue... only way more awesome. :o

Krazzykid

I have to say it kind of sucks that I finally finish reading this 100+ page thread only to find out that the Thermovape website is basically out of everything. I know they are getting ready to roll out a bunch of new stuff and had to get rid of all the old stock. With new things come (potentially) new problems, and I feel the need to wait again for reviews on the new.
I really wanted to order the dart rev but don't want a makeshift one made from other parts, even though they might be basically the same. I really hope they don't discontinue this model as OF states they may be doing

Krazzykid,

OF

I really wanted to order the dart rev but don't want a makeshift one made from other parts, even though they might be basically the same. I really hope they don't discontinue this model as OF states they may be doing

Hey, I'm guessing, but believe they will no longer make 'Revolution' marked tubes to build DARTs from as we know them. The AVA part will continue.

IMO it's not makeshift in that the parts are mechanically and functionally identical before the name is engraved on the side. It's not really like ordering a Rolls and getting a Bentley instead. "Under the hood" is DART not AVA.

A Forum Member also told me off line he bought a DART from a TV vendor a bit ago, I bet TV could suggest a few to call and see if they had 'Revolution' marked stock?

Your call, but I see no useful difference I guess. Another option is open now that wasn't a bit ago, you can get the Revolution (with the original window) and the (modified) DART top and have 'the best of both worlds'.

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Krazzy: This is the dilemma we all have with lots of stuff we want. Get the current, well known (and hopefully well received) model, or wait and hope the new model is somehow much better. None of us here know exactly what TV has up their sleeve. They've indicated the wait shouldn't be long, but as you said, waiting for reviews is usually the best plan when new models of anything come out.

That said, what OF just pointed out is true; TV will make you whatever you want, and the only difference will be what the engraving on the outside says. That isn't (and wasn't) a problem for me when I bought a second DART core last month that happens to say AVA on the outside instead of Revo/DART.

It's unclear to me from your messages whether you want a solid cylinder tube (a DART core or an AVA core) or you want a Revolution core with the cutout in the side of the cylinder. In either case, you can get the DART extender part which will work in both.

Haywood,

quattrocrazy

Hey guys! I have been lurking this site for a while getting information to figure out what vape to buy next. I have a G-pen... It works... the air flow sucks and I have to hit the button a million times. My battery died, cart failed. Got jerked around a lot so now I want something good and some customer service. I relly like the DART because of it's size and it's metal. I am a 200+ day a year snowboarder and I'm worried about battery life and the ability to fire up the DART in 0 degree weather. batteries get killed in the cold and I use a handwarmer to keep my iphone alive. I'm looking for a smallish battery that will take some abuse and at the same time not be bulky and of course get the DART up to temp. I have quite a few ego 650's and I was thinking of getting the ego-c twist for the mtn but I don't know if it can take it. I have seen some generic battery tubes for 15.00 that didn't seem too bulky. Has anybody had luck with generic battery tubes and good batteries with a DART in super cold weater? Would the 6V possibly be my only option if I plan on being in that kind of weather?

something like this:
http://www.mtnvapor.com/Mini-Mountain-Vaporizer-18350-Battery-Tube-MMVBT.htm

quattrocrazy,

jpdnkstr

Hey guys! I have been lurking this site for a while getting information to figure out what vape to buy next. I have a G-pen... It works... the air flow sucks and I have to hit the button a million times. My battery died, cart failed. Got jerked around a lot so now I want something good and some customer service. I relly like the DART because of it's size and it's metal. I am a 200+ day a year snowboarder and I'm worried about battery life and the ability to fire up the DART in 0 degree weather. batteries get killed in the cold and I use a handwarmer to keep my iphone alive. I'm looking for a smallish battery that will take some abuse and at the same time not be bulky and of course get the DART up to temp. I have quite a few ego 650's and I was thinking of getting the ego-c twist for the mtn but I don't know if it can take it. I have seen some generic battery tubes for 15.00 that didn't seem too bulky. Has anybody had luck with generic battery tubes and good batteries with a DART in super cold weater? Would the 6V possibly be my only option if I plan on being in that kind of weather?

something like this:
http://www.mtnvapor.com/Mini-Mountain-Vaporizer-18350-Battery-Tube-MMVBT.htm
Alpha Ultra + LV Dart heating core(no Dart tip, PTFE UFO directly on Dart heating core ) + AW IMR 14500(with a spare or two?)

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

Heaven on the mountain!

I don't see why the 14500's wouldn't perform in the cold, someone with better knowledge batteries might respond, but I stand behind this recommendation.

EDIT: the only issue may be bulky winter gloves with such a small handle!

jpdnkstr,

OF

I don't see why the 14500's wouldn't perform in the cold, someone with better knowledge batteries might respond, but I stand behind this recommendation.

I agree, the TV Ultra supply and LV DART is a great combination. I like the stock version (rather than removing the DART tip and changing mouthpiece type) but it's an individual thing you can decide for yourself.

AFAIK Li-ion and IMR batteries are OK at lower temperatures, how low that can be taken in practice I'd like to hear about. IIRC they do just fine in military applications, and those guys are big on having their gear work where people shouldn't be.

As far as the gloves/dexterity part goes, contact Pipes about his magnetic buttons. He's making them with a tab sticking out if you want which should help control the slide a lot. I also think he's making them for the smaller size supply now, if not I'm sure you could get him to consider it.....

Good luck, but I think you're on the right track with JPD's suggestion.

OF

quattrocrazy

Alpha Ultra + LV Dart heating core(no Dart tip, PTFE UFO directly on Dart heating core ) + AW IMR 14500(with a spare or two?)

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

Heaven on the mountain!

So, you're saying I should buy the dart heater core, don't get the scooper piece, and get the PTFE UFO mouth piece instead and still top load it? I see that the DART is sold out. I order a windowed cart and I get an AVA cart with revolution parts in it? I'll be super bummed if I have to use this G-pen for another week and I can't get a revolution cart...

I'd like to spend a small amount of money on a battery MOD right now so a good cheap one would be more desierable unless it's one of those things where you will buy 5 MODS to one ULTRA in a year... I know there have to be some good generics though.

Are there any converting to thermovape promo codes? :bowdown:

quattrocrazy,

Krazzykid

OF and Haywood I guess my confusion comes from Thermovape's website. It directly says "The DART is currently sold out, if you would like to still have the functionality of a DART you must first order the standard "window" Revolution and in your order Notes you must state "Replace the Window Revolution with an AVA Core and Dart loading tool"
Then you go over to the AVA and it clearly says "This is not for use with Botanical Concentrates, this is made to be used with vegetable glycerol (recommended) or propylene glycol. If you want a unit for vaporizing botanical concentrates you need our Revolution Universal Concentrate Vaporizer:"

So if I am going to get an "AVA core and dart loading tool" like the site says and something happens to it while I'm using botanical concentrates it won't be under warranty. I may be wrong but that is what the site says. That is what I meant by having makeshift parts. I know Tim has came on here and said they will use the heating core from the Dart not the AVA but the site says otherwise
Edit: The site should read AVA body with Revolution core and Dart loading tool to save the confusion and possible warranty problems.

Krazzykid,

OF

So if I am going to get an "AVA core and dart loading tool" like the site says and something happens to it while I'm using botanical concentrates it won't be under warranty. I may be wrong but that is what the site says. That is what I meant by having makeshift parts. I know Tim has came on here and said they will use the heating core from the Dart not the AVA but the site says otherwise
Edit: The site should read AVA body with Revolution core and Dart loading tool to save the confusion and possible warranty problems.

I think we've been through this 'makeshift' part before? We disagree on the usage of the term perhaps, but the fact remains following the instructions you cited should get you the unit Tim has said you'll get.

Your warranty will not be effected in any way I can see. This (approved) use will not be considered abuse at a later date I'm sure. Where on the site do you actually see it say "using botanical concentrates it won't be under warranty"? I don't find that at all.

I suggest your advice on how to improve their web page should be addressed directly to TV, IMO this is not the right venue for that. While you may be having problems with what's there, many others it seems are not. I, for one, am very happy that TV is offering this 'work around', they could just as easily say 'sorry, we don't make them any more'. They get to make those choices....it is, quite literally, their business.

You're welcome to do what you want, of course, but Brother Haywood and I are trying to get you what you want. Take our advice or not, your call. FWIW I think you can trust Tim.......

OF

Krazzykid

OF you are correct the site doesn't say "using botanical concentrates it won't be under warranty" it does say the AVA is not for use with botanical concentrates. That would be using it out of it's intended use and in my experience 99.999% of the time that would void the warranty on almost any product.
So do you not understand my concern?
I am not trying to improve their webpage, if I were I would have many more things to fix. I am simply trying to get the correct information. If they are using the AVA body and heating core why would I want it when the AVA heating core is not intended for this type of use?

Krazzykid,

OF

If they are using the AVA body and heating core why would I want it when the AVA heating core is not intended for this type of use?

Because, once again, it is not the same heat core inside the AVA labeled tube. I've told you as much a couple of times (or at least tried to), as has Haywood and most importantly Tim. You really can trust Tim, IMO.

You are ordering a Revolution, not an AVA. You're asking for them to use the other tube, not core. Asking them to ship it to you in a sparkplug box won't make it a car part.....

I'm at kind of a loss here, I don't know how else to explain it. Perhaps someone else can?

OF

EDIT: Maybe if I describe the units as I understand them 'from a system standpoint' I can make it clearer? The AVA and DART share a lot of parts, probably more than not. The bottom contact pin (where the heater wire crimps in) is the same. As is the PTFE button that supports it and the brass base the button is pressed into (has the threads). Inside that is the heater core rod, again the same both times. The wire used to make the heater is no doubt the same material, but is probably a different diameter and length to tune the output as needed. Around the heater is a ring of special porous ceramic with a cover plate of the same material, which forms the floor of the upper chamber. While these guys are the same material and shape, I believe they differ in pore size to better suit their intended use. Outside this is pressed the plated sleeve which traps everything just discussed in it's proper place and completes the electrical connection to the other end of the heater wire. These parts differ only in the engraving on the outside. Either will trap either set of internal parts correctly, holding everything in place....everything is basically the same size physically.

DART, of course, also gets the 'DART parts' rather than the AVA mouthpiece. But the basic units differ only in the details of wire, ceramic pieces and the engraving on the tube. When you ask for the AVA tube the only difference between what you get and what you'd get normally is the engraving. The heater and ceramic parts (the important bits) are exactly the same as in DART normally, not AVA.

Noah told me one at one point, that their minimum run of parts is 15,000. And they don't like to do small runs like that. Their 'magic' is based on parts made from round rods automatically fed into a very expensive complex computer controlled machine that's (manually) 'tooled up' for the run with a dozen or more tools. Once set up, they run round the clock making a near perfect part in a minute or less time after time after time. The shop is run by one guy, who moves those parts in as rods by forklift and out by the bucket full. Literally. My 'take' is DART got popular, but they don't want to make 15,000 more tubes??? OF

OF

Will there maybe be a halloween sale on TV products?

If not, I can think of something they can do next month sure to make us really really 'Thankful for the Bounty', can you? More importantly, can they????

OTOH, right after 'the first Tuesday in November' many may be looking for relief 'as fast as possible, hang the price'.......

OF

OF,

quattrocrazy

If not, I can think of something they can do next month sure to make us really really 'Thankful for the Bounty', can you? More importantly, can they????

OTOH, right after 'the first Tuesday in November' many may be looking for relief 'as fast as possible, hang the price'.......

OF
I always love a deal! Makes me always buy more...

quattrocrazy,
Reactions: OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
OF and Haywood I guess my confusion comes from Thermovape's website. It directly says "The DART is currently sold out, if you would like to still have the functionality of a DART you must first order the standard "window" Revolution and in your order Notes you must state "Replace the Window Revolution with an AVA Core and Dart loading tool"
Then you go over to the AVA and it clearly says "This is not for use with Botanical Concentrates, this is made to be used with vegetable glycerol (recommended) or propylene glycol. If you want a unit for vaporizing botanical concentrates you need our Revolution Universal Concentrate Vaporizer:"

If you stated in your order notes to build the AVA as a Rev then we will build the inside of the core to the Rev specs (either SV or LV). This gives you a Revolution as true as i could be, the ONLY difference is the etching on the outside.

This is to help the last of you who didn't get into a Revolution while they were in production to get the functionality of one. Theres not many left so if you're looking to have a spare or two you should pick them us ASAP before we run out.

Cheers,
Tim

hawper

Hey everyone, just got my Thermovape Ultra a few days ago. So far I've been loving it + DART combo. Just been dropping BB sized oil balls in and everything is awesome.

Until earlier today... I finally started getting a little oil happy I guess you could call it, and I loaded an extra couple drops into the tube. I noticed a tiny bit leaking out the bottom of the DART. Just after this I couldn't get the unit to heat up. Tried switching batteries, still nothing.

Thinking maybe it was flooded/clogged, I let the DART soak in ISO for a bit, cleaned it out and it looks good as new. Except it still won't heat. I've tried using both batteries, making sure they are charged, and only loading between .1-.2.

Any idea what could be causing this? I've done everything I can think of (fresh batts, clean, make sure everything is screwed together well). Would overfilling cause the DART to just die? Any way to go about fixing it? Kinda bummed as I felt I was finally getting 'into the groove' of this thing and really starting to enjoy it.

hawper,

OF

Any idea what could be causing this? I've done everything I can think of (fresh batts, clean, make sure everything is screwed together well). Would overfilling cause the DART to just die? Any way to go about fixing it? Kinda bummed as I felt I was finally getting 'into the groove' of this thing and really starting to enjoy it.

No, overloading it should not be a problem past overloading it (and having to hang in there to vape the excess off). I'm guessing along the way the switch shifted back on it's o-ring, which happens sometimes. It's lead to blindly changing out the cart first to no effect.

Give this a try. Take the cart and battery off the adapter assembly (leaving only it and the switch and ring). Then push the switch out the bottom and pry the ring out of the hole it sits in. Then put the ring back into the hole and use the switch backwards or other tool (like a new pencil) to push it down squarely into the bottom of the hole. Then put the switch back in the right way, pressing it as far as possible (I use my fingernails on the plastic rim of the switch). Then screw the cart back in, as you do so the switch should be pushed back a little bit into solid contact with the cart (what I think failed on you). That should put it right.

Occasionally a switch gets a piece of debris caught inside that causes failure (I believe this happens more often than such an early cart failure), always a possibility. If resetting the switch doesn't get you going, contact TV and tell 'em what you're seeing, I'm sure they'll get you going again quickly, hopefully without having to decontaminate the cart and send it in......let alone not being able to enjoy your new found friend....

Good luck.

OF

CuttyBuddy

If you stated in your order notes to build the AVA as a Rev then we will build the inside of the core to the Rev specs (either SV or LV). This gives you a Revolution as true as i could be, the ONLY difference is the etching on the outside.

This is to help the last of you who didn't get into a Revolution while they were in production to get the functionality of one. Theres not many left so if you're looking to have a spare or two you should pick them us ASAP before we run out.

Cheers,
Tim

Hey Tim, sent you an email.

Don't know if you got it but it was a few days ago. Ordered a Rev and EV. Tried the Ev with Variable temp Joyetech and still no Vapor. As far as the revolution, I sure would like to get at least one of these units up and running. Could you steer me in the right direction? Thanks

CuttyBuddy,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
The LV DART is coming back into stock, correct? They haven't discontinued this for some reason, have they?

GReYAReA,

OF

The LV DART is coming back into stock, correct? They haven't discontinued this for some reason, have they?

It's my understanding, no there are no plans to make more "Revolution" marked tubes, therefore no more DARTS (either LV or SV). For now you can custom order one with the AVA tube but that will go away as well (I assume when the ceramic bits for them are exhausted, except perhaps for a warranty/service reserve?).

It will presumably be replaced by the next generation, when they are ready. But as the minimum parts run for them is 15,000 pieces (at least I was told that at one point) I don't expect more of the old model.

"Get 'em quick before they're all gone".

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It's my understanding, no there are no plans to make more "Revolution" marked tubes, therefore no more DARTS (either LV or SV). For now you can custom order one with the AVA tube but that will go away as well (I assume when the ceramic bits for them are exhausted, except perhaps for a warranty/service reserve?).

It will presumably be replaced by the next generation, when they are ready. But as the minimum parts run for them is 15,000 pieces (at least I was told that at one point) I don't expect more of the old model.

"Get 'em quick before they're all gone".

OF
Wait.. the AVA tube is going away? I tore my damn rotator cuff and cannot go to work for the next two weeks minimum, which kind of threw off my plans of getting what I wanted (ThermoVape Ultra + the AVA). Are you talking about the actual AVA's not being sold anymore? And I assume that "when they are ready" means they aren't ready yet? Boo... this ruins everything :( maybe looking at Thanksgiving instead of a week or so now, because my next paycheck is going to be a grand total of around $70 instead of eight times that :(

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom