Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Everyone,

Make sure you check out the Tenergy page....

Let us know if you see anything special.... :science: Your gonna love us!

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,
The Summer Time sale is over, but our labor day sale is full bore!!!! Use code: LABORDAY

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Tim - the discount worked and i got the evolution kit and extras advised by OF and Bluntcrush.
One add on i was really interested in was the 'Pure flow filter' but you were SOLD OUT!!! how long until you have more on sale? is there any way to back order??

It is, that is it covers the lot. Some silly holiday honoring Labor we Colonials use as a day off and the unofficial end of summer. I suggest you take full advantage. Just remember it expires fairly soon.

T1 is an excellent vape as well, but for bud not concentrates. Best flavor, but you need to stir. It also can't be run from LV supplies which means the smaller Ultra is out. Since you said 'solid hash' was the fodder, Evolution makes the most sense to me.

Got thinking, next time I've got some time to play with stuff I think I'll give it a try with the pad and some solid hash I've got here.

You're quite welcome, and thanks for mentioning it. Not sure what it's like 'over there' but around here folks generally don't show such manners much any more. It's a bit of a treat as they say.

Best wishes,

OF

Well OF, I do love you Americans and your sales. I went on a shopping frenzy on a black friday once in LA whilst stoned of medicinal ear wax. You don't get sales like that in the UK and you don't get ear wax either unless its of the bodily kind.

With your advice I ordered the Evolution LV kit white - an extra cartridge and 3 batteries.
I honestly feel relieved because that website takes a lot out of you! (Take note Tim) There are so many products that are all disjointed with the assumption that a pot head knows what items such as an atomizer is! (I still don't).

I would never have been able to make an informed choice so quickly without your help, so many thanks for taking the time share your knowledge.

I CANT WAIT TO BLOW PURE HASH CLOUDS!!! YIPEEE!!

All the best

Mr Five-Hundred

OF

Well OF, I do love you Americans and your sales. I went on a shopping frenzy on a black friday once in LA whilst stoned of medicinal ear wax. You don't get sales like that in the UK and you don't get ear wax either unless its of the bodily kind.

With your advice I ordered the Evolution LV kit white - an extra cartridge and 3 batteries.

Outstanding. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, IMO there's a lot of 'pride of ownership' that comes from such well made gear. It's fun to just look and enjoy the details.....before or after using it.

I enjoy 'the Brits' quite a lot. Not only did I work with a bunch of displaced souls (did you know your guys are a 'big noise' in the small world of top end Electron Microscopists? Neither did I, before...), but many years ago had several occasions to visit. Including almost 3500 miles in a 3 week tour in a rental car (from Salsbury counter clockwise 'round the joint). Great adventure, great folks.

The TV sale is a fairly common happening, a most welcome 'thank you' to the loyal Forum members. Great folks, TV. They're 25 or so miles from me, I've visited several times, even tested some of their products for them. To say they're passionate about what they do is a bit of an understatement. Serious high tech work, 3 state of the art Swiss 'screw machines' make all the bits in 15 to 50,000 piece runs. A part every 45 seconds or so per machine. Perhaps a dozen souls total. One of the Principals is a MD who lost his father to lung cancer....man is truly driven to make the best 'e-cig equipment' possible.

We also get that some kind of ear wax here at a personal level, seems another thing we have in common with you besides this funny language we pinched off you so many years ago? Did you know we came inches away from adopting German instead? The "Pennsylvania Dutch" being quite numerous at the time. I bet the world would have turned out a bit different if that had happened........

Best wishes with your new toys.

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Looks like I just picked up 12 batteries + shipping for $2.20 a battery. Amazon is $3.17 a battery. Used coupon LABORDAY. Thanks TV.

With the 25% discount it should come to right about $1.75 each cell. $13.99-25%=$10.49 / 6 Cells = $1.73
Outstanding. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, IMO there's a lot of 'pride of ownership' that comes from such well made gear. It's fun to just look and enjoy the details.....before or after using it.

I enjoy 'the Brits' quite a lot. Not only did I work with a bunch of displaced souls (did you know your guys are a 'big noise' in the small world of top end Electron Microscopists? Neither did I, before...), but many years ago had several occasions to visit. Including almost 3500 miles in a 3 week tour in a rental car (from Salsbury counter clockwise 'round the joint). Great adventure, great folks.

The TV sale is a fairly common happening, a most welcome 'thank you' to the loyal Forum members. Great folks, TV. They're 25 or so miles from me, I've visited several times, even tested some of their products for them. To say they're passionate about what they do is a bit of an understatement. Serious high tech work, 3 state of the art Swiss 'screw machines' make all the bits in 15 to 50,000 piece runs. A part every 45 seconds or so per machine. Perhaps a dozen souls total. One of the Principals is a MD who lost his father to lung cancer....man is truly driven to make the best 'e-cig equipment' possible.

We also get that some kind of ear wax here at a personal level, seems another thing we have in common with you besides this funny language we pinched off you so many years ago? Did you know we came inches away from adopting German instead? The "Pennsylvania Dutch" being quite numerous at the time. I bet the world would have turned out a bit different if that had happened........

Best wishes with your new toys.

OF

We always love a visit from OF! might be time to come check out our new shop!!!! Its pretty awesome!!!

Cheers,
Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: OF

OF

We always love a visit from OF! might be time to come check out our new shop!!!! Its pretty awesome!!!

Cool, love to see it (although I really liked the 'structured chaos' and honest nature of the original. Got to be sure the 'help us move, as long as you're here' danger is past of course. I'll let ya know, thanks.

I hope the 'Beamer Sleeper' project is still a feature......

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I'm fortunate enough to be traveling on work to the left coast for the next two weeks (Oakland up north then LA down south), and an old friend of mine in LA deserves a present for all he's done for me, so I thought I'd buy him a DART setup, as he's been asking about, and expressing an interest in my experience with Pure Gold.

So I have a handful of questions, though I suspect I already know the answers to some of them. :)

I was thinking of an Ultra body with a LV DART top. My questions about this are: From what I've read here, using an Ultra Alpha instead of an Ultra has too much of a tradeoff in battery life . I'd appreciate any insights to this (particularly from Jam and OF) as the additional thinness of the Alpha Ultra is appealing. I'm using a T1 6V base to power my SV DART which lasts forever before needing a recharge, but that's a whole different animal from a small battery LV setup. Also, does the Ultra really need the Delrin cover if it's only going to power a Revo strength core with PG? My T1 6V setup is so different that I really have no comparison to judge, but I hope for use with PG, the Delrin may not be necessary, as the reduced thickness would be nice.

Finally, and this is really a question for Tim, any way if I order this tonight or tomorrow that it can make it to my hotel in LA by Sunday or Monday? I know the DART core is currently a special request item...

Haywood,

OF

I'm fortunate enough to be traveling on work to the left coast for the next two weeks (Oakland up north then LA down south), and an old friend of mine in LA deserves a present for all he's done for me, so I thought I'd buy him a DART setup, as he's been asking about, and expressing an interest in my experience with Pure Gold.

I was thinking of an Ultra body with a LV DART top. My questions about this are: From what I've read here, using an Ultra Alpha instead of an Ultra has too much of a tradeoff in battery life . I'd appreciate any insights to this (particularly from Jam and OF) as the additional thinness of the Alpha Ultra is appealing. I'm using a T1 6V base to power my SV DART which lasts forever before needing a recharge, but that's a whole different animal from a small battery LV setup.

Finally, and this is really a question for Tim, any way if I order this tonight or tomorrow that it can make it to my hotel in LA by Sunday or Monday? I know the DART core is currently a special request item...

DART is basically the same beast you have, there's very little real difference between SV and LV. LV runs higher current because the voltage is lower. In broad terms the little battery has about half the energy of each of the larger one's you're using. Therefore it will drive the load about 1/4 as long. Easily a dozen hits, maybe 25 if you're efficient with it. However, it's real fast to swap in a new battery when you need to. Being as you need to reload the DART every 6 or so hits anyway, I have no troubles with mine. I load the DART and fit a charged battery. When it slows up, I add another .05 grams or so and get another batch of hits. I do this twice (.15 grams total) then replace the battery with the next top up. It's actually a little small to easily hold I think, but I don't have heat issues with it. I hit it a few times and put it back in my pocket.

As to the second point, if you're going to Oakland why not pick it up? The shop is across the bay, maybe 25 minutes by car with a five dollar bridge one way..... Trust me, it's worth the experience to 'meet the guys'.

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Are you talking about the Ultra or Ultra Alpha in your comparisons (I can't tell from your answer; maybe I'm being dense tonight). I can't easily find the mAh ratings of the batteries in the Ultra and Ultra Alpha, or I'd just try to figure it out. And when you say "It's actually a little small to easily hold I think" are you talking about the Ultra or the Ultra Alpha?

When you mention you don't have any heat issues with it, are you talking about with or without the Delrin sleeve?

Not sure if I will be able to get away for an hour or two during business hours while I'm in Oakland. I'm only there from Friday-Sunday. It sure would be nice to visit though (and would certainly solve my "getting it delivered in time" problem).

Thanks again for your help!

Haywood,
Reactions: OF

OF

Are you talking about the Ultra or Ultra Alpha in your comparisons (I can't tell from your answer; maybe I'm being dense tonight). I can't easily find the mAh ratings of the batteries in the Ultra and Ultra Alpha, or I'd just try to figure it out. And when you say "It's actually a little small to easily hold I think" are you talking about the Ultra or the Ultra Alpha?

When you mention you don't have any heat issues with it, are you talking about with or without the Delrin sleeve?

Not sure if I will be able to get away for an hour or two during business hours while I'm in Oakland. I'm only there from Friday-Sunday. It sure would be nice to visit though (and would certainly solve my "getting it delivered in time" problem).

Thanks again for your help!

I was trying to make the case for the Ultra Lite, it uses the 10440 at 350 mAh as supplied by TV:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultralite

Over the 'normal' Ultra, which uses IMR 14500 (15500s) at 500 mAh:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultra

Sorry for the confusion, I believe the topic is 'small supplies for a DART'? The larger of the two is the normal call, it'll give you about half the cycles of your full size supply on the Revolution, but IMO the smaller one is an adequate performer for most uses and is a fair bit smaller if the goal is small. There are photos against a cigarette in each section to judge by.

If the goal is stealth with the DART I don't think the full size supply (two RCR123A or one 17670) is even in the running. The choice comes down to the 14500 (15500) or 10440 and LV. I started out not being a fan of the little guy, but like Jam I came around to appreciate it.

Since the DART doesn't have a sleeve, I assume you're talking about the battery tube? IMO it's not needed or an advantage in either case. When driving Evolution it's worth considering, but with DART I never found it getting too hot and adding insulation would just heat the batteries all the more and kill them off all the faster.

I can't speak for Tim, of course, but I've visited on a Saturday morning (that's a hint to contact Tim if you're interested. If you get in a jam for time, PM me and we'll see if we can schedule something, I have to drop by in the next week or two anyway, perhaps I could get it and meet you somewhere after hours..... It's for a worthy cause, you know.

OF

Edit: 15500 originally listed in error, S/B 14500. OF

Blowfish

So is the AVA body the same exact size as the dart just that it says Ava on the side
Hey guys, ive spent contless hours readin this fourm and everyone helped me out alot! i just orderd the lv window, but asked for the dart setup as mentioned ,wondering what that is going to look like aswell?. I also picked up the evo in the lv :)

Blowfish,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I was trying to make the case for the Ultra Lite, it uses the 10440 at 350 mAh as supplied by TV:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultralite

Over the 'normal' Ultra, which uses IMR 14500 (15500s) at 500 mAh:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultra

Sorry for the confusion, I believe the topic is 'small supplies for a DART'? The larger of the two is the normal call, it'll give you about half the cycles of your full size supply on the Revolution, but IMO the smaller one is an adequate performer for most uses and is a fair bit smaller if the goal is small. There are photos against a cigarette in each section to judge by.

If the goal is stealth with the DART I don't think the full size supply (two RCR123A or one 17670) is even in the running. The choice comes down to the 14500 (15500) or 10440 and LV. I started out not being a fan of the little guy, but like Jam I came around to appreciate it.

Since the DART doesn't have a sleeve, I assume you're talking about the battery tube? IMO it's not needed or an advantage in either case. When driving Evolution it's worth considering, but with DART I never found it getting too hot and adding insulation would just heat the batteries all the more and kill them off all the faster.

I can't speak for Tim, of course, but I've visited on a Saturday morning (that's a hint to contact Tim if you're interested. If you get in a jam for time, PM me and we'll see if we can schedule something, I have to drop by in the next week or two anyway, perhaps I could get it and meet you somewhere after hours..... It's for a worthy cause, you know.

OF

Edit: 15500 originally listed in error, S/B 14500. OF
The confusion was mine! I guess it didn't help that I was calling the two by the wrong names (ultra and ultra alpha instead of ultra and ultralite). Fortunately you knew what I meant!

Glad to hear that the Delrin isn't needed, and yes, I was talking about the sleeve around the battery tube. (Though I think the ultralite is going to be the way to go, see below. And I seem to recall there was some deal going on to get this really really nice aluminum case. I gotta go find the thread with the aluminum case info...).

My RCR123A's test out at just under 3Wh (~500mAh x 3v x 2cells) and they last forever. This doesn't help much :) but I never actually killed a set of batteries before putting them in a charger (and they never took more than ~250mAh to refill, so I was barely using them). In light of this, and your real-world experience "[the alpha-ultra will] give you about half the cycles of your full size supply", and then wondering if 30% less capacity (of the 10440 versus the 14500) might still be enough to let my friend get by with carrying the one tiny extra 10440 around and getting a least a full day's use without needing to recharge or carry more batteries. Two 10440's are 2.5Wh (3.6v x 350mAh x 2 batteries), and since I never put a dent into my 3Wh RCR123A rig, I think that 2.5/3 of forever should be enough. The tiny part is really a very big plus, because he would only be using it when he wanted to be fast and invisible. He medicates using herb now, and will continue to do so when stealth and speed are irrelevant.

And I must confess, whatever I decide, I'm going to have to order two, because I realized while reading and asking for advice, that there are a number of times when carrying the T1bottom/DART top is bigger than I care for. Like I'm not taking advantage of small size and great battery life of the Revo core. So I'm thinking an alpha-ultralight is the perfect device for me to use exclusively with PG (or any similar oil, I suspect) when maximum stealth is important.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the 10440; it must be really tiny in your hand, like the size of a AAA battery... I gotta go re-read Jam's thread.

And thanks for the concierge offer; it could turn out to be a lifesaver, though I may be able to swing Saturday morning, and a visit (Tim willing) would be outstanding. I'll PM you with details.

Haywood,

OF

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the 10440; it must be really tiny in your hand, like the size of a AAA battery... I gotta go re-read Jam's thread.

And thanks for the concierge offer; it could turn out to be a lifesaver, though I may be able to swing Saturday morning, and a visit (Tim willing) would be outstanding. I'll PM you with details.

Cool, glad we're on the same page.....finally. That's what counts you know, until that happens there's no real communication. Yes, the 10440 is AAA size. It's bitty. They're impressive little performers all right. I'd expect to vape .3 grams of PG or a little more with a pair of them if I was careful/fast at it. I know a couple of guys that use that much in a day, but not many for sure. If your bud has a bigger appetite IMO the lush should just pack another. So there.

The fancy case for the little guy has been around for a while (mine is maybe a year old?), I think the 14500 size one is new. The case is, as you'd expect from TV, first rate. Pity the cutouts match e-cig stuff, but it still holds the supply and batteries just fine. It really adds to that 'Star Wars' angle as well, you know Luke Skywalker stores his in one.

KMA on your schedule. If you do get time cornered on a Saturday, maybe I'll drop by and distract him while you fill your trunk up? He's not easily distracted, he's seen it all you know.

OF

alexander

We always recommend using the Revolution at 6V (sometimes this can be upwards of 6.8V because some batteries read abnormally high). For those of you who are experienced are want to try 7.4 you can get some monstrous clouds, But this will void the warranty on your core. If you send it back to us we can get it rebuilt for you no problem however, might even be able to build it to work on 7.4V if you so desire.... ;)
:o Duuuuude 7.4 dart cart. Thats what im talking about!

alexander,

OF

:o Duuuuude 7.4 dart cart. Thats what im talking about!

Cool, but you do understand a purpose built 7.4 Volt DART will be no hotter than a SV or LV, right? Same Watts (power) just lower current at higher voltage. If the key to bigger clouds was so easy, you'd just rewind the SV or LV.......

The reason to do it is you already have 7.4 Volt stuff anyway as I see it. Otherwise, the SV battery (RCR123A) is actually a little more stable on discharge (the voltage and therefore heat drops less as the battery drains) than the IMRs typically used instead. For that reason it might be a better way for some, even if the charge life is not typically as long.

OF

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hey OF-
What's the smallest battery case I can get and still run the DART (6V). I am thinking I might like something a little more stealth to carry around with me. Hoping for something with a smaller diameter closer to a standard E-go battery or some such from the Apex vapor line...

Thanks in advance!

Bluntcrush,

OF

Hey OF-
What's the smallest battery case I can get and still run the DART (6V). I am thinking I might like something a little more stealth to carry around with me. Hoping for something with a smaller diameter closer to a standard E-go battery or some such from the Apex vapor line...

Thanks in advance!

E-cig guys use these to power SV stuff with the Alpha Ultra I'm told, never tried it, but it should work fine:
http://www.innovapor.com/apex-alpha...r-14250-lfp-3.2v-rechargeable-batteries-pair/

I've actually seen some special made 10220s, but I don't think you can rush out and buy them in a form we can use. If you can find them, this makes the Ultra Lite a go.....maybe.

You're welcome and good luck.

OF

OF,

excelsior

I've been using my DART for about 5 months now and used my evo a handful of times but a few days ago both of them stopped working, any help on this matter? Tried new batteries and still no go.

excelsior,

jog123

I get that thermovape is getting bigger and whatnot, but is it really so difficult to answer an email?? I've sent a bunch and still no replies.. I thought everyone was always talking about how good their CS is? can't say I'm very impressed so far..

jog123,
Top Bottom