Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Cinnamonster

I know this topic has been covered a lot, but last I read, the adapters weren't perfect and in need of some modding. I also remember there being at least two or three different adapters from different retailers.
So does anyone know of an online retailer that sells the right 510 to 601 adapters suited for Omicron carts?

If not, I should get a couple of the ones on this site and file two grooves on it to achieve proper airflow, right?

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

Thanks! :tup:

Cinnamonster,

Cinnamonster

I got one from the site you linked and it works fine.

:2c:

Would you mind telling me when you got it? I remember some users stating they got it after it was out of stock recently (I think 2-3 weeks ago??), and it was different than the one they originally got from the same site. Thanks for your reply!

EDIT: I may be wrong about what I just said about the adapter not being the same one as before. I don't even know if I did read that or not... At least in real life??

Cinnamonster,

Cinnamonster

So did I, others were not so lucky?

Same here.

Yeah, in the Evolution thread... starting from post 1076 or page 44.
vapor 4 life said: "My adapter from e cigz got a try out today and to my dismay:bang: it does not let air in to the omi cart. It has a center hole."

Cinnamonster,

OF

Guys we've been though this adapter thing a lot of times. Including earlier today.

There seems to be only one real source, it has two faces, the link above is the better of the two you get normal email confirmations of your order, notice of shipment and tracking number. From the other fellow at the desk on the other side of the room (?) you get none of those things. My shipment was addressed wrong (lack of email confirmation prevented finding this out until it got lost at the PO for an extra week before being sent back....where it sat until I emailed asking him to send it back. He said he would, then later said he had. After I asked for the tracking number, he finally posted it two days after he told me he had sent it. Can't recommend them at all. BTW, both sets of adapters were identical, came in the same plastic bag with both cards....

So, AFAIK there is only one choice. It doesn't look like either photo, but is like the OneLove adapter (which has the opposite threads) in that it seals to the cart and power supply. That is it's designed to force the cart to draw air up the hollow center of the adapter from below. This is standard for the 'self energizing' e-cigs out there, pulling on them works a switch inside the power supply that turns the heater on for you (no button to press). Since our power supplies don't do this and are in fact generally sealed to prevent leakage from wrecking them they won't draw. You typically can't get air out of your cart when everything is screwed down tight. Unless your 510 supply is vented (only one of mine is) you need to have the slots added so it can vent. And even when the supply is letting air though, filing the slots vastly improved the draw on mine. There is no reason for the seal in our application and IMO good reasons for not having it. BTW the TV adapter (again with the opposite threads to what we need here) has four such slots, I assume because they found the same issue.

OF,

Cinnamonster

So, AFAIK there is only one choice. It doesn't look like either photo, but is like the OneLove adapter (which has the opposite threads) in that it seals to the cart and power supply. That is it's designed to force the cart to draw air up the hollow center of the adapter from below. This is standard for the 'self energizing' e-cigs out there, pulling on them works a switch inside the power supply that turns the heater on for you (no button to press). Since our power supplies don't do this and are in fact generally sealed to prevent leakage from wrecking them they won't draw. You typically can't get air out of your cart when everything is screwed down tight. Unless your 510 supply is vented (only one of mine is) you need to have the slots added so it can vent. And even when the supply is letting air though, filing the slots vastly improved the draw on mine. There is no reason for the seal in our application and IMO good reasons for not having it. BTW the TV adapter (again with the opposite threads to what we need here) has four such slots, I assume because they found the same issue.

Thanks for the clarifying post, dude!
I also purchased a small file for when it gets here... I'm going to file the shit out of it. Well, at least the shit I need to file down.

According to OF, this is how it's done (post # 6339 in Omicron thread):

"What you want to do is file a pair of notches in the top edge of the adapter itself. Across the rim into the threaded hole in the center. Not too deep any deeper or wider than the little holes above the threads on the cart is probably not buying you much. If you look carefully at the socket on most power supplies you'll see similar notches in the rim for this reason."

Just in case some didn't see this in the other thread...

Cinnamonster,
Reactions: OF

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I think one of the most amazing features of the thermovape is its modular system and adaptability, since getting my Rev and following this thread ive discovered a lot of people use this great feature to aparently use a rev with other power sources which seems like an amazing vaping device for sure. lately ive seen the thread mostly discuss these devices and the parts used for them, which often makes the thread hard to find content for the Rev. So maybe my post is directed to the mods,to see if we can get a thread for custom/hybrid style Rev's.

YoGranMazPimp,

2clicker

Observer
Great suggestion. I bet it works great, 'cept for the wait until it cools part....I'm often not real good at that part.

I think next time I'll do it before I get started heating it up. Thanks.

OF

heh yeah. i usually get it out before any heating.

2clicker,
Reactions: t-dub

OF

Thanks for the clarifying post, dude!
I also purchased a small file for when it gets here... I'm going to file the shit out of it. Well, at least the shit I need to file down.

Cool. Sounds like your ready to expand the possibilities all right. Thanks for finding the other thread, for some reason I couldn't.... Yesterday was just not a good day for details it seems. Probably something to do with the eclipse the other day...

The word seems to be slowly getting out. Hopefully someday THC or TV or someone like that will make a well thought out, well made and easy to find adapter for us. The funny bit to me is both THC and TV sell 'universal adapters' but despite their using the opposite thread patterns, the adapters come out the same????

Once again, though, demand has found the supply.....ain't Capitalism grand? Can you imagine how the Russians might have designed a vape and set up the factory? Using their cutting edge experience making boots for instance.....

Thanks and good luck in your vaping adventures.

OF

OF,

Cinnamonster

That's why I wasn't sure if I even read that bit of information. I thought it was in a TV thread.

Ah, that's sort of TV and THC. They're competing with one another, like a chilly vape war. It's great though, since both companies drive one another to greater lengths to outdo the other. Out come things like the Evo, the Dart, omicarts, and (hopefully) the nail carts by THC. :)

And thanks!

Does anyone know why the black o-ring on the dart on the Dart might be melting? When I clean it off, I notice that some rubber melts, not a lot, but it does... I don't taste anything weird, but do you guys know if this is harmful? I since changed the o-ring; I just remembered it.

Cinnamonster,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
What I find most amusing is that though there may be competition between the different vape companies to some extent, most of us end users are happily merging the products to work together... keep sharing, growing, and loving people. Those dividing lines always seem to blur somewhere.

OF

What I find most amusing is that though there may be competition between the different vape companies to some extent, most of us end users are happily merging the products to work together... keep sharing, growing, and loving people. Those dividing lines always seem to blur somewhere.

Spot on, Jam! And two companies with such different business models, complementing each other in many ways.

It could easily have shaped up to a Ford/Chevy deal, but this way everyone wins as I see it. It seems more a PC than a Mac world here?

Anyway, I fully agree. The free exchange is giving folks the widest possible choices and the best available information to base choices on....which is cool no matter what the business.

And you're partly to blame for that you know......

OF

davidwu

To commemorate our fallen soldiers on this Memorial day we would like to offer you 25% off at ThermoVape.com!

Stay portable and healthy with your ThermoVape at this weekend's festivities by ordering soon to ensure your ThermoVape arrives in time!

Sale begins Tuesday May 22 and ends May 28th
Use code: MEMORIAL25

Cheers,

ThermoVape Team

Nice! Any idea if the REV will make it on the site prior to the end of the sale?

davidwu,

Cinnamonster

Reminded me of the Yin and Yang. :)

Cinnamonster,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just have to say, I received my DART today and although I haven't fired it up yet, the quality of the workmanship and materials is fantastic. It's absolutely beautiful :tup: Thank you Thermo-Essence Technologies!

2clicker

Observer
hey TV

i cant seem to find the "core service" for the Rev/Dart on the site... is it not ready yet? i would like to place an order before Monday.

thanks

2clicker,
Top Bottom