Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Thanks, OF.

So the base you recommend for the Dart LV is the Ultra sold on TV @ $99.99/list?

Yes, my general recommendation for guys that don't already own gear (in which case, go with the voltage you already have). Without looking it up, that number seems about $50 low, does it include battery, charger and so on?

I also suggest ordering a second battery (I recall it only comes with one), it's nice to have a charged one standing by when it starts to cool off.

Oh, yeah, lay in some bubble hash if you can....you'll love that part.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue

OF

bubble on the lv dart?

Yeah? Haven't you tried it? Revolution is easier, but it's the same basic vape. It's a great way to get to know a strain of bubble.....and there are some great ones out there, often at great prices. It's easy to clean it very completely, what I see as a strong feature of these guys.

Not to mention bubble is usually the most THC for the dollar, often by a wide margin.

So, just 'cuz it's a little messy, no big deal. Give it a try, good fun there.....

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Yeah? Haven't you tried it? Revolution is easier, but it's the same basic vape. It's a great way to get to know a strain of bubble.....and there are some great ones out there, often at great prices. It's easy to clean it very completely, what I see as a strong feature of these guys.

Not to mention bubble is usually the most THC for the dollar, often by a wide margin.

So, just 'cuz it's a little messy, no big deal. Give it a try, good fun there.....

OF
all the recommendations i read for the dart said that it was best to only use clean oils vs the old revs which were made for a wider range of concentrate. complete cleaning capability reduces risk in case you load it badly, but that's just what i heard. iirc, even dirty iso oils were giving it problems. bubble might be the best bang for the buck, but once again you assume that everyone is in Cali ;). not arguing, just trying to clarify b4 some newb buys the wrong thing.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

all the recommendations i read for the dart said that it was best to only use clean oils vs the old revs which were made for a wider range of concentrate. complete cleaning capability reduces risk in case you load it badly, but that's just what i heard. iirc, even dirty iso oils were giving it problems. bubble might be the best bang for the buck, but once again you assume that everyone is in Cali ;). not arguing, just trying to clarify b4 some newb buys the wrong thing.

"At it's best" doesn't mean it's not the best option available in some other area. I'm not suggesting ISO oil, but bubble hash. I've done it, it works fine, and is easy to clean up.

Given good oils, I'll use them mostly because of the long times between cleanings. But, for example, I'm known to have a little 'bubble fest' with several strains as long as I'm going to be cleaning anyway. Again, there are no practical differences between Revolution and DART, why should bubble be fine in one an not the other?

I don't assume everyone is in California. Which is why I usually use words like 'if it's available' and the like. Nor do I assume all here have concentrates available or have a wide selection (also bad assumptions). It's an option, which is why I suggest folks consider it. If it's not for you, fine, but it's safe for you and the machine and IMO it has merits. Worth considering. I agree, guys who read a line or two on the internet and think they're experts as a result are at some risk. I'll try to be more clear next time.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
"At it's best" doesn't mean it's not the best option available in some other area. I'm not suggesting ISO oil, but bubble hash. I've done it, it works fine, and is easy to clean up.

Given good oils, I'll use them mostly because of the long times between cleanings. But, for example, I'm known to have a little 'bubble fest' with several strains as long as I'm going to be cleaning anyway. Again, there are no practical differences between Revolution and DART, why should bubble be fine in one an not the other?

I don't assume everyone is in California. Which is why I usually use words like 'if it's available' and the like. Nor do I assume all here have concentrates available or have a wide selection (also bad assumptions). It's an option, which is why I suggest folks consider it. If it's not for you, fine, but it's safe for you and the machine and IMO it has merits. Worth considering. I agree, guys who read a line or two on the internet and think they're experts as a result are at some risk. I'll try to be more clear next time.

OF

cheers to all that OF :cheers:

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

NewSchoolExplorer

I havent tried using bubble in my rev and its clean up time tonight, I was wondering how much bubble would you recommend? Not in grams but just visually, like enough to just cover surface area or more. I also have my own private collection of dry shifted kif in various microns. I think kif would be easier than bubble but what are your recommendation?

NewSchoolExplorer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I found kif to be the most trouble, it seemed to get down into the edges and "cake" up around the ceramic and would pull up into the air path easy if you draw too hard. When I put bubble in my Rev, I rolled up smaller than a BB size, and then flattened it, tried to mimic the size of the ceramic disk inside, so it would lay flat and make contact across the surface of the ceramic. My bubble is pretty soft and easy to shape.

OF

Jam suggests a useful technique with bubble, I too found kief to be a hassle until it get's gooey.

However, in the end, I resorted to simple. I put in probably something a bit under 200 mg in, a fairly thick layer. I heat it some, then once soft, stir it and heat some more. 3 or 4 cycles before I actually try to vape. Once it's warm and gooey it's easy to stir it up between hits. I usually scoop it up on a toothpick, mash it against the wall a bit to mix it then press the mass back down and have another go. I'll get a few dozen hits this way before they become annoyingly weak.

It's kind of fun I think, and there are some really nice bubble hashes out there.

Good luck.

OF

JoeKickass

I think I'll be trying a lot more messy concentrates in my rev now.

I used 5-10 quick sprays of brakleen (acetone + heptane):http://crcindustries.com/auto/?s=05054 and in about 5 minutes it was running clear and all the oil had dripped onto some foil. I threw it away but it sure looked like a bunch of usable bho to me... :ninja:

Gave it a good long wash and did the 20 20 20 thing, total time = less than an hour, and I swear it's working better than it ever has! :tup:

It's a pretty potent product to work with (windy day=good) but it's designed to clean oil and dirt off brake discs as quickly as possible and leave absolutely no residue and it sure does the same thing here...

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
TV, I've a question as regards combining the functionality of the Rev, and that of the Dart top loader. It seems the only thing preventing the top loader from working in the Rev (with the window shut), is that the needle of the top loader needs to be elongated to accommodate the additional chamber length of the Rev windowed door assembly piece. Can that be custom ordered/are you guys working on such a device/am I off the mark as to the potential compatibility/interchangeability of these two devices?

Thanks!

PhreedomPhries,
Yes we should definitely ship it together. The crew was pretty busy today, worked through lunch and got almost every order from the weekend out.

There is a chance that your Revolution shipped. Can you shoot us an email at info@thermovape.com with your most recent order number, I'll see if we can get your replacement in there.

If to then your warranty replacement will ship tomorrow.

Sound like a plan?

Cheers,

ThermoVape
Any word on this? I know your busy, but I'm kinda hanging in the dark here, no emails have been returned about the replacement core. I also have a refund credit i would like placed on my "mother's day" order. Sorry for the hassle, Im just a little worried that my complex order(mothers day discount/return credit/replacement core) might get mixed up amongst the post-mothers day craziness. I don't mind hanging and waiting, but I not enjoying hanging in the dark. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

havealight101,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks for the suggestions. I just received my rev and have puffed a few clouds already. Is it just me or is the inside diameter of the DART slightly wider than the Revolution. (BTW, I have an old rev so you newer owners cannot compare but to those that have been here from T1 lmk if you too see it).

SIDE NOTE: I love my DART. I have the Rev. (side feed) and thought the difference in performance did not outweigh the cost and so I was a bit hesitant. Taking advantage of the discount my DART was on its way. After a busy day of finals and having a bad migraine on the left side of my head I came home to medicate with my DART. I got some of my C02 Sour D, Purple K, and Blueberry K :D right now to dab to. I have only finished two dab-fuls and noticed a smoother cooler hit with better cloud production :ko: than my Rev.

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: t-dub

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Any word on this? I know your busy, but I'm kinda hanging in the dark here, no emails have been returned about the replacement core. I also have a refund credit i would like placed on my "mother's day" order. Sorry for the hassle, Im just a little worried that my complex order(mothers day discount/return credit/replacement core) might get mixed up amongst the post-mothers day craziness. I don't mind hanging and waiting, but I not enjoying hanging in the dark. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Could you send us another e-mail at Sales@thermovape.com and Attention it to "Tim". Ill make sure it gets situated for you.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Jam suggests a useful technique with bubble, I too found kief to be a hassle until it get's gooey.

However, in the end, I resorted to simple. I put in probably something a bit under 200 mg in, a fairly thick layer. I heat it some, then once soft, stir it and heat some more. 3 or 4 cycles before I actually try to vape. Once it's warm and gooey it's easy to stir it up between hits. I usually scoop it up on a toothpick, mash it against the wall a bit to mix it then press the mass back down and have another go. I'll get a few dozen hits this way before they become annoyingly weak.

It's kind of fun I think, and there are some really nice bubble hashes out there.

Good luck.

OF

did as you suggested and dropped some majorly potent full melt i'd had in a jar tucked away and i take back all my doubts. am sure it'll dirty it quicker if i keep using it, but this stuff was really clean and vaped away much cleaner than anticipated. i take it all back. good suggestion OF! as always i bow to your "judgement", (had to mess w/ya a little, ;)) hope the day is treatin' ya well

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

did as you suggested and dropped some majorly potent full melt i'd had in a jar tucked away and i take back all my doubts. am sure it'll dirty it quicker if i keep using it, but this stuff was really clean and vaped away much cleaner than anticipated. i take it all back. good suggestion OF! as always i bow to your "judgement", (had to mess w/ya a little, ;)) hope the day is treatin' ya well

Thanks very much, Bob. You're certainly welcome, it's why I throw this stuff out after all.

I know it probably shouldn't but 'your stuff' often makes me smile for no other good reason. I like that.

Thanks for the good wishes. The day is going super, thanks. I met fellow Forum worthy SC at Harborside to give him some batteries he needed to borrow and together we cleaned them out of their last few grams of high CBD concentrate (30 plus percent THC and 30 plus percent CBD). I bought one to try a month or so back and they were out the next morning. This time it lasted less than a day. Good stuff when you're hurting I can tell you. And now I've got a couple grams stashed for when it's really needed. Security. And it's about time to go do a little supervising of the afternoon in the garden.....after I decide which vape to take with me, of course.

I hope all is going well for you as well.

Thanks again.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
hey sessnet. a couple quick questions, if ya don't mind.
how many drops per fill. just one or two?
does it look to be the same as a dart core to you as well?
do you have the hv and if so have you used it on other battery units?
TIA

Bob Loblaw,

OF

Don't I recall someone at TV saying the two were similar but the ceramic elements have different dimensions to compensate for the thinner media? Or was it a different material?

OF

sessnet

Noob Saibot
hey sessnet. a couple quick questions, if ya don't mind.
how many drops per fill. just one or two?
do you have the hv and if so have you used it on other battery units?
TIA

Can't compare to the DART or the HV on other batteries since I haven't tried.

I had very little success with it, and haven't been able to get it to perform the way I wanted or am used to. This is obviously a pro unit for a heavy user. For the right person (heavy user), it would probably outperform what they would expect from a regular unit. On top of letting out too much vapor for my liking, it also tasted a bit weird. I didn't have this problem with my Revolution.

Top Bottom