Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

davidwu

AVA core and Dart core sure do look the same to me. Tim says they are different though.

The AVA takes about two drops when it is ready for a top off, maybe three or four when it is bone dry. It's a dripping atomizer, if you want something that might last you all day, TV also sells the RES option for their battery mods. I do not have one, but over on the e-cig forums, they rave about it. TV doesn't list this item for some reason, yet they are the OEM? I believe Innovapor (?), sells the RES option.

AT 3.7, the LV AVA is brilliant. The LV DART at 3.7 is a bit slow (REALLY slow compared to my 7.4 battery w/HV DART; ~15 sec warm up compared to instant), but it will get you there eventually.

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
AVA core and Dart core sure do look the same to me. Tim says they are different though.

The AVA takes about two drops when it is ready for a top off, maybe three or four when it is bone dry. It's a dripping atomizer, if you want something that might last you all day, TV also sells the RES option for their battery mods. I do not have one, but over on the e-cig forums, they rave about it. TV doesn't list this item for some reason, yet they are the OEM? I believe Innovapor (?), sells the RES option.

AT 3.7, the LV AVA is brilliant. The LV DART at 3.7 is a bit slow (REALLY slow compared to my 7.4 battery w/HV DART; ~15 sec warm up compared to instant), but it will get you there eventually.

RES system for the ThermoVape T1 will be up on the site soon!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

yea, i think it might have been a mistake to get the HV AVA, shoulda gone w/ the LV. it was free so i'm not stressing. that's why i chose it ;). I have both darts. careful w/ running the HV on a 7.4 batt config. i've burnt two cores doing that as they are designed for the 6v setup. i was using as imr batts tho. how long, what config are you using with that HV Dart?

Bob Loblaw,

BlueDream

Whats up FC community, I just got my dart LV, along with the T1, and a SV atomizer.

And I love them all.

The only downside for the dart is I can't seem to smoke my amber wax. I can smoke my less sticky wax fine, and it tastes great!. The amber wax just seems to stick onto my dart the whole time, so it never hits the heating element. I know I got it really hot, and the wax turned closer to a liquid, and it looked like it was gonna drip in! but it still stuck onto the dart. I tried tapping the sides a bit, but it didn't knock it in. Does the dart need to be loaded with a lot of wax? It works great with the less sticky wax I have.

For the T1, the only flaw I found which made my first experience less great (still a great experience for the flavor) was I was getting noticeable leafy particles hitting my tongue, I do inhale slowly, and try to avoid it, but I can't. I get leafy particles about once in every 10 hits, but all I need to do is spit it out, so it's not that big of a deal. This was the tastiest method I've ever tried (especially with a fresh bowl/fresh batteries).

The atomizer is cool, It works well. It's my first atomizer and I'm happy with it.

Overall, this thing is a great device. From a company with great customer service too. Im excited for whats to come!

If anyone has any advice with my amber wax sticking onto the dart too long, please let me know.

Thanks,
{Blue Dream}

BlueDream,

OF

For the T1, the only flaw I found which made my first experience less great (still a great experience for the flavor) was I was getting noticeable leafy particles hitting my tongue, I do inhale slowly, and try to avoid it, but I can't. I get leafy particles about once in every 10 hits, but all I need to do is spit it out, so it's not that big of a deal. This was the tastiest method I've ever tried (especially with a fresh bowl/fresh batteries).

If anyone has any advice with my amber wax sticking onto the dart too long, please let me know.

Howdy SD, welcome to the fun and congrats on the new buys. Good gear for sure.

On the first point, some of us run a fine screen (5/8 inch IIRC) on top of the load. This not only seems to keep the debris out of the flow (for the most part) but it keeps the tiny holes from jamming and keeps the top cleaner over all. The screen just sits on top of the load inside the bowl under the cap. There's also the filter that TV makes for this, but most guys find the restriction too much for T1 doing herbs.

I use a SS screen and 'flame' it clean when it gets fouled.

For the wax issue, two suggestions. Easiest is to just not use the tip to load if it's that dry anyway. Just drop a BB size ball (50 to 100 mg) down the tube onto the ceramic floorplate and put the top back on. The key to getting it to melt off is conduction of heat through direct contact, the concentrate has to extend a bit past the end of the tip to make contact to melt cleanly in many cases. I've also found melting some problematic wax changed it's nature and made it very 'DART friendly'. It was reclaim from a dead Omicron cart but when melted it got much darker and more oil like. Fed great after that.

Regards,

OF

OF,

davidwu

yea, i think it might have been a mistake to get the HV AVA, shoulda gone w/ the LV. it was free so i'm not stressing. that's why i chose it ;). I have both darts. careful w/ running the HV on a 7.4 batt config. i've burnt two cores doing that as they are designed for the 6v setup. i was using as imr batts tho. how long, what config are you using with that HV Dart?

Yeah... I too was worried about that HV cart on my big battery (same one you have), but asked Tim in the order process and he seemed to think it would work, as long as I made sure it was primed. So I dropped a little bit of claim in there, got it nice and warm and gooey and then made the kid across the street vape the claim. This thing's been going three or so weeks just fine and with a ton of use... cart is holding up perfectly. I also have some of the batteries to make 6v... and the HV cart works really good there too, just not as nice as on 7.4. Honestly... I think 4.0 ohms and 7.4 are the perfect combo for the errl.

Now... if I could figure out a way to get my errl liquefied into some VG, I could purge out all the terps and flavor it as I wish. Talk about stealth!!!

davidwu,

BlueDream

some of us run a fine screen (5/8 inch IIRC) on top of the load. This not only seems to keep the debris out of the flow (for the most part) but it keeps the tiny holes from jamming and keeps the top cleaner over all.

Thanks, I've heard about this, and I'm going to bring the top piece to the smoke shop to find a screen that fits.

Just drop a BB size ball (50 to 100 mg) down the tube onto the ceramic floorplate and put the top back on.

The wax I'm having trouble with has a texture which makes it so it cannot be rolled up into little bbs. I'll just have to use less sticky wax. Im just gonna save the wax that doesn't work on my dart for a TI nail. I now know which wax ill be avoiding for Dart use.

Thanks for the help,
{BlueDream}

BlueDream,

OF

Thanks, I've heard about this, and I'm going to bring the top piece to the smoke shop to find a screen that fits.

The wax I'm having trouble with has a texture which makes it so it cannot be rolled up into little bbs. I'll just have to use less sticky wax. Im just gonna save the wax that doesn't work on my dart for a TI nail. I now know which wax ill be avoiding for Dart use.

Thanks for the help,
{BlueDream}

Sounds like a good plan all around. Remember, you need a screen that fits inside the rim of the bowl, you don't want it to get pinched between the rim and the cap.

Too bad about the texture of the wax, but as luck would have it you have a way to use it..... One other thought, scooping it in will also work. Or perhaps mixing it with a little oil? Maybe just enough PG to hold it together? Yeah, OK, I like PG.....so sue me?

Anyway, you're welcome for whatever help I can offer, best wishes in your experiments.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
This is how I did the screen inside the cap of my T1, I believe that is a 3/4" stainless steel screen.

xjpQg.jpg

Thanks,
{Blue Dream}

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

This is how I did the screen inside the cap of my T1, I believe that is a 3/4" stainless steel screen.

I found when I used one that big it got clamped under the cap and so there was a small gap at the bottom. It also was starting to scratch the top of the rim/inside of the cap as it gets dragged along one or the other as the lid is tightened down. Like a little round stainless steel file with worn teeth. My solution was to go down one size (5/8 IIRC) so the screen sits inside the rim on top of the load.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
hmmm mine seems to fit quite snug and I don't see any wear on the bowl. Maybe mine has a finer mesh or possibly cut a bit smaller than yours was. Hard to say, but it is working fine in my T1 cap.

jambandphan03,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So ive had my Rev for a few weeks now and enjoy it often but still trying to find the best method to use it. It seems i get very few tasty hits. On a load ill get like two that taste like the concentate and about 4-7 more that taste strange. Im not sure if thats the taste of the ceramic disc dry or chemicals or what..... When i look in the window there may be some wax that has melted but formed a ring around the ceramic disc but didnt go in. Ive tried pushing it back down but id rather just throw another dab in. I need to measure how much ive been loading on one load but its just a dab big enough to fit thru the window, not big at all. Maybe i could put more in? I got a dart on the way, maybe a different expierence with that.

YoGranMazPimp,

OF

So ive had my Rev for a few weeks now and enjoy it often but still trying to find the best method to use it. It seems i get very few tasty hits. On a load ill get like two that taste like the concentate and about 4-7 more that taste strange. Im not sure if thats the taste of the ceramic disc dry or chemicals or what..... When i look in the window there may be some wax that has melted but formed a ring around the ceramic disc but didnt go in. Ive tried pushing it back down but id rather just throw another dab in. I need to measure how much ive been loading on one load but its just a dab big enough to fit thru the window, not big at all. Maybe i could put more in? I got a dart on the way, maybe a different expierence with that.

As a general rule I like to run these guys fairly lean, maybe 150 or 200 mg over dry weight max? I load about 50 mg at a time, expecting 5 or 6 hits. YMMV of course, but I find too much concentrate slows things up and makes a mess.

It does take kind of a systematic approach for some of us, others seem to use for force or something?

Keep at it, you're getting some successes, time to build on that....

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

A trick I've found for the oil on the rim is, take the top off, heat up the ceramic nice and hot and drop a lil wax ball on the side. The melting wax will wick the oil off of the side if you have it tilted right :tup:

OF

A trick I've found for the oil on the rim is, take the top off, heat up the ceramic nice and hot and drop a lil wax ball on the side. The melting wax will wick the oil off of the side if you have it tilted right :tup:

Great tip! I usually just ignore it, figuring it's a fixed amount but your technique would recycle it so it doesn't sit there and cook.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

OF

I wonder if it could be machined to have a curve/angle downward instead of a rim that catches it.

DART does change this profile, but some still seems to remain. Surface tension I'd imagine? I also suspect temperatures play a role.

OF

OF,

VAPORIZER22

What helps me keep the taste going is to take the top off after 4-5 hits and with a tooth pick scrap the ring that forms around the ceramic and push it on top of the disc and heat it for 4-5 seconds to get any stubborn bits to fall off tooth pick and onto the ceramic. I find it easier to do it this way than turning the window and once the Rev is warm the top comes off with little effort. Put the top back on and I get 3-4 more tasty hits, then the flavor will slowly go away. One of my favorite aspects of the Rev is not just its portability and being to do decent dabs on the go, but the flavor that comes through with the waxes I use.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
To commemorate our fallen soldiers on this Memorial day we would like to offer you 25% off at ThermoVape.com!

Stay portable and healthy with your ThermoVape at this weekend's festivities by ordering soon to ensure your ThermoVape arrives in time!

Sale begins Tuesday May 22 and ends May 28th
Use code: MEMORIAL25

Cheers,

ThermoVape Team

SameOldTim,
Reactions: Sinclue

2clicker

Observer
DART does change this profile, but some still seems to remain. Surface tension I'd imagine? I also suspect temperatures play a role.

OF

i just take a small poker or paper clip and collect it while its cooled down. it comes off pretty easily and i just apply it right back to the Darts dabber.

2clicker,

OF

i just take a small poker or paper clip and collect it while its cooled down. it comes off pretty easily and i just apply it right back to the Darts dabber.

Great suggestion. I bet it works great, 'cept for the wait until it cools part....I'm often not real good at that part.

I think next time I'll do it before I get started heating it up. Thanks.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom