Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

With the temporary lull in the excitement over 'the LV cart of death' while we all await the Coroner's report I got back to the pressing task of testing the DART prototype. I'm going to pick up a production unit soon and can see how the changes have worked out....although there's really little to complain about. A couple of 'rules' for lack of a better word ("Eternal Truths" seems a bit much, doncha think?) come back again and again and apply I think to all versions of the Revolution. The first is "Load small and often". We need vapor, to get it takes heat. Consider the pressing need to steam a letter open before the wife gets home. You put a pan of water on the stove and turn it on (or light the fire, depending). Full blast, cuz you're in a hurry, right? Well, no steam until all the water heats from tap temperature to 212 degrees F. If you double the water in the pan, it's going to take twice as long to get there, right? It's a straight up looser to heat more concentrate than you need for the session. You basically have to do that each time you hit. It makes it harder to control as well as eating up your battery charge as well. I recommend trying something like 50mg reloads, IMO more than 100 in there at any time is a mistake.

Secondly, "suspect your battery". Yeah I know, it's a cell, but it goes dead when you're not watching. The time it takes (in number of hits) varies a LOT with how and what you're hitting. Loading small will have you running short every dozen or less big hits. It's worth keeping an eye on it since the battery fading out can seem the same and adding concentrate early is not a good idea. If it doubt, swap out the battery first. Do it the other way around and you'll likely wish you hadn't added more. For sure don't 'top it up' twice in a row without a battery change. If adding concentrate doesn't immediately make it better (it goes down hill still), that was not the problem.

I'll let you decide who it is that keeps forgetting these two simple rules.......

OF

OF,
Reactions: prk

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I missed a few replies in there.... sorry :myday:
Any plans on making a model with a push button? If not, is there an e cig model that would be recommended for use with your LV accessories? And does the rev produce the same amount of vapor using the LV version with an e cig? I would love to buy one from you guys at TV. I love the fact that these things are American made and so damn dependable and durable! But the slide switch, while mostly is good, can be a bit rough on the fingers and is making me want a button to push to activate the vapor.

I don't mean for anyone to promote a different device other than from TV, but as they don't currently make a push button version (that I'm aware of anyway) I'm not sure how/where to ask this question. As previously stated, I would love to get this from TV, but since they are making these devices to fit other manufacturers devices, i hope this question isnt out-of-bounds.

I am loving my REV, and after a couple of long vape sessions, I think that metallic taste has finally gone away!!!

We are working on a new switch, but i cant divulge anything about it... :ninja: stay tuned!

not sure if this got answered in all that... did I miss something??

Nothing is forever, but the quantity depends on the demand.

SameOldTim,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
With the temporary lull in the excitement over 'the LV cart of death' while we all await the Coroner's report I got back to the pressing task of testing the DART prototype. I'm going to pick up a production unit soon and can see how the changes have worked out....although there's really little to complain about. A couple of 'rules' for lack of a better word ("Eternal Truths" seems a bit much, doncha think?) come back again and again and apply I think to all versions of the Revolution. The first is "Load small and often". We need vapor, to get it takes heat. Consider the pressing need to steam a letter open before the wife gets home. You put a pan of water on the stove and turn it on (or light the fire, depending). Full blast, cuz you're in a hurry, right? Well, no steam until all the water heats from tap temperature to 212 degrees F. If you double the water in the pan, it's going to take twice as long to get there, right? It's a straight up looser to heat more concentrate than you need for the session. You basically have to do that each time you hit. It makes it harder to control as well as eating up your battery charge as well. I recommend trying something like 50mg reloads, IMO more than 100 in there at any time is a mistake.

OF

Steaming open an envelope? I expect we've gotten to the point where there are people here who have never gotten or sent
a handwritten letter. Been a long time since I've received one or sent one myself. Some School Districts are even eliminating teaching cursive writing.

Re loading the LV, are you saying to load the LV with smaller loads than the regular Rev carts? Is that because of the LV nature of the cart?

I'm hoping to have my Ultra with LV dart before the DSO concert later this week and was thinking of loading up some PG into it to take to the show and for the evening. Reloading in public venues is always a bit of a challenge so pre-loading is best. If it doesn't get here than my standard Revs and window carts will do nicely of course

Sinclue,

kertong

*please delete me*
I am back, and happy to finally be able to rest with peace of mind knowing what the SINGLE culprit was.

It was not the LV. It was not the Universal Adapter either. My most sincerest of apologies to thermovape for throwing a hissy fit and blaming them before I was 100% sure what was faulty. Still, Tim was gracious and spent a good long session with me pulling our hair out, trying different posts, adapters, batteries, until we narrowed it down. We were all stumped for a good half hour.

The crowning moment was when Tim was able to prove the v2 top was faulty by pressing down on the + contact post of the top down with a wooden stick. Bam, instant 3 blinks. If we thread the LV in *super* loosely, it works, kind of, but it is a wiggle away from a short.. but it is due to the v2 top.

I feel bad for dragging thermovape through the mud, and they still gave me a freebie pureflow filter for my troubles even after I told them it turns out it wasn't thermovape's fault at all and I was just happy to know what the problem was. Oh! And while I loved the idea of the loading window, it *did* gum up quite a bit and collect a bunch of hair (I have a dog AND a cat), so he happily exchanged it for a DART. I love it, the built in dabber is genius. Can't wait to get it running on my omi v2..

Thanks OF, Thermovape, FC, and everyone else. Sorry for being such a brat, I was jsut so disappointed after $400 spent and not a single thing working, but yeah, I was speaking out of anger, my fault. Will try to be better about it in the future.

THANK YOU Tim@TV :)

OF

R
Great news, KT. Tough nut to crack for sure. Glad it's sorted out, I assume the problem CFG parts will sort themselves out in due time. Is the Atmos power supply back on line?

And about that other stuff? Not a bit of it, it's all in the family you know.....

I don't know about down there, but the sun's a little brighter up here than a bit ago. Thanks again for the word.

OF

Re loading the LV, are you saying to load the LV with smaller loads than the regular Rev carts? Is that because of the LV nature of the cart?

I'm hoping to have my Ultra with LV dart before the DSO concert later this week and was thinking of loading up some PG into it to take to the show and for the evening. Reloading in public venues is always a bit of a challenge so pre-loading is best. If it doesn't get here than my standard Revs and window carts will do nicely of course

Actually that's my advice for both, there's really not much difference between them at all. I've tested Revolution carts over a two to one power range (seven or so to 15 Watts) and while things get slower (longer to build up enough heat) the results are basically the same. I load my 6 Volt Revolution the same way and get the same results. I love PG but I'd want to test larger loads carefully, a leak out the bottom would not be good at all in use. Then again, pushing it to say 150mg of PG should cover most needs? But if you know the 6 Volt Revolution, this one's just lower voltage and longer battery life in the same package.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with the unit.

OF

OF,

Atmos Raw Retailer

Unapproved commercial account.
I have a question for you thermovape and omicron/persei users, What is the best combination of cartridges to the thermovape? I already have the revolution, I'm gonna have to try out the new Dart, but what ohm omicron cartridges produce the best clouds at the 6 volts the thermovape is running at? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I just want to know because I'm interested in getting some extremely thick vapor.

Atmos Raw Retailer,

JoeKickass

I have a question for you thermovape and omicron/persei users, What is the best combination of cartridges to the thermovape? I already have the revolution, I'm gonna have to try out the new Dart, but what ohm omicron cartridges produce the best clouds at the 6 volts the thermovape is running at? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I just want to know because I'm interested in getting some extremely thick vapor.

You can try posting here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-persei-vaporizer-for-herbs-and-concentrates.4873/

I would think 3 or 4 ohm for 6v but I have only used 7.4v

JoeKickass,

Friar

Encouraging news that it wasn't an issue specific to TV, super reassured with the company after hearing about kertongs experience. Top notch stuff TV TEAM!

OF

+hat is the best combination of cartridges to the thermovape? I already have the revolution, I'm gonna have to try out the new Dart, but what ohm omicron cartridges produce the best clouds at the 6 volts the thermovape is running at? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I just want to know because I'm interested in getting some extremely thick vapor.

I guess I agree, the standard advice is 'four ohms for standard performance, 3 for more power'. That said, there are a few brave guys who've run the standard 3.7 Volt carts, 2.4 ohms at six Volts and live to tell the tale. You have to be careful, this is a serious overdrive, the warning is "only for 3 seconds or less at a time".

I'd suggest working up from 4 to 3 to 2.4....but I'm not sure I expect it to happen just like that.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
just a quick update: tim helped me find another issue with my v1 omi batt - a loose center pin. i added insulation when i got home and it works like a champ - fires my 1.5ohm omi carts as well as the tv dart!!

it takes quite a bit of heating and priming to get the concentrate melted off the dab tool, but man, that is a genius idea. i find though that with all this heating, the unit gets really, really hot to hold. but by this time, it is producing awesome clouds, it is comparable to the omiv2+1.5ohm carts, but it tastes much, much cleaner, like smelling pure fresh concentrate.

but man, tv for the mother fucking win. apologies again for my hissy fit, i should have been more patient. lesson learned, and thank you tv for taking your time to help me out.

can't wait until i get an omi v2, that with the dart will be killer imo..

kertong,
Reactions: OF

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I am back, and happy to finally be able to rest with peace of mind knowing what the SINGLE culprit was.

It was not the LV. It was not the Universal Adapter either. My most sincerest of apologies to thermovape for throwing a hissy fit and blaming them before I was 100% sure what was faulty. Still, Tim was gracious and spent a good long session with me pulling our hair out, trying different posts, adapters, batteries, until we narrowed it down. We were all stumped for a good half hour.

The crowning moment was when Tim was able to prove the v2 top was faulty by pressing down on the + contact post of the top down with a wooden stick. Bam, instant 3 blinks. If we thread the LV in *super* loosely, it works, kind of, but it is a wiggle away from a short.. but it is due to the v2 top.

I feel bad for dragging thermovape through the mud, and they still gave me a freebie pureflow filter for my troubles even after I told them it turns out it wasn't thermovape's fault at all and I was just happy to know what the problem was. Oh! And while I loved the idea of the loading window, it *did* gum up quite a bit and collect a bunch of hair (I have a dog AND a cat), so he happily exchanged it for a DART. I love it, the built in dabber is genius. Can't wait to get it running on my omi v2..

Thanks OF, Thermovape, FC, and everyone else. Sorry for being such a brat, I was jsut so disappointed after $400 spent and not a single thing working, but yeah, I was speaking out of anger, my fault. Will try to be better about it in the future.

THANK YOU Tim@TV :)

I can totally understand the frustration. technology of all sorts can be very frustrating at times. Glad to hear all is well.

I am excited to get home and play with my revolution LV.

Huge Props to Tim and Thermovape for helping out. Very impressed with the turn around time on the new dart. I will order one of those for the top of the Persei soon.

ru_frothi,

Friar

Just out of curiousity, how long is the DART LV? I'm wondering if I will be able to use the cone on the ego batts with it or if its too short. I guess I could always just get the pure flow filter in the worst case scenario.

Friar,

OF

Just out of curiousity, how long is the DART LV? I'm wondering if I will be able to use the cone on the ego batts with it or if its too short. I guess I could always just get the pure flow filter in the worst case scenario.

I just tried, you may have discovered a problem with some ego batteries. The cone fits 'good'. More like 'too good', the length is perfect but so is the fit at the mouth. There's no gap on mine, it won't draw air. Works fine without the cone (although the time out is a PITA trying to get to the 15 or 20 seconds needed for the hit).

I guess I don't follow how the filter will change anything, it's outside well above the cone (if it was there) right? I tried anyway, no difference. Great hits both times. Thanks for the assignment.

OF

OF,

Kief

Medicated
... Yes, a built in stirrer. It's made to not quite hit the ceramic so it can be used to stir up bubble hash and kif without worry (or even looking) or mess.

How is the DART LV with bubble or kief? Do you think the side door or top load would be better if using mostly kief/bubble?

Kief,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How is the DART LV with bubble or kief? Do you think the side door or top load would be better if using mostly kief/bubble?
I would think that the side load would be better for kief and bubble as they wont cause the same problems as the oil has due to the capilary effect. The Dart seems to me to be more designed for full melts.

:2c:

Stu,

Friar

I just tried, you may have discovered a problem with some ego batteries. The cone fits 'good'. More like 'too good', the length is perfect but so is the fit at the mouth. There's no gap on mine, it won't draw air. Works fine without the cone (although the time out is a PITA trying to get to the 15 or 20 seconds needed for the hit).

I guess I don't follow how the filter will change anything, it's outside well above the cone (if it was there) right? I tried anyway, no difference. Great hits both times. Thanks for the assignment.

OF

The cone isn't make or break for me. I guess I figured the pure filter would act as an extension but I see the issue now. Still considering an Alpha Lite core if I'm not thrilled with the performance from the Ego-T batts. I just really like the USB pass through design and for 50 dollars I got two batteries so not bad. :shrug:

When I get my REV DART LV I'm gonna punish it with dry ice kief, bubble hash, amber glass and wax to see how it tolerates different consistencies of extracts. I have a feeling the built in dabber will also make a handy stir stick for kief etc. Will keep you and everyone posted, should have results in t minus one week. :rockon:

Friar,

Darb

When using the new dart cart does the oil still climb the walls as much as the standard revolution?

Darb,

OF

I would think that the side load would be better for kief and bubble as they wont cause the same problems as the oil has due to the capilary effect. The Dart seems to me to be more designed for full melts.

:2c:

I have to agree with the Brother here. Although I haven't tried bubble in the DART prototype I have, I usually use the window at least partially when I've done it in the past in LV cart testing and using my original Revolution. Sometimes I shine a light in the window so I can see to scrape the debris out from the top. You need to stir between hits with bubble and kief, having extra access can't hurt and the poker will do you no good at all.

I also think the new very small ports at the top of the new DART chamber might plug with flying debris. It's already very hard to not end up sucking up kief or even bubble sometimes.

OF

OF,

OF

When using the new dart cart does the oil still climb the walls as much as the standard revolution?

Yes, and across the top too. But it drains back down for the most part. I got curious and let it build up until it was stable (stopped growing), I managed to scrape 43mg off the walls and top. IMO not much, really. My prototype is not plated, the production ones should stick even less. But the oil is condensing on the cooler metal like physics says it should it just makes it's way back into the pot again on it's own it seems.

Still considering an Alpha Lite core if I'm not thrilled with the performance from the Ego-T batts.

When I get my REV DART LV I'm gonna punish it with dry ice kief, bubble hash, amber glass and wax to see how it tolerates different consistencies of extracts. I have a feeling the built in dabber will also make a handy stir stick for kief etc. Will keep you and everyone posted, should have results in t minus one week.

Well and good. I'm finding a timeout is a big hassle with the LV on e-cig batteries. The TV units and the V2 and Persei are therefore the call IMO. You need maybe 20 seconds straight to get a serious hit. Hit a timeout and your probably best letting it cool and trying again. Really. It works, but not all that often. The bad hits are still pretty good, of course.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the poker being good for stirring the kief. It just kisses up to the center of the floor. This means it can't reach 'the corners'. It does do a good job on the top of the walls, but reaching the bottom 1/8 inch or so anywhere but dead center isn't happening.

OF

OF,

Darb

Looks
Yes, and across the top too. But it drains back down for the most part. I got curious and let it build up until it was stable (stopped growing), I managed to scrape 43mg off the walls and top. IMO not much, really. My prototype is not plated, the production ones should stick even less. But the oil is condensing on the cooler metal like physics says it should it just makes it's way back into the pot again on it's own it seems.

OF

Looks like I'll have to order one up then. My major issue was with the oil climbing the walls. The new dart looks really nice.

Darb,

Friar

^ So amberglass or wax ftw with the DART OF? Sounds good to me as that's what I consume more often than not these days.

Friar,
Reactions: SF Giant

OF

Looks

Looks like I'll have to order one up then. My major issue was with the oil climbing the walls. The new dart looks really nice.

Yup, it still climbs, but it seems to get hot all the way up and drains back down leaving the walls and poker 'wet' but not dripping. There's still a small ring at the bottom around the floor opening, but nothing like before. I'm running pretty stiff wax right now, thinner oils might do even better.

^ So amberglass or wax ftw with the DART OF? Sounds good to me as that's what I consume more often than not these days.

I haven't tried glass or shatter but I'm confident it's going to do great. For sure oil and wax are performing almost like the machine was designed for them.....

OF

kertong

*please delete me*
Ok, thanks to tim @ TV I have a production DART and I can hopefully help with the oil climbing issue. I did notice the inside of the walls coated with a thin layer of oil, and eventually it would come up and out of the dab tool as I removed/reinserted, etc. But it wasn't nearly as bad as the revolution with the window in my limited experience - the revolution hardly worked for me due to other issues, but the window gummed up quite quickly, and oil spread everywhere a lot more. In the dart, the oil was thin on the walls, but thickest at the base of the wall where the element is - seems to me it is draining right back down.

the dart is awesome so far. I've only used it with the harborside supermelts so far but what's this? you can use kief and bubble hash, you say?!!

kertong,

NewSchoolExplorer

I missed a few replies in there.... sorry :myday:

We are working on a new switch, but i cant divulge anything about it... :ninja: stay tuned!

Nothing is forever, but the quantity depends on the demand.

For the switch you could make it a twist with a spring on the bottom so as you can tighten the housing and the switch engages but thats my own temporary solution to those with troubles. I am sure you guys probably have a more ergonomic solution for those with disabilities.

Nothing for Ever= They will have it for some time as they would not develop a product and kill it unless it is unwise to continue to offer it. I think the original post was just to get people purchasing it. (The whole concept behind TV ads with limited offers is so that people feel to act now rather than wait and lose interest/find another product to meet their wants and needs etc.

e.g. call in the next 20 minutes and we will double your offer (Google Marketing Promotion/Business Ads for more info)

Either way TV cares about their customers and tries to avoid punishing early adopters in the most reasonable means possible. Thanks ThermoVape for the constant quality in product and after purchase services.
Is the dabber on the DART high heat resistant bc I am thinking if heat is carefully applied by a torch lighter prior to closing the DART the oil could remain in a melty state and thus result in quicker hits?

For those of you who have a DART can you post a video showing how long it takes to get an avg hit melted off the tip of the DART and onto the heating element and vapor production? TV and owners of DART if the video is too much to ask can some people just inform us how long it takes?

Also any news on the development on the drop in dart for early adopters?

@Kertong: Agree with Stu, just bc you can doesnt mean you should. Perfect explaination bc its a pain in the @$$ to clean with all the gunk left behind with the lower quality concentrates

NewSchoolExplorer,
Top Bottom