Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Does the ultralight get as hot from use like the larger models?

Hotter, of course. That's the way heat works. The LR cart still runs at the same power level (about ten Watts) as it does on any other 3.7 Volt source, so the smaller battery has to get hotter than the larger would (having 'more heat per pound' of stuff involved). While it's a little more complex cutting the mass in half will double the temperature rise more or less.

The limiting heat area is however, the cart not the body. It seems to get heat transferred up high into the cart far more than the old style. Having a closed metal top with little holes at right angles, and typically with some plugged with oil no less, I suspect causes heat to transfer to the cart rather than going up the open flue the drip tip provides. Vapor condenses here, to slowly drip back down into the pot again. This change from gas to liquid gives up huge amounts of energy relatively (the reason steam burns are so bad, steam condenses on your skin instantly heating it to 212 degrees with all the power the steam stream can provide). This helps the melt down of course, but limits the rate you can hit it.

Besides, once you get the 'art' of hitting it down, one or two hits is all you're really likely to want for a bit. Right KT?

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
thanks, I was not as clear as I should have been, I meant the body/switch more so than the dart portion. I remember people saying the rev got hot to hold after a few rounds of heating due to the battery heating up as well as the cart.

jambandphan03,

OF

thanks, I was not as clear as I should have been, I meant the body/switch more so than the dart portion. I remember people saying the rev got hot to hold after a few rounds of heating due to the battery heating up as well as the cart.

You're welcome, but I'm the one not being clear. You asked 'does the little one get as hot as the big one?'. I said 'no, it gets hotter because of the laws of physics'.

I then added information on how the cart gets too hot before the battery does anyway. Probably should have left that part out.

Anyway did answer your question?

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
Besides, once you get the 'art' of hitting it down, one or two hits is all you're really likely to want for a bit. Right KT?

... (nod).....

*COUGH COUGH COUGH*. sorry about that, ok...

there's definitely a learning curve, at first the clouds were pretty inconsistent (sometimes fat, sometimes wispy), but once i got the rhythm of loading, heating/priming, drawing, etc down, I was on cloud 9! The way I see it is that this thing is like driving a low power, low weight momentum car like a lotus elise, versus a brute power torque monster like the corvette (persei). Maybe it's the ceramic, or the sealed metal body, but it seems to retain heat quite well. While the omi carts heat up, cool back down, heat up, etc between each draw.. the dart seems to progressively build up heat, getting hotter and hotter between draws until you can't see your own nose from the vapors covering your face.

Very happy with this unit right now. :) The built in dabber is just so ingenious. Makes loading such a cinch, I was originally going to use the revolution as my at-home, nightstand medicator, but I dont see any reason not to make it my portable.. just carry this, and a vial of concentrate..

2clicker

Observer
ok so i seem to be having a similar issue to what Kertong had going on. i just popped in freshly charged 3.7V cells into my Detonator threw on my brand new Rev (window) and im getting nothing. its crazy because just the other day i tested everything out to make sure it would fire up. and boy did it.

unfortunately at the time i didnt have any materials to work with, but now i do and was going to give the Rev a test drive and now nothing... :uhh: the hell is going on?

2clicker,

OF

ok so i seem to be having a similar issue to what Kertong had going on. i just popped in freshly charged 3.7V cells into my Detonator threw on my brand new Rev (window) and im getting nothing. its crazy because just the other day i tested everything out to make sure it would fire up. and boy did it.

unfortunately at the time i didnt have any materials to work with, but now i do and was going to give the Rev a test drive and now nothing... :uhh: the hell is going on?

I'm not so sure that's the same issue, maybe similar symptoms? What do we have to work with? I don't know the unit, is there a light on it? Do you have a 510 thread something else you can screw on to test the rest of the system?

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You're welcome, but I'm the one not being clear. You asked 'does the little one get as hot as the big one?'. I said 'no, it gets hotter because of the laws of physics'.

I then added information on how the cart gets too hot before the battery does anyway. Probably should have left that part out.

Anyway did answer your question?

OF

I was not sure if you meant just the dart gets hot or the battery part, or both. That part was not very clear. If you mean to say Yes the battery chamber/switch does get hot or hotter than the larger one, that does answer my question. I was just hoping that with the smaller battery, it would not heat up as much as the stacked batteries do. I have used other mods with the 10440 batteries and the battery portion did not heat up the way the 2- stacked 3.0 batteries tend to do.

jambandphan03,

OF

I was not sure if you meant just the dart gets hot or the battery part, or both. That part was not very clear. If you mean to say Yes the battery chamber/switch does get hot or hotter than the larger one, that does answer my question. I was just hoping that with the smaller battery, it would not heat up as much as the stacked batteries do. I have used other mods with the 10440 batteries and the battery portion did not heat up the way the 2- stacked 3.0 batteries tend to do.

It's important to say that it's Revolution not T1 at six Volts (T1 has a heat shield for a reason...), but yes, IMO the smaller battery heats faster than the large. But IMO it's not a limiting factor, heat in the cart is. It can get uncomfortable, but not painful.

OF

OF,

Dj Bass

My two cents... Bubble, Keif and other "soften rather than melt" extracts tend to work better in the T1 with some makeshift filters in it rather than in the rev. I find the sucking up chunks problem unavoidable with solids that need a lot of heat in the rev, whereas in the T1 it just heats up nice in a patty and gives you all its goodies, and believe me there is plenty of heat.

The rev is really where its at for anything that melts completely, but if it would leave solids, package it up with some inert materials or something dry to keep in from leaking all over the place and heat it in the T1.

2clicker

Observer
I'm not so sure that's the same issue, maybe similar symptoms? What do we have to work with? I don't know the unit, is there a light on it? Do you have a 510 thread something else you can screw on to test the rest of the system?

OF

no lights on it. its the Gman detonator... also known as a Maxi Rough Stack seen here:
http://www.madvapes.com/Maxi-RoughStack-V2_p_2996.html

unfortunately i do not have anything else to test on it. well i do have some 1.5 Omicarts, but they 7.4v will destroy those no...?

im really at a loss for what to do. it worked fine the other day. wtf?

2clicker,

OF

no lights on it. its the Gman detonator... also known as a Maxi Rough Stack seen here:
http://www.madvapes.com/Maxi-RoughStack-V2_p_2996.html

unfortunately i do not have anything else to test on it. well i do have some 1.5 Omicarts, but they 7.4v will destroy those no...?

im really at a loss for what to do. it worked fine the other day. wtf?

Cool, thanks for the link. Let me read a bit and think? Off hand, as you know, in troubleshooting it's a useful tool to eliminate stuff. How about you stuff enough aluminum foil in the bottom of the unit so it makes connection with only one battery inside and try a brief test at 3.7 Volts on the 1.5 ohm carts? ahve to be fast, of course, but it would confirm the battery is OK and focus suspicion upwards?

The rev is really where its at for anything that melts completely, but if it would leave solids, package it up with some inert materials or something dry to keep in from leaking all over the place and heat it in the T1.

I agree completely with this. I've been experimenting with the idea of a pad for bubble too. While it works OK, well at times, it takes a LOT of power. I get at most a few hits and need second batteries to finish the load. But I've also barely avoided leaking into the Heat Core so until I find a safer technique I'll keep searching.

BTW I found a fine mesh 5/8 inch SS screen on the top is a big plus with bubble. Keeps the top clean and constrains the bubble in the bowl. Word great for ground bud too, BTW.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am about to pull the trigger on the Dart, and noticed shipping is almost $10??? for such a tiny part?? really? Is there any way this can be changed. I understand higher shipping charges for kits or larger items, but the dart...

jambandphan03,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
I am about to pull the trigger on the Dart, and noticed shipping is almost $10??? for such a tiny part?? really? Is there any way this can be changed. I understand higher shipping charges for kits or larger items, but the dart...

Call their phone#, I did the same when seeing their only shipping option in Google Checkout was 10 dollars. They hooked me up with a much more reasonable USPS priority package.

QuantumTimeSpace,

kertong

*please delete me*
2clicker: oh man, oh man. I really hope you aren't having the same problems that I had. The simplest explanation for the problems I experienced, was that the universal adapter was threaded/twisted on too tight and ended up "pushing" the center post of the battery deeper into the body, so that later when I tried an omi or standard 510 cart on it with adapter, the pin was too low and never made contact with the cart. Unfortunately this problem is pretty complex as it's a few factors (lower pin not making contact, pin driving itself into body and shorting, solder wire possibly breaking off the post inside due to movement, etc), but it only takes one small oversight and overtightening to get into this weird situation. I can see how others might fall into the same trap, so thermovape if I were you I would put a FAT warning on the universal adapters saying not to twist them in all the way, etc. I think some units' center + pins are more fragile than others...

You mentioned the batt doesn't have LED lights on it? That makes it so hard to troubleshoot. Outside of teh thermovale rev, have any other carts on it worked since the initial failure? WIthout an LED it's hard to say.. but try this, thread the universal adapter onto the cart first, until it's bottomed out.. then thread the whole thing into your battery, but *super* loosely. Until the bottom post is just barely kissing and making contact witht he + terminal in the battery. Hold the button for 5-6 seconds and feel the dart to see if its getting warm. Repeat a few times. If no heat, either loosen or tighten the assembly and try again.. that's the best advice i can give right now but without a multimeter or a battery with LED on it, it's going to be tough :(

kertong,

2clicker

Observer
Cool, thanks for the link. Let me read a bit and think? Off hand, as you know, in troubleshooting it's a useful tool to eliminate stuff. How about you stuff enough aluminum foil in the bottom of the unit so it makes connection with only one battery inside and try a brief test at 3.7 Volts on the 1.5 ohm carts? ahve to be fast, of course, but it would confirm the battery is OK and focus suspicion upwards?

i suppose i could give that a shot. ill have to check it out when i get home. your foil idea just gave me an idea... what if there was a metal decoy cell... somthing that was the same size as the reg cells and you could run that on bottom with a 3.7V on top. wouldnt this allow a user to use the same vape/battery, but have the option of 3.7V and 7.4V...? i may have someone machine one up for me and check it out.

2clicker: oh man, oh man. I really hope you aren't having the same problems that I had. The simplest explanation for the problems I experienced, was that the universal adapter was threaded/twisted on too tight and ended up "pushing" the center post of the battery deeper into the body, so that later when I tried an omi or standard 510 cart on it with adapter, the pin was too low and never made contact with the cart. Unfortunately this problem is pretty complex as it's a few factors (lower pin not making contact, pin driving itself into body and shorting, solder wire possibly breaking off the post inside due to movement, etc), but it only takes one small oversight and overtightening to get into this weird situation. I can see how others might fall into the same trap, so thermovape if I were you I would put a FAT warning on the universal adapters saying not to twist them in all the way, etc. I think some units' center + pins are more fragile than others...

You mentioned the batt doesn't have LED lights on it? That makes it so hard to troubleshoot. Outside of teh thermovale rev, have any other carts on it worked since the initial failure? WIthout an LED it's hard to say.. but try this, thread the universal adapter onto the cart first, until it's bottomed out.. then thread the whole thing into your battery, but *super* loosely. Until the bottom post is just barely kissing and making contact witht he + terminal in the battery. Hold the button for 5-6 seconds and feel the dart to see if its getting warm. Repeat a few times. If no heat, either loosen or tighten the assembly and try again.. that's the best advice i can give right now but without a multimeter or a battery with LED on it, it's going to be tough :(

im not using any adapter. my Detonator is threaded 510 as is the Rev so it mates perfectly. also im using a side load Rev not a dart (shouldnt be dif i suppose). i dont have any other carts to test out unless i try OFs suggestion.

by the center pins being fragile... do you mean the bottom contact on the Rev itself or part of an adapter?

maybe the contact on my Detonator is height adjustable (just like the Double Agent) and that its pushed down too far to make contact... hmmmm.

2clicker,

kertong

*please delete me*
sorry, i meant the bottom contact post of the battery/power unit :) on both my omicron v1 and omicron v2, those posts got pushed into the body and caused all sorts of intermittent problems..

kertong,

2clicker

Observer
sorry, i meant the bottom contact post of the battery/power unit :) on both my omicron v1 and omicron v2, those posts got pushed into the body and caused all sorts of intermittent problems..

im willing to bet this is the issue. how did you fix it? were you able to gently get a hold of the contact and pull it out?

i remember Julie from Gmans saying something about being able to pull out the contact on their double agent pen.

i hope its that easy. im getting tired of waiting to use these devices.

2clicker,

kertong

*please delete me*
2clicker: yup! the gaps are so narrow so it was a combination of prying and tweezing that finally pulled the pins up. Once they came out, I made sure the solder joint was good (one required resoldering as it was held on by one or two remaining filmanets only), used some folded paper to wrap around the center pin to insulate it (as the existing plastic insulation had gotten oil soaked, brittle, and cracked/fell away from the body), and reinserted. Works like a champ now, been using my dart and omi cart both on it.

Good luck! Keep us updated. :)

kertong,

2clicker

Observer
2clicker: yup! the gaps are so narrow so it was a combination of prying and tweezing that finally pulled the pins up. Once they came out, I made sure the solder joint was good (one required resoldering as it was held on by one or two remaining filmanets only), used some folded paper to wrap around the center pin to insulate it (as the existing plastic insulation had gotten oil soaked, brittle, and cracked/fell away from the body), and reinserted. Works like a champ now, been using my dart and omi cart both on it.

Good luck! Keep us updated. :)

will do! ive been curious about the insulation in the connections and adapters. was wondering what they were made of.

it sucks that these center pins are moveable. unless that is a purposeful function...?

KT, can you tell me how many threads are on your Rev? im wondering if i do indeed still need the adapter. possibly there are more threads on my Rev than on my Detonator connection, thus forcing the center pin down when Rev is screwed in all the way... hmmm

2clicker,

kertong

*please delete me*
possibly there are more threads on my Rev than on my Detonator connection, thus forcing the center pin down when Rev is screwed in all the way... hmmm

fuck! if that is what happened, then yes, that is exactly what happened to me. Thread these guys until they bottom out, then finger tighten but NO MORE - anything more, and depending on how strong the pin on your battery is,it'll move it..

the insulation on my units were made of a slightly malleable plastic. It's soft and works well right now, but with repeated hot/cold cycles, I can see why it would get dry and crack. My omi v1, after a LOT of use and abuse, had the plastic cracked, which is why the center pin was moving around so much..

kertong,

OF

i suppose i could give that a shot. ill have to check it out when i get home. your foil idea just gave me an idea... what if there was a metal decoy cell... somthing that was the same size as the reg cells and you could run that on bottom with a 3.7V on top. wouldnt this allow a user to use the same vape/battery, but have the option of 3.7V and 7.4V...? i may have someone machine one up for me and check it out.

Actually not my idea, my suggestion. It's an old idea, the actual name is "dummy", go figure.

I wouldn't mess with machining one for a test, I never did, even with the machine and stock down the hall. Take a sheet of foil, fold it into a strip as wide as the cell is tall and roll it up to size. Easier to start if you double the end over. Wind until you get to size, trim off the roach, tape the end and push it down. Should work fine. You don't need or really want a permanent one. If you decide to go that way, go to a longer cell for higher life.

Good luck. Remember, one change at a time.....

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
If you decide to go that way, go to a longer cell for higher life.

Good luck. Remember, one change at a time.....

OF

yeah right after i posted that i realized that there are cells available that are larger and 3.7V and would be better than a dummy cell.

thanks for the help!

2clicker,
Top Bottom