Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Mine only hits well when the lower part weighs under 4.75g. If I put too much in it bairly hits. Once it gets below 4.75 it starts hitting again. When clean it weighs 4.56g, after use about 4.67g when empty. So I get about .1 lost or coated in there somewhere. When it is between 4.67g and 4.75g mine works well. I also try to empty it out as much as possible before adding more.

I agree fully. The more I mess with this the more it's clear to me that more than needed is a very bad idea. My thinking is nothing really happens until the entire assembly is up to temperature. Like boiling a pan of water, the more in there the longer it's going to take for the same heat. More important, I think the heat moves slowly through the material (unlike the pan of water) due to the ceramic material. Eventually, put too much in and the whole thing stalls out.

I recall finding more 'stored' but not by much. My guess is that's differences in concentrates and users?

Thanks for the thoughts. I think they're not only accurate but give very useful insight if a guy thinks about it a bit. For sure it can make the unit stand up and dance on demand.

OF

Edit: A point worth mentioning is a couple of times I didn't have much luck with boiling the unit. It wouldn't work 'like new' after. At least one of those times I'd been messing with bubble hash, really cooking it to see what the limits were. In those cases a wash in ISO in the ultrasonic sink or two did the trick. My thinking is the gunk was staying trapped inside in the boil. Once it was washed out, the water got in and all was well. I now do it routinely (while waiting for the water to boil). No further issues. Since most folks don't have an ultrasonic cleaner hanging around the house, I suggest an overnight soak in a small vial full of ISO with some shaking might work as well. OF

2clicker

Observer
I wouldn't be worried but mine has never really hit that well tbh. Not as thick as an omicron cart for sure and I'm pretty sure people consider the revolution to run a bit hotter...

But still, I find I just can't get anything more than a thin blue vapor even after heating for over a minute. I can add more oil but it just means I get slightly more thin blue vapor...

sounds to me like its not getting enough juice to it. if your heating for a min and only getting thin vapor then something is wrong. my Reg V Dart produces THICK clouds after about 8-12 second warmup. depending on if the Dart itself was just loaded or if im vaping off what is already absorbed into the porous ceramic. the freshly loaded oil that is on the dart/dabber will heat up and drop onto the ceramic with less heat up. when heating up what was absorbed previously from a cold unit... takes a little longer (3-5 seconds longer) but performs the same after that.

i find the Dart to hit much better than my Omi carts. BUT i have only used the original 2.4ohm Omi carts at 3.7V so maybe the 1.5ohm carts at 3.7V would give me heavier rips...? either way im waiting much longer to heat up an Omi cart than the Dart and not getting near the amount of vapor. as for the airflow... when i got my Dart i opened it up and just pulled air through it. i was very impressed with the airflow. then i took a brand new Omi cart and pulled through it. i got about half the airflow from it than i did from the Dart. and when the Omi cart is full... its not even close. i find the Omi carts to be much more work for a solid hit than the Dart. the Dart heats up and spews out vapor well faster than my Omi carts. because of that my Dart doesnt get NEAR as hot as my Omi carts do.

i dont know maybe its the 2.4ohm carts that are my problem. i havent touched them since getting my Dart. in fact ive been thinking about reclaiming what i can from them for use in the Dart.

in regard to the capacity the Omi carts kill the Dart no question. that is what i do really like about the Omi carts, but now i just carry a small violiv jar around and dab out of it whenever the Dart needs it. problem solved. i am still planning on getting a 1.5ohm Omi cart to see if it performs better than the 2.4ohm does. im going to buy from planetvape so i dont have to buy 5 of them.

anyone wanna trade a 1.5ohm Omi cart for two brand new 2.4ohm carts?

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
sounds to me like its not getting enough juice to it. if your heating for a min and only getting thin vapor then something is wrong. my Reg V Dart produces THICK clouds after about 8-12 second warmup. depending on if the Dart itself was just loaded or if im vaping off what is already absorbed into the porous ceramic. the freshly loaded oil that is on the dart/dabber will heat up and drop onto the ceramic with less heat up. when heating up what was absorbed previously from a cold unit... takes a little longer (3-5 seconds longer) but performs the same after that.

i find the Dart to hit much better than my Omi carts. BUT i have only used the original 2.4ohm Omi carts at 3.7V so maybe the 1.5ohm carts at 3.7V would give me heavier rips...? either way im waiting much longer to heat up an Omi cart than the Dart and not getting near the amount of vapor. as for the airflow... when i got my Dart i opened it up and just pulled air through it. i was very impressed with the airflow. then i took a brand new Omi cart and pulled through it. i got about half the airflow from it than i did from the Dart. and when the Omi cart is full... its not even close. i find the Omi carts to be much more work for a solid hit than the Dart. the Dart heats up and spews out vapor well faster than my Omi carts. because of that my Dart doesnt get NEAR as hot as my Omi carts do.

i dont know maybe its the 2.4ohm carts that are my problem. i havent touched them since getting my Dart. in fact ive been thinking about reclaiming what i can from them for use in the Dart.

in regard to the capacity the Omi carts kill the Dart no question. that is what i do really like about the Omi carts, but now i just carry a small violiv jar around and dab out of it whenever the Dart needs it. problem solved. i am still planning on getting a 1.5ohm Omi cart to see if it performs better than the 2.4ohm does. im going to buy from planetvape so i dont have to buy 5 of them.

fully agree w/ the bulk of this. (and 2clicker and i rarely do, jk.) however 1.5's or using the persei i can get slightly bigger rips in total w/ that amount of power. in short omi v1 original cart<darts<lower ohm w9 carts. draw and ease of use goes to dart, capacity to w9. i would maybe pawn off the rev at a loss to a friend, after a really good clean and teste hit to make sure it's not fried, and get a dart. 'specially if money isn't an object. if it is, pawn it off anyway and wait a few months. the competition's model will be out and you can make a more informed decision. my 2 cents.

JoeKickass

v1 original cart<darts<lower ohm w9 carts.

Ok I feel a bit better, that was my initial impression as well. I guess I've just been spoiled by the 5 ohms :D

I have a milligram scale so I'll give it a weigh in and deep cleaning today, then I'll try a less-is-more approach & long warmup, wish me luck!

JoeKickass

Ok so official weight = 4.637g :rolleyes:

I didn't even bother cleaning it, just took a little dab (even though to me the ceramic looked pretty fouled/saturated...) and it made a little vapor. So I thought, might as well go for the gusto!

Took a fat dab, about 100mg, pre-heated the bottom ceramic until it was swimming in vapor and let her rip:

:leaf: :mmmm::leaf:

I guess it was hard for me to visualize how much oil you actually use in a high power omicart rip. But I just took a good five big rips that I would consider to be about equal in cloudage and the cart only lost 30mg... is the revolution inefficient or is it just delivering more potent hits?

JoeKickass,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

What is the capacity of the Omi carts?

Tim

SameOldTim,

2clicker

Observer
I guess it was hard for me to visualize how much oil you actually use in a high power omicart rip. But I just took a good five big rips that I would consider to be about equal in cloudage and the cart only lost 30mg... is the revolution inefficient or is it just delivering more potent hits?

its not wasting any oil so id say they are more potent... or thicker hits. this is why it was suggested that the Evo is more like a "nail cart" than anything else. because you can do giant dabs with it when you want. you can also go the efficient route and load less and expect thinner hits. dont get me wrong i love clouds, but im not going for them on the norm. i try to use as little meds as possible to get where i wanna go. but when i wanna chalk a tube the Dart does it with flying colors.

its all about finding the correct warm up time and draw speed to match your desired results. IMO the Dart and reg Rev are pretty versatile units.

What is the capacity of the Omi carts?

Tim

yup. as JKA said they say a gram is the max.

2clicker,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
They say 1 gram max, but around 0.5g often works better.

When I first got one I filled it with 1.5g by accident but it all fit somehow... (maybe it was dense?)

Does anyone make one with a larger capacity?

SameOldTim,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
just curious as to how long it takes for refunds to hit accounts from TV after return is sent in. anyone w/ experience? i think i used google checkout
EDiT
on a side note just found some clear, HIGH TEMP (looking at you OF) tubing for attaching these suckers to water pieces.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/3-8-clear-hi-temp-tubing.html
not sure if this was ever solved b4. i know some people had opaque food grade vinyl and stuff, but thought this woud be tits in terms of safety and visibility. with a long tip all should be perfect.

Bob Loblaw,

JoeKickass

I just keep heating and vaping.

Yeah I've figured out the performance side of this thing: if the vapor getting thin add more oil, simple as that since I always used charged batteries.

One thing I have noticed is minor leakage around the bottom holes, is there any way to prevent this?

JoeKickass,

OF

EDiT
on a side note just found some clear, HIGH TEMP (looking at you OF) tubing for attaching these suckers to water pieces.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/3-8-clear-hi-temp-tubing.html
not sure if this was ever solved b4.

Looks better than Lowe's to me. It's good to 212 degrees (boiling water)? This is what I use for most things like this, good to 500 and 'food grade'. I bought ten foot pieces of 3 different sizes years ago (nesting) and have solved all sorts of things with it since:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

I just keep heating and vaping.

That's my technique too, one of the few 'clean up jobs' I look forward to, actually....

Yeah I've figured out the performance side of this thing: if the vapor getting thin add more oil, simple as that since I always used charged batteries.

One thing I have noticed is minor leakage around the bottom holes, is there any way to prevent this?

That 'don't put more in until it's running on fumes again is my current technique as well. But it's important to remember weak batteries 'look' the same. I've lost track and added more when I shouldn't have making it worse, not better. 'Always at least question battery state before adding oil' is probably a good rule too.

The only times I've had leakage down low is when I've overfilled. I think for that reason. I should think concentrate 'thinness' also plays a role?

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
I just purchased some high temp silicone tubing from these guys like jamandphan did. Speedy service and the product I liked came in 5 foot lengths :)

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-silicone-rubber-tubing/=ha3il3

if you put ".5" (or any fraction) in the quantity box on mcmasters site they wwill cut it down to 2.5'. they will simply sell you exactly how much you need/want. that is why i love mcmaster carr. great service also. this is not the case for all of their products, but ive purchase quite a few items there and almost always ive been able to break the "ship" quantity/size down.

im going to be buying some clear acrylic tubing from there with some plyable vinyl end caps. planning on making a nice storage tube for both my Dart and LV Evo. similar to what TV ships with their products, but one tube to hold both units. also planning on making some battery sleeves.

2clicker,
Reactions: t-dub

Cinnamonster

The only times I've had leakage down low is when I've overfilled. I think for that reason. I should think concentrate 'thinness' also plays a role?

OF

My Dart leaked for the first time yesterday. I wasn't getting any vapor, but I still kept trying (I think I may have clogged the bottom part due to too much concentrate since the top part wasn't clogged). Eventually, I was able to, but when I unscrewed the dart, it was leaking. I thought "Oh no, it's bleeding.." and my mind started to wander off for a bit...
It was very easy to clean though, and it's working very very well again. These things are built to last!

Cinnamonster,
Reactions: prk

prk

My Dart leaked for the first time yesterday. I wasn't getting any vapor, but I still kept trying (I think I may have clogged the bottom part due to too much concentrate since the top part wasn't clogged). Eventually, I was able to, but when I unscrewed the dart, it was leaking. I thought "Oh no, it's bleeding.." and my mind started to wander off for a bit...
It was very easy to clean though, and it's working very very well again. These things are built to last!

Same thing has happened to me once or twice. I also think it's an issue of over-filling, aka user error. If it keeps happening, or happens under different circumstances, I'd be concerned though. IIRC others in this same thread have had similar over-filling experiences with the standard Rev as well... Ya just can't treat these guys like an Omi cart - they're a whole different beast.

prk,
Top Bottom