Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

prk

Oh poop. I broke down tonight and decided to order a DART - reached into my pocket and got a window-full of oil, oops. This stuff is hard to get off! No more, I give up! Sadly, it doesn't seem like it was meant to be, TV's payment system seems to be on the fritz... Darn, was really hoping to get the new setup by Monday too (I'm in the LA area, so not THAT far.) To Google Checkout or not to Google Checkout, that is the question... Too bad it only allows one shipping option, and doesn't tell you the carrier or speed!

prk,

bruno13

insomniac
After a few day with my LV Dart I am loving it. No window -> no oily mess. Here I show how the dabber works for ooy gooy.

bruno13

insomniac
Cool little power supply, where did it come from?

TIA

OF

Thanks, I made it, but got the parts at madvapes.com. Easy to make and cost about $10, sans batteries and charger. The lv draws alot of current. I measured the resistance to be 1.5 ohm, so I liked two imrs in parallel to reduce current draw on each and give me plenty of use time.

I do not know how much it holds. I put in 0.08g each time I load. How much can I put in and how much max can it hold?

bruno13,

Darb

Question for you guys.......will your revolution put out visible vapor if you just keep holding the switch down without puffing?

Darb,

OF

Thanks, I made it, but got the parts at madvapes.com. Easy to make and cost about $10, sans batteries and charger. The lv draws alot of current. I measured the resistance to be 1.5 ohm, so I liked two imrs in parallel to reduce current draw on each and give me plenty of use time.

Cool, thanks, it was the high DC current switch I was looking for. Yup, lots of steam involved.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Question for you guys.......will your revolution put out visible vapor if you just keep holding the switch down without puffing?

Yes, but it's kind of a waste.... Some drifts out the top and lower vents if the air current are right sometimes but I just ran one 45 seconds flat out with nary a wisp. I can't recommend the practice.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Round 2 with the dart... took a generous dab of some qwiso, popped the cap on, heated for about 5 seconds, started to draw... sweet, sweet vapor. So far I am very satisfied with the dart. I have been able to plug and play with it from the get go. Genius loading tool. Makes it so easy, the main thing I have to watch is not bumping the sides when I insert the top, and letting the tip cool between dabs so my oil will stick to the tip.
:rockon:

I'm afraid my Rev is going to be benched for a while. At least it will be there if I need to use it, and I am glad I got to be a part of the beginning of this wonderful journey... now to be able to have better quality concentrates... a bit jealous of all you CA people...

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Round 2 with the dart.

Do you have the LV version or regular version? I just saw bruno13 video with the LV and the massive amounts of vapor...and I am sort of scared of the regular version :uhoh:

However I NEED to try it, since my Revolution isn't for me any more...but I don't want to spend another $90+ on a battery.

I wonder what the difference is in the clouds? Anyone have both LV and Regular with the T1?

bruno13

insomniac
Do you have the LV version or regular version? I just saw bruno13 video with the LV and the massive amounts of vapor...and I am sort of scared of the regular version :uhoh:

However I NEED to try it, since my Revolution isn't for me any more...but I don't want to spend another $90+ on a battery.

I wonder what the difference is in the clouds? Anyone have both LV and Regular with the T1?

I have both, but actually like the LV better. Both give the same size hits, but for me the LV is easier to control.

I also have been meaning to comment on your eterra. I have not seen many other users. I got mine in 2000 and loved it and used it until I got my omni. Now it is collecting dust, but it was the ultimate for many years.

bruno13,

OF

Guilty. I have a regular Revolution (6 Volts) and prototypes of the LV I was given to evaluate that span the final heater values (I tested 'hotter' and 'colder' ones in LV), overall I found no real difference. The differences between one and another were smaller than the differences with any one over time and variables in loads. Watts is watts.

There is an argument that LV versions can use thicker wire for the coil and therefore should be tougher, that has yet to be proved, but even if so performance is basically the same. I've done A/B tests with two vapes, two 3.0 Volt batteries in one for the 6 Volt, a single 3.7 in the other for LV, one in each hand. Can't tell 'em apart.

OF

OF,
Reactions: sessnet

2clicker

Observer
can anyone elaborate on why the LV Revs arent designed to work on 3.7V variable voltage devices or 3.7V passthrough devices...?

2clicker,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I also have been meaning to comment on your eterra.

:D I actually have two eterras (one I lent to a friend but he still has it). I used it everyday, all day for a long time. Mine still works. Fun times!!!!

There is an e-terra thread on here - you should bump it :)

I think the LV looks like it does the job good. What makes the non-LV version better than the LV version to you?

OF

can anyone elaborate on why the LV Revs arent designed to work on 3.7V variable voltage devices or 3.7V passthrough devices...?

Who said they're not? The Revolution is a variable voltage device, I have them in 6.0 and 3.7 Volt versions and convert one to the other with battery changes. They came from the maker this way.....

And TV seems to think they work well on Persei? Just do it at 3.7 Volts, don't put the six Volt version on two 3.7 Volt batteries charged to 8.4 total.......

OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac

I think the LV looks like it does the job good. What makes the non-LV version better than the LV version to you?

I like the LV version better. They both give great results. For oils the windowless dart is definitely better. For me the 3.7v is just alot more convenient, I have a bunch of 3.7v batteries. With 6v, I found it would get too hot too quickly. It actually softened the glue holding my 6v mod together. I have not had any problems with the DLV.

bruno13,
Reactions: sessnet

2clicker

Observer
Who said they're not? The Revolution is a variable voltage device, I have them in 6.0 and 3.7 Volt versions and convert one to the other with battery changes. They came from the maker this way.....

i wanna say i read it online somewhere... ill try to find it.

so the 3.7V Rev is fully capable of being run on a device that will start at 4.2V when fully charged? and its also capable of being used on an eGo passthrough, while being charged, such as this...?

http://www.madvapes.com/Ego-510-Passthrough-37-Volt_p_3244.html

2clicker,

OF

i wanna say i read it online somewhere... ill try to find it.

so the 3.7V Rev is fully capable of being run on a device that will start at 4.2V when fully charged? and its also capable of being used on an eGo passthrough, while being charged, such as this...?

http://www.madvapes.com/Ego-510-Passthrough-37-Volt_p_3244.html

I believe the answer is yes in both cases. The battery they supply, comes off the charger they also supply at 4.2 Volts. The passthrough you list is the same one I have (I think), it's not a true pass trough (spelt the other way) in that it's really a charger on the built in battery. The internal battery is doing the work, the charger can't magically make a dozen Watts out of the 5 or less from the USB, all it can do is store up against the future need. I've used mine just fine, although I think the TV supply might have the edge on delivering more heat.

OF

OF,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Anybody tried something besides water to moisten the pure flow/tru-flow mouthpieces?

I was thinking of a couple of drops of this nice Bourbon I have, or perhaps even some cannabis tincture to supercharge it?
Tru-Flow Drip Tip

Sinclue,
Reactions: kertong

OF

Anybody tried something besides water to moisten the pure flow/tru-flow mouthpieces?

I was thinking of a couple of drops of this nice Bourbon I have, or perhaps even some cannabis tincture to supercharge it?
Tru-Flow Drip Tip

I've joked about Single Malts, so Bourbon has my backing. I'm not big on that new barrel thing, but I've had my share of sour mashes and branch water.....

For now I'm having too much fun with a drop or two of water. Put this sucker on top of the nearest DART and supercharging is not needed or recommended. Seriously tames the hit to the point I loose track and take too much. No serious Revolution should be with out it. Perhaps not all the time, but it does something truly sweet.

OF

OF

whats the max load for the dart?
would it be possible to get 100+ hits from one load?

No, not even if they were tiny tiny little ones. The level of hits it delivers that's like a gram.

My advice is 'load light and often'. I load about 1/20 of a gram for half a dozen or so hits, maybe up to a tenth for a dozen? But I'd expect the first several to be slow and harder to control. Plan on ten, not a hundred. But plan on those doing the job unless you're seriously into nail hits and the like. There's no cure yet for a 'several big dabs' habit AFAIK. Anyone know different?

OF

kertong

*please delete me*
@OF: Glad to hear the pureflow is working out!

I tried it myself - I don't know if it's the moisture conditioning or not but it *seems* to make the vapor smoother, with less of a throat-hit. My tolerance is a little wacky as a daily around-the-clock medical patient, so it's hard for me to measure small changes in potency but maybe the lack of throat hit from the moisture conditioning is giving me the false impression that the vapor is weaker..

It fits nicely on the omicron carts as well, though I'm not 100% sure if the omicron vapor is "hot" enough to evaporate the water in the ceramic.. i shall start testing. :) i've dremeled some grooves into the bottom of the pureflow so the oil can drain back out of the flue and back down into the tank. :) testing commences!

edit: just tried some chem dog D supermelt that i've been puffing on all day without the pureflow filter, with the pureflow. It does seem smoother, and just the same if not more potent, but it is really, really hard for me to rule out placebo here. Gonna have to rope somebody into helping me do a double blind placebo test... one thing I *do* notice, and is not placebo, is that it adds some restriction on your draw, so you are forced to draw slow and steady . This might help get some even and thick vapor..

edit2: ok, about 10 more puffs later and *now* i'm def starting to notice a difference. My throat still feels normal and not dry/swollen (i has allergic rhinitis unfortunately). Usually by this time my throat feels a little sore and is on the verge of rattling with each exhale and I have to put the happy stick down a little bit. I'm going to continue puffing and see how it works, but so far so good. :) seems to work really well with puregold too, smooths out that harsh stinging throat sensation quite a bit!

Top Bottom