Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

bruno13

insomniac
What is the resistance of the rev? Can it be used at 7.4(8.4) volts? Will it get too hot? How about a 10w, 5 v passthrough? Can the LV rev be used with a 5v passthrough and what is its resistance?

bruno13,

OF

What is the resistance of the rev? Can it be used at 7.4(8.4) volts? Will it get too hot? How about a 10w, 5 v passthrough? Can the LV rev be used with a 5v passthrough and what is its resistance?

Lets see, 15 Watts divided by 6 Volts is 2.5 Amps. Now, 6 Volts divided by 2.5 Amps is 2.4 Ohms. That's kinda fun, where have we heard that value before? The original Omicron carts (3.7 Volts, 1.5 Amps, just under 6 Watts).

The Revolution is designed to run on 6 Volts, not 7.4 let alone 8.4. Likewise, overdriving the LV by 1.3 Volts is also a bad idea IMO, I'll be very surprised if TV authorizes it. I'm sure not about to do it with mine.

I don't know what the final resistance of the LV ended up being, I'm sure we'll know soon. But 2.4 seems a good resistance number for the 6 Volters and the design voltages are what I'd recommend feeding them with.

OF

OF,
Got my revolution today and I'm very disappointed. side port sucks balls. hits are not as big as I expected. the bho seems to collect along the sides near the bottom where the ceramic disk lies.

so now ive got an omicron, arizer solo and thermovape revolution that ive wasted my money on.....

I'm a med user and I medicate frequently to control my grand mal seizures and none of these devices are as good as my volcano or good ol' ti nail and torch.

tc

:mad:

TCconcentrates,

OF

Got my revolution today and I'm very disappointed. side port sucks balls. hits are not as big as I expected. the bho seems to collect along the sides near the bottom where the ceramic disk lies.

so now ive got an omicron, arizer solo and thermovape revolution that ive wasted my money on.....

I'm a med user and I medicate frequently to control my grand mal seizures and none of these devices are as good as my volcano or good ol' ti nail and torch.

tc

Sorry you're disappointed. Given the three units you name are generally quite popular with their owners (often after 'getting to know one another') it might be that vapes in this class just won't supply your needs. You cannot have received 3 lame vapes in a row from 3 different makers. For sure you're not going to learn how to get even moderately heavy hit from Revolution this early on the first day. Most guys need a week or more I'd hazard a guess? It's not 'rock simple' like a nail or blowing bags on the Volcano are. If you hang in there and work with it I'm confident it will improve for you.

But let's be realistic a second. I don't own a Solo, but I have some experience with the other two. By the numbers the Omicron is dishing out .003 grams a hit, more or less (300 to the gram). I load 50 mg in my Revolution for about half a dozen hits, let's say .01 grams each? How much do you dab on that nail? Ten of the heaviest hits from Revolution at once (dabbing a 1/10)? Against Omicron it's like 30 hits?

Anyway, I think you should at least try the Revolution, it can be made to hit very hard (for what it is), but IMO it's going to be way short of the nail until you can vape ten or 20 times more oil per hit than other guys are getting?

OF

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

tc

Shoot us an email at info@thermovape.com. Please include your order number. Let us see what we can do for you.

I firmly believe that we can get a Revolution in your hand that will deliver your medication as you want it to. Let us do our best to meet that goal.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

ThemoVape

ThermoVape,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hi there, been holding off on posting as I have a couple issues happening with my Thermo order and getting things works out. I have not been able to get the REV working and here are what steps led up to this point.
Could initially see the glow when new without any oils. Added about 4 -5 drops which give me little vapor and the oil just seemed to disappear. Added again with the same result. At this point I am suspecting my battery may have been getting low but did not realize it then. So added some more lube. Now it would just give odd bubble sound. At this point I just did the small puffing to try and get flow going again. Gave up as I was having battery issues and decided to get resolve first. My posts on this are in the T1 thread.
Now tried it with good power and could still just get the odd gurgle but unit would eventually heat up.
Watched the videos on cleaning and tried the boiling as well as propanol to clean it up. I have cleared the clog as both bottom holes are clear. Have never seem any glow since it was new. I have started cleaning by use of alcohol blowing dry heat. Followed by heating up till puffs of smoke which still smells of the weed oil stop. All looks OK as for the ceramic but no glow.
The only thing I can think of if if there are 2 elements.
It measures 5 ohm and only draws 1.33 amps. Compared to the HR atomized which measures in at 4.2 ohm and takes 1.66 amps. Thus leading me to the dual element question.
If not, then I will continue to clean until I no longer smell puffs of oil while heating up. Helping the glow shell return with cleaning but seems grim.
:shrug:

Pipes,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi there, been holding off on posting as I have a couple issues happening with my Thermo order and getting things works out. I have not been able to get the REV working and here are what steps led up to this point.
Could initially see the glow when new without any oils. Added about 4 -5 drops which give me little vapor and the oil just seemed to disappear. Added again with the same result. At this point I am suspecting my battery may have been getting low but did not realize it then. So added some more lube. Now it would just give odd bubble sound. At this point I just did the small puffing to try and get flow going again. Gave up as I was having battery issues and decided to get resolve first. My posts on this are in the T1 thread.
Now tried it with good power and could still just get the odd gurgle but unit would eventually heat up.
Watched the videos on cleaning and tried the boiling as well as propanol to clean it up. I have cleared the clog as both bottom holes are clear. Have never seem any glow since it was new. I have started cleaning by use of alcohol blowing dry heat. Followed by heating up till puffs of smoke which still smells of the weed oil stop. All looks OK as for the ceramic but no glow.
The only thing I can think of if if there are 2 elements.
It measures 5 ohm and only draws 1.33 amps. Compared to the HR atomized which measures in at 4.2 ohm and takes 1.66 amps. Thus leading me to the dual element question.
If not, then I will continue to clean until I no longer smell puffs of oil while heating up. Helping the glow shell return with cleaning but seems grim.
:shrug:
\

The glow is akin to seeing a light through a hazy window. When the Revolution Ceramic is clean and new, the orange light from the heating core glows and is visible through the relatively thin porous ceramic. However the ceramic rapidly becomes stained, much like the enamel on your teeth if all your drank was dark coffee. The "Glow" is sill there, but it is not visible because the window you see the light through is now stained.

However, if you are not getting the unit to perform, that is another issue. We will take care of you. Shoot us an email with your order number to info@thermovape.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

OF

Pipes,

I did almost exactly that early on. I actually got a couple good hits before I flooded it out which only served me to screw it up even more. I actually took several cycles cleaning (ISO in the ultrasonic sink and boiling both) before it got clear and would pull clean and easy again.

I also never saw the glow after the first oil, they said don't worry it can get stained. So I don't worry and assume it's just stained. Works great now. But 4 or 5 drops total is a full load IMO. Maybe 50 mg. I don't add more until the last charge peters out. Otherwise, it gets slow, makes funny noises, and is hard to draw.

The power I'm worried about. It should be about twice that, 2.5 Ohms or so for 15 Watts. How you get to half power I don't know, there's only one (tiny) coil. You got some vapor though? Did the tube also get warm?

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

The Original Revolution runs at around 4 ohms. The original Revolution is the Revolution you want to use with a 5V passthrough. This is also the Revolution that will perform at 7.4 volt.

DO NOT us the Revolution - LV with any variable voltage device, pass through that operates at >3.7-4.2V.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

OF

The Original Revolution runs at around 4 ohms. The original Revolution is the Revolution you want to use with a 5V passthrough. This is also the Revolution that will perform at 7.4 volt.

The original Revolution is 9 Watts, not 15? I could have sworn.....and not it seems I've been lying to folks for a while. I measured mine and was pretty sure of 2.5 Ohms and 15 Watts, unfortunately it's not handy.....

And it's OK to run the original at 7.4 Volts? How about the 8.4 causing issues with Persei?

TIA

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The original Revolution is 9 Watts, not 15? I could have sworn.....and not it seems I've been lying to folks for a while. I measured mine and was pretty sure of 2.5 Ohms and 15 Watts, unfortunately it's not handy.....

And it's OK to run the original at 7.4 Volts? How about the 8.4 causing issues with Persei?

TIA

OF

It is very tough to put your finger right on the resistance of the Revolution, as the resistance drifts as the coil becomes fully broken in, it creeps up. So our "Production Line" resistance changes to a "Post-Bench Test" resistance, which then changes to a "Post-Stress Test" resistance. Then the Revolution makes it's way out the door. In use the initial resistance again evolves with use, creeping north to reach a steady state. There is also some effect on the coil dependent to the material ran through the vaporization chamber, and that is.... highly variable.... and as a result it is almost impossible to truly calculate and develop a predictive modifier to apply to the calculation of the final steady resistance value of the coil.

As you know better then I do, real world variables (not the least of which is a hand assembly process) wreaks relative havoc on the ability to resolve paper calculations with the qualitative data of actual devices.

We can measure all the Production/Retail Revolutions at Resistance in product to a 0.1 +/- Ohm (and we have good, calibrated multimeters, still there is variation between meters..) . However I bet if 10 different people measured there used Revolutions we would see a range.

The wire we use has more resistance drift with thermo cycling then nichrome, however it is far more durable (quantitatively), and imparts less metallic fast to the vapor (IMHO).

So resistance is a bit of a moving target. We specifically try to just point out "types of devices" i.e. low voltage 3.7V in whatever flavor. Or High Voltage (including variable voltage for our purposes) 6.0-7.4V devices.

... sorry got pulled away mid posting...

Then we make rodents to work with those 2 different device families. Maximizing performance to the device family is the game we play.

Good stuff. One thing you are not OF is a liar. Your testing, insight, and feedback has been extremely valuable. You, the many other incredible forum members, and our medical testers have shaped our products. We really do work very hard to build the products based on the feedback of all of you. The evolution of the Revolution.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

BTW: We are always looking for those in the medical user community to Beta taste products and provide feedback and input. Email us at info@thermovape.com with Medical User - Beta in the subject line. Help us make better product for you.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thermovape, how do I know which REV I have. Just recieved it a week ago and is s/n 00962. Found in etching. I managed to get the clog out and does work so far with a couple drops. Paranoid now as to clogging it. It still only takes 1.5 amps as seemed to change somehow now cleaned.
I found using a couple pieces of med tubing about 4" each worked great for cleaning the hidden areas.
Stuck on one end of REV used a marker cap to seal the end. Put the second piece on other side covering the side loading hole. Filled with alcohol, squeezed the tubing's sides together on one of them and inserted a second marker cap into the tubing. Now can gently squeeze the alcohol from one side to the other forcing it through the inner chamber.
Can't play too much right now but will report back and/or contact Thermovape if things don't pan out.
Pipes

Pipes,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thermovape, how do I know which REV I have. Just recieved it a week ago and is s/n 00962. Found in etching. I managed to get the clog out and does work so far with a couple drops. Paranoid now as to clogging it. It still only takes 1.5 amps as seemed to change somehow now cleaned.
I found using a couple pieces of med tubing about 4" each worked great for cleaning the hidden areas.
Stuck on one end of REV used a marker cap to seal the end. Put the second piece on other side covering the side loading hole. Filled with alcohol, squeezed the tubing's sides together on one of them and inserted a second marker cap into the tubing. Now can gently squeeze the alcohol from one side to the other forcing it through the inner chamber.
Can't play too much right now but will report back and/or contact Thermovape if things don't pan out.
Pipes

All Revolution - LV units have a large LV laser etched onto the bottom contact.

Glad you got it working for you. onetime those little holes can clog, it sounds like you have developed a good method. I will try it out. We need a new Rev cleaning video as it is. We show the Revolution being dried by activating it. Really it should be dried over night, or in a Pre-Heated oven (place in only after preheating) to 200 degrees or so.

Keep in touch when you get back to your testing.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
All Revolution - LV units have a large LV laser etched onto the bottom contact.

Glad you got it working for you. onetime those little holes can clog, it sounds like you have developed a good method. I will try it out. We need a new Rev cleaning video as it is. We show the Revolution being dried by activating it. Really it should be dried over night, or in a Pre-Heated oven (place in only after preheating) to 200 degrees or so.

Keep in touch when you get back to your testing.

Cheers,

ThermoVape
Man, that was short lived. Just added a couple drops and watched it soak into the ceramic as I heated it with little vapor. Now this seemed familiar as it is what happened the first time too. Added one more drop and .....nothing, unit started to cool down. The ecig RES worked fine so power was still there. Measure resistance and found it open.....toast.
I will send an email to you TV but waiting to determine if my charger is bad as well as I'm awaiting a second charger for comparison. Slowly getting the quarks worked out and I'm sure you guys will support until I do. Much appreciation for this excellent customer service. It certainly pays to purchase well supported product.
Thanks,

Pipes,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Man, that was short lived. Just added a couple drops and watched it soak into the ceramic as I heated it with little vapor. Now this seemed familiar as it is what happened the first time too. Added one more drop and .....nothing, unit started to cool down. The ecig RES worked fine so power was still there. Measure resistance and found it open.....toast.
I will send an email to you TV but waiting to determine if my charger is bad as well as I'm awaiting a second charger for comparison. Slowly getting the quarks worked out and I'm sure you guys will support until I do. Much appreciation for this excellent customer service. It certainly pays to purchase well supported product.
Thanks,

if it was a Tenergy charger from us, and you are having problems with it let us send you a new one. We'll take the questionable unit back and sort it out.

Send us an email, include the line "the boss said to tell you to ship me a new charger and revolution" (I don't have your order number, hence the need to email us).

We will ship the replacement today.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just sent an email with the line "the boss said to tell you to ship me 5 of each of all current prototypes". I'm keeping my fingers crossed...:D

Stu,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Email away. Yes it is a Tenergy charger. I believe it misreads batteries some how and stops charging prematurely. Seems to be getting worse. Or the batteries are been effected by it as well.?
Anyway, the fun continues.
Thanks loads TV.

Pipes,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I just sent an email with the line "the boss said to tell you to ship me 5 of each of all current prototypes". I'm keeping my fingers crossed...:D

That would work... except not everyone has access to the "bat-cave"!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Email away. Yes it is a Tenergy charger. I believe it misreads batteries some how and stops charging prematurely. Seems to be getting worse. Or the batteries are been effected by it as well.?
Anyway, the fun continues.
Thanks loads TV.

Good, we will get you taken care of. The Tenergy set-up is a good one. The charger paired with the batteries had the highest reliability of all units we tested, that said, we have seen a good charger go bad.

We will get your new sharer and Rev sent out today, you'll get a postage paid return mailer for the stuff to send back to us. Root cause analysis testing material for us.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
Reactions: Pipes

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Good, we will get you taken care of. The Tenergy set-up is a good one. The charger paired with the batteries had the highest reliability of all units we tested, that said, we have seen a good charger go bad.

We will get your new sharer and Rev sent out today, you'll get a postage paid return mailer for the stuff to send back to us. Root cause analysis testing material for us.

Cheers,

ThermoVape
Will do and thanks again.
:tup:

Pipes,

bruno13

insomniac

DO NOT us the Revolution - LV with any variable voltage device, pass through that operates at >3.7-4.2V.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Thank you, my rev should come on wed. I am anxious to try it.

bruno13,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
I figure I'd post up my Revolution carry kit. It's a Maxpedition micro pocket organizer. The left side holds the Rev heater core w/attached Pure-Flow and mouthpiece, as well as some extra mouthpieces next to it. On the right sits the main ThermoVape body, and further right is a mini-multitool I'm currently using to load up the Revolution. Two sets of spare batteries (in a handy Powerpax holder that a member linked to on this forum) fit nicely behind the multitool, and slide all the way down out of sight. A fresh bic lighter for melting concentrates off a poker or down the edges of the Rev comfortably squeezes down in the bottom. Finally, there is just enough room at the top right to plop in a 15 gram jar of concentrates for the road. I've ordered a Highly Educated emergency titanium dabber from AquaLabTech that will replace the multitool and streamline the package some. If you look closely, the case has a small loop poking out just to the top left of the jar's white lid, the dabber will clip on there.

I also wanted to share my sticky-window solution for traveling. The small plastic vials that team ThermoVape are using to ship the Pure-Flow and mouthpiece products in make a great shield.

2012-03-20100037.jpg

2012-03-20100216.jpg

2012-03-20100303.jpg

2012-03-20100435.jpg

2012-03-20100559-1.jpg

Top Bottom