Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

llebhcaoc

Deal with almost any other reputable online store... Gotvape isnt worth the pain or headaches that come with dealing with them, and then the further pain and headaches when something goes wrong...

Revs seem to be scarce though, including ebay these day. Heres about the only place I could find one still for sale. Its the whole package for cheaper then gotvape wants for the adapter. Theres only 3 left according to the website so if you are interested I would act fast because there probably wont be anywhere else to get them soon

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/thermov...-available/230071191.html?listingId=210728157
Do you have any expirience with Rakuten or what they were: Buy.com? Thx!

llebhcaoc,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Nope, but back when i was searching for a backup that was one of the few that still had them available. I ended up getting a second dart so never made the purchase, but a few weeks ago they def. had more than 3 available so i wouldnt hesitate if your thinking about it. Also seems like a good price

Mynameismud,

OF

Mynameismud, I sent an email to someone from the web site you posted. It's kind of hard to tell exactly what theyre selling, as the pictures dont really match the description.

Having dealt with them before I would not hold my breath in on anyone there knowing what the products they sell are really about. They're a surplus dealer. They're honest, I think, just not experts on all the details of all the stuff they sell off. What does matter is probably the printed description of what you get (generally taken off the package). That would seem to indicate the standard SV (six Volt) setup.

A good price, but in the end you're most likely going to end up getting it rewound LV, scrapping the batteries and charger and converting over I suspect. Not that that is a bad deal in the end of course.

Anyway, my experience with Rakuten is much superior to the average GV experience. In the event of issues I'd much rather be dealing with them than them?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Mynameismud, I sent an email to someone from the web site you posted. It's kind of hard to tell exactly what theyre selling, as the pictures dont really match the description.

That's amazing how much cheaper that listing is than gotvape. I also sent an email to gotvape to see if theyll negotiate their price.

Havent been on it since i posted the link...i think the pictures were of the revolution unit though. Like i said i never purchased from them i just figured id share since there was still 3 available and once theyre gone i doubt youll find anymore.if the pictures are

When there was a bunch of revolutions on ebay, most of the pictures were of the evolution. I contacted one seller and said i saw the ad for the revolution but the picture is of the evolution and just wanted to check. They didnt know what i was talking about and said the only units they had left were revolutions...different store probably but im assuming same principle if they have a different picture on the site

Mynameismud,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Havent been on it since i posted the link...i think the pictures were of the revolution unit though. Like i said i never purchased from them i just figured id share since there was still 3 available and once theyre gone i doubt youll find anymore.if the pictures are

When there was a bunch of revolutions on ebay, most of the pictures were of the evolution. I contacted one seller and said i saw the ad for the revolution but the picture is of the evolution and just wanted to check. They didnt know what i was talking about and said the only units they had left were revolutions...different store probably but im assuming same principle if they have a different picture on the site
The link you posted was coming with "6" batteries, so part of me thinks its Evolution:2c: .

On another note, just sent my return shipping info to Zeki @ Thermovape. I have 2 cores needing rebuilt:(, but I am so :) that I bought a quality product(MADE IN THE USA!!), that can be repaired for a VERY fair price!

Latecomer to the Thermoessence Ball so to speak, but boy am I glad I decided to show up. Medicating on the go hasn't been this easy AND effective since I used to use a dugout back in the days of combusting. Huzzah to Thermoessence!!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The link you posted was coming with "6" batteries, so part of me thinks its Evolution:2c: .

On another note, just sent my return shipping info to Zeki @ Thermovape. I have 2 cores needing rebuilt:(, but I am so :) that I bought a quality product(MADE IN THE USA!!), that can be repaired for a VERY fair price!

Latecomer to the Thermoessence Ball so to speak, but boy am I glad I decided to show up. Medicating on the go hasn't been this easy AND effective since I used to use a dugout back in the days of combusting. Huzzah to Thermoessence!!

I did a quick search of both the revolution and evolution from two different websites (both out of stock) anyway the description for both said it comes with 4 batteries. So there goes that theory...best advice to anyone interested would be to shoot them an email or call

Mynameismud,

OF

I did a quick search of both the revolution and evolution from two different websites (both out of stock) anyway the description for both said it comes with 4 batteries. So there goes that theory...best advice to anyone interested would be to shoot them an email or call

Four battery systems were SV (Standard Voltage, six Volts) since they used two RCR123As at a time (and burned through them fast). You can continue to use the SV set up with RCRs or rewind to LV (3.7 Volts) and change batteries to 17670s (one per set) and change the charger to support the new voltage.

Two RCR123As and one 17670 are the same size, the latter being made to replace the pair of the non rechargable 123s popular in 'killer flashlights'.

OF

BeardedCrow

Ugh thermovape revolution...

My heater core takes up to a minute JUST to warm up.

And the charger broke.

Frustrated.

BeardedCrow,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Ugh thermovape revolution...

My heater core takes up to a minute JUST to warm up.

And the charger broke.

Frustrated.

Oh man, that blows. Have you cleaned the cart? Did the batteries shit the bed? I've never heard of one taking so long to warm up. Are you running 6v or 3.7v?

Deadshort480,

BeardedCrow

It's a normal revolution.

Batteries work, charger doesn't. One side went first, (so I Could only charge one battery at a time) now both sides won't charge. This $200 revolution is now useless unless I order another charger.

My friend has these 'sticky' wax pens that cost less than thermovape chargers...

And yes I've boiled the thermovape twice before. Is there a certain amount to boil? It usually feels clogged after a boiling (I'm assuming that wax melts into the bottom holes during the boil).

My wax dealer says thermovapes are made well with proper parts. They just don't work well which I'm starting to agree with.

One hit from his 'sticky' or 'cloud' and I'm wondering why I spent $200...

BeardedCrow,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My wax dealer says thermovapes are made well with proper parts. They just don't work well which I'm starting to agree with.

You've got a faulty one, I swear. With the cart meant for juice and some CO2 oil I was pulling fat cloud.

I get similar/better use with the DART, although I only run quality concentrates through it... I swear the chargers aren't the best by far. One of the terminals on mine is just a tiny bit particular about how I have to place the battery.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: rcflo

rcflo

To each his own, but I know that either of my DARTS can 'outcloud' the cloud if I want them to. Never tried a sticky so can't compare, but i have used a cloudpen ~5 times. Once you master heating up and melting your concentrate into the ceramic before you take the hit, cloud density from the DART can rival any. The taste however, is far superior to anything else, due to the good quality components. I'd rather pull huge clouds from a safe and tasty cart, than a silica and grade ?unknown wire.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, but maybe its possible your revolution could use some new batteries to drive it? Have you tried your cart with any AW's by any chance?

BeardedCrow

Yes I warm a small bit before fully heating (read on here), so I'm thinking the ceramic loses efficiency after a while?

I agree it tastes good, but my thermovape never gets 'coughing' size clouds EVER. not even new.

I'm not sure what AW is.

I really don't want to invest any more money in thermovape.

My friend giving me a sticky pen as he says his pen works very well, and at $25 a pen I couldn't care if it broke.

BeardedCrow,

Quetzalcoatl

The ceramic shouldn't "foul out" and become nonfunctional, unless you tried ABV ISO oil or something... even then it shouldn't be permanent. Put it this way, I put the AVA (built for actually viscous liquid e-cig juice) through that CO2 oil, regular hash, bubble hash, and then a cleaning or two later went straight back to e-juice and to this day it's worked as well as it did with e-juice the first day.

The DART's been a dream since the second I used it till now. Wax, oil, honeycomb, does it all. How long do you warm it for when you add a bit of oil in? I usually do 10-15 seconds from placing the dabber back on before I start drawing, but I'm also using the 3.7v LR DART so I think it's a few seconds longer of initial warm-up time before I start seeing nice hits. Like you can see in the vid, the first hit I get is a bit on the "whispier" side but the second and third go straight to the dome. My understanding re: construction is that there's a donut ceramic wafer inside, but you can't see it because the heating core is in the middle of it, and the top wafer that you can see blocks out about 90% of the view. Add your wax, let it melt through the ceramic, hit it, second hit is faster/easier because the concentrate has melted into the donut, and also because of retained heat.

AW is a brand of batteries, stands for Andrew Wong I believe (might be the guy that pioneered the tech or maybe just a line of batteries?) Are you using the green Tenergy ones, or are they black wrapped?

If bad goes to worse for you... TV doesn't make Revolution kits anymore. DART carts just by themselves fetch $80-100 (totaled at ~$65 new?) so I don't think it would be too hard to sell it on the Classified's here if you wanted to see some (most if not all) of your money back...

OF

Yes I warm a small bit before fully heating (read on here), so I'm thinking the ceramic loses efficiency after a while?

I agree it tastes good, but my thermovape never gets 'coughing' size clouds EVER. not even new.

I'm not sure what AW is.

I really don't want to invest any more money in thermovape.

My friend giving me a sticky pen as he says his pen works very well, and at $25 a pen I couldn't care if it broke.

No, the ceramic doesn't degrade. If your goal has been "'coughing' size clouds" from the start I don't doubt you've been disappointed. Forcing it to do what you want won't work, using it the way it's designed really does give excellent results as we all are saying; but that's your call.

AW is a brand of batteries, generally red with an oval sticker that says AW. They're generally considered the best available.

Your call, if you want go to a cheap pen I'm sure some lucky guy will be happy to buy and enjoy your Revolution. They are in demand because of a solid reputation of doing their job very well.....IMO there's a clue there. IMO it's a well earned reputation.

Good luck with it. In the end you should do what you think best.

OF

BeardedCrow

I'm just using the green batteries that were supplied.

I don't have the dart so I'm not familiar with adding anything other than just wax.

Yeah I warmfor about 10-20 to heat it up (won't open unless warm anyways) then add wax (it melts) then let cool a few seconds/minutes and then warm for 30-50 seconds before any vapor is made.

After a minute it makes some thick clouds but now the thermovape is scalding hot and out of batteries...

I'll get 5 good hits and then it's out of battery.

My friend looks at me and says 'is all that work worth it?'. Again, I'm asking myself why I paid $200 for this.

BeardedCrow,

Quetzalcoatl

5 hits to a dead battery sounds really off. Really off considering my Ultra will give me 30-50 hits? Good clean ones like the video. How fast/slow are you drawing on it? At the hottest my UltraDART isn't so hot that I can't pocket it... I feel a bit of the warmth but it doesn't bother my leg. I also happen to wear boxer briefs so maybe it's the extra legging bit saving me. My exp. is limited to the DART and not the window'd Revolution so I can't really say for sure but it sounds like maybe you're drawing too fast? Like I said, you could just clean it up and sell it to someone, I don't think you'd have a problem with that outside of cleaning/shipping.

:huh: :shrug:

BeardedCrow

I do very slow draws as fast draws end up with no vapor.

My revolution gets so hot that If I hold it upside down, the window top slides off as If it was lubricated.

BeardedCrow,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I do very slow draws as fast draws end up with no vapor.

My revolution gets so hot that If I hold it upside down, the window top slides off as If it was lubricated.

Try getting some different wax. My first pen was the microG which is the same thing as the cloud pen using a better coil IMO. I had some amazing oil i saved until i got my thermovape and the thermovape just couldnt handle it for some reason. I was getting very thin whispy hits no matter how long i held it on for or how hot it got. I tried some different wax and its been working amazingly ever since. Dont know if your experiencing the same issue but it does seem similar.

While the sticky pen and the cloud pen/microG might seem awesome for their lower price point theyre really not. I had the microG since December. 2 pens for $120 from a LHS. The microG cartridges last about 3 weeks with constant use and the coud pens last anywhere from a week to 3ish. Since December ive gone through the 2 original coils, 4 cloud pen coils and another 3 microG coils. I got the cloud pen ones when they were 3 for 30$ and they sent an extra for free but it came DOA. The microG coils were $15. So since december ive spent about $195+shipping for the carts and eventually gave up. I got my dart/ultra in january and after trying different oil then the first one i unsuccessfully tried I havent looked back and cant even tell you where my microG is.

Also to anyone looking I found another source that seems to have the revolution. Id contact first before you purchase.
http://www.vaporizerusa.net/special-offers/thermovape-revolution-portable-vaporizer.html

OF

I got my dart/ultra in january after trying different oil then the first one i unsuccessfully tried I havent looked back and cant even tell you where my microG is.

Also to anyone looking I found another source that seems to have the revolution. Id contact first before you purchase.
http://www.vaporizerusa.net/special-offers/thermovape-revolution-portable-vaporizer.html

Boy, ain't that the simple truth? Revolution/DART can really change your perspective of what good performance is. Great find on what seems to be a few hidden Revolutions!

Folks who don't recognize them this is the complete kit but is "SV" or 6 Volt (uses two 3.0 Volt batteries). These guys heat fast and hard but have lower run times (still plenty long for most with good concentrates IMO).

They can be rewound to the more common "LV" ratings (3.7 Volts) for $15 at any time, but that also means buying the 17670s to drive them (ten bucks or so each) and a charger for the different voltage (maybe 20?). I have no problem with the loading window, some do. They can put a short piece of high temperature silicone tube over the window and switch to the DART top and basically have a DART instead if that's a problem?

IMO worth looking into, this seems like a good deal (the supply is top notch) and your chances of finding more will be come slimmer and slimmer I suspect......

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Boy, ain't that the simple truth? Revolution/DART can really change your perspective of what good performance is. Great find on what seems to be a few hidden Revolutions!

OF
Oh hell yea! I was fed up and ready to sell it, kinda similar to beardedcrow, then i made some of my own oil and BAM! Ive been in love ever since. Its amazing how much of a demand there is for revolutions/darts still even with the cera out.

If bad goes to worse for you... TV doesn't make Revolution kits anymore. DART carts just by themselves fetch $80-100 (totaled at ~$65 new?) so I don't think it would be too hard to sell it on the Classified's here if you wanted to see some (most if not all) of your money back...
That is if your lucky enough to spot one the second its posted in the classifieds. It seems like someone can ask almost any amount for their Dart and itll be sold within minutes. I HAPPILY paid $95 for an unused Dart (sitting in my safe as a backup for a rainy day). If someone told me in december that they paid 95 dollars just for a dart I would have ignorantly laughed at you. These days I would say Wow congrats im extremely jealous!

And yes I've boiled the thermovape twice before. Is there a certain amount to boil? It usually feels clogged after a boiling (I'm assuming that wax melts into the bottom holes during the boil).
You should be able to blow out the remaining liquid after boiling, it shouldnt feel clogged, maybe thats why you arent getting great results. Try soaking in iso after boiling and then boil again for a couple minutes

Top Bottom