Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

karazi

I have been putting the O-ring on the fourth notch from the bottom, and then pushing the sleeve down on it. This seems to keep everything in place nicely.

karazi,

TonyBlaze

You're very welcome, glad to help. Sounds to me like you've thought it through very well and have a long range plan to work on, one I'm sure you'll be happy with. It really is first rate gear. The kind of stuff that just feels 'done right' in the hand.

Remember when you order the LV DART and batteries that you'll also need a different charger for them. That charger, WF-188 will also do the 3.0 Volt LiPO4s that drive the T1 (though that charger only does them), you might want to substitute chargers right off? That is I'd ask them to take the '3.0 Volt only' charger out and substitute the WF-188 in anticipation of LV duty.

Happy Fourth.

OF

Do they carry the 17670 battery or do u have to purchase some where else and should I get a protected battery or unprotected

What setup do you currently have with your TV

TonyBlaze,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Hey guys- if I already have a T1 and Revolution conversion kit, can I get away with just buying the $59.99 Evolution cartridge?

Nick Brand,

OF

Do they carry the 17670 battery or do u have to purchase some where else and should I get a protected battery or unprotected

What setup do you currently have with your TV

Yes, TV offers it, although sometimes it's not on the site if they don't have sufficient stock to ship to order. I bought my spares at:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_101.html

This is a pretty unique size, produced originally for 'two 123 cell' high performance flashlights as I understand. Since TV uses RCR123As (same size) it fits here automatically. It is a protected Li-ion cell as all such need to be in this sort of service. IMR chemistry alone can survive without protection, Li-ion cells will be destroyed by the first deep discharge without the protection.

I currently own a T1 in SV configuration (of course....), but my other 'battery' (really a power supply, the battery is the bit inside...) is set up as LV with one of my 17670 as my DART is LV. It started life as a SV Revolution but I changed it over for testing LV Revolutions and 'adopted' LV DART and Evolutions as they became available. Since I like both the latter products, I suspect it'll stay LV.

I mean it will work, yes. But I always end up buying more stuff. I like cool stuff.:cool:
:peace:

Let's face it, Stu, yer an up front hedonist. And more power to ya!

Buying toys with your money beats paying rent every time, right?

After all, you know what Freewheelin' Franklin says on the subject......

OF

OF,

TonyBlaze

Yes, TV offers it, although sometimes it's not on the site if they don't have sufficient stock to ship to order. I bought my spares at:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_101.html

This is a pretty unique size, produced originally for 'two 123 cell' high performance flashlights as I understand. Since TV uses RCR123As (same size) it fits here automatically. It is a protected Li-ion cell as all such need to be in this sort of service. IMR chemistry alone can survive without protection, Li-ion cells will be destroyed by the first deep discharge without the protection.

I currently own a T1 in SV configuration (of course....), but my other 'battery' (really a power supply, the battery is the bit inside...) is set up as LV with one of my 17670 as my DART is LV. It started life as a SV Revolution but I changed it over for testing LV Revolutions and 'adopted' LV DART and Evolutions as they became available. Since I like both the latter products, I suspect it'll stay LV.
OF

Pretty much sounds like the setup I want, can't wait

I found this Ultrafire battery says its 1800 mah compared to 1600 mah that the battery you posted has, what's the difference is one better than the other or are they pretty much the same
http://www.batteryjunction.com/protected-17670.html

TonyBlaze,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Thank you for supporting small businesses and American Manufacturing. Please visit our website at www.thermovape.com to see more of our complete line of 100% American Made products and accessories. Here a coupon code to use for our Fourth of July Sale ending midnight July 10th to SAVE 25% on your purchases; we hope you enjoy our new products!

Promo code: MADEINUSA

SameOldTim,

hanfhead

is high
I have been planning on getting one of these and I had decided on the evo LV. When I saw the coupon code posted the other day I went to order one and couldn't find the lv model on the site any longer. I had even saved the link for later and it says product not found or something similar. Will it return? If so; in time to use the code?

hanfhead,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
just checked the site too, and only found SV Evo kits, but there was a stand alone Evo LV top portion available. Not sure what happened to the LV Evo Kits...

jambandphan03,

TonyBlaze

Thank you for supporting small businesses and American Manufacturing. Please visit our website at www.thermovape.com to see more of our complete line of 100% American Made products and accessories. Here a coupon code to use for our Fourth of July Sale ending midnight July 10th to SAVE 25% on your purchases; we hope you enjoy our new products!

Promo code: MADEINUSA

Do you know when the kits will be available in LV with the 17670 battery, if at all... I know a few people that want to take advantage of the coupon but rather get the kits in LV

TonyBlaze,

2clicker

Observer
whoa 8 pages since ive been in here... :clap:

lately ive been running mine with the sleeve again, but w/out the UFO. so its dome screen pushed down on load, oring on the last notch, then sleeve with no UFO, and then mouthpiece. working as well as w/out the sleeve so i think it was the UFO that was holding it back. at least in my experience it was. same exact setup with UFO is weak, but w/out rips like a champ. its hotter w/out the UFO, but much fuller rips.

any updates on the larger battery base? im hoping it has a feature where you can lock the switch in the "on" position.

karazi

I have been on a great roll with my stock configuration (sleeve on) 6v evo, having gone through some ups and downs along the way. Thought I would "get it" 100% on the first or second tries since I have experience, but over time realized it needs to get really hot to perform the best. At that point you can get rips to rival desktop vapes; very impressive for such a small package. The near-fatal flaw is in the temperature of the unit as felt in the hand, especially on the thumb which is mainly used to keep it on. At its best hitting I am literally moving it around my hand continuously, sometimes holding it with my fingernails, to avoid burning myself. I don't have "working man's hands" but they're not smooth either. I would really appreciate an "official" fix, or even a third party solution. Anyone have a sewing kit? Maybe I'll ask my sister. Leather would probably work well right?

karazi,
Reactions: 2clicker

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have been on a great roll with my stock configuration (sleeve on) 6v evo, having gone through some ups and downs along the way. Thought I would "get it" 100% on the first or second tries since I have experience, but over time realized it needs to get really hot to perform the best. At that point you can get rips to rival desktop vapes; very impressive for such a small package. The near-fatal flaw is in the temperature of the unit as felt in the hand, especially on the thumb which is mainly used to keep it on. At its best hitting I am literally moving it around my hand continuously, sometimes holding it with my fingernails, to avoid burning myself. I don't have "working man's hands" but they're not smooth either. I would really appreciate an "official" fix, or even a third party solution. Anyone have a sewing kit? Maybe I'll ask my sister. Leather would probably work well right?
When it gets to that point, switch out the batteries. Whether they need it or not as that kind of temperature deteriorates the performance down the road. I like ending the session with topped up batteries anyway as it ensures me the load is finished.
Also, most of us use self sticking material of some kind for helping with the slider slipping. Whether it be anti skid tape to velcro.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

karazi

When it gets to that point, switch out the batteries. Whether they need it or not as that kind of temperature deteriorates the performance down the road. I like ending the session with topped up batteries anyway as it ensures me the load is finished.
Also, most of us use self sticking material of some kind for helping with the slider slipping. Whether it be anti skid tape to velcro.

Pipes
I appreciate your advice, but it is a dangerous endeavor changing batteries when it is at optimal operating temp (IMO). I will experiment with my first two sets of batteries and see if they deteriorate faster than expected, as well as the heat core. For experimentation purposes I would sacrifice these few parts, because I found this to be my favorite way to operate it. I am sure my batts still have some charge left in them, i just like to get through the load without leaving much green :). And without the heat, the thumb slippage would not be as extreme, though I will start crafting my own solution in the mean time.

karazi,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
keep in mind the lifepo4 batteries say not to discharge them below 2.2v or it can permanently damage the cell, it will stop taking a charge. One of the down sides to the chemistry I guess, but it just means you don't want to run them dead before changing them out. Once mine start to feel hot, I pull them, and swap out for fresh. Let them cool and recharge. It's really not that big of a deal to do. Only takes a few seconds.

ctweips

I just got my first replacement batteries since ordering my Rev in January. Oh my goodness... It's a whole different world with new batteries. Is making a huge difference compared to the old batteries. Can't wait for my PA and smooth-flow (got 2nd day shipping on Tuesday hoping to get them before headin outta town today but something must've gone wrong)

ctweips,

Vape_Trees

Got my Evo in the mail, been testing it out the passed couple days. I am loving it, seem to have defeated the learning curb, just don't let go of the heater til your done hitting it basically.....long slow SMOOTH hits. I get visible vapor even after holding it in 8+ seconds, even makes me cough. Have not used the T1 so can't really compare....my usual tool is my roor.....sure it hits like a truck but i get just as medicated from the vape it seems, also I'm not combusting as much which is good. Got a Rev also can't wait to test that baby out with some BHO or water hash :)...I will be investing in more batteries though, just because i plan in using it at theme parks vacationing etc. Thanks for the extended mouth piece also works wonders keeps everything cool enough to where I can hold it on and hit it indefinitely or until the herb is all vaped or my lungs explode....One question though I cannot damage it from over heating at most I can see holding it down for more then 60 seconds intervals anyways,and that's way over estimating the time the on position is actually down.

Vape_Trees,

PB88123

Vaporist
One question though I cannot damage it from over heating at most I can see holding it down for more then 60 seconds intervals anyways,and that's way over estimating the time the on position is actually down.

Thermovape said, "If you just run the device flat out, without actually drawing air through it, over and over, this may reduce functional life (the air flow through the device cools the coils and reduces thermal stress on the core)."

So you can have it on for minutes as long as you are drawing from it most of that time.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
How is the SV EVO compared to T1 in taste and in vapor production
They're pretty close in taste and vapor production, but my T1 works significantly faster than my SV Evo, and requires a slightly different methodology for best use. One doesn't work better than the other, just differently.

My T1 requires more minding when I use it (it needs to be stirred once or twice per load), the T1's standard cap's holes clog really easily, requiring frequent cleaning during each load (though it's easy enough to unplug the holes with a toothpick and your breath, and some people put a screen inside the top of the bowl on top of the load, which avoids clogging the cap's holes).

The Evo in its standard configuration doesn't work well for a few of us (me included), requiring one to put the mouthpiece directly into the top of the Evo core, and either not using the delrin insulating sleeve (which makes it all to easy to burn yourself), or modifying the sleeve by cutting off the top and the built in UFO.

That all said, I really still like both, and find myself going back and forth between the two. I used my T1 the past two weeks while testing my new battery charger (the 30 watt T1 core uses up batteries faster than the 20 watt Evo core), and much to my surprise, I found I had missed it (I'd been using my Evo for a while before that).

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
The Evo in its standard configuration doesn't work well for a few of us (me included), requiring one to put the mouthpiece directly into the top of the Evo core, and either not using the delrin insulating sleeve (which makes it all to easy to burn yourself), or modifying the core by cutting off the top and the built in UFO.
I sent an email last night to TV with a request to make a "universal extender/adapter" that would act as a "middle man" so that all mouthpieces could be used with all devices, as well as providing some cooling distance...

Greetings-
Could you guys machine up an extender piece, made of the high-temp PTFE (i.e., capable of being used directly with Evolution), about the length
of the extended mouth piece, or whatever works given these requests-
- have it be capable, at both it's male and female ends, to allow anything to connect to it and be functional (e.g., UFO mouthpiece).
- open bore.
Use cases
T1 -> extender -> UFO mouthpiece
T1 -> smooth-flow -> extender -> UFO mouthpiece
Evolution (unsheathed) -> extender -> UFO mouthpiece
Revolution -> extender -> Pure-flow
etc.

Nick Brand,
Reactions: NoName
Top Bottom