Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

marduk

daydreamer
Memorial Day Sale rush should be over by now, so just thought I'd repost this and have a better chance for a response.

So I've gone the direct connect route with my Smooth Flow and agree that the experience is superior. Should I be concerned about the SF O-ring not being rated for higher temps like the orange O-ring on the outside of the cart? I read somewhere on one of the TV threads about degradation of someone's O-ring... don't know if that was heat-related or due to some other issue.

Also, can I make a request for two EVO accessories, Thermovape?

1st -- a "headless" teflon insulator for the EVO so we don't have to hack into the stock insulator

2nd -- an insert like the Vapor Stone from Health Stone Glass so we can vape bubble without having to deal with sandwiching

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/conc...alth-stone-glass-replacement-vapor-stone.html

marduk,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
A hot evo is a happy evo for sure. I've gone to 45 sec warm ups, and I'll often keep the switch on through my first couple of hits. When my evo is hot the hits really reminds me of a log vape.

2clicker-do you have the evo interface? I was using my evo on the regular switch I got with the rev, and after a while it would get hot. Now I have the interface switch, it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend it. It also looks super fuckin cool. It's only $25.

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/evolution-interface

dsc_0050_2.jpg

ThermoVape_parts_-106-5.jpg

I am sorry.. I know I am probably asking dumb questions but what is this exactly for??? What is a Switch??? Is this for use with the Evo?

Kuroth1,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You realize perfect is an expression? Nothing can actually be perfect. General consensus is though that the Solo is the Best portable group vape. Your only gripe with them is that they don't take time to post on this forum. And they have said to people who have called that the serial numbers don't mean anything and have something to do with production so I don't know why your complaining about that.

I really don't need a long post by you to tell me about accountability. I was one of the first people in the WORLD to order a TV. Probably before you had ever even heard of it. The only information available when I bought my TV (unlike you guys who have the luxury of reading what us early adopters had to say about it) was the info listed on there website. When I bought my TV there was in big writing on the Thermovape website "BATTERIES LAST FOR 20 MINUTES OF VAPING".Now tell me. If the manufacturer of a product tells me that each set of batteries is going to last 20 minutes, should I just not believe that? "You probably didn't take the time to realize that the vape would be limited by the best batteries out for this usage." Please stop making assumptions. I took all of the time to research and read everything there is to read including the users manual (which I've doubt you've read). I've read EVERY page of this thread (There were only about 4 or 5 pages when I ordered mine). It was a complete shock to SF GIANT (the first person who bought the vape on this forum) when he got his too I remember from his posting. He had also assumed that the 20 minutes of battery life was true and when he got his TV I remember he was not that pleased. Stop making assumptions darkrom because you don't want to make a ... of yourself in the future.

Where was the official vote that I must have missed where "we" decided that the solo is the best portable group vape?

20 minutes vaping how? I bet if you give me a new set of batteries I can get the coils to glow for 20 min. Now if that fits your definition of vaping or not is a different subject all together.

You researched everything...and you were one of the first in the world to get it huh?

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest but its clear you are unhappy with the thermovape. Enjoy your solo. No where on the TV site does it say the 20 minute claim now right? If that is the case then send them an email and tell them you feel cheated since back when you were one of "the first in the world" they were making a promise you feel they didn't keep. Unlike Arizer they will take the time to email you back about this I'm sure. I'm also sure that since there is no more 20 minute claim on the site, there is no reason to even bring it up now since no one else (who does their reading of anything besides your posts) would expect to get that. Seriously handle the matter with them. They actually take the time to respond to emails on a personal level.

One thing I'm positive about is that no matter how much you keep mentioning this 20 minute claim, your not going to be happy with your device. Settle it with thermovape directly if you feel you bought it under false pretenses. That's not the kind of thing that a forum can help you with. If they aren't making that claim anymore then its not exactly like you are here to warn people. Just talk to them like an adult. I'd have been happy to take my issues with my solo up with Arizer, however they are not the company that offers the kind of support TV offers.

If all else fails sell it and be resentful and move on like I did with the solo. Live and learn my friend.

OF

I really don't need a long post by you to tell me about accountability. I was one of the first people in the WORLD to order a TV. Probably before you had ever even heard of it. The only information available when I bought my TV (unlike you guys who have the luxury of reading what us early adopters had to say about it) was the info listed on there website. When I bought my TV there was in big writing on the Thermovape website "BATTERIES LAST FOR 20 MINUTES OF VAPING".Now tell me. If the manufacturer of a product tells me that each set of batteries is going to last 20 minutes, should I just not believe that? "You probably didn't take the time to realize that the vape would be limited by the best batteries out for this usage." Please stop making assumptions. I took all of the time to research and read everything there is to read including the users manual (which I've doubt you've read). I've read EVERY page of this thread (There were only about 4 or 5 pages when I ordered mine). It was a complete shock to SF GIANT (the first person who bought the vape on this forum) when he got his too I remember from his posting. He had also assumed that the 20 minutes of battery life was true and when he got his TV I remember he was not that pleased. Stop making assumptions darkrom because you don't want to make a ... of yourself in the future.

OK, let me get this straight. You claim to be the leader of the parade here, getting the first available (none tested before) and you're upset because you took as Gospel what could only have been an estimate of battery life? I'm supposed to trust your judgments based on this? What you think an unknown maker says a product that's not available will do? Many of us see some risks there.

And let's don't try to pretend there was no discussion of battery life going on.....I distinctly recall leading that discussion with my doubts of this very issue....right? There was a fairly lively exchange between Noah and I on the topic, being local and somewhat knowledgeable on the topic I drove over and got the first production unit specifically to verify this point (amongst others).

My opinion of the TV products changed somewhat over time with my experiences, so it seems has yours? I went from being (what I hope was) a respectful skeptic to a happy user in several steps. I know this is not an election, but my vote is with the other fellow on this one. IMO you're way off base here, and I was there for most if not all of it. You're welcome to opinions, of course, but let's keep it real? If guys want to trust your opinions on another vape that too is cool, but if it were me I'd temper my take of that advice with what seems to be in play here.

Where was the official vote that I must have missed where "we" decided that the solo is the best portable group vape?

Actually I think that comes from the Global Warming guys? We ignore credible information that we don't agree with until everyone goes numb, then suddenly declare it's "settled science" and the time for debate (which never happened....) is over and (finally) it's time to do it our way.....

Next step is for us heretics to be labeled "deniers" and the rest of the drill?

And we don't even get 'junk science' to amuse us with this one.

OF

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Gosh.. I came in right in the middle of a cat fight.. I hope someone can see my questions..

Kuroth1,

OF

Gosh.. I came in right in the middle of a cat fight.. I hope someone can see my questions..

I'm sure lots of folks saw them, but you do understand there is one or maybe two folks in the known world that can answer them, right?

IMO the proper way to get the answers is still via email to them (as is so commonly requested), or a phone call if that 'fits your pistol'. Have you tried that?

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am sorry.. I know I am probably asking dumb questions but what is this exactly for??? What is a Switch??? Is this for use with the Evo?

images

The switch is like the bottom base part you flip up to heat your device. This adapter looks like it is for the T1 not the evo and it allows a cleaner finish when using certain add-ons with the original t1. It is a bit confusing for sure so I'm not even positive I'm correct. These days I just wait for OF or TV to give the correct answers :lol:

darkrom,
OK, let me get this straight. You claim to be the leader of the parade here, getting the first available (none tested before) and you're upset because you took as Gospel what could only have been an estimate of battery life? I'm supposed to trust your judgments based on this? What you think an unknown maker says a product that's not available will do? Many of us see some risks there.

And let's don't try to pretend there was no discussion of battery life going on.....I distinctly recall leading that discussion with my doubts of this very issue....right? There was a fairly lively exchange between Noah and I on the topic, being local and somewhat knowledgeable on the topic I drove over and got the first production unit specifically to verify this point (amongst others).

My opinion of the TV products changed somewhat over time with my experiences, so it seems has yours? I went from being (what I hope was) a respectful skeptic to a happy user in several steps. I know this is not an election, but my vote is with the other fellow on this one. IMO you're way off base here, and I was there for most if not all of it. You're welcome to opinions, of course, but let's keep it real? If guys want to trust your opinions on another vape that too is cool, but if it were me I'd temper my take of that advice with what seems to be in play here.

Actually I think that comes from the Global Warming guys? We ignore credible information that we don't agree with until everyone goes numb, then suddenly declare it's "settled science" and the time for debate (which never happened....) is over and (finally) it's time to do it our way.....

Next step is for us heretics to be labeled "deniers" and the rest of the drill?

And we don't even get 'junk science' to amuse us with this one.

OF
So you call me out as a poster people shouldn't listen to while not stating any reason for this and just talking about yourself and your own experiences with the Vape. At this point in my vaping experience I for sure know which posters I don't listen to.

Futuretvowner,

20 minutes vaping how? I bet if you give me a new set of batteries I can get the coils to glow for 20 min. Now if that fits your definition of vaping or not is a different subject all together.

You researched everything...and you were one of the first in the world to get it huh?

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest but its clear you are unhappy with the thermovape. Enjoy your solo. No where on the TV site does it say the 20 minute claim now right? If that is the case then send them an email and tell them you feel cheated since back when you were one of "the first in the world" they were making a promise you feel they didn't keep. Unlike Arizer they will take the time to email you back about this I'm sure. I'm also sure that since there is no more 20 minute claim on the site, there is no reason to even bring it up now since no one else (who does their reading of anything besides your posts) would expect to get that. Seriously handle the matter with them. They actually take the time to respond to emails on a personal level.

One thing I'm positive about is that no matter how much you keep mentioning this 20 minute claim, your not going to be happy with your device. Settle it with thermovape directly if you feel you bought it under false pretenses. That's not the kind of thing that a forum can help you with. If they aren't making that claim anymore then its not exactly like you are here to warn people. Just talk to them like an adult. I'd have been happy to take my issues with my solo up with Arizer, however they are not the company that offers the kind of support TV offers.

If all else fails sell it and be resentful and move on like I did with the solo. Live and learn my friend.
There you go assuming again, I don't even own a Solo.

Futuretvowner,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I'm sure lots of folks saw them, but you do understand there is one or maybe two folks in the known world that can answer them, right?

IMO the proper way to get the answers is still via email to them (as is so commonly requested), or a phone call if that 'fits your pistol'. Have you tried that?

OF

Yes I did just Email them on my question on the Interface piece and what is it for.. But I was hoping on my other questions(How does it compare to the Solo, Heat, Draw etc) I could get some forum member input... Thanks

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
images

The switch is like the bottom base part you flip up to heat your device. This adapter looks like it is for the T1 not the evo and it allows a cleaner finish when using certain add-ons with the original t1. It is a bit confusing for sure so I'm not even positive I'm correct. These days I just wait for OF or TV to give the correct answers :lol:

Yea I was confused because the first sentence on their product page for this says.. "This is the fully 510 compatible interface designed for use with the ThermoVape Evolution."

Kuroth1,
Yes I did just Email them on my question on the Interface piece and what is it for.. But I was hoping on my other questions(How does it compare to the Solo, Heat, Draw etc) I could get some forum member input... Thanks
I have used both and with the Solo when you start to draw you instantly get vapor. With the TV it is very dependent on Air flow speed and getting to the sweet spot. You won't instantly get vapor with the TV it's more of a process that requires a technique. I've noticed that its hard to recreate the technique if you are walking and vaping so it kind of requires you to be hanging out in a spot or just chilling if you want to get the most out of your TV/set of batteries.

Futuretvowner,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I have used both and with the Solo when you start to draw you instantly get vapor. With the TV it is very dependent on Air flow speed and getting to the sweet spot. You won't instantly get vapor with the TV it's more of a process that requires a technique. I've noticed that its hard to recreate the technique if you are walking and vaping so it kind of requires you to be hanging out in a spot or just chilling if you want to get the most out of your TV/set of batteries.

So it sounds kind of like the MFLB where there is a bit(A lot???) of a learning curve to learn how to draw from it... hummmmmm I kind of got frustrated with my MFLB for this very reason and went to the Solo.. But as stated in my other post The Solo is not as portable as I had hoped and I am looking for something I can hide fast if need be... The Solo with its glass and the Herb in the Glass part is hard to hide if you need to real fast.. And I am not talking from the Cops.. I am talking from family members that dont know I vape and I dont want them to know but still want to vape and hide if need be in the house..

Kuroth1,
So it sounds kind of like the MFLB where there is a bit(A lot???) of a learning curve to learn how to draw from it... hummmmmm I kind of got frustrated with my MFLB for this very reason and went to the Solo.. But as stated in my other post The Solo is not as portable as I had hoped and I am looking for something I can hide fast if need be... The Solo with its glass and the Herb in the Glass part is hard to hide if you need to real fast.. And I am not talking from the Cops.. I am talking from family members that dont know I vape and I dont want them to know but still want to vape and hide if need be in the house..
It's definitely more powerful than the MFLB. The solo almost reminds me though of hitting a non-portable vape because the vapor is there instantly and you take a quickish hit. With the Evo there is a lot more building up heat momentum to get good hits. It is definitely a lot more portable than the solo but you will probably be a lot more frustrated attempting to get big rips.

Futuretvowner,

PB88123

Vaporist
Hi all.. Been reading this thread.
Kind of dazed and confused will all the Mods + all the different configurationsTV offers..
Anyway my question is to all you Solo owners how does the ThermoVape Evolution LV Vaporizer compare overall to the Solo?
I love my Solo but looking for something more stealth and smaller and the TVE looks like it could fit the bill..
One thing I like about the Solo is draw wise it is very easy to use.. Meaning you dont have to think about technique or anything... Reading this thread it kind of reminds me of the MFLB in that you have to spend time perfecting your technique with the TVE and it can be tricky.. Is that the case?
And how hot does this thing get while using it for say a session of just 2 or 3 loads? Again being Stealth I want something I can put in my pocket or something at a moments notice, if I need to, without burning my nutz off...
Thanks!

The draw is easy with the EVO LV. You turn it on and let the core warm up for 20 seconds. Then take puffs till you start to see vapor (You draw air from outside over the heater and over your herb so it takes I would say 15 seconds of puffing/inhaling to warm everything up). Another thing that will help is when it's empty see how long it takes to warm up. Then turn it off and back on then see how long it takes to warm up again. I do this with fully charged and half charged batteries and it gives you a good idea how long to wait till you begin inhaling. Once you use it for a few weeks you get a good feel for how the device works and how long it takes to warm up and won't even be thinking about how to do it and just do it. A long, steady, slow inhale to start off is good. In regards to the heat it depends on how many hits you do in a row. If you takes 8 hits, refill, 8 more, refill, 8 more then yes it will get too hot to handle most likely. A 3-4 minute session which is around 6 good hits I would say wouldn't get it too hot to handle and can be put back in your pocket and not worry about burning yourself. Someone else who uses the EVO LV will have to comment on their use and heat. I only have the T1 right now.

The one you quoted is used for the EVO LV and 6V to give it a nicer look and to absorb some of the heat. There is another one that looks all silver which is made for the DART and REV as it has an overfill chamber.

PB88123,

OF

At this point in my vaping experience I for sure know which posters I don't listen to.

Bingo! Exactly what I was trying to encourage others to do!!

See, we do agree about the important stuff?

OF
It is a bit confusing for sure so I'm not even positive I'm correct. These days I just wait for OF or TV to give the correct answers :lol:

Yea I was confused because the first sentence on their product page for this says.. "This is the fully 510 compatible interface designed for use with the ThermoVape Evolution."

I agree, it's confusing and getting more so all the time. A list of strange names isn't helping me either (I'm really bad with names....). You've no idea how scary I find that second sentence.....

My understanding (I don't have one but have seen them) is the same as yours. It's a more square, insulted version of the adapter that holds the switch and screws into the battery tube on one end and accepts the cart on the other. It should work well for DART and Revolution as well (and will help protect your fingers) but it lacks the trap for leaks (standard fare on e-cigs) so if you tend to leak oil out the bottom of your DART or Revolution (overfilling usually), I'd steer clear.

OF

OF,
"At this point in my vaping experience I for sure know which posters I don't listen to."
Bingo! Exactly what I was trying to encourage others to do!!

See, we do agree about the important stuff?

OF

So you're trying to "encourage" others to not listen to certain posters? Let people make their own decisions as you said.

Futuretvowner,

OF

"At this point in my vaping experience I for sure know which posters I don't listen to."

So you're trying to "encourage" others to not listen to certain posters? Let people make their own decisions as you said.

Exactly. "Consider the source" when you decide which of conflicting advice to follow. You're doing something else? Had me fooled......

OF

OF,
Exactly. "Consider the source" when you decide which of conflicting advice to follow. You're doing something else? Had me fooled......

OF
No I don't inform other users which posters to listen to. I let them decide on their own.

Futuretvowner,

OF

No I don't inform other users which posters to listen to. I let them decide on their own.

Good for you.

I know you're not inferring I am.....well, that's not really true.....

I think most folks are adult enough to figure it out on their own, really. I also think most when faced with conflicting 'facts' start to vet the sources.....which is a good thing.

OF

OF,
Good for you.

I know you're not inferring I am.....well, that's not really true.....

I think most folks are adult enough to figure it out on their own, really. I also think most when faced with conflicting 'facts' start to vet the sources.....which is a good thing.

OF
Grow up. I'm sick of reading your sarcastic snide remarks that you subtly throw in almost all of your posts.

Futuretvowner,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So it sounds kind of like the MFLB where there is a bit(A lot???) of a learning curve to learn how to draw from it... hummmmmm
This I can comment on from personal experience. I never understood the MFLB. I tried it for a year and it was ok, but not great. The learning curve on the T1, for me, was about 48 hours. I also want to point out that the methods/techniques of use between the TV products and the MFLB are almost exactly opposite of each other. This was a good thing for me but has confused others in the past.

Makes your blind advice about telling newbies to buy one just THAT much more ridiculous.
And there you go assuming again. My roomate owns one and I use pretty much everyday. You're 3/3. Don't take a job as a detective.... well... ever.

Futuretvowner,

OF

Grow up. I'm sick of reading your sarcastic snide remarks that you subtly throw in almost all of your posts.

OK, that's all you got? Cheap insults, noting by way of relevant thoughts?

OK, I've got a thought then, this conversation, such as it is, is obviously over. As you suggest those following can decide for themselves what's wheat and what's chaff?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom