Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

OF

I did one bowl. This vape works perfectly the way the manufacturer intends it to work. I made a modification and paid the price. The ufo got hot enough to melt the mouthpiece onto it. My delrin cover no longer has a ufo, other than that everything is working as it should.

You know, VB, if I were you I'd call CS tomorrow and tell them about this. It's no sin, but confession is good for the soul.....and I'll bet in this case it's also good for a replacement mouthpiece and UFO, along with a recommendation to not do it again? It seems to me they also have some PTFE mouthpieces which might now melt so you can carry on with your evil experiments? Not sure, but maybe Tim can set up an upgrade?

Worth the call, I'd be surprised if doesn't get you some replacement parts. My 'take' is they support reasonable experiments with their gear.

OF

Hey thanks for the tip. Ill let them know, but i dont want anything. Heck, i got everything else for free anyways! I was able to pluck the plastic off and re-apply it into my evo cover. So no harm no foul. :)

OF

Hey thanks for the tip. Ill let them know, but i dont want anything. Heck, i got everything else for free anyways! I was able to pluck the plastic off and re-apply it into my evo cover. So no harm no foul. :)

That's cool, your call of course, but I'd still discuss the PTFE mouthpiece, it might let you press on with your experiments?

Best wishes,

OF

2clicker

Observer
Don't you guys just want to buy a vape and have it work perfectly the way it is designed by the manufacturer. Reading this thread it is ridiculous how many different modifications all of you are doing. Shouldn't this vape have been tested enough in the factory that the way it is shipped is the most efficient and effective way to use it....

the Evo is the first of its kind. and in its factory form it vapes a bowl fully all on its own. however some are finding more satisfying results by some very minor mods. again these mods are minor at best.

it would be great if the Evo would run at maximum performance/efficiency from the factory in its factory state, but this is usually not the case in any industry.

i do not find these mods to be rediculous. in fact im always looking for ways to make stuff perform better and find modifying can do just that.

2clicker,
Reactions: zmurder

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Its been a long weekend and there's a lot of catching up to do on here, excuse me if i dont answer everyone questions or concerns.

Woah, i just had a pretty bad experience with my TV evo. The new UFO mod melted my mouthpiece.

The UFO is designed to be in the PTFE outer sleeve. The modularity of our devices allows for multiple modifications and while we like seeing you all experiment around and try new things we have to advise you that our products have only been endurance tested as they were designed and any failures due to modifying them would not be a warranty case. We do offer almost every individual part now so if you mess up your UFO you can get just a new UFO if you wanted.

We had a very busy weekend with the sale, we are working hard to get every ones orders out the door. We apologize in advance if it takes a few days longer to get your order.

Cheers,

Tim

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Don't you guys just want to buy a vape and have it work perfectly the way it is designed by the manufacturer. Reading this thread it is ridiculous how many different modifications all of you are doing. Shouldn't this vape have been tested enough in the factory that the way it is shipped is the most efficient and effective way to use it....

That is one way to look at it, but some of us like to fiddle around and mod things too, but I see your point, and do not at all disagree that it should work right, and in its factory state, it does work (at least mine does)... but don't spoil our fun if we want to make mods and what not... some of us seem to enjoy it.

*edited*

That is one way to look at it, but some of us like to fiddle around and mod things too, but I see your point, and do not at all disagree with the point it should work right... but don't spoil our fun if we want to make mods and what not... some of us get seem to enjoy it.
Yeah I'm all for modding but I was just curious because it seem some people are saying that the way they have modded it works a lot better than the way it came.

Futuretvowner,

Bart

Yeah I'm all for modding but I was just curious because it seem some people are saying that the way they have modded it works a lot better than the way it came.
Any mod is gonna claim that. At work I remove the guards from my saws. Does it work better for me. Yes. Should manufacturers sell saws without gaurds. Hell no.
If tv told us to throw out the heat shield and use shorty mouth pieces on the cartridge. We would all cry when we burn our lips. They did it the best and safest way they could.
Do I run mine without shield. Yes. If I burn myself it's my fault.
Honestly I think your upset that you didn't get what you want and now your just nitpicking.
Just my 2 cents

darkrom

Great Scott!
Any mod is gonna claim that. At work I remove the guards from my saws. Does it work better for me. Yes. Should manufacturers sell saws without gaurds. Hell no.
If tv told us to throw out the heat shield and use shorty mouth pieces on the cartridge. We would all cry when we burn our lips. They did it the best and safest way they could.
Do I run mine without shield. Yes. If I burn myself it's my fault.

This part right here is amazing. I wish everyone understood this. I love modding things and taking them apart. However when I overclock something and run it hot or do a motor swap on a vehicle I don't expect to have it be just as reliable as it was from the factory...for the general population anyway. For me my motor swap was a great success, but >95% of people buying it would say the bike was ruined if it came the way that best suits me.

Every now and then someone comes up with a mod that improves a design all around. Manufacturers love and embrace this almost all of the time. That being said they also spend a TON of time/money making things the best possible way for the majority. Any tinkerer should understand that you can break it in the process, and once the device is altered, you MAY no longer be able to expect what you could when the product was tested as designed.

Now with that I hope these mods keep rolling in! As a general rule of thumb, if you want to mod it, make sure you don't care about the warranty. Luckily the TV is so modular and we can buy small parts to replace when our experiments go sour.

propjoe

my evolution was waiting for me when i got home from work today!
do the batteries come precharged? and how do i know when the charger has completed the charge? the light is a solid color on the charger. thanks.

propjoe,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
If you are using the Ultrafire charger sent with the Evo, the light is red with an occasional green blink when charging, then a solid green means they are charged.

propjoe

should the two lights that are on the charger stay lit after i remove the batteries?

propjoe,

propjoe

is the top part that covers the chamber where i put the herb supposed to be loose or have a tight fit?

propjoe,

OF

is the top part that covers the chamber where i put the herb supposed to be loose or have a tight fit?

Snug, you don't want an air leak. But not too tight, especially when hot, you don't want it locking on. I loosen my top up between hits to shake the unit up for the next time. I actually find rolling it over does a better mixing job so I loosen the end, roll it several turns while horizontal then turn it vertical again an snug it back down.

OF

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would say it should be snug. It should not wiggle if you shake it for instance. It should be able to spin with not too much force. Hope that helps.

Slightly Medicated,
Top Bottom