Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

OF

Dang sounds fun, maybe if my LV was high performance I would use it more, just doesnt quite cut the cake for me like my 6v Evo does. Though the 6v requires more battery changing and gets damn hot, especially when using some thick oils.
Im guessing they probably sold these at the beginning months of TET being launched in 2010ish?

Whoa! Hold the phone. "Using some thick oils"? In Evolution? You sure? My Evolution is for herbs.....

Your guess is a mite off, it came at the end of the original products, several months back not a few years. They cleared out their existing stock including making up some custom packages and offering mods that didn't make the cut for general use.

IIRC the numbers right, the high power mod pushes the Evolution from 20 to just under 30 Watts (close to T1). It takes a steady hand but can give some guys more of what they want. I'd think they'll rewind yours (either voltage) to that power for the rebuild price, they have to wind a new heater anyway.

OF

NoName

Do you know if I can use the same battery that came weith my regular LV EVO? or does it require A slightly more powerful one?

Thanks for enlightening me about the HP LV EVO everybody, man TET is mad scientist of the Vaporizer world for sure, those people working their are sure lucky (though probably busting their tales as well).

Hey Rocco,

If the battery that came with your LV EVO is the AW IMR 17670 (1600 mah) then yes that's all you need to run the HP LV EVO. Like OF said, the HP LV EVO is a powerful beast and a lot of fun to play with. If you find yourself in need of 5-6 rips quickly (say in under 5 minutes from pulling out of pocket to replacing) this will get you there. Have fun.

NN

NoName,
Reactions: Rocco

Rocco

Whoa! Hold the phone. "Using some thick oils"? In Evolution? You sure? My Evolution is for herbs.....

Your guess is a mite off, it came at the end of the original products, several months back not a few years. They cleared out their existing stock including making up some custom packages and offering mods that didn't make the cut for general use.

IIRC the numbers right, the high power mod pushes the Evolution from 20 to just under 30 Watts (close to T1). It takes a steady hand but can give some guys more of what they want. I'd think they'll rewind yours (either voltage) to that power for the rebuild price, they have to wind a new heater anyway.

OF

Lol, yes its that dark goop material that comes from some QWISO with too much chlorophyl (in this batch at least). Anyways, ya I just scrape it onto a screen and make a little hot dog or basket to encase the oil and then I also have another regular screen on the bottom part resting on the TET holes for a screen ( they let some plant matter get in and fowl the taste IMO)but yep thats how I do it till my CEO and CLL come in the mail:spliff:

And ahhh that makes sense, yeah I was busy with school when the 1st generation was being discontinued, I checked TET's site one day and noticed no more products and nearly wet myself when I saw the Cera (though I was a bitter that they weren't making anymore of the 1st gen) None the less I caved and ordered the Cera.

edit: and to Foghat, I have not tried the 6v with the LV yet, was kinda afraid it may hurt the core if I did, how many have done this without problems? and more importantly how many have had any bad results from using the 6v with the LV core?

Rocco,
Reactions: OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Foghat & Rocco: Just a warning. The day before yesterday I blew out one of my LV DART cores by putting it on my T1 handle (which had two RCR123A batteries, i.e., 6v). I was already stoned medicated at the time, and accidentally grabbed the wrong core...

It gave me two or three really great hits before it gave up the ghost.

Now the LV Evo core is different from the LV DART core, so maybe it can take a 2x over voltage source without burning out, but unless you don't mind being without it for two weeks, and coughing up $15 plus shipping, I would tread VERY carefully, especially if you're going to use the AC supply.

Rocco

Thanks for the warning Haywood! I think I may just take my chances with getting the LV core rewired by TET for High Performance and then I will inquire as to what would happen if hypothetically, I did run the LV core at 6v and will see what wisdom they will shed on the subject for me, or would their lawyer prevent them from even talking about such experiments?

Edit: On second thought, perhaps I could attempt it and see what happens. if it burns out on me I planned on sending it in to upgrade to an HP LV core so It would be no loss, that is assuming I wont get hurt in the process of trying the 6v on the LV.

Rocco,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Nothing there to hurt you, at least that I can think of, but I still think it's probably not a great idea...

Haywood,

Rocco

Well I went ahead and tried it, so far it doesnt seem to have burnt the core out or anything. How did you know your dart burnt out? Just didn't light anymore? or did it make any noise?

So far I'm actually impressed with the results, heats the core to red in an instant and provides for thick vapor. Though I could imagine possible trouble if I were to ride the switch too long and let it get too hot. But I got through one load and it was like a slightly quicker 6v Evo?Just warms up literally twice as fast I'd say, maybe its about on par with the HP EVO from what Ive gathered? Either way Im gonna send this baby in to rebuild and become an HP, just wanted to try the battery switch, don't wanna push it too much.:smug:

Rocco,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Well I went ahead and tried it, so far it doesnt seem to have burnt the core out or anything. How did you know your dart burnt out? Just didn't light anymore? or did it make any noise?

So far I'm actually impressed with the results, heats the core to red in an instant and provides for thick vapor. Though I could imagine possible trouble if I were to ride the switch too long and let it get too hot. But I got through one load and it was like a slightly quicker 6v Evo?Just warms up literally twice as fast I'd say, maybe its about on par with the HP EVO from what Ive gathered? Either way Im gonna send this baby in to rebuild and become an HP, just wanted to try the battery switch, don't wanna push it too much.:smug:
I can't see the damn light in my DART at all. I can definitely feel the heat though. Within 5 seconds I know if it's gonna go or not, within 15 you'll surely know without even looking into it.

More on topic, this Evo... quite finicky. I get the hang of it for a bit, then I lose it. For sure more technique-driven than the LB. Doesn't help much that I'm trying to chug it along with the Ultra. Batteries are getting a roughing up that would make Don Corneoli proud :ko:

Quetzalcoatl,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog

Let's see. No noise. No glow. No heat. Good batteries. Then looked on the bottom of the DART core and saw the LV laser engraved. So I had a pretty good idea what just happened. :( Then when I got home I checked it with my ohm meter, and it was open (instead of 1.7Ω).

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your coil, at least until it gets sent back for some steroids. I've always found my 6V DART core on a T1 base to be the best of the gen 1 TET products for oil. My LV DARTS work great too, but they do take twice as long to heat up.

[T]his Evo... quite finicky. I get the hang of it for a bit, then I lose it. For sure more technique-driven than the LB. Doesn't help much that I'm trying to chug it along with the Ultra. Batteries are getting a roughing up that would make Don Corneoli proud :ko:

You might want to look back (quite) a ways in this thread for a discussion that Jam and I had about not using the Delrin sleeve that normally goes around the Evo core, and just using a mouthpiece directly into the top of the Evo core. Be wary of the exposed Evo core. It's metal, and it gets hot! If you have one of the ptfe mouthpieces try that first, rather than the Delrin mouthpiece, as one user here reported that he melted the Delrin mouthpiece. I never melted mine, and even though I have a ptfe mouthpiece all I ever use is an extended Delrin mouthpiece, but I wanted to mention it. Oh, and speaking of mouthpieces directly into the Evo core, if you have one with a UFO in the end, that works the best, as it keeps bits of herb out of your mouth, but doesn't restrict your airpath. It does cut down on the available space in the Evo for herb a little bit.

I always found the Evo core erratic when used with the stock Delrin sleeve. Sometimes it would work just fine, and sometimes it sucked, draining a complete set of T1 batteries and not producing any significant amount of vapor. Once I switched to using the mouthpiece directly into the Evo core, it worked great 100% of the time. If it works great for you that way, and you can find the messages between Jam and me earlier in the thread, you'll also see that you can modify the Delrin sleeve by cutting the top off, which allows it to completely surround the Evo core (as designed), while still letting you put your mouthpiece directly into the top of the Evo core. This way you don't burn yourself on the core when you accidentally get too medicated. Best of both worlds. (And if you do love the new setup, and you decide to cut the top off the Delrin sleeve, you can pop out the little UFO that lives there, and put it into the bottom of one of your mouthpieces).

:)

(If you can't find the messages, let me know and I will search for them for you. You can try searching this thread for messages from me, which is probably the easiest way to find them).

Quetzalcoatl

I've read a lot of this thread. :nod: I saw the melted mouthpiece tip that came out in one piece, I saw you guys cutting the Derlin down and using hand clamps to shove the UFO bit into the mouthpiece, and then TV making UFO-d mouthpieces. Unfortunately I do not have a PTFE mouthpiece, at least I believe I don't. It didn't come with a MP, I have the opened drip-tip MP from the AVA, and the longer tiny hole'd one from my DART. I should buy a PTFE I'm thinking. Lookin' like TV's gonna get a couple more dollars out of me already :ko:

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
You DO remember; I'm impressed! :)

Well, as I said, I've never melted one of my Delrin mouthpieces, and I suspect that a short test wouldn't melt one. Just remember that the medium length mouthpiece with the restricted air path that was an option with the DART is going to severely restrict your ability to draw air, and is NOT suitable for the Evo. Really. The AVA drip-tip is fine (though probably not ptfe) for a quick test or two. Then you can decide if you want a long Delrin mouthpiece (if there are any left), or a short ptfe mouthpiece (if there are any of them left); they never made any long ptfe mouthpieces (I don't think). I much preferred my long (Delrin) mouthpiece with my modded Evo rig, but then again mine never melted. And I remember the picture of the melted one too. It was gnarly...

fogbank

I've tried a number of different things with my Evos (except perhaps the required amount of patience and persistence) and still find them wanting.

My current setup is a PTFE mouthpiece with a UFO, inserted directly into the Evo core. I cut down the original Delrin sleeve so it slides over the body of the core to prevent me from burning my fingers (I still manage to do it).

As I mentioned I have 3 different Evo cores (LV, SV, HP, etc...) and have tried them in various combinations with 3 different power sources (RCR123A, 17670, PA). I still cannot get a setup that works for me every time.

My Evos pretty much just collect dust while my T1 and Pax get regular use (I just received my Inhalater XP, so that also may be part of the regular lineup soon).

fogbank,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I would give Zeki a call at TET. If they have three ptfe mouthpieces sitting in a drawer, they might not bother to put them on the site, but a phone call might turn something up.

Haywood,

Quetzalcoatl

I don't know how I missed it earlier, but I was intending to shoot you guys an email really quick. Got busy cooking and cleaning my mess after. Thanks Tim!

Quetzalcoatl,

Ricardooayee

A chance came up to buy an evolution. I had a question , i'm new to portable vaporizers so , so far from what I've read here if i get the evolution i can buy the evolution to revolution adapter and be able to vape shatter,wax,budder ?

Ricardooayee,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I don't think there's an Evolution to Revolution adapter. The Evo is larger and designed differently. You many be thinking about converting between a Revolution and a DART. Give TET a phone call, or send them an email to check, in case I'm wrong.

And Welcome to FC!

Haywood,
Reactions: NoName

OF

A chance came up to buy an evolution. I had a question , i'm new to portable vaporizers so , so far from what I've read here if i get the evolution i can buy the evolution to revolution adapter and be able to vape shatter,wax,budder ?

No, Evolution is for bud, not concentrates. And it's a convection vape, like T1 before it, and Cera after it. However, IMO, both of those TV products are probably better for first timers. Evolution is hardest to drive of the 3 I think. It's compact and powerful, which was the goal, but it's more a tool for experts.

I'd pass if you want to vape concentrates.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Like OF said the Evolution is a convection loose leaf vaporizer. Once you have an Evolution you only need the Revolution/DART cartridge and it will thread onto the same interface no problem. The "Conversion kit" we used to sell also includes the Revolution interface which isnt really nessasary, it does however have a larger "well" incase you overload it or it leaks out the bottom.

Cheers,
Tim

Ricardooayee

Like OF said the Evolution is a convection loose leaf vaporizer. Once you have an Evolution you only need the Revolution/DART cartridge and it will thread onto the same interface no problem. The "Conversion kit" we used to sell also includes the Revolution interface which isnt really nessasary, it does however have a larger "well" incase you overload it or it leaks out the bottom.

Cheers,
Tim

That's what I meant. It's the evolution interface no cart. But he said I can get that conversion kit and be able to put the revolution/DART cartridge on it.

Ricardooayee,

OF

That's what I meant. It's the evolution interface no cart. But he said I can get that conversion kit and be able to put the revolution/DART cartridge on it.

What you need is the Revolution/DART itself. The different adapter that used to bundle with the Revoluton/DART (and come on new kits with them) is nice, but not necessary as Tim says. You don't need that adapter.....what you need is the Revolution/DART (since Evolution won't do concentrates without it), and those aren't available.

OF

OF,

Ricardooayee

What you need is the Revolution/DART itself. The different adapter that used to bundle with the Revoluton/DART (and come on new kits with them) is nice, but not necessary as Tim says. You don't need that adapter.....what you need is the Revolution/DART (since Evolution won't do concentrates without it), and those aren't available.

OF

I was on gotvape earlier and they had the revolution online. Is that not in stock ?

Ricardooayee,

OF

I was on gotvape earlier and they had the revolution online. Is that not in stock ?

Don't trust it would be my advice. At least confirm it's real before you make plans. Several folks have reported problems there.

If you can get the Revolution cart from them, that's really the key piece. You can, if you have to, use other supplies ('batteries') to drive it and last I heard the very last TV made Ultra (for the AVA line originally I think) had not been bought. There was at least one site that was still providing them, others will work.

The Evolution cart itself isn't going to do you any good unless you want to do herb, you might be able to sell it easily, but they don't seem near as rare/popular as Revolution/DART.

Again, be sure it's not a ghost before you lay money down.

OF

Ricardooayee

Don't trust it would be my advice. At least confirm it's real before you make plans. Several folks have reported problems there.

If you can get the Revolution cart from them, that's really the key piece. You can, if you have to, use other supplies ('batteries') to drive it and last I heard the very last TV made Ultra (for the AVA line originally I think) had not been bought. There was at least one site that was still providing them, others will work.

The Evolution cart itself isn't going to do you any good unless you want to do herb, you might be able to sell it easily, but they don't seem near as rare/popular as Revolution/DART.

Again, be sure it's not a ghost before you lay money down.

OF
Thanks. I actually found a revolution for $ 149.99
I called and they have it in stock so ill be getting that.

Ricardooayee,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom