Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Rocco

I picked up a great deal on Ebay, got the 6v with 4 batteries,charger,extended mouthpiece, and 3 spare O-rings for 83 bucks. (free 3-5 day shipping too!)
Ive been really satisified with this compared to my LV EVO that just couldn't seem to work well ( got alot of taste from the LV EVO but hardly any vapor, none of my friends even think it works). But ya keep an eye out on the used market and youll find great deals if you have the patience to wait for em.

I also made a small mod for my 6v EVO and have been succesfully using some Essential Oils and getting great battery run times (roughly any where from 7-15 mins). Ill post a pic of my EVO once I get done with this darn Homework!

Maybe Ill post a vid if I feel up to it :spliff:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Very nice! I just got a LV Evo from a fellow member here that'll be shipping in a few days' time. Not looking for much cloud out of it, I prefer it working than looking like it's working. Low-profile vapors but the full effects are perfect for me ;) Can't beat your $83 for a full set though :tup:

Finally the Evo will complete my little triangle: AVA, DART, EVO on the ULTRA base. My portable dream come true :bowdown:

zourdiesel

watup Quetzal! thanks for referring me here. anyways so i had gotten a thermovape t1 a couple months ago and it stop working the next day. when i push up the batteries it doesnt turn on at all. ive taken it apart, pushed in the spring and charged all the batteries still no. any advice? thermovape told me to mail the core to em, just havent gotten around to it but if i can fix it myself i will. was debating for weeks over the pax and the thermovape and ended up getting the Vaporblunt 2.0

zourdiesel,

Quetzalcoatl

watup Quetzal! thanks for referring me here. anyways so i had gotten a thermovape t1 a couple months ago and it stop working the next day. when i push up the batteries it doesnt turn on at all. ive taken it apart, pushed in the spring and charged all the batteries still no. any advice? thermovape told me to mail the core to em, just havent gotten around to it but if i can fix it myself i will. was debating for weeks over the pax and the thermovape and ended up getting the Vaporblunt 2.0
Hey boss! You uh, got in the wrong thread lol. I think the The thread is just titled "ThermoVape." If TV is asking for the core they are probably going to take it apart and rewire it for you... OF, one of our "old heads" said he had the opportunity to wire up some cores when he visited the factory... apparently only the first of three was up to par haha. Probably best to send it to them. If it's nit covered by their warranty it's gonna be around $15 for the labor... bout the price of a gram...

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

OF, one of our "old heads" said he had the opportunity to wire up some cores when he visited the factory... apparently only the first of three was up to par haha. Probably best to send it to them. If it's nit covered by their warranty it's gonna be around $15 for the labor... bout the price of a gram...

Hey, all three passed inspection (which is why they took ten minutes each.....nearly a minute a turn....). Basically the coil (less than 1/8 OD and a dozen or so turns total) has to be 'visually perfect'. If you can see a difference is turn spacing or length you need to correct it. Only when it 'looks perfect' on fairly close inspection is it ready for the next step. The really trying part is fitting the preformed coil in place. It needs to be formed and bent as it's threaded through....all without distorting the coil.

Anyway, that's for Cera. T1, Evolution, Revolution/DART and the rest need special tools to take apart and press back together. You also need to replace the base each time so you'd need that part (at least) to do a 'home rebuild', if the core is bad it has to go back to the shop......

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

Quetzalcoatl

Noted, I thought since you only mentoned the first one passing QC that the rest didn't make the cut... assumptions are a dangerous thing... sometimes.

Drip tip mouthpiece from my AVA will work fine with the UFO sleeve yeah?

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Noted, I thought since you only mentoned the first one passing QC that the rest didn't make the cut... assumptions are a dangerous thing... sometimes.

Drip tip mouthpiece from my AVA will work fine with the UFO sleeve yeah?

Yup, only one made it to final assembly, but the other two 'were accepted' by Travis and put in the 'good' pile.....a trivial dent of course, but a serious learning experience for me. I intend to get back on it later. But for now my respect for the Cera design (and the guys that can build them) has gone up another notch. Lots goes on in a few inches of wire.

Yes, the UFO part of the DART loader takes normal MPs on the other end. The UFO (from Evolution) does not fit, however. To make it work you need to file the MP down as far as you can then ream the hole out enough to take the UFO (both kind of fiddly). Then you need to add another o-ring to the MP since without it the lot will go far enough into the Cera core to seal the UFO against the lip that retains the top plate. Not a good solution at it's best, which is why I decided to try the DART loader.

My 'take' right now is it's an OK experiment but should not be released in that form. The troublemakers will key right away on the exposed brass and be slinging stuff all over again before lunch.

Long term I think redesigning the DART loader to remove the tip and provide full plating is the answer (if the expected demand supports the cost of the effort of course). I think in due time TV will have the Beta testers take a run at it.....at least that's my hope. And what's going to be driving my hints to them from time to time......

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

Quetzalcoatl

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The Evo I'm gettting has no mouthpiece, but the UFO is attached to the heat shield that goes around the Evo. Would the drip-tip mouthpiece that ships with the AVA be okay to use? Just the white MP with its black o-ring. What about the longer DART MP with the small hole in the center? I quit using e-juice, so as far as I'm concerned my AVA is a backup Rev body now, with a free mouthpiece in my arsenal. No point buying a new one if I don't need it, ya know...

FWIW, my drip-tip MP was slightly wiggly sitting on the DART UFO/dabber tool bit. The extended DART MP didn't like the AVA if I remember...

Thanks again :peace:

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

The Evo I'm gettting has no mouthpiece, but the UFO is attached to the heat shield that goes around the Evo. Would the drip-tip mouthpiece that ships with the AVA be okay to use? Just the white MP with its black o-ring. What about the longer DART MP with the small hole in the center? I quit using e-juice, so as far as I'm concerned my AVA is a backup Rev body now, with a free mouthpiece in my arsenal. No point buying a new one if I don't need it, ya know...

FWIW, my drip-tip MP was slightly wiggly sitting on the DART UFO/dabber tool bit.

Thanks again

You're welcome.

Yes, all the standard drip tips (including those not from TV) should fit the Evolution. What yo u have should work.

I think the extended MP with small hole is actually from Revolution, it (the restriction) was not needed with DART, they all shipped without it (the UFO does this). FWIW.

OF

Rocco

Here's my wee little addition to the EVO to add improvement of heat in the chamber and encourages a slow heavy draw that produces clouds just short of being big enough to cause a cough, which can be good in some situations if your in public. Anyways I just used A small 4in x 6in microfiber cloth that I folded into A small 1 inch tall, 6 inch wide piece that I proceeded to wrap around the Black Delrin cover and this enables the incoming air to be dithered just enough to let it get more warm from the heat coming off the core. I use to cup my hand around the Delrin for the same effect but since it gets so hot I had to find a new way to help me stop from possibly burning myself, and it turns it back to a one handed functioning device. Heres some pics!

Edit: I am able to adjust the airflow by slightly pushing the cloth up or I can push it down and if I may, cup my hand over the cloth to make the air heat up more quickly (but be sure to draw harder!) and this enables some quick fruitful sip hits or long slow draws for decent clouds.
0q2DCiH.jpg

ROyZZ7R.jpg

Rocco

Good way to start the Week! Have fun with your new toys Quetzalcoatl!

Rocco,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

If I'm not here, I'm probably holding the Post Office hostage with a broken bong screaming "WHERE IS IT?!" repeatedly, occasionally making people smoke ABV to see what hell is really like. All according to plan, you should catch my handsome face on the 11 o clock news tonight :doh:

I'm thinking it made it to the PO a bit "late" (but still on schedule as per seller's note for delivery tomorrow) and missed the cutoff for going out today... I wonder if I can head into town later and see if they can just give it to me there?

Rocco

Bummer man, I thought your post meant that It was there just waiting to be picked up or delivered, hope it gets to ya soon enough!:spliff:

Quetzalcoatl

Best and worst from the PO. It takes upwards of hours/days for their tracking to update.

But we barely cleared the cut-off. Close to the edge of their radius, perhaps I got lucky if the driver leaves for his country route later than the city folk. Should be here just before 2 this afternoon :)

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

OF

Should be here just before 2 this afternoon :)

Sounds to me like one lucky PO just got a reprieve.....

I'm predicting some serious testing starting about 3 minutes after the little blue and white truck leaves? Good luck with that.

OF

OF,

fogbank

Very nice! I just got a LV Evo from a fellow member here that'll be shipping in a few days' time. Not looking for much cloud out of it, I prefer it working than looking like it's working. Low-profile vapors but the full effects are perfect for me ;) Can't beat your $83 for a full set though :tup:

Finally the Evo will complete my little triangle: AVA, DART, EVO on the ULTRA base. My portable dream come true :bowdown:

I have 3 different Evo cores: original 6V standard, LV regular, and LV high performance. For me the Evo requires even greater adherence to technique and timing than the T1. So much so that I can honestly say I've never gotten the hang of it. I almost returned the original Evo core because I couldn't get it to work well one day. The next day it hit hard and produced very satisfying results. The day after that it was "no go" again.

They all heat up right, it's probably just me.

I also play around with running the LV cores on the 6V batteries or the PA. I know this may damage them (?) but I'm not too concerned about losing them anyway.

The only "crazy" experience I've had with the Evo is running the LV/high performance core on 6V batteries or PA. I've only managed to not combust once with that setup. Typically it's full combustion and a stream of smoke within a few seconds.

Rocco

Whooooooaaaaa what!? Theres an LV high performance? Or does that mean you sent it to Thermovape to upgrade/rebuild the core? Whats the difference between a regular LV and the "high performance?''

Rocco,

fogbank

Whooooooaaaaa what!? Theres an LV high performance? Or does that mean you sent it to Thermovape to upgrade/rebuild the core? Whats the difference between a regular LV and the "high performance?''

I didn't send any Evo cores to Thermovape for an upgrade. They sold them (beta packs) for a short period. Here's what I ordered:

1x ThermoVape Evolution High Performance Beta Pack - ONLY Evolution-HP Core
1x ThermoVape T1 Low Voltage Beta Pack - Default Title
1x ThermoVape Evolution High Performance Low Voltage Beta Pack - ONLY Evolution-HP Low Voltage Core

Seems like maybe it's the regular voltage high performance core that always combusts for me. I couldn't tell you the difference as far as specs are concerned. All I can tell you is that the high performance cores get hotter quicker!

Rocco

Dang sounds fun, maybe if my LV was high performance I would use it more, just doesnt quite cut the cake for me like my 6v Evo does. Though the 6v requires more battery changing and gets damn hot, especially when using some thick oils.
Im guessing they probably sold these at the beginning months of TET being launched in 2010ish?

Rocco,

Quetzalcoatl

You can send TV an email and for $10-15 you can get it re-wired to run at standard/stronger if you want.

Quetzalcoatl,

Rocco

You can send TV an email and for $10-15 you can get it re-wired to run at standard/stronger if you want.

Do you know if I can use the same battery that came weith my regular LV EVO? or does it require A slightly more powerful one?

Thanks for enlightening me about the HP LV EVO everybody, man TET is mad scientist of the Vaporizer world for sure, those people working their are sure lucky (though probably busting their tales as well).

Rocco,

fogbank

Dang sounds fun, maybe if my LV was high performance I would use it more, just doesnt quite cut the cake for me like my 6v Evo does. Though the 6v requires more battery changing and gets damn hot, especially when using some thick oils.
Im guessing they probably sold these at the beginning months of TET being launched in 2010ish?

I bought the beta packs in September 2012.

Have you tried your LV core with 6V batteries or the PA? I suppose I shouldn't recommend it because it's not the official use it was designed for...

fogbank,
Top Bottom