Discontinued Thermovape Cera

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm not sure about general advice, but specific advice for you would have to include "keep it out of the water"......

Not sure if referencing me dropping my smooth flow in lake buttmud, or if referencing me accidentally soaking my first batch of BHO in some of the purging water. Either way you are one funny bastard.

Thanks for the help guys. So the titanium core can be torched clean, what about the stainless? How do you clean the stainless? Just iso or just heat it dry until the ceramic is clean?

My understanding is that you just want to melt the concentrate into the ceramic disc inside slowly but surely. From there you heat it when you want to use it and boom vapor.

Is there any kind of loading video? Seems like the only tricky part. I'd normally just try and see what happens, but wasting concentrate would be quite painful at this point.

Speaking of pain, does BHO seem to help more with pain/inflammation than bud, even if you vape multiple bowls of bud? I was recently diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis so anything I can do to up my anti-inflammation component of cannabis will not just help me now, but in the long run as well.

OF

So are the bodies different as well as the cores? Because as OF stated you would think individual pieces would be more expensive than the package. At this pricing I could buy a stainless steel LL (vape only kit) and a separate titanium EO cartridge for less than one titanium EO (vape only kit).

First off, howdy, welcome to the fun and prospective ownership in a great vape!

Yes, the other metal parts (principally the base ring and screw plate (the most expensive part to make IIRC) are Ti as well. While mixing metals will work it's to be discouraged since SS and Ti tend to gaul up under the wrong conditions. This could, for instance, lock the core into the screw plate through temperature cycles.

For practical purposes SS it a better option for most I think, more so for those on a budget? I'd spend the extra hundred bucks on some tasty goods to use to get to know your new found friend.....

Good luck.

Not sure if referencing me dropping my smooth flow in lake buttmud, or if referencing me accidentally soaking my first batch of BHO in some of the purging water. Either way you are one funny bastard.

That would be Mister Funny Bastard to you, chump!

Thanks for the help guys. So the titanium core can be torched clean, what about the stainless? How do you clean the stainless? Just iso or just heat it dry until the ceramic is clean?

My understanding is that you just want to melt the concentrate into the ceramic disc inside slowly but surely. From there you heat it when you want to use it and boom vapor.

Is there any kind of loading video? Seems like the only tricky part. I'd normally just try and see what happens, but wasting concentrate would be quite painful at this point.

Speaking of pain, does BHO seem to help more with pain/inflammation than bud, even if you vape multiple bowls of bud?

I think SS is OK for occasional torching but I wouldn't suggest it as a regular practice. Ti is better suited but still overheating the stuff inside makes it bigger than ever before, it does stress things abnormally.

My experience is if you keep after it it's actually easy to keep it clean. I find boiling removes more junk faster than ISO soaks, I recommend starting (and ending) with a boil for that reason. Boiling after soaking also ensures the ISO is driven off before drying. I cleaned the first cart a whole lot changing strains and types, only torched it a time or two before deciding that there were better ways for me.

I know of no loading videos, nor do I think it's all that black an art. It's not the ceramic plate so much you need to load, we know from Revolution/DART it doesn't hold much concentrate. Rather it's the stacked cores and the area behind them we want to flood. Say half a gram, not the 1/20 or so the top plate will hold. For typical (well purged) concentrates I usually just fill the well above the plate and bump the power to melt it down. Some stuff takes some coaxing (I like wooden toothpicks to stir, don't poke the ceramic), but once melted unless there's a lot of gas venting off it tends to drain right in. As with other systems (like say Omicron) part of the secret to ongoing trouble free performance is to not let it get too low, top ups are pretty easy.

Heavy duty cleanings are to be avoided IMO since they involve losing .2 grams or so of goods. Loading good quality, well purged oil and not cooking the core trying to get the last bit out keeps it clean and free flowing very well IMO. I have many grams through the main EO core I use, it's still very fresh and I can easily taste almost immediately a strain change if it's down to .2 or so when I put the new stuff in on top.

Play with it, Bro, you'll sort it out.

As to the effect, I'd have to say it varies. Often the more potent doses from oils are easier to 'get down' I think. However, often I think trying to relax and sip at some tasty herb is a therapy of a sort in itself? Then again, there are also times when THC is all wrong (who wants to be more in tune with the pain?) and CBD is the goal......however that happens. For that use, I tend to hoard high CBD oils when I can get them......they can be lifesavers.

Glad you're changing sandboxes. I expect great things from you on this one too.......

OF

Betelgeuse

I'm the ghost with the most
Yes, the other metal parts (principally the base ring and screw plate (the most expensive part to make IIRC) are Ti as well. While mixing metals will work it's to be discouraged since SS and Ti tend to gaul up under the wrong conditions. This could, for instance, lock the core into the screw plate through temperature cycles.

For practical purposes SS it a better option for most I think, more so for those on a budget? I'd spend the extra hundred bucks on some tasty goods to use to get to know your new found friend.....

Good luck.
OF

Thanks for the clarification OF. Your wealth of knowledge never ceases to amaze. Especially when it saves me some cash.:)

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!

Speaking of pain, does BHO seem to help more with pain/inflammation than bud, even if you vape multiple bowls of bud? I was recently diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis so anything I can do to up my anti-inflammation component of cannabis will not just help me now, but in the long run as well.

CBD cheeba chews worked wonders for my pain!!!
I guess some people find it second nature to clean out the mouth piece, since its so easy and effortless!!

Edit**
Depends if its available in your state, but I ve heard that you can buy directly from tetra labs (pure gold) & I liked the effect plus the added cbd!!!
alot of extracts (maybe pertaining more to butane hash oil) seem to extract all the flavor terpenoids & thc , but do the cbd's get all transferred in this polar extraction??
Iam no expert but my body says no, and I start craving actual herbs to calm down pain from all day oils sesh's and no herb involved! My body needs CBD'S!!!

Any help or info from any knowledgeable memeber would be appreciated!!

pure gold in the persei was pretty nice, I have to say!!!(might be an acquired taste)
I yet to try pure gold in the CERA!!! Any one use pure gold in the cera?? and how does it perform???

Last edited:

Krazzykid

Bought that way it sure looks like it's 9 times? It's your math...... There must be at least one way?

I think you make a unrealistic link when you look at costs in such a simplistic manner. How much do you think it costs to make a new Toyota from parts? Isn't it true, for instance, that the charger, extra batteries and a lot of other stuff for Persei is free if you look at how much the tube, end cap and two heads cost? Just because TV did a unique pricing structure on their old products to keep 'the sum of the parts' the same as the package price (know anyone else that does that for anything? I don't either) doesn't mean you can continue to add and subtract pieces 'across the table' here.

Package prices are almost always cheaper in my experience. You don't find that?

And and EO core is definitely a much harder thing to build. I've now built a couple LL cores, but I'm by no means qualified to make an EO core with the much more cramped spaces and 4 stacked (very brittle) cores. You're just plain wrong here, I think, the materials might be close to a push, but the labor is hugely different.

As too how well it works with drip tips against the ceramic cap, I too agree that drip tips are the call and I have said as much here several times. You'll find drip tips on all the EO core photos I've posted, even from the early days before the change. Unlike you, PR, others and I are not guessing....we have experience to back up our opinions. The cap is just not that useful even though it's right there in the kit next to the cores I just don't use it except for what it's designed for, the LL core.

As another data point, the 'mini Cera' drawings I've been shown all use the EO core with no cap. Near as I can tell, using the cap would make the the top 1/4 inch or so bigger in diameter than the rest of the unit. It's not really intended for LL use as much as EL and EO, nobody 'in the know' would think of using that big, heavy top where it's not needed or wanted. It just doesn't offer any useful advantages I can see.

I get it you wish you'd got the parts for cheap, but that was then, this is now. IMO the new structure fits reality for most users and preserves the commitment to hold the system price in line in the face of unexpectedly small drops in production costs for the EO core. You're, of course, welcome to your own opinions but I think PR is telling it straight.

It's my honest opinion the horse is dead, you'd be best advised to stop beating it until you get something more solid to base your complaints on? If you don't want it, think the price is too high, or whatever by all means don't buy it. That's how it's supposed to be in a free market.

OF

I never said any such thing about wanting to get anything cheap! Show me where I ever said that?

I simply stated that I don't think it's right that they are no longer including the ceramic cap and mouthpiece with the complete Cera EO kit. Without it they are suggesting we put the now included Delrin mouthpiece in the EO and EL cores.
Delrin is not safe for someone like me with health issues. It's in no way medical grade and it's not right for TET to be expecting me to put it in a core that gets hot

It's not my math, it's the prices stated on the site. You buy the ceramic cap and top for $90, or you buy the LL core for $100 which comes with the ceramic cap and mouthpiece. Follow that with a simple subtraction $100(core, cap, mouthpiece)-$90(cap and mouthpiece)=$10(their new value on the LL core).

I'm not saying I should be able to get the LL core for $10, I don't want the LL core at all.

They won't include the original mouthpiece with the Cera EO kit because it's so expensive, but they will now give it away for free with the LL core at the same $100 it has always cost?

Last edited:
Krazzykid,
Reactions: Soflo

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
To my understanding, the Ceramic UFO mouthpiece on the EO core gets too hot. Been told by one of TET's customer service reps that it also clogs up somewhere due to all the 90 degree turns in the UFO designed mouthpiece when paired with the Cera EO core.

I was turned off by the loss of the ceramic mp (mouthpiece) on the EO core and I even e-mailed TET, my reason for not pulling the trigger on a Cera was because the EO core didn't come with the ceramic MP and I'd have to order the LL core just to get the ceramic mp which would set me back $100 cause I wouldnt use the LLC.

TET responded:
The reason behind removing the Ceramic UFO mp on the EO core was because it functions more efficiently when paired with a standard mouthpiece, or even better a smooth flow mp.

We wouldn't sacrifice efficiency for dollars was my interpretation.

VapoRoor,
Reactions: OF

Tom Funk

I never said any such thing about wanting to get anything cheap! Show me where I ever said that?

I simply stated that I don't think it's right that they are no longer including the ceramic cap and mouthpiece with the complete Cera EO kit. Without it they are suggesting we put the now included Delrin mouthpiece in the EO and EL cores.
Delrin is not safe for someone like me with health issues. It's in no way medical grade and it's not right for TET to be expecting me to put it in a core that gets hot

It's not my math, it's the prices stated on the site. You buy the ceramic cap and top for $90, or you buy the LL core for $100 which comes with the ceramic cap and mouthpiece. Follow that with a simple subtraction $100(core, cap, mouthpiece)-$90(cap and mouthpiece)=$10(their new value on the LL core).

I'm not saying I should be able to get the LL core for $10, I don't want the LL core at all.

They won't include the original mouthpiece with the Cera EO kit because it's so expensive, but they will now give it away for free with the LL core at the same $100 it has always cost?

Krazzykid, I see why you question TET's pricing. You make perfect sense, but that doesn't mean that TET's pricing structure does not.

From the word go with the Cera, TET has followed a simple pricing structure. There must be some advantage in this (at least a perceived one). A stainless steel Cera, whether LL, EO or EL, will set you back 250 bucks. A titanium one will cost you exactly twice that. Any version of the core in stainless steel will cost you 100 bucks, while the titanium versions are exactly twice that price. What are the odds that all these items have the same profit margin? Rather improbable, don't you think?

This demonstrates that the price reflects the value to the consumer rather than the cost of manufacture, as well as the marketing value to TET of a simple pricing structure. Think about it. Someone asks their mate what a Cera costs and how much the different cores are. The person who owns the device has a quick and simple answer that both they and the person they give the information to can remember easily.

Now when it comes to the EO, TET determined that they weren't making enough money selling the Cera EO with a top cap and ceramic mouthpiece. Given that fact, and the feedback they were getting that most EO users preferred using the delrin mouthpiece, they decided to offer the Cera with the delrin mouthpiece at $250 rather than raise the price to say, $300 (just a guessed figure). In the context of this decision they included the top cap and ceramic mouthpiece with the LL core because that is what someone who purchased it as an add-on to their Cera EO or EL would need, and because, let's face, who is going to buy an add-on LL core for $190 when you can get the whole Cera LL for $250. The whole idea of the Cera being one vape with different components would be pretty much out the window, and this would detract from one of their major selling points.

Now who knows. Maybe TET is even running at a loss when it sells the LL core now, but maybe that is worth it to them overall. Maybe they are even running at a loss when selling individual EO cores, but again, perhaps this is a part of an overall strategy.

I'm sure that they make a bigger margin on selling the top cap and ceramic mouthpiece individually than they do when they include them with the LL core, but that doesn't mean that this margin is unreasonable or exploitive.

I would guess that the ceramic mouthpiece are sold individually primarily as replacements when people make a careless mistake and damage them. TET's pricing on these probably reflects a decent margin that the market can sustain, although I would also guess that if a whole lot of people make the sort of comments that you are making here, their price on these components might drop.

If I was TET I would probably drop the prices on those components 10 bucks each or so, but I'm not TET, and I don't know what they know.

If I were you I would just ask them to sell you a Cera EO with ceramic top parts for $300. They are good guys, and are accommodating. I know that when I purchased some gen 1 components from them and asked if they had any cheaper international shipping options, they dropped their handling charge because of the small value of the order.

Drop them a line. It never hurts to ask. At worst case just buy the LL core and flog it off to someone who wants a cheap spare.

As far as the safety of the delrin goes, I'm sure it's alright. The gen 1 products were considered to be of a medical standard. If you are really unsettled about it, just grab a smooth flow.

TF

OF

Sorry for the confusion. You said you wanted it cheaper. Where I come from, wanting to get something for a lower than normal price is wanting to get it cheap?

Nothing wrong with wanting lower prices, of course.

I honestly thought you were complaining about the price....and wanted it lower.

For sure if you don't think it's safe or healthy, don't buy it. Most, I believe, feel Delrin is safe past the softening temperature but you should not get it if the use concerns you.

Good luck in your quest for the right vape for you.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I may be in the minority as well here, but I love the ceramic Mp with the EO core. It is so easy to keep clean, havent had any clogging issues (yet), dont have to worry about the o-ring shredding up, pairs perfectly with my glass piece and I dont have to worry about it melting like my delrin one did initially.

Does it suck that its not included when you buy the body, yes. But i feel like the LL core is also worth buying so it wasnt really an issue to me. The only issue I have with. The LL is the mouthpiece gets waytoo hot with constant use so if anything I think an alternative mouthpiece is needed for the LL and not the EO. But i dont work for Tv so who am I to say anything... I did get my cera from the classifieds so I paid a little less and maybe thats why Im not as mad as others about the MP issue.

On a side note, Is Tim still with Thermovape? I noticed he changed his name...

Krazzykid

Sorry for the confusion. You said you wanted it cheaper. Where I come from, wanting to get something for a lower than normal price is wanting to get it cheap?

Nothing wrong with wanting lower prices, of course.

I honestly thought you were complaining about the price....and wanted it lower.

For sure if you don't think it's safe or healthy, don't buy it. Most, I believe, feel Delrin is safe past the softening temperature but you should not get it if the use concerns you.

Good luck in your quest for the right vape for you.

OF
Again putting words in my mouth. Show me where I fucking said I wanted anything cheaper! Show me the exact post! Those words never came from me! I said their pricing isn't right on the LL core, and I still stand by that statement.
I said it is unsafe for me to be using Delrin and it isn't right to expect me to when I am immune compromised. TET expects me to use Delrin in a hot core, which isn't safe!

Edit: If anything I think they should charge $90 more for the LL core since they are including the cap and mouthpiece with it, not to mention the thermal sleeve too.

mod note: @Krazzykid, you are dangerously close to flaming. Tone it down or you will get a warning point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krazzykid,

Sonics420

Has anyone else had problems with oil splashing up to the ceramic mouth piece?

I let my oil soak into the ceramic sponge, then even let it cool down to let the oil get cooler and thicker.. But for some reason it seems like oil always splashes up from the ceramic sponge when I go for hits.. Why is this?? Am I doing something wrong? Is my Cera defective??

I really thought the sponge holds the oil, I even read wayyy back then that you can even hold your cera upside down and the sponge will not let the oil drip. Not the case here, if my Cera isnt straight up the oil is going to make a mess all over the cap, mouth piece and cart..

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I too am a firm believer in the ceramic ufo mouthpiece for the EO cart.
I've not had any clogging issues at all.
I firmly think it keeps the cart clean from foreign debris.
its a shame that some people feel their opinions are the end all know all.

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I was wondering the same thing after seeing some of his other posts..

Whaddup, Tim??

I may be in the minority as well here, but I love the ceramic Mp with the EO core. It is so easy to keep clean, havent had any clogging issues (yet), dont have to worry about the o-ring shredding up, pairs perfectly with my glass piece and I dont have to worry about it melting like my delrin one did initially.

Does it suck that its not included when you buy the body, yes. But i feel like the LL core is also worth buying so it wasnt really an issue to me. The only issue I have with. The LL is the mouthpiece gets waytoo hot with constant use so if anything I think an alternative mouthpiece is needed for the LL and not the EO. But i dont work for Tv so who am I to say anything... I did get my cera from the classifieds so I paid a little less and maybe thats why Im not as mad as others about the MP issue.

On a side note, Is Tim still with Thermovape? I noticed he changed his name...

I am no longer at Thermo-Essence Technologies full time, in light of a death in my family I have begun working at my familys Shop again to get it back on its feet and the time requirement would not have allowed me to be at both shops. This has also given me and a few friends the opportunity to pursue making some new accessories for a range of already existing vaporizers!

I am also doing some consulting with a few vaporizer manufacturers on some products that will be released in the future. People are working on some very cool ideas, out of this world kinda stuff. The next few years are going to be fun!

Cheers,
Tim

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I am no longer at Thermo-Essence Technologies full time, in light of a death in my family I have begun working at my familys Shop again to get it back on its feet and the time requirement would not have allowed me to be at both shops. This has also given me and a few friends the opportunity to pursue making some new accessories for a range of already existing vaporizers!

I am also doing some consulting with a few vaporizer manufacturers on some products that will be released in the future. People are working on some very cool ideas, out of this world kinda stuff. The next few years are going to be fun!

Cheers,
Tim
Wow Tim, Iam sorry on your loss, I hope all is well,& wish you and the family the best!!!

So is TET no longer or just a change of hands??

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo

Cheers,
Tim

Sending you positive vibes Tim, its nice to see you back in action here at FC
:cheers:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My condolences Tim....

On a side note, Ive used my Cera for about less than a week and it is already broken!!! Ugh I couldnt be more upset. Loaded up the EO last night, went to use it just now and it wont heat up at all. I put the LL core on to confirm and it doesnt glow unless I press down on the core really hard. Of course this had to happen on a Saturday.

Mynameismud,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stainless EO cart ordered! Now the hard part, waiting.

My condolences Tim....

On a side note, Ive used my Cera for about less than a week and it is already broken!!! Ugh I couldnt be more upset. Loaded up the EO last night, went to use it just now and it wont heat up at all. I put the LL core on to confirm and it doesnt glow unless I press down on the core really hard. Of course this had to happen on a Saturday.

On the positive side...at least both cores probably still work. Meaning the oil in the EO is going to still be good to use once you get a new switch.

mod note: @darkrom, please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I put the LL core on to confirm and it doesnt glow unless I press down on the core really hard. Of course this had to happen on a Saturday.

Sounds like a broken strap at the screw plate to me, I assume it's not a welded body?

Try a few dimes?

I strongly doubt it (that fixes different problems), but worth a try. Being as it worked before, you'd think at most one or two?

Stainless EO cart ordered! Now the hard part, waiting.

You can do it big guy. Cling to your LL Cera, promise it 'Big Brother' is coming to live with you......

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Vapor consulting? That's cool. I always wondered if the market had matured enough for that yet quite yet. How did you get involved with that?

I kinda just fell into it, the few people who knew i was going to leave TET must have spread the word to the right people and they swooped me up.

Wow Tim, Iam sorry on your loss, I hope all is well,& wish you and the family the best!!!

So is TET no longer or just a change of hands??

As far as i know TET is still there and kicking, I believe Travis has also left now but the rest of the team is still there.

Cheers,
Tim

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I kinda just fell into it, the few people who knew i was going to leave TET must have spread the word to the right people and they swooped me up.

As far as i know TET is still there and kicking, I believe Travis has also left now but the rest of the team is still there.

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim, I cant wait to see what your working on!!!
Keep us up to date, we all love you man even if we dont know you personally!!!

OF

Keep us up to date, we all love you man even if we dont know you personally!!!

Which might be a good thing, Tim can be kinda scary up close you know.

Fun stuff coming from Tim and his partners I'm thinking. Pipes and others too. This is a cool community, lots of futile ideas floating around and good guys to act on them. We all benefit from that I think.

OF

Top Bottom