Discontinued Thermovape Cera

toros23

Bob - I think he wants a female joint to fit over the LL cart w/o the top on using the rubber seals. doesn't fit into a 18mm female or mine doesn't, but almost.

Pretty sure that is why he mentioned the TV WP adapter, it fits right onto the Cera carts. :)

Mine doesn't get much use but when I use my hydrotube with my Cera it provides a very stable platform.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
If you go that route I bet you can have Oregonglassblower on ioffer.com do a 18mm male to the 19.25mm female adapter and reasonable also...

Bob - I think he wants a female joint to fit over the LL cart w/o the top on using the rubber seals. doesn't fit into a 18mm female or mine doesn't, but almost.

he is def. a great source and the cera doesn't quite fit into an 18, but if given a little more room..?
Pretty sure that is why he mentioned the TV WP adapter, it fits right onto the Cera carts. :)

Mine doesn't get much use but when I use my hydrotube with my Cera it provides a very stable platform.

not sure if you are talking LL or EO. if you can use the TV WPA with the LL, then your set.
if not you might have to go the other route, might need a ceramic screen to keep herb down...?
need better people than me at this point.
hope i helped somewhat

Bob Loblaw,

toros23

not sure if you are talking LL or EO. if you can use the TV WPA with the LL, then your set.if not you might have to go the other route, might need a ceramic screen to keep herb down...?need better people than me at this point.hope i helped somewhat

You are always a good help, Bob!

Good point.. I only use EO cart but I had an LL cart at one time and from what I remember the WPA fit fine. Functionality wise, I do wonder if it would let too much heat escape and reduce effectiveness of LL cart.

Herbalist23

Hey FC'ers,

yesterday I took some pics of my currently used mod (switch cap and LL cart/mouthpiece), which I found works best for me for now! (all just my opinion/experience!!!)

Here is the switch cap (bottle rubber cap for cider)
wmgu.jpg

off
b7du.jpg
on
Inside details
72p7.jpg
bxtx.jpg

I usually let the cap on the switch all the time, just press it in on position with the palm of my hand
and pull it in off position with my thumb/trigger finger, really easy!
The holes avoid underpressure and make it easy to pull it off!

Here are the original caps
dhiy.jpg
gyj0.jpg
o972.jpg
1ojr.jpg

I cut off the tiny edge to make it more even to the grip.
I used this paper towel holder to make the cutting edge nice and clean.
doo0.jpg
gr21.jpg

Just pressed the knife to cut and rolled the holder, works perfect (maybe someone want to shorten the thermal cap or make the same switch cap);)
e29z.jpg
z3iu.jpg

Herbalist23

Here is my mouthpiece mod (thanks iamn3ko for inspiration)
I took a 12mm silicone ear tunnel, put on 2 original TV O rings, pressed it in the cap from the inside and put on the 3rd O ring from the outside to seal it.
rjvo.JPG

1---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
wh11.jpg

2---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
4er.jpg

3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
mkys.jpg

4---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
af1p.jpg

Voila!!!
hyqg.jpg

Now I can use different drip tips and change them in a few seconds!
qt4d.jpg
csxk.jpg
wh0t.jpg
esfc.jpg
15br.jpg

Finally here is my LL cart mod
yigf.jpg
wcqw.jpg
fnvl.JPG
bhar.jpg
3bsh.jpg
c84i.jpg

I found I get better (more evenly vaped ABV/ no too dark parts), faster vapor production (about 40s preheat, one medium 10-15s draw, second medium draw - vapor) and much more efficient results
(the load you see is used with about 10-12 draws with vapor production!!!)
BTW the blue O ring is from the easy valve system from my Volcano, but you can use the original ones as well!
8ieh.jpg

Today I got another 2 draws and its still in use:rockon:
Happy vaping:lol:

Herbalist23

Edit: Sorry for back to back posting, but there where too many images in one post.
I also made them much smaller,but they get bigger when post it,not sure what was wrong????

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Yes Herbalist23 - nice mods. Love the tip idea and using my Extreme - Q screen on it. That may solve my flavor issue with the LL cart. Well done

Tom Funk

Hey Herbalist23,

What is the flat screen you are putting on top of the EQ dome screen? It looks like it has a rim in the photo, or is that just the rim of the EQ dome screen?

PhotoRider,
What is your flavour issue with the LL?

Cheers
TR

Herbalist23

Yes Herbalist23 - nice mods. Love the tip idea and using my Extreme - Q screen on it. That may solve my flavor issue with the LL cart. Well done

Thanks.

Hey Herbalist23,

What is the flat screen you are putting on top of the EQ dome screen? It looks like it has a rim in the photo, or is that just the rim of the EQ dome screen?

PhotoRider,
What is your flavour issue with the LL?

Cheers
TR

The flat screen is just a flat screen(:ko: ???), IIRC I cut it to get the correct size, but I'm sure you can use any kind of flat screens in the right diameter (so no rim).
Yes you are right, its just a normal EQ dome screen with rim, had to squeeze/stretch it a bit to fit in the cera LL cart to not demage it.
If you put it in a few times it fits just perfect without any struggle:tup:

Vape on:rockon:

Herbalist23

bill

Hey Guys, So I had to send in my EO core for the third time! First time it turned out to be a bad switch, second time was a bad wire in the core, this time when I got it back from repair it was impossible to draw from. Love my Cera but out of 2 month of ownership I have had it in repair for 3 weeks in total and counting. At first I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones to not have any problems but that was a distant memory. Just wanted to let everyone know that getting a Cera is a small gamble and could turn out to be a problem especially if you special lady friend gets wind of all the problems. I going to cross my fingers and hope this is going to be the magic fix this time. I love the thermovape guys they really try to fix there fuck ups but anymore than three repairs and I will be livid. Just a heads up the Cera kick ass WHEN it works but I am looking a 2/3 working time and 1/3 down time not so good. PEACE BE THE JOURNEY

Tweek

I've done the same with the hat basket, and didn't find much of a difference. I also found the top screen a pain to pull off after each session. I didn't use the volcano o-ring either...not sure if that makes a difference.

Out of the box, I am still getting light to light-medium hits, with good flavour. Personally, I've just accepted the LL cart is better for a lighter user.

As to the mini, no ceramic please. That shits heavy.

Edit: And please find a way to keep the mouthpiece cool without having to add a silicone cap.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I just want to speak up in this thread as I've been silent here for a while ... just got myself a Dart, and I gotta' say, either my Cera EO isn't working "quite" right, or the Dart is just a better fit for me with being able to load less at a time and get it immediately productive. I'm not abandoning my Cera ... it's still unique in my collection and am holding on to all pieces, but my Dart is what is accompanying me on vacation with my MiniVAP for herbs and when discretion is not required ... thing is that for me the only time I use concentrates (damn expensive in Canada) is for the convenience, so I don't go through a lot and the Revolution series seems to be a better fit for me as generally when I'm consuming concentrates discretion is in order. (unless I'm dabbing with my Sublimator!)

Just my current thoughts ... I've sent one of my EO cores in for servicing ... maybe when it comes back it will get me speaking a new tune ... but so far I prefer my Dart for concentrates to my Cera for my purposes ...

JCat

Accessory Maker
Don't get me wrong ... the EO core can put off some serious vapour (the "u" is intentional by the way ... didn't correct this time ... us Canadians can't fucking spell ya' know :)) ...

I'm just not sure it's the right beast for me or it hasn't been working properly (as well, I really need a more discrete option than the Cera for concentrates most of the time as my primary use for concentrates is out-and-about discretion). The EO can produce some pretty decent vapour, but I have to put quite a bit of concentrate in it to do so ... and it seems difficult to melt down, and it seems to take quite a bit ... and it leaks on me sometimes ... the Dart so far though melts the concentrates down easily (10-20 secs and I've successfully saturated the ceramic)

So what's the verdict ... both my EO cores are not working quite right? ... I don't think so ... I've tried a homemade copper handle as well to eliminate any switch/body/strap issues and results are same. I just think the Cera cores take a little longer to get to vaping temp and need to have more concentrate loaded (as designed) to work to full potential ... the quick load/use of the revolution is a better fit than the longer heat times of the Cera core .... or maybe my cores aren't working quite right and all that's missing for me is the Cera mini or a decent 510 adapter and source :)

Like I said ... haven't abandoned any of my Cera products as they have fit a need at various times and I'm hopeful for future use.

hanon

sad to hear that. i ordered my ceo (not shipped yet) for out-and-about discrete use.. maybe we need some stealth mods?

hanon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Don't take my word as bible ... just my 2c ... the 6" white shaft is not overly discrete when you're sucking on it .... (wow that sounds bad :lol:)

The Cera is a great device, and I used it for travelling with my EO cart and it worked pretty well ... but people look at you when you're using it (or maybe it's my paranoia) I also used it when I went to Jamaica with my LL Cart as I could sterilize before going and before coming back (I can't think of another vaporizer I would have been comfortable doing this with)

TheRobbo

I wanna throw my 2c in about the LLC I absolutely love it admittedly I did have to send it in for a new strap, but seeing as I recieved one of the first 5 or 10 ever sent out I accepted the possibility of teething pains,But I couldn't be happier with it. I can get it to put out a decent amount of vapour, it did take me a little practice but now it is lethal, throwing out fair clouds, pretty much on demand and has destroyed several of my friends a few times. But the best thing by far that I absolutely love about her is the ability toget exactly what I want out of a session.
I can load up and go for gold on a Friday night and set my self up for the night, or that same bowl could last me the best part of a day, if my back is playing up. Turn her on let her warm up a couple of starter pulls for 10 or 15 sexonds and 2 or 3 good long puffs and I'm nicely mediated but still more than able to function for the day. Then repeat hours later I can get 2 or 3 of these mini sesh's from a bowl and can make it through a bad day with 3 or 5 sesh's.

Sorry to go on but I wanted to get my love story out ther for all to see.

R

P.s. Oh yeah I promised a video of the LLC in action a while ago, I have been working on one but I keep getting way too stoned in the pursuit of science and it keeps not turning out the way I want. I am gonna have another go on my day off, wish me luck.

GR

Hey Guys, So I had to send in my EO core for the third time! First time it turned out to be a bad switch, second time was a bad wire in the core, this time when I got it back from repair it was impossible to draw from. Love my Cera but out of 2 month of ownership I have had it in repair for 3 weeks in total and counting. At first I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones to not have any problems but that was a distant memory. Just wanted to let everyone know that getting a Cera is a small gamble and could turn out to be a problem especially if you special lady friend gets wind of all the problems. I going to cross my fingers and hope this is going to be the magic fix this time. I love the thermovape guys they really try to fix there fuck ups but anymore than three repairs and I will be livid. Just a heads up the Cera kick ass WHEN it works but I am looking a 2/3 working time and 1/3 down time not so good. PEACE BE THE JOURNEY

Not sure how TET does it but if you buy a second unit and a third EO core nothing goes wrong anymore!? Lol

My original cart has very restricted airflow and always has, my other two EO carts have excellent air flow comparable to taking a hit on a well rolled joint. I am in no rush to send the restricted cart in yet, I am thinking I will send this in when I decide if I want a to rebuild it to be less hot for newbs to use, I have hurt too many with the EO carts in their current configuration. I am only guessing but either my first cart has a blockage that 10 days of Ethanol soaking cannot clear or the positioning of the lower half needs adjustment to open up the airflow.

I am with Tweek on the LL cart for flower use. I can suck on a DB wand for hours of big hits so the little LL cart is just a waste of batteries to me, however pressed hash and bubble hash are pretty amazing in it.

hanon

but people look at you when you're using it (or maybe it's my paranoia)
dd

I wonder if there are any good ways to stealth this thing up, maybe a black sleeve? maybe some kind of candy container that can be cleaned out and turned into a sleeve?

From a review on the Cera: "However, we definitely can’t take it out in public without catching some strange glances. Especially when it’s swinging around in your pocket as you walk down the street; it’s awkward."
http://www.medicaljane.com/review/the-thermovape-cera-by-thermo-essence-technologies/

Top Bottom