Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

Hey OF - Are these the same ones I mentioned a while back that TET uses as a cap for the clear tubes they send out the Cera body in? If so, many people already have them and may not realize it.

Actually no. Check out the link, you'll see the difference I think? Basically I'm using a smaller version of what MF uses for battery protectors and PV sells as end caps for Solo stems (both half inch I think?). 9753K16 for most cases:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/3747/=n8hzch

I also got some of the next size up, also very handy.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName
With the Cera EO only shipping with the delrin mouth piece now, is it a good idea to add a dart loader or the smooth flow conditioner if the ceramic MP is not viable? I know the dart listing already says "not for use with Cera" but doesn't it fit directly into a 510 if I'm not mistaken? If a dart loader can be used with the Cera and the stock mouth piece, it may be more reasonable for new Cera owners. Totally miss using the dart as a loader as well.

Thanks

Tom Funk

That is very disappointing,
I only have the EO and that ufo keeps any extra concentrate in the chamber when overfilled or using upside down on a GonG
i would guess that the capacity is diminished as well. Bummer for TeT, seems like lately things havnt been going as good as they had hoped. Glad I got my cera when I did, id Be pretty pissed off if I had waited and received one with a plastic mouthpiece. So what are all of the orings on the cart for now? Kind of a useless eyesore. I think TeT should reconsider that choice...this vape is the most expensive portable on the market, and they want to nickle and dime you over a mouthpiece??? Wtf?

I don't think TET is screwing anybody here. They are just following the pricing strategy they have been using for the Cera all along - that is -simple. A SS Cera will cost you 250 bucks - the Ti model will cost you exactly twice that. The cart pricing follows in the same fashion. The improbability of the cost of materials and labour on each item working out so neatly let's us know that the profit margin on some items is far greater on some items than others.

As OF has explained, an insuficient profit margin on the EO carts has been propped up by LL sales, but the situation has developed where it is not being propped up enough. Perhaps this is because of the popularity of the EO. The pricing structure was set long before OF even got his beta test unit. We cannot blame TET cor not having omnicient forsignt. No one is on here jumping up and down about the fact that the Ti model costs more than it might.

There is no real difference here. The only difference is the way human perception works, and perhaps it might have been prudent for TET to let us know in advance. There again, the photos on the website have been changed to the configuration people are receiving.

TF

OF

I know the dart listing already says "not for use with Cera" but doesn't it fit directly into a 510 if I'm not mistaken? If a dart loader can be used with the Cera and the stock mouth piece, it may be more reasonable for new Cera owners. Totally miss using the dart as a loader as well.

It definitely won't work as shipped, the dabber point would be clear through the ceramic plate, right up to the UFO holes above it. I tried cutting one off (trashing the plating, of course) but by the time I cleared the ceramic plate half the UFO holes were gone and there was a big hole in the center. There was no advantage (and some disadvantages) to what was left over the drip tip solution.

There was at one point a different DART loader, designed for retrofitting on Revolutions (still using the normal top sealing the window). That unit has a shorter nose and the UFO set higher so it could fit in the well the MP normally fits in with Revolution. They are long out of stock, I happened to have one, it works fairly well but needs an o-ring to space it up a bit still to clear the UFO (after the nose it ground off exposing the brass under the plating). They can be identified by the extra (narrow) ring. The DART loader normally has a wide groove (too wide for a normal o-ring) just above the connection to give you something to grab onto to remove it. Some of us put oversize rings there to help. The special loader has a shallow, narrow ring just above that,between the normal ring and the top.

My favorite MP is the slightly longer restricted one from Revolution although the short ones are more compact.

OF

My favorite MP is the slightly longer restricted one from Revolution although the short ones are more compact.

OF

Thanks for the clarification. I would really love to see TV include something that filters the oil from getting into your mouth at that price even if it does not perform as well as the UFO.(Maybe the smooth-flow conditioner?) At this price, it is hard to recommend to friends.

toros23

Actually no. Check out the link, you'll see the difference I think?

Hey OF - Check out the pic below, this is the tube and cap I received with my 2nd Cera body:

I think this is exactly what you are describing and linking to. It is basically a bigger version of the ones MF provides for battery caps.

toros23,
Reactions: OF

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Thanks for the clarification. I would really love to see TV include something that filters the oil from getting into your mouth at that price even if it does not perform as well as the UFO.(Maybe the smooth-flow conditioner?) At this price, it is hard to recommend to friends.

I have the same issue, I absolutely love my cera EO, every person I've shown it too fell in love also.
But once they hear the price they are turned off. Now that they are cheaping out I would feel ashamed to recommend this product, with all of the strap and switch failures having to be sent back, and now a $500 portable looks like an ecig mod.
If the cost of the core is the probLem, why not raise the cost of the core? I'm sure there are plenty of people that order just the cores, TET is still "losing money" on the labor on these. Why punish people that pay for the whole schbang by eliminating a great mouthpiece? Where it's the logic?

Soflo,

OF

Smooth flow won't do it, it's not a filter but a moisturizer. Pure Flow is a filter, but it plugged up fast when I tried it. It was easy enough to clean again, but once coated with oil it didn't want to draw well at all.

My favorite MP is the slightly longer, restricted one for Revolution. It seems to do a much better job of keeping the oil from 'spitting' up the pipe. That part (the spitting) seems to vary a lot with concentrate strains. Some are no problem, others a PITA.

Hey OF - Check out the pic below, this is the tube and cap I received with my 2nd Cera body:

I think this is exactly what you are describing and linking to. It is basically a bigger version of the ones MF provides for battery caps.

I haven't seen that package, but if it holds the Cera it's probably one inch? Yes, it's the sort of cap I was pointing to, but much too big to use to seal up the drip tip MPs. 5/16 is a the right size there I think. If the goal is to cover the ceramic cap and MP to keep dirt out those should work fine. I tried using one for NoName's button pusher (latching switch simulation) but found that it was soft enough so that the cap would back off sometimes killing the power. I went to the high temperature one which is stiffer, and had no more trouble. In fact I cut the cap down some. I also played with rings cut from these caps (starting with the part I cut off before on the Cera body, which makes it easier to hang onto. Someday I'm going to go back and play some more with this.

BTW, here's the version of NoName's gadget. It uses a brass washer and the top of one of the smaller vinyl caps that I filled with hot melt glue through the hole in the washer. It works great for when I'm in the mood or just get tired of pushing the button:

OF

Tom Funk

OF,

I know the smooth-flow is not a filter, but is it long enough to stop oil getting into your mouth?

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Ok. So i just bought a cera LL stainless, which i plan on getting the EO cart as well. From what i see and have read previously there are some issue with the Cera. Could someone explain what things are having trouble/need revisions etc. I had read that holding the bottom of the unit to vape was difficult and people made "home-made button pressers" or something like that. Just looking for some info please.

Porquiplane,

OF

OF,

I know the smooth-flow is not a filter, but is it long enough to stop oil getting into your mouth?

Only minorly if at all. It's pretty open, I think the restricted version worked better, with that one I noticed a difference, unlike with the Smooth Flow (which was good at adding moisture).

I had read that holding the bottom of the unit to vape was difficult and people made "home-made button pressers" or something like that. Just looking for some info please.

Look two posts up from yours?

OF

scottfree

Can anyone tell me if something is wrong with my Cero EO? I've got oil inside the core and I can tell because the top ceramic plate is wet looking. I've got a stock 2900 3.7 Fully charged battery and it's definitely making contact. The problem is I have to hold the button for atleast 15 seconds before I see vapor. When vapor is produced, it's very thin and wispy. The core gets very hot but the switch doesn't seem to be getting hot like others have said. I recently wiped down all battery contact areas and the spring is extended enough to make a full contact. I don't know what's wrong. I'm scared to add more oil because it definitely looks like its filled and it's only been a couple days..

Im have the same problem wispy airy hits and I have to hold my button for like a miniute to produce any vapor and when it does its horrible. Plus I have to get it so hot it burns all my oil just to get one hit and zeki it handicapped because he keeps sending back a half working core saying it in SPEC so it must work, Ive sent my cera EO in about 4 times in the last 2 months and have yet to get it fixed. I even told him I will pay to have it rebuilt even tho I shouldn't have to as it has only worked properly for the first 2 weeks I received it back in february. I think Im going to have to drive down there this week to bitch hiim out in person. Im going to post my emails on this site and you guys tell me if Im being clear enough.

scottfree,

YeeeBuddy

Im have the same problem wispy airy hits and I have to hold my button for like a miniute to produce any vapor and when it does its horrible. Plus I have to get it so hot it burns all my oil just to get one hit and zeki it handicapped because he keeps sending back a half working core saying it in SPEC so it must work, Ive sent my cera EO in about 4 times in the last 2 months and have yet to get it fixed. I even told him I will pay to have it rebuilt even tho I shouldn't have to as it has only worked properly for the first 2 weeks I received it back in february. I think Im going to have to drive down there this week to bitch hiim out in person. Im going to post my emails on this site and you guys tell me if Im being clear enough.

Did you send in your body as well? I bet your problem isn't the core but the strap. I was having similar problems with my EO and it started working 100% better after getting the body rebuilt(I never sent the EO core for repair, only body/LL cart).

YeeeBuddy,

scottfree

Did you send in your body as well? I bet your problem isn't the core but the strap. I was having similar problems with my EO and it started working 100% better after getting the body rebuilt(I never sent the EO core for repair, only body/LL cart).

Thanks but yes the strap was replaced but the core performed the same. I cleaned it with iso boil method, and then when I got it back the second time I tried hexane but did not help.

scottfree,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
As an edit to my post above asking what people are having problems with, ill say that the Cera bought was a 2900mah version, so its one of the new ones. Its the LL version. Plan on uses of LL and then getting the EO for puregold use. Again what are the issue people have with the unit itself, the EO, and the LL. I read the vaporpedia with no result and see on here people seem to have alot of EO troubles. and body issues with a "Strap" and trouble with the no vapor production.

Any input anyone?

Porquiplane,

Ansel

Do i have to read the whole thread to know if the Cera is the perfect vaporizer for vaping weed and also for vaping nicotine e-juice?

Ansel,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't think TET is screwing anybody here. They are just following the pricing strategy they have been using for the Cera all along - that is -simple. A SS Cera will cost you 250 bucks - the Ti model will cost you exactly twice that. The cart pricing follows in the same fashion. The improbability of the cost of materials and labour on each item working out so neatly let's us know that the profit margin on some items is far greater on some items than others.

As OF has explained, an insuficient profit margin on the EO carts has been propped up by LL sales, but the situation has developed where it is not being propped up enough. Perhaps this is because of the popularity of the EO. The pricing structure was set long before OF even got his beta test unit. We cannot blame TET cor not having omnicient forsignt. No one is on here jumping up and down about the fact that the Ti model costs more than it might.

There is no real difference here. The only difference is the way human perception works, and perhaps it might have been prudent for TET to let us know in advance. There again, the photos on the website have been changed to the configuration people are receiving.

TF
I dont agree with your take at all. If the LL cartridge is $99 by itself and the EO cartridge is also $99 by itself, how is it fair that you get the cera cover and mouthpiece when you buy the LL kit but you get the old revolution mouthpieces with the EO?

And when you go to accesories the cera mouthpiece is $49.95 but you need the ceramic top cap which isnt for sale and doesnt come with the EO anymore?

This is just more incentive for me to hold out for an adapter for my old thermovape products since the EO/EL kits dont look so good to me anymore. It looks like an unfinished product now. If i saw someone using the EO the way it is now id think to myself "that sucks they must have broken or lost the the cera mouthpiece."

Mynameismud,
Reactions: GR

Tweek

Cera LL stopped working so I sent it in early May for a repair. Was sent back to me with an incorrect address a second time and was rerouted...by the time it gets back to me, it will be approaching two months. Ridiculous.

I contacted TET, and not much they can do until it shows up on their front step again. All I know, is as soon as it comes back I am ditching it.

Sorry CERA, love you when I actually have you in my hands, but I don't have the time for this.

Tweek,
Reactions: GR

darkrom

Great Scott!
Cera LL stopped working so I sent it in early May for a repair. Was sent back to me with an incorrect address a second time and was rerouted...by the time it gets back to me, it will be approaching two months. Ridiculous.

I contacted TET, and not much they can do until it shows up on their front step again. All I know, is as soon as it comes back I am ditching it.

Sorry CERA, love you when I actually have you in my hands, but I don't have the time for this.

Bummer that this happened. Sorry to hear it.

GR

Sorry to hear your problems!

I myself have been getting multiple responses to emails I have sent to Zeki that give me different answers to the same question. It took me 7 days to get a RMA# so I could send in my Cera for repair.

When I ordered a second Cera and an extra oil cart my order went through as ordering a e-liquid cart, easy enough to resolve and the mistake might have been mine.

Then I ordered some mouth pieces, I then starting getting email confirmations for the tips I ordered and for the previous Cera and extra cart that had already been delivered. Time will tell if a 3rd Cera will be showing up.

These are all really dumb problems but have taken plenty of my time to fix which I do not expect to have to do when buying a high end item.

My personal take on the UFO setup. I like it, 4 air paths taking 2 90degree turns does a lot to cool the vapor and to keep oil from spotting lips and teeth. I use the the UFO with an Omni silicon tip on the nipple and this is my favorite setup. I have been using the Delrin tip and order the moisture conditioner to give a try as advised by Zeki but OF's experience says this might not be the answer either. One of the responses I got about the UFO and oil cart said people where getting them glued to the EO core with oil, this seems like a short sited solution, just wait to someone gets a Delrin tip glued in the core , that will be fun to get out. I have also softened the bottom of an Omni Black Delrin tip doing a high heat low oil in cart glass hit. It seems to me they removed medical grade parts to fix a problem to only find out they will need to find a new solution.

I dont agree with your take at all. If the LL cartridge is $99 by itself and the EO cartridge is also $99 by itself, how is it fair that you get the cera cover and mouthpiece when you buy the LL kit but you get the old revolution mouthpieces with the EO?

And when you go to accesories the cera mouthpiece is $49.95 but you need the ceramic top cap which isnt for sale and doesnt come with the EO anymore?

I have purchased the ceramic cap by itself before because mine cracked and paid $40. So with the mouth piece + cap it would be a hefty price of $90 unless TV sells it as a bundle cheaper. I'm guessing TV is trying to get more people to buy the LL set to compensate for the EO carts if it's only an additional $10.

I agree with you Tweek, and remembered you as being one of the first people to receive the Cera if I'm not mistaken. It works fantastic when it works but also have numerous reliability issues they need to be sorted out. Hell, I had more usage with my Revolution and I never once had a problem with it... While the Cera has been sent for repair 3 times out of the couple months I have owned it. That is nearly one week a month and although Zeki is awesome at customer service, I was marketed a product that would last a lifetime.

Considering how almost nearly everyone who owned the Cera has shipped it in for repair numerous times, I'd be happy to see more permanent solutions for all these faulty units. (Let's not forget TV pays shipping twice for every package RMA'd. I'm sure this is a huge sum of money considering the number of broken Cera's getting sent in.

Without the UFO mouth piece included in the price range and all these reliability issues, I would much rather have a TV Revolution because it has never died on me or given me any problems once. Thermovape was the first vape company I would fully support, but the Cera has caused too many problems for me to recommend to anyone.

Just my 2 cents. I'd love to support TV as much as I can... but things seem to be going down hill..

Highnstein,
Reactions: Sonics420

Tweek

Customer service has always been good and responsive...I just feel that when customers are paying premium prices for a device, TET should have a better system in place to ensure that their customers are not going almost 2 months without their Cera (I know I am prob in the minority on the 2 month thing). I am fortunate that I have backup vapes, but if I was like alot of other folks, and this was my only unit, I would be forced to purchase a second vape or go back to smoking. Not cool in my book.

I can forgive that I am in Canada, and whatnot, but if I had not contacted TET asking where my unit was, I doubt I would have heard anything until it popped up in the mail one day. Not to mention that after confirming my address after the first mailing issue, they went ahead and sent it out with the wrong address a second time. What a waste of time and money.

Love the folks at TET and this is the last I will say of it, as I do not want to clutter the thread...but hopefully these hiccups can be rectified.

OF

My oh, my, lots of negativity this morning.....

I've given my take on the change on the cap and MP on the EO core, you're welcome to take it or leave it, but I don't think 'nobody uses it with a drip tip' or 'that's stupid' are accurate. If you look back at the photos of he adapters and other Cera stuff I've posted they all show the core with a drip tip. Not a single ceramic assembly since, after a test of two, that's how I chose to use it. Still do.

Folks are welcome to think that's part of some many months long secret agenda I've cooked up with TV to cover the "TV is trying to get more people to buy the LL set to compensate for the EO carts" or any other underhanded thing.

In response to a lot of 'I'm going to wait until TV offers another 25% sale to get my Cera' posts TV told us that they would not be discounting (or increasing) prices on the unit. A new policy to go with the new product and the new (more traditional) business model. I think folks forget that part? They are trying to stay true to that I believe, but again, I don't speak for them...it's just my honest opinion. You get yours too.

I also don't agree with "almost nearly everyone who owned the Cera has shipped it in for repair numerous times". Not only has mine never given any of those issues (despite my borderline abusive testing and loaning it out several times to guys who had all sorts of adventures with it (including 3 boil over/cook outs by two different testers)) but also because that means at any point in time when I visit them they'd be shipping out more repairs than new units, right? For sure I've never seen that. I see a few repairs and production runs of dozens. Again, just my opinion....based on observation and my experiences.

There is no way around it that Cera (especially in EO form) is in a class by itself performance wise. It's a radical departure in many ways from what came before, exploring the potential of the ceramic material in different roles. I think it'll lead, quite naturally, to more useful changes to come. IMO long term it's a bad choice for the body (too heavy, breakable, doesn't conduct heat or electricity well) and perhaps not the best material for insulation in the cap but it's a clear winner in the LL bowl and the EO core proves 'in spades' the value of the inner structure at making vapor. If you want that performance 'the fleas come with the dog'.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName
Top Bottom