Discontinued Thermovape Cera

jpdnkstr

Is there a promise for a Cera mini yet? I don't know if I can wait, but would LOVE a mini CEO!

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: Ipad

leetmode

Is there a promise for a Cera mini yet? I don't know if I can wait, but would LOVE a mini CEO!

With all the work thats going on with the original ones, I doubt they are even thinking about the mini atm, although I think they said there might be one in the future. One thing at a time.

I don't see why the titanium one is $250 more when the titanium cartridge is only $100 more? I think I will buy a LL CERA and then a Titanium oil cartridge so that way for $450 I get a titanium CERA and a ceramic LL cart. I assume the extra money goes to making the handle and base titanium but what is the advantage to that? (other than its slightly lighter doesnt set off metal detectors?) seems unnecessary. . .

Any comments on that, ThermoVape?

It's been discussed several times before if you take the time to look back through the thread and the other older thread. Ti is not cheap, not easy to mine and not as easy to work with to make parts compared to other metals. Other than being lighter and being able to withstand the elements better than SS, as well as the ability to blow torch the Ti parts to clean them with more peace in mind, there is no real advantage. It does the same thing the same way from what I understand. IMO people who went for the Ti did so just because they wanted it, like myself. Just buy the SS version and save yourself some cash if you can't justify it.

OF

A few pages back TET mentioned a cera v.2!

Careful here. Let's put it in context:

"Every day I'm working on sourcing new switches and trying to get samples here to see what will fit our application. I may have found a line that will work to give a latching option, but i am still waiting for it to get here to try out. Also still thinking about illuminated, but this is a tricky one... might have to wait till the second rendition of Cera (C2?) in the future."

I take that to read 'that feature might have to wait for some future version of Cera, since the current one does not support the option with available switches'. It doesn't say 'we're working on an updated version of Cera, called the V2'. In fact, we're told just the opposite? Noah broached the idea of a mini Cera (which I too think will happen in the next 6 months or so....maybe) but he also laid out a several year long timeline for price increases on the Cera we are coming to know. To me that says their long range plans call for using that tooling for those parts for years to come......no big upgrades?

OF

AirDru

Careful here. Let's put it in context:

"Every day I'm working on sourcing new switches and trying to get samples here to see what will fit our application. I may have found a line that will work to give a latching option, but i am still waiting for it to get here to try out. Also still thinking about illuminated, but this is a tricky one... might have to wait till the second rendition of Cera (C2?) in the future."

I take that to read 'that feature might have to wait for some future version of Cera, since the current one does not support the option with available switches'. It doesn't say 'we're working on an updated version of Cera, called the V2'. In fact, we're told just the opposite? Noah broached the idea of a mini Cera (which I too think will happen in the next 6 months or so....maybe) but he also laid out a several year long timeline for price increases on the Cera we are coming to know. To me that says their long range plans call for using that tooling for those parts for years to come......no big upgrades?

OF

i agree with your take. IMO C2 suggests that it will be an entirely new cera product. it will replace the current cera. It doesnt sound like tim was talking about a version 2 or hardware build 2 of the current cera.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
i agree with your take. IMO C2 suggests that it will be an entirely new cera product. it will replace the current cera. It doesnt sound like tim was talking about a version 2 or hardware build 2 of the current cera.
V2 is exactly that, cera v1 with some bug fixes , i never said its a whole new cera , just an.updated version ! Mini sounds cool

BLAZING OG,

AirDru

V2 is exactly that, cera v1 with some bug fixes , i never said its a whole new cera , just an.updated version ! Mini sounds cool

Do you realize that this would piss off preorder customers tremendously? if they release a version 2 with bugs fixed anytime soon the backlash would be huge.

edit: if you look at my post you will see that i was responding to OF's post

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Do you realize that this would piss off preorder customers tremendously? if they release a version 2 with bugs fixed anytime soon the backlash would be huge.

I totally agree, I meant to reply to of,oops , didn't want people thinking there was another cera

I think that's what of meant also , trying to make sure people.understood there's only one cera not including the mini that's scheduled!

BLAZING OG,

Indeed, it would piss of many people, but it still seems like a good idea. Cera v2 should include a latching switch for starters...

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Indeed, it would piss of many people, but it still seems like a good idea. Cera v2 should include a latching switch for starters...
That's my thought exactly , v2 can be the cera with all original parts planed, latching switch secondary switch and 3100 or 3200 mah batteries !

Tweek

V1 already has a latching switch. They are just having issues with sourcing, and it has become optional. I can't see why it would become standard down the road, when they've already mentioned possible yearly price increases due to the cost of materials rising.

sfld

Hopefully there will be a DIY soon so i can buy a new EO head and put it on my ULTRA body

sfld,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hi All!
Someone early in the first thread mentioned using a Sonic Care Toothbrush Travel Case for a Cera kit. I went ahead and made a few modifications to the original case config, by cutting out a couple of dividers to house different carts in their carry cases.
photo-11.jpg

The empty plastic TET case shows where my Glycerol cart will live when it arrives. :) I am also carrying the original T1 glass adapter, a small cleaning brush, some extra "o" rings, and a little loading tool (not shown) I carry my 2 extra batteries in an UltraFire battery case.

I have not really road tested this yet, but it stays closed pretty well, I might add a rubber band around the mid section when I am carrying it around in my backpack etc. Let me know what you think!!

AirDru

I can't see why it would become standard down the road, when they've already mentioned possible yearly price increases due to the cost of materials rising.

I believe that the latching switch should come standard with the cera because thats how it was marketed to begin with. i think its unfair that future customers will have to upgrade from the momentary switch.

to my knowledge, we never heard anything about the momentary switch until it was revealed that the latching switch wouldn't be possible for some time.

i can understand why TET made this decision. they want to start selling units. they most likely have monthly loan payments on the new equipment, stopping taking orders could be really bad news for them. its not practical for them to send latching switches down the road in addition to the momentary switches that comes with the unit. it would probably consume any profits that are made on the cera.

what i would like to see is TET start to include the latching switch as standard once the latching switches are in bountiful supply. then offer the momentary switch as an add-on. i mean they arent switching to momentary because it works better. it was their plan B. not sure why they would want to sell a product that is not the best it can be once all the parts are in.

and just to avoid confusion i realize that the momentary switch may have some value. this being said, customer reviews seem to indicate that they would prefer a latching switch.

PB88123

Vaporist
What I believe is happening with the latching switch.

Everyone who preordered before December 25 (not sure on the exact date but I think that is close) will receive a latching switch.
Edit: I believe as long as you ordered during the preorder (right now it says "buy now") you will receive a latching switch.

Those who ordered afterwards will only receive a momentary switch. As that is when TET stopped mentioning the latching switch and decided to go with the momentary. I am not aware of any program to send in the momentary switch to receive the latching.

Once the latching switch comes out it will be offered on the web site so people can pick between the two (or pick one and buy the other). (This is what I think will happen based on what I've read)

Tweek

The latching switch was shown for pre-orders, so if you pre-ordered you get one. Moving past pre-orders, they decided to make the latching switch an upgrade, so anyone ordering outside of the pre-order window is aware before they hit buy. Don't see the issue here.

Tweek,

leetmode

What I believe is happening with the latching switch.

Everyone who preordered before December 25 (not sure on the exact date but I think that is close) will receive a latching switch.

Those who ordered afterwards will only receive a momentary switch. As that is when TET stopped mentioning the latching switch and decided to go with the momentary. I am not aware of any program to send in the momentary switch to receive the latching.

Once the latching switch comes out it will be offered on the web site so people can pick between the two (or pick one and buy the other). (This is what I think will happen based on what I've read)

from tim

I wanted to address this before it gets out of control.
The latching switch is only going to be sent to the people who initially pre-ordered the "Latching" version. All orders placed past then will ONLY receive the momentary switching.
When a latching switch becomes readily available we will offer so that you can upgrade your momentary switch.
Again, the free latching switch is ONLY going to be sent to those that pre-ordered it. All orders placed after the pre-order will ONLY get the momentary switch that's included.

The springs are made from a very thick material to be able to support the amperage of the device. The tip of the spring is stiff and can become bent if dropped or used with a much longer battery. You can easily adjust the spring by hand to make sure its strait and adjust it for use with longer or shorter batteries.

If your unsure if the spring is set for the length battery you are using i like to do a quick length. With the battery in the Cera body and held upside down, take the switch and place it on top like your about to thread it in. The spring tip should just barley touch the top of the battery as the threads rest on the bottom collar. This will distance will make sure your spring is making full contact with your battery.

For everyone receiving your Cera's that may not have had the printed instructions here is a link to the PDF. This should help a lot when you first get it.

Cheers,
Tim

leetmode,

odbsmydog

The latching switch was shown for pre-orders, so if you pre-ordered you get one. Moving past pre-orders, they decided to make the latching switch an upgrade, so anyone ordering outside of the pre-order window is aware before they hit buy. Don't see the issue here.
I agree with you, but I can understand both sides of it. the issue is the video on their site still shows the dude using a CERA with a latching switch and now people have to pay extra? that's kinda weak, I understand they needed to start production but in the future when they have enough of all the parts it seems like you should be able to get one or the other without have to pay a higher price. I agree with you that i's pretty clear cut and dry but I still understand why some people would consider it an issue.

odbsmydog,

Tweek

I'm really pissed off at the guy upstairs for making me fat, hairy and bald. I would have preferred at the very least a head of healthy hair such as this:

Eqdxazj.jpg

rather than a hairy back. But them's the breaks.

There's a point in there somewhere. I know there is. :myday:

Edit: I think I figured out what i was trying to say:

odbsmydog

It's been discussed several times before if you take the time to look back through the thread and the other older thread. Ti is not cheap, not easy to mine and not as easy to work with to make parts compared to other metals. Other than being lighter and being able to withstand the elements better than SS, as well as the ability to blow torch the Ti parts to clean them with more peace in mind, there is no real advantage. It does the same thing the same way from what I understand. IMO people who went for the Ti did so just because they wanted it, like myself. Just buy the SS version and save yourself somecash if you can't justify it..

But what would you need to blowtorch clean besides the cartridge? why would you need to torch the base and the switch? I totally want the Ti cartridge for my EO, I don't want to be vaping off of steel. I see why people like Ti more I just still can't figure out why you would pay $150 more than you need to. I guess I just don't even understand why it's an option, but I also don't understand why people pay money to wear diamonds and platinum, I guess I just don't have a taste for the fancy.

However I am VERY stoked that you can get the Ti cartridge to use with the normal CERA!

*EDIT* haha, trailer park boys are Awesome!

odbsmydog,

PB88123

Vaporist
But what would you need to blowtorch clean besides the cartridge? why would you need to torch the base and the switch? I totally want the Ti cartridge for my EO, I don't want to be vaping off of steel. I see why people like Ti more I just still can't figure out why you would pay $150 more than you need to. I guess I just don't even understand why it's an option, but I also don't understand why people pay money to wear diamonds and platinum, I guess I just don't have a taste for the fancy.

However I am VERY stoked that you can get the Ti cartridge to use with the normal CERA!

*EDIT* haha, trailer park boys are Awesome!

If you will be using your Cera for hiking, camping or other activities where the device may be subject to water exposure and increase wear and tear then you may want to consider titanium.

Both are extremely durable and long lasting materials.

I believe if you think in terms of years and years and years titanium will hold up in the long run better but stainless steel will last long too.

Top Bottom