Discontinued Thermovape Cera

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Luckily we all have a choice to be here or not to be,a lot of people bitchin about the discussions ,maybe another thread might suite your needs!rant over

Enjoy your cera's

Will post pics and vids soon!

7upstar

Agreed. It is what it is, nobody is being dishonest here. If you don't like the deal offered, don't do it....that's how Capitalism is supposed to work. All that Supply and Demand stuff. Informed decisions.

As long as the Rant Lamp is lit, let me also suggest that those who wish to lecture on what switches should or should not happen (for instance) should either exercise a little faith or check out the history of the matter before getting too carried away?

"Teaching granny to suck eggs" comes to mind.......

OF
Couldn't agree more. :clap:

On another note I was sifting through the old thread and saw you were a beta tester OF :spliff:. You really provided some great information but it kind of fell off. Are you still using your beta unit?

Cheers :cheers:

7upstar,
Reactions: OF

OF

On another note I was sifting through the old thread and saw you were a beta tester OF :spliff:. You really provided some great information but it kind of fell off. Are you still using your beta unit?

First off, thanks for the kind words, glad to help when I can.

You betcha I use it. When I can. I just got it back from a loan to another Forum Member (Superbowl you know....). He put some heroic testing in on it. Got some friends involved to 'double team it' keeping all four batteries in circulation he claims. He had a couple of boil overs too. Mostly from overfilling.....seems they kinda lost track along the line.... A couple of times? Once he left the latching switch on with it standing up on the kitchen counter, it managed to pump oil 'everywhere' before the battery gave out he said. Not having ISO handy he resorted to spray kitchen cleaner (like you'd use on a counter or other ceramic stuff.....). He said it worked great! Why wouldn't it?

In the mean time I've been testing the reduced power oil cart Tim wound me the other day. It was kind of a two fold idea, not only lower power (about ten Watts), but also I wanted to get it high enough in resistance so the VV heads for e-cigs and the D9 Iris could lets me explore different powers. So far, I've had limited success in that mode but some interesting tests at lower powers using the IMR 14500 most likely being considered for the 'mini Cera'. This is using the TV Ultra supply. Anyway, low power is not a good idea I'm thinking. It eventually gives good vapor and all, not as heavy as the full power cart does on weak batteries at best, but it takes 30 seconds or so to get there. If you heat for each hit and space them out it really eats up the battery. Great hits, but you only get maybe two dozen hits per battery. Plenty for most guys I'm sure, but not enough for some. I continue to be very impressed with the Cera oil cart and know others will be when they try it.......and I know lots of folks who've made that test that give me that confidence.

I know it's frustrating waiting, but I also know it's well worth it to most guys (or will be). The TV guys have been solving routine issues like they are dealing with today for years now using a truly neat and successful business model, I have every reason to expect that to continue. The company that brought us T1, Evolution, Revolution/DART and all the rest is trying to deliver the improved and combined versions of those products as best they can. I'm betting on them to make it happen.

OF

VapeStL

Luckily we all have a choice to be here or not to be,a lot of people bitchin about the discussions ,maybe another thread might suite your needs!rant over

Enjoy your cera's

Will post pics and vids soon!

There is another thread here!! Check out the Cera: wait & jibberish thread. C'mon guys!!

2clicker

Observer
If you heat for each hit and space them out it really eats up the battery. Great hits, but you only get maybe two dozen hits per battery. Plenty for most guys I'm sure, but not enough for some.

OF, what kind of cell life can we expect using the 17670s that TV used to supply (LV Rev and Evo), with the CEO? have you used your Cera with a 17670 yet?

2clicker,

OF

OF, what kind of cell life can we expect using the 17670s that TV used to supply (LV Rev and Evo), with the CEO? have you used your Cera with a 17670 yet?

Yes, but I really only tried it for fit and function not lifespan. It worked fine IIRC, the extra length was a problem with the original configuration (the slide switch pushes the battery back) but that shouldn't be a problem now. It also rattled if you shook it as I recall.

That AW is a strong performer, proven with T1 and Evolution at higher power levels, I'd expect no issues with Cera but haven't actually run one out there to confirm. I will be doing basically that same thing soon when I tire of running the Cera adapter on my 14500 based TV Ultra and shift it over to the 17670 based one used for Evolution and Revolution/DART.

So (reaching for a handy virtual envelope....): Running full power carts at 16 Watts, that's (16/3.7) 4.3 Amps. So, if we have 1.6 Ah (1600 mAh) and divide it by the 4.3 Amps we get .37 hours, times 60 minutes per hour means 22 minutes or so run time. I'd expect most of that in practice since that's what we saw at the higer power levels of it's predecessors. Call it 20?

OF

nickzzzx

First off, thanks for the kind words, glad to help when I can.

You betcha I use it. When I can. I just got it back from a loan to another Forum Member (Superbowl you know....). He put some heroic testing in on it. Got some friends involved to 'double team it' keeping all four batteries in circulation he claims. He had a couple of boil overs too. Mostly from overfilling.....seems they kinda lost track along the line.... A couple of times? Once he left the latching switch on with it standing up on the kitchen counter, it managed to pump oil 'everywhere' before the battery gave out he said. Not having ISO handy he resorted to spray kitchen cleaner (like you'd use on a counter or other ceramic stuff.....). He said it worked great! Why wouldn't it?

In the mean time I've been testing the reduced power oil cart Tim wound me the other day. It was kind of a two fold idea, not only lower power (about ten Watts), but also I wanted to get it high enough in resistance so the VV heads for e-cigs and the D9 Iris could lets me explore different powers. So far, I've had limited success in that mode but some interesting tests at lower powers using the IMR 14500 most likely being considered for the 'mini Cera'. This is using the TV Ultra supply. Anyway, low power is not a good idea I'm thinking. It eventually gives good vapor and all, not as heavy as the full power cart does on weak batteries at best, but it takes 30 seconds or so to get there. If you heat for each hit and space them out it really eats up the battery. Great hits, but you only get maybe two dozen hits per battery. Plenty for most guys I'm sure, but not enough for some. I continue to be very impressed with the Cera oil cart and know others will be when they try it.......and I know lots of folks who've made that test that give me that confidence.

I know it's frustrating waiting, but I also know it's well worth it to most guys (or will be). The TV guys have been solving routine issues like they are dealing with today for years now using a truly neat and successful business model, I have every reason to expect that to continue. The company that brought us T1, Evolution, Revolution/DART and all the rest is trying to deliver the improved and combined versions of those products as best they can. I'm betting on them to make it happen.

OF
It seems like the reason TV has chosen to stick with the momentary switch is because of situations like this one. I know its easy for some to forget that they left the latching switch on. Especially people who have never handled it before and don't know its bad to lay on the power button. Am I at all right?

nickzzzx,

ogcook

It seems like the reason TV has chosen to stick with the momentary switch is because of situations like this one. I know its easy for some to forget that they left the latching switch on. Especially people who have never handled it before and don't know its bad to lay on the power button. Am I at all right?
Nope!
Well maybe a little, they were having issues sourcing and getting the switch produced. That's why for Pre-orders they're making an effort to get them when they can, but not worried much beyond that. I would guess some of the cost also in producing one up to their standards (that's the important part) is also slowing things and changing how they will be sold in the future.

amilehigh

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Cera EO on Tuesday! When I asked for a rough estimate on ship time they said it'll be at least 3 weeks. This will be my first vape and the anticipation has begun...

Will the Cera fit with any bubblers? If so, what exactly do i need? Adapters, grommets? Preferably i'd have something not too big that could maybe also fit a traditional bowl on top as an attachment. Does that exist?

AirDru

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Cera EO on Tuesday! When I asked for a rough estimate on ship time they said it'll be at least 3 weeks. This will be my first vape and the anticipation has begun...

Will the Cera fit with any bubblers? If so, what exactly do i need? Adapters, grommets? Preferably i'd have something not too big that could maybe also fit a traditional bowl on top as an attachment. Does that exist?

Congrats

You don't need any adapters if they are glass on glass.

The cera mouthpiece comes with o-rings to create a seal and is designed to fit both 18 and 14 mm pieces,

The bottom switch on the Cera is useable with one hand. I'm looking forward to the latching switch though.

What sort of grip do you use to hit the switch with one hand?

As a disciple of the dart and after reading the Cera reviews, I'm sold on getting the EO setup. However, I'm not too keen on 2-handed operation so I'm curious how difficult 1-handed operation would be.

That's in no way a deal-breaker; more of a (temporary) inconvenience and from what I gather, it's more of an issue when operating the LL than the EO. Still, I echo the sentiments of many others- I'm definitely looking forward to when TET is able to find a suitable source for the latching switches... because there will most likely be an LL in my future... and an EL. :nod:

Major bummer: the estimated shipping time posted on the site is 5-6 weeks! :cry:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
i am excited for my order to come through but man is the wait long.. anyone here ordered in January?

CG420,

TheRobbo

It is actually not that bad to use with one hand, I sort of grasp the bottom near the start of the SS part with thumb and forefinger, while also cupping the end of the switch with my last three fingers :dog:
Seriously though it is not that hard.

Any way I am gonna have a go at posting a photo like I promised.
Here is Cera being introduced to her new home, It used to be a logitec portable speaker case, that got re-assigned a while ago.
WildCeraMakinganewhome_zps294ac352.jpg

Also this one showing where I added another o-ring onto the cart to make it seal properly (OF was right it had nothing to do with the screw)
CloseupextraO-ring_zps3ec78e78.jpg

CeraCapoff_zps61c8a70e.jpg

NoName

The Robbo,

Sweet setup. 2 questions if I may: How has the addition of the black o-ring changed the performance of the LL cart? Second, what is the item in the lower right corner of your first pic?

TIA and I hope you're loving your CERA!!

NN

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ok, so does that mean the other people having trouble with the LL cart, might be having a seal issue? Do you know what size O ring that is you added?

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
You just need to remember that you can't "push any harder" and it's not so bad :lol: It would be nicer if more of it was concealed, as it "leans" out of your grip, instead of being held firm like a dumbbell. All things considered it's not as awkward as I imagined, particularly considering the weight, but it is easy to apply what feels like uneasy sideways pressure. As someone who has been researching grip strength training, it seems an unnatural motion, and something that would be problematic for people with arthritis or manipulation issues.

Cheerful Dub,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I hold mine with one hand (left) and depress momentary switch with my ring finger. Works great!!

Bluntcrush,

amilehigh

Congrats

You don't need any adapters if they are glass on glass.

The cera mouthpiece comes with o-rings to create a seal and is designed to fit both 18 and 14 mm pieces,

Hmm how does it fit both? Is one easier than another?

amilehigh,

VapeStL

Once again, a little homework is required mile high. The answers are within reach.

If you look at the photo above you will see difft o-rings in the travel kit... One will go between Cera's mouthpiece and a glass bowl.

Shouldn't make a difference what size the bowl is.

The o rings have many uses in Cera.

Top Bottom