Discontinued Thermovape Cera

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just for fun wanted to document and find out if my Cera LL readings are in spec:

- Core: 1.0 ohms
- Body: 1.1-1.2 ohms
- Switch: 0.3 ohms (pressed)

chevelle970

Just for fun wanted to document and find out if my Cera LL readings are in spec:

I was told the body should be 0-.1ohms. Mine was .3ohms. Everything else looks fine tho

chevelle970,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I am not sure if I am loading the cera(eo) fully. I am getting good inhales but when I look at the ceramic it looks grainy(the pores) should those be visible at all? It does look like it has oil down the sides of it though

Skeena,

JoeKickass

It's tricky to measure low resistances, even how hard you press the probes on the metal can change the reading..

Pores will be visible unless really clogged or completely full,

also the increase in performance people notice with low loads is just physics, less liquid to heat = faster warm up. But I'd be careful cooking it when low, I'm pretty sure that's what gummed up my darts... I would try cleaning everytime it gets low, you're going to lose oil every cleaning but the impurities won't get left behind to clog your $100 cart

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

OF

If by 'body' you mean with the core, those seem fine. As JKA correctly points out such low reading taken with a general purpose DMM are pretty speculative. Lead and contact resistance are too big a percentage of the game to get reliable readings. Low resistance ohm meters use a different configuration (so called 'four lead' set ups).

The actual body resistance can be measured from the plate the cart plugs into and the threaded ring, it should be low, in the few tenths range. If you add the cart resistance the above number seems OK, but if you're reading that from top to bottom without the cart that's worth looking into.

Another way to more accurately measure what's going on is to take a voltage reading from the threaded ring to the screws that retain the plate (poke the probe in one of the medium size holes above the one the safety pin goes through. A reading under .3 Volts should be OK. Power has to be on of course to get that reading.

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName
It's tricky to measure low resistances, even how hard you press the probes on the metal can change the reading..

Pores will be visible unless really clogged or completely full,

also the increase in performance people notice with low loads is just physics, less liquid to heat = faster warm up. But I'd be careful cooking it when low, I'm pretty sure that's what gummed up my darts... I would try cleaning everytime it gets low, you're going to lose oil every cleaning but the impurities won't get left behind to clog your $100 cart

I've been watching patiently for months hoping to learn that _I_ will be able to torch an EO cartridge back to "new" (re. as white or near white ceramic after cleaning). The eventual problem with the DART seems to be carbon build up - one of mine has slowed noticeably (though it remains my most used one - still working very well after dozen of grams and not ready to need a rebuild).

I really hope to learn that Cera can be "rejuvenated" by the user - basically, the only thing missing from the previous generation of TV EO products (though the 4x capacity increase is welcome also). I'd even be willing to spring for the Ti version, if that would make this work (plus the possible faster warmup time - same volumetric heat capacity issue I asked about 5 months ago).

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

Yes, Nick, torched cores come out awfully white, perhaps not white as new but I doubt you can tell that with the core assembled. How often/many times you can do that before you get problems I don't know of course, but I'd guess every month or two would probably be OK if you didn't nuke it for a long time each time. Torching it compulsively is not a good idea IMO. Even if it didn't cost your a quarter gram a go.

For sure I'd go Ti. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

OF

leetmode

Quick question about the Ti EO core, are only 3 of the 4 holes on the sides of the cartridge supposed to have screws in them?

leetmode,

Darb

I'm loving my Cera so much I'm thinking about ordering a Ti model and keeping the SS for a backup.
After using for a month or so I have a couple more comments/ideas/questions.
I don't have a rubber mouthpiece yet but it would be nice if a sealed rubber cap was available too. Would help with the mild smell and also keep lint out of the mp.
I have a suggestion for what i think would be an improvement on the core design. It would be nice if the well was slightly cone shaped rather than having the 90 degree angle at the bottom. This would help the concentrate feed onto the ceramic. Not a criticism just a thought.
Has anybody heard news about the protective sleeve that was planned?
I have one inch long crack already and I'm trying not too drop again but that is hard for me.
Has anybody tried an aftermarket latching switch yet?
I find myself using the tab from a pop can rather that the momentary switch cause I use my Cera constantly and get tired of holding the button. This is with the EO cart.
For anybody wondering the EL core works excellent with concentrates. Seems like it produces vapor quicker.

Rocco

DARB: Has anybody heard news about the protective sleeve that was planned?

The last time I added to my order I asked about the full body sleeve. TET said that they may not have one coming out because I guess they cant find something that would fit over the Cera snuggly considering the slight waistline in the middle of the Cera.

Maybe just a bottom piece from the middle of the Cera to the switch (kind of like a small heat sock ) could prove useful?

Rocco,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
440px-Si3N4bearings.jpg

On the topic of improvements for the cera line how about Silicon Nitride for the cera 2? It's more fracture resistant than zirconia and its a cooler color too. My :2c:

And wow look at the polish

This has got to be the cheapest way to deal with the hot mouth piece in group scenarios and also have some hot vapor cool down with a big volume... Cut a hole on the bottom of a regular water bottle with a pen or something and inhale through the top! Taking multiple heavy hits and clearing it after like a bong gets you super cloudy hits.. Probably works better with a gatorade bottle or something..

Took 6 hits in one try and I am impressed by the monster hits :o

Don't know if this was even worth sharing... on another level right now
:smug:
20t46qx.jpg

Sonics420

I got my cera and man its nice.
Before i go on.. i cant get much vapor out of it right now.
Preheat 30 sec. Load den put mp and hold for another 10 seconds and gettin nada, no flavor either.

This is the ll cart and i also tried 2 fresh batts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did step by step on what u said and nothing still
This thing is hot as hellll even da bottom switch..cant hold it atm.. Is that right?

Tried a bunch of different things and i cant get get even a wisp.. gotta be something with the cart? I see it glowing red though thats for sure.

So after having my problems I sent in my Cera, they received it last Monday and I am receiving my repaired device Today!!! YAY

They told me my LL cart was defective and needed to be fixed, I kinda forgot over the weekend the exact wording, Zeki told me it had to do with the ohms??

Also the conductive strip in my cera was faulty and was fixed[reason it kept heating up the whole Cera]. I guess this had something to do with ohms too?? lol Damn I should've reported to you guys right when I got off the phone but I really forgot the conversation.

Anyway if you are having any of the problems I described you should probably get your Cera checked out.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Coils might have shorted somewhere (lower resistance) if it feels hotter. Otherwise if it just didn't heat and now heats to a normal temp it probably has a break in the coil, and only temporarily sport welded itself into working, try not to bump it while you wait for a new one!
Looks like you were on the money. It died again. :( Still sparks sometimes when I hold the button down, but no glow.

For anyone interested, I figured out that you can use the silicone mouthpiece cover as an adapter to connect the mouthpiece itself to a MFLB. I posted about it over here in the launch box thread. It's fun to use!

nopartofme,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just got my EO cart, GonG adapter (T1), 2 batteries, etc. Seriously damaged in the post! 1 battery was bent out of shape! Glass adapter smashed ... glass shards and dust over everything, Cera EO cart container broken and not sure if cart itself is damaged or not ...

So couple questions ...

1. The EO cart heats fine, but the draw is EXTREMELY restrictive ... ie. empty I can barely pull through it trying as hard as I can ... is it supposed to be this way or did the bottom piece get jammed in too far (ie. damage in shipping ... it's a lot further in than on my LL core so I can see that the intake holes would barely be able to draw any air at all ... which seems to be the case ... is it supposed to be this way for the oil cart?

2. Shouldn't the EO cart have come with a mouth piece/tip too? (I have a smooth flow I could use or the std Cera mouthpiece ... just thought there was another tip that came with the EO and EL cores)

JCat,

OF

Just got my EO cart, GonG adapter (T1), 2 batteries, etc. Seriously damaged in the post! 1 battery was bent out of shape! Glass adapter smashed ... glass shards and dust over everything, Cera EO cart container broken and not sure if cart itself is damaged or not ...

So couple questions ...

1. The EO cart heats fine, but the draw is EXTREMELY restrictive ... ... is it supposed to be this way for the oil cart?

2. Shouldn't the EO cart have come with a mouth piece/tip too? )

It's probably normal draw. It's very restricted, more so than the LL by a fair bit. In the LL core we need to move a lot of hot air to heat the load, EO works differently, cold air coming in that's not absolutely necessary to 'sweep the vapor' is only cooling the coil off....robbing us of vaping power and more vapor. Looking at several oil carts I'd say half or a bit more of the holes are typically covered (unlike LL where they're open) and even that is under a steep angle so is even further restricted. Airflow can be increased a log (or restriction removed really) by taking one screw out as an experiment, but it seems the careful covering of the ports was well thought out before I was given the first Beta core to test.

Have you tried it? If not, I think you should.....you'll probably find it works just fine......

I'm not sure about that last part, I believe Noah said something to that effect, but most guys use the ceramic top, drip tips tend to get oil droplets too, something most guys don't like. I'm currently running a medium length drip tip cut back and bored out with a UFO from Evolution in it. This so I can hook it up to my WP......which is a very scary thing to use......

I'd suggest you contact TV and ask 'em if you want a drip tip. Last I saw they had a bin of white ones there.

OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks OF ... I feel better about filling it with oil to try now that you've responded and I also exchanged a few e-mails with Zeki. (Great customer service from ThermoVape and from the members on this forum :))

JCat,

OF

Thanks OF ... I feel better about filling it with oil to try now that you've responded and I also exchanged a few e-mails with Zeki. (Great customer service from ThermoVape and from the members on this forum :))

You're welcome. My personal advice is after all this wait, stop worrying and start enjoying that sucker!

Best wishes,

OF

OF,

YeeeBuddy

Finally got my Cera today, awesome suprise on my day off. She is a beauty, heavy but in a solid well made way.

attachment

attachment

Will post a more in depth review once the batts charge and I give her a try.

YeeeBuddy,
Reactions: NoName

Tweek

Just an update on my LL experience...I've been getting great results with packing it tightly, to about halfway full. I heat up the unit for a full minute and using a medium pull I get a medium vapor that gets me coughing. Usually I can get about 2 medium hits, and 2-3 light. Always end the session feeling nicely medicated.

Top Bottom