Discontinued Thermovape Cera

GR

Honestly there is no safe way to make this a DIY. Its instantly voiding the warranty, and even knowing what they were doing, they broke 25% of it lol.

That being said it is fantastic, but if you can't figure it out from that description I'd avoid it. It is SUPER sensitive. I love taking shit apart, but not a $100 cart that is under warranty.

What would be amazing is a way to clean it WITHOUT taking it apart. People were talking about some sonic cleaner thing before, but I don't know the details. I know if I got titanium it would be a non-issue as you can torch the whole cart.

Yes, yes, and yes.

However what good is a warranty for the above pictures when TET does not see dirty as a claim. Zeki told me to send them in and they would clean them up and or rebuild under warranty, I argued that it really was a service and I preferred to pay for it, epic fail. Since I have 3 carts that I won't use anymore I might as well play with them. The one that has never had airflow is waiting for a few .035" hex wrenches ( not all wrenches are equal so see if one is better then another), the other two are worth some experiments.

Sonic cleaners, TET will void the warranty if one is used. I have one, I have used it, it doesn't get the baked on sludge out. The more I ask around about things I can use it for the more people tell me not to use it on many products it is even intended to be used on. Eyeglasses, well if it has anti glare it can remove that. Certain jewels and settings can be adversely effected. So basicly I just soak my balls in it for now, lol.

Torching. I did this early on with my first cart thinking it would also help the airflow. Draw back is that nice silver SS is blue now and airflow did not improve. Time to revisit this after seeing inside pic again, I know my 2 carts that worked amazing that now taint oil flavor very rapidly must look very similar inside. I will try it with one of those other carts. I will say that first cart I torched a couple of times produced tons of black smoke for a long time while being torched, sent a cloud to my neighbors.

The 3rd cart, this one I will experiment with a bit. Just now I wondered if running tane through it could wash some crud out, idk but will try in a safe outdoor spot.

Last edited:

nickzzzx

Yes, yes, and yes.

However what good is a warranty for the above pictures when TET does not see dirty as a claim. Zeki told me to send them in and they would clean them up and or rebuild under warranty, I argued that it really was a service and I preferred to pay for it, epic fail. Since I have 3 carts that I won't use anymore I might as well play with them. The one that has never had airflow is waiting for a few .035" hex wrenches ( not all wrenches are equal so see if one is better then another), the other two are worth some experiments.

Sonic cleaners, TET will void the warranty if one is used. I have one, I have used it, it doesn't get the baked on sludge out. The more I ask around about things I can use it for the more people tell me not to use it on many products it is even intended to be used on. Eyeglasses, well if it has anti glare it can remove that. Certain jewels and settings can be adversely effected. So basicly I just soak my balls in it for now, lol.

Torching. I did this early on with my first cart thinking it would also help the airflow. Draw back is that nice silver SS is blue now and airflow did not improve. Time to revisit this after seeing inside pic again, I know my 2 carts that worked amazing that now taint oil flavor very rapidly must look very similar inside. I will try it with one of those other carts. I will say that first cart I torched a couple of times produced tons of black smoke for a long time while being torched, sent a cloud to my neighbors.

The 3rd cart, this one I will experiment with a bit. Just now I wondered if running tane through it could wash some crud out, idk but will try in a safe outdoor spot.
If you're not getting airflow even after torching then its probably being blocked by the fit of the metal pieces. If TV won't do anything then I'd say experimentwith it and open it up. I will give some pointers. The inner ceramics are pretty fragile, so make sure you clean with Iso (91%+ only) and boil very well before you decide to do any unscrewing. The tricky part with the screws is that can be stuck to the core with baked on oil acting as a glue. Before you unscrew anything, make sure the core is nice and warm first.
The ceramic comes straight out from the steel core. Be gentle and wiggle or twist very slightly if it doesnt come out easily.
TV should have designed the screws to be less delicate and more user friendly to allow user repair, it isn't that hard as long as you are very delicate when dealing with the ceramics. Torching the ceramic clean is one of the properties that attracted me towards this vape, it should be easy to do, not difficult or tricky.

GR

Nickzzza,

The air flow was always terrible on the first unit they sent me and that cart has been back in TETS hands 3 times already to only return untouched.

Thanks for the tips! I will take the no airflow apart to learn on, it has zero function for me and TET has had their 3 strikes and out chance.

How did you set the gap when putting it back together? All 4 of my carts have slightly different gaps, 2 are on an angle so one side is tighter then the other side. I am assuming the gap is what sets the airflow but I know all to well about assuming.

GR,

OF

Honestly there is no safe way to make this a DIY. Its instantly voiding the warranty, and even knowing what they were doing, they broke 25% of it lol.

That being said it is fantastic, but if you can't figure it out from that description I'd avoid it. It is SUPER sensitive. I love taking shit apart, but not a $100 cart that is under warranty.

What would be amazing is a way to clean it WITHOUT taking it apart. People were talking about some sonic cleaner thing before, but I don't know the details. I know if I got titanium it would be a non-issue as you can torch the whole cart.

Spot on. If you need to, torch it in place. Get the Ti version and have at it. Disassembly is not authorized or recommended. In fact, strictly discouraged at this point. Ask TV (or read the instructions).

Disclaimer: Please don't attempt this yourself unless you know all the risks involved. I stripped one hex screw and managed to get it out, but this leaves me with three now. Be very careful with the screws as they strip easily and need very LITTLE threading to secure everything together. Remember, the ceramics are brittle too. I believe this will void your core warranty.

Exactly so. This is all known stuff, widely discussed. It takes an expert to set those screws right (not some well intentioned owner with flea market tools). I've been trained, and I know what I'm saying here. Don't do it. Put a screw in too far and a serious short circuit can happen.

Running with only 3 screws has also been shown to be a problem. The load (installing and removing) on the remaining ones leads to failures there.

Make no mistake, it definitely voids the warranty. It says so directly, several times. It is not advised.

There is no way to remove the heater and reinstall it once it's been heated to working temperature in place. At the factory you wind a new heater each time.

If heavy use/lack of routine cleaning fouls the core up to the point of needing torching I suggest doing it in place (not disassembling) or sending it in. I can't advise owners opening them up. Even with training unless you have a supply of repair parts.

While it's pretty inside now, and working better than before perhaps, it's now broken for sure.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
While it's pretty inside now, and working better than before perhaps, it's now broken for sure.

OF

I understand what you're trying to say but if something isn't functioning at full capacity and an adjustment (even if not recommended and it voids the warranty) improves or restores the overall performance, wouldn't that technically make what nickzzzx did to be "a fix". If the people at TET didn't feel the need to open up and take a look at a cart that the user said has been acting faulty, then the folks at TET are ultimately responsible for the user having to open and perform DIY repairs, hence voiding their warranty.

There seems to be a lot of downtime for many Cera owners because they have to send in their cores and Ceras for repairs and for TET to not even take the time to open them up is kind of like adding insult to injury. Besides DIY, what other options does a user have if the company won't correct a mistake?

darkrom

Great Scott!
I do agree that if its broke and they WONT fix it, have at it. I'm not sure why they won't fix it, that is scary news to me.

I'd try DIY fixes before throwing it in the trash, but at the same time I'd rather have them fix it correctly. Are they just not doing that? When I sent my LL to get fixed they never updated me with what was wrong, and the device was just as dirty as I sent it in, but it seemed better.

Are they really just shipping them back unchanged/untested?

Hopefully TET can just comment on that real quick because that is very different from what I'm used to hearing about their customer service.

nickzzzx

Nickzzza,

The air flow was always terrible on the first unit they sent me and that cart has been back in TETS hands 3 times already to only return untouched.

Thanks for the tips! I will take the no airflow apart to learn on, it has zero function for me and TET has had their 3 strikes and out chance.

How did you set the gap when putting it back together? All 4 of my carts have slightly different gaps, 2 are on an angle so one side is tighter then the other side. I am assuming the gap is what sets the airflow but I know all to well about assuming.
Try to assemble the pieces back together with the core upside down, threads up. Screw one hex, then screw the opposite hex. Then screw the other two hex screws. It should be centered fairly well.

mephisto

For all of the support tendered by early adopters, etc., we seem to have a difficult time getting the core/strap issues sorted out with little crisis. I have owned all of the TET products and up until the Cera, I was reasonably happy. I waited until Cera had been around for awhile, then got one for myself. At this point between the awkward (imo) switch, the intermittent firing (strap issue) and the cart fouling out, this potentially nuclear device has sadly become an unused relic. Last use I believe I actually sucked a hole into the top of my head trying to draw out a treatment. Thanks to all the supporters, athletic or otherwise, my Cera is officially Retired.......edit for content.
I still fully support the other TET platforms like the Dart. It is really the better tool for my uses.

Last edited:
mephisto,

Tweek

My oil cores have been working great...my LL I am not so sure. Sent it in for a fix awhile back, but its performance has been falling pretty flat lately.

As to customer service, Zeki has always been stellar.

GR

When I sent the 3 carts in 2 months ago for rebuilds I was clear with Zeki that this is what I was sending them in for and he seemed to fully understand. Zeki sent me an email when they where sending them back that all carts checked out to their specs. This did feel like a slap in the face.

I agree with OF's voice of reason, we should not be messing with these carts, nor should we be in a position where we feel we need to, IMO. My big problem in life is I have never listened to the voice of reason and I have the scars, burns, broken bones, and so many head injuries I no longer can remember how many to prove it, lol.

I see it that I have a few options. I can keep buying carts and call them disposable. Try some cleaning techniques and chemicals I have not tried yet. Try torching the entire SS steel cart. Wait for TET to decide these are not disposiable and they are willing to fix them for a fee. Take them apart and clean them, I have three to fix so I guess I do have extra parts. My vote is TET figures out a solution to rehab these $100 paper weights.

I really like the Cera EO especially when it is a newer cart, man it rocks. I don't like having over $1k wrapped up in 2 bodies, 1 LL, 4 EOs, 12 batteries, two chargers, and many mouth pieces in something that just wants another $100 from me every couple of months. This is why I gave up on omicrom carts, $500for a year of carts with my use was to much. It isn't the money for me, it's the waste. I also don't care for lip service, Zeki is a nice guy but I have spent way to much time in contact with him, standing in line at the PO sending things back to have them return the same way ( my strap issue was fixed so credit where credit is due), these are things that are tainting my experience with TET.

Sorry folks. I don't mean to air my smelly laundry like this. I still think Cera is a damn fine product but does not live up to my expectations of quality use for the long haul.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Hi guys, I`ve come to the LL cera from my previously preferred daily drive of smoking lots of weakish single skinners. Even though vaping is a life saving step in the right direction, I still find I smoke the ABV to level off. Great savings on tobacco and hash, but my goal is to give up tobacco altogether. Is there any device good for a quick hit of ABV for during the day ? I don`t even mind combusting ABV if it helps eliminate tobacco. I`m told the atmos raw works like a hot knife ! Is this a good half way house between vaping and using a pipe or bong ? I find ABV less pungent than hash but still too harsh for a pipe. I`d sooner leave my cera safe at home, and could perhaps manage with an e-cig if I could have the odd toke of ABV every now and then. Any suggestions as you all seem to own many devices. Is there a quality portable electronic missing link between vaping and a pipe ?

Nimrod,

OldVape

Never heard from them (TET) today regarding my missing parts and defective products.

I hope they do not spend the $ I sent prematurely.

Friday is fast approaching.

OldVape,

nickzzzx

When I sent the 3 carts in 2 months ago for rebuilds I was clear with Zeki that this is what I was sending them in for and he seemed to fully understand. Zeki sent me an email when they where sending them back that all carts checked out to their specs. This did feel like a slap in the face.

I agree with OF's voice of reason, we should not be messing with these carts, nor should we be in a position where we feel we need to, IMO. My big problem in life is I have never listened to the voice of reason and I have the scars, burns, broken bones, and so many head injuries I no longer can remember how many to prove it, lol.

I see it that I have a few options. I can keep buying carts and call them disposable. Try some cleaning techniques and chemicals I have not tried yet. Try torching the entire SS steel cart. Wait for TET to decide these are not disposiable and they are willing to fix them for a fee. Take them apart and clean them, I have three to fix so I guess I do have extra parts. My vote is TET figures out a solution to rehab these $100 paper weights.

I really like the Cera EO especially when it is a newer cart, man it rocks. I don't like having over $1k wrapped up in 2 bodies, 1 LL, 4 EOs, 12 batteries, two chargers, and many mouth pieces in something that just wants another $100 from me every couple of months. This is why I gave up on omicrom carts, $500for a year of carts with my use was to much. It isn't the money for me, it's the waste. I also don't care for lip service, Zeki is a nice guy but I have spent way to much time in contact with him, standing in line at the PO sending things back to have them return the same way ( my strap issue was fixed so credit where credit is due), these are things that are tainting my experience with TET.

Sorry folks. I don't mean to air my smelly laundry like this. I still think Cera is a damn fine product but does not live up to my expectations of quality use for the long haul.
I'm sorry you had to deal with sending it through the mail and to have no real repair in return, that is seriously frustrating. Does anybody know why TET aren't replacing or refurbishing the ceramics in these cores when this is obviously the problem? Are they scared they will strip a hex screw? Are they simply testing that it has proper resistance and heats up? Something doesn't add up here, because TET has had a pretty good track record about listening to customers and doing what needs to be done.

If they didn't make those hex screws so delicate, or even replaced them with a flat head screw, they would be more user-repairable. I know TET doesn't want their customers to open up the carts, but if they aren't honoring their warranty, then what other choice do we have?

I sent an email to TET a while back when my EO core was all fouled up and collecting dust, basically telling them it needed new or torched ceramic, and I have been taking care of it properly and periodically cleaning with the approved alcohol and boiling methods, but they basically told me that I have done everything possible other than disassembling it, which is reserved for their technicians ONLY. They told me it should still work fine after many months of use and cleaning cycles, when it was NOT. Performance of the core had decreased to the point of it being almost non functional. They have the mentality that as long as it heats up, it works. This is not the case. The ceramics need to be refreshed periodically. The huge beneficial property of this porous ceramic is that it can be torched to clean and white. They know this. What they don't know is that this needs to happen periodically to maintain a functional unit.

OF

There seems to be a lot of downtime for many Cera owners because they have to send in their cores and Ceras for repairs and for TET to not even take the time to open them up is kind of like adding insult to injury. Besides DIY, what other options does a user have if the company won't correct a mistake?

You raise a good point, one I intend to bring up next time I'm over there. That was not the original plan/policy I want to find if that's changed before taking hearsay at face value.

What I fear is innocents 'finding in on the web' and deciding that means it's OK. Which IMO it's not. Even this fellow broke it some?

I hope guys would feel bad giving out bad advice?

Try to assemble the pieces back together with the core upside down, threads up. Screw one hex, then screw the opposite hex. Then screw the other two hex screws. It should be centered fairly well.

But that's not at all the issue. That part is very centered since it's a tight bore (can't be off to one side).......

The issue has to do with setting the screws, it's very important, and not for casual play.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The tendency of groups like this can be to pool collective ignorance as the saying goes........

Assuming you've paid for it, it's yours to trash if you wish. Just two requests: Don't try to claim warranty repairs afterwards and don't encourage others unless you know for sure how good the advice is?

I recommend going with the maker's directions here......which clearly say 'don't mess with the screws'.

OF

nickzzzx

You raise a good point, one I intend to bring up next time I'm over there. That was not the original plan/policy I want to find if that's changed before taking hearsay at face value.

What I fear is innocents 'finding in on the web' and deciding that means it's OK. Which IMO it's not. Even this fellow broke it some?

I hope guys would feel bad giving out bad advice?

But that's not at all the issue. That part is very centered since it's a tight bore (can't be off to one side).......

The issue has to do with setting the screws, it's very important, and not for casual play.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The tendency of groups like this can be to pool collective ignorance as the saying goes........

Assuming you've paid for it, it's yours to trash if you wish. Just two requests: Don't try to claim warranty repairs afterwards and don't encourage others unless you know for sure how good the advice is?

I recommend going with the maker's directions here......which clearly say 'don't mess with the screws'.

OF
Can you please expand on what is involved with "setting the screws"?

I do agree that people should not be messing with these haphazardly. It really is a delicate system, but also robust in many ways. I find the screws to be the most delicate aspect of the design. If someone wants to experiment and DIY repair/refurb, there should be some info out there that helps them with it. I only say this because TET has not been repairing these cores properly or well enough or even at all. I bought my Cera knowing it would eventually foul up, but I also had the knowledge from TET that I have a warranty and rebuild possibilities for my core when the time came. I attempted to have them service it, but they were not receptive to my requests.

OldVape

Seems to be a lot of unreceptive stuff coming out of TET lately.

My Husband wonders if they are not in financial trouble and is pressuring me just to send the whole thing back to them.

Just got off the phone with our credit card company, who advised that they will issue at FULL refund of our purchase if we decide to send it back.

I am starting to lean that way to be honest. Sending me one battery and a dead charger when I paid for three batteries and two chargers has me really fucken ticked off.

Dont sell fucken batteries if you do not have them to ship. Bullshit.

OldVape,

OF

Can you please expand on what is involved with "setting the screws"?

I can but I won't since I was specifically asked not to. If they wanted the information out there, they can surely make that happen. Either directly or through me or someone else as they always have in the past.

I for sure don't want to be party to giving out advice on wrecking your Cera cart. I didn't bring the issue up to prompt 'OK, so how to I get around that restriction?'.

You can trust me or not when I say I've been trained and don't do this myself. I've built cores for my own use (under supervision, in their shop), but never for others. The Pros do that. I take (rather than send) my cores in for service, same as everyone else.

I'm sorry, but I've given my word here, and for me that ends the matter at that point.

OF

OldVape

You guys need "training" on how to look after the customer after you have the $, STFU about retaining screws and the like, they wont keep the company a float, looking after cash paying customers before they do a credit card reversal and send you back a box of parts will keep your company afloat.

Just saying.

Now go back to your 4c screws.

OldVape,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I had a very similar issue with my ti cera. Sent it in for strap failure and a ridiculously leaking cart. got it back with a new strap, but the cart was untouched, I could still see the oil on it. I never received any kind of literature letting me know what they did, if anything. @OF can you ask zeki or whoever to put a note in the box saying what was done under repair?

Soflo,

jpdnkstr

I have to stand up for Thermovape here, and say that I have experienced A+ customer service, and have had many DARTS rebuilt, in different ways(I know they won't do that any longer). I have not had to send either of my 2 EO Cores (1 Ti, 1 SS) in yet. I purchased both used, and was concerned about cleanliness, but both top wafers are still as white as snow!(I haven't opened them up), but taste is still spot on. Give this company a chance, they WILL impress you.

jpdnkstr,

OldVape

What would most impress me at this time is a 20 second e-mail saying got your concern, will advise ASAP.

5 days ago I got a half baked order that was missing crucial parts to make this $500.00investment work.

Are you kidding me?

OldVape,

GR

OldVape I couldn't agree more. I have been caught up in my rant so much I was over looking how shitty it would be to be in your shoes. Have you sent more then one email? I know a few of mine disappeared into vapor on a couple of occasions, however the rest of the time Zeki has responded almost always on the same day. I do hope they make you a happy customer.

@jpdnkstr, I believe I have given them a fair chance, three strikes in less then six months. I am not exactly done with them but until they are hearing what people are saying these last couple of pages it's kind of pointless for me to keep trying. I have also said what I am saying here directly to Zeki, I felt I was alone but now I see I am not alone.

To everyone, OF made it clear his stance, I respect him and his stance, let's just let it go at that and not put him in a place he has to defend himself or TETS position. I have great respect for OF, he has been a wealth of knowledge to me and my guess to many here. I always assumed OF meant old fuck, anyway I have a picture in my head that kind of resembles my grandad, who would be 110, sorry my friend, I can't always help what I picture nor can count on my filters.

Last edited:

Tweek

What would most impress me at this time is a 20 second e-mail saying got your concern, will advise ASAP.

5 days ago I got a half baked order that was missing crucial parts to make this $500.00investment work.

Are you kidding me?

Just keep trying to get in touch via email or phone. 5 days is definitely too long to have to wait. Your concerns are definitely valid, regardless of how good the customers service has been for others.

OldVape

I did not have to "keep trying" to place an order. Nor did I have to "keep trying" to get my money into their hands.

I sent a mail on Friday when I got this half baked bullshit, and again on Sunday night advising about the dead charger and intermittent switch. Balls now in TETS court.

No worries, in Canada we have the best consumer protection against this type of bullshit in the western world. On my word the charges will be 100% reversed, no questions asked. Mastercard said just save the paperwork from post office showing you sent it back COD.

With 800 versions of VAPES on the market, I am not to worried about it, just pissed off about it. Time is money is for me.

Purchasing the cera is starting to feel like a mistake. A mistake I will share with countless others.

What a joke.

OldVape,
Top Bottom