Discontinued Thermovape Cera

iamn3ko

Since hot mouthpieces are a topic. I figure I'll drop my newest rendition of my extended mouthpiece.

I've think I've finally finalized it.

Pretty hot eh?

I always told my mom that one day gauging my ears would come in handy. They didn't, they just influenced me to use them with my vaporizers.

Btw that's stainless steel.

4zuwwn.jpg

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Since hot mouthpieces are a topic. I figure I'll drop my newest rendition of my extended mouthpiece.

I've think I've finally finalized it.

Pretty hot eh?

I always told my mom that one day gauging my ears would come in handy. They didn't, they just influenced me to use them with my vaporizers.

Btw that's stainless steel.

4zuwwn.jpg

Looks sweet, I was thinking on that drip tip!!!
since its separate from the actual eo cart i assume its doesnt get as hot or hot at all????
Funny, Last week i started looking into high temp grommets so i can connect my ceramic drip tip on top of the cera outer mouthpiece shield part (lol) just as you have yours fitted!!!!
So far the ceramic drip tip i have inserted directly into eo cart seems to stay cooler longer than the aluminum one i had on, but for passing around purposes id like to do as you did to keep mouthpiece cool for prolonged EO use.
:rockon::science:

iamn3ko

Looks sweet, I was thinking on that drip tip!!!
since its separate from the actual eo cart i assume its doesnt get as hot or hot at all????
Funny, Last week i started looking into high temp grommets so i can connect my ceramic drip tip on top of the cera outer mouthpiece shield part (lol) just as you have yours fitted!!!!
So far the ceramic drip tip i have inserted directly into eo cart seems to stay cooler longer than the aluminum one i had on, but for passing around purposes id like to do as you did to keep mouthpiece cool for prolonged EO use.
:rockon::science:

Nope, doesn't get hot. Most of the mouthpiece is on the outside so it's not heating up too much.

Stays nice and cool, and easy to take apart. Just screws on. And wide open flow :D

aj0125

So I have spent a little time with my Cera LL cart (not nearly as much as I would like) and I find myself having a fun and delicious experience half the time and the other half I find that I am unintentionally combusting (more like 60-40). I posted quite a few pages back about wondering if I was combusting with the Cera or not because of black flowers. Well, like OF told me a few posts later: If you combust you will know it. I was not combusting back when I asked about it. He was right, the moment I combusted in the Cera the first time I knew it instantly. I cannot figure out what I am doing different between the two but am determined to to get my Cera skills to the point where I never combust. Am I letting it preheat too long? Drawing too slow? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

toros23

Also for cera hot mouth piece issues, these slip on easy, are disposable, wont burn your lips & are cheap!!!!

http://www.apolloecigs.com/product-p/atestercondom.htm
QIuMtbX.jpg

XQW7KFx.jpg

I use these to protect my lips fom a hot cera, but also work great as a hygienic type party mouthpiece!!!!
they slip on over cera ufo mouthpiece and 510 drip tip style aslo works great!!!

Thanks for mentioning this! I have some of these laying around for the Omicron carts and never thought to use them on the Cera. They work great! I always worry about chipping a tooth with the ceramic tip by itself and I feel like the thermal cap retains too much heat. This seems like the perfect compromise but I must do some more testing.... :brow:

OF

Also for cera hot mouth piece issues, these slip on easy, are disposable, wont burn your lips & are cheap!!!!

I use these to protect my lips fom a hot cera, but also work great as a hygienic type party mouthpiece!!!!
they slip on over cera ufo mouthpiece and 510 drip tip style aslo works great!!!

Back in the day when I had the only Beta Cera in public and came on the heat issue I resorted to an inch long piece of half inch high temperature Silicone tube with great success. This was before there were Silicon covers. I posted about it at the time. I still keep and sometimes use that same piece of tube six months later.....

So I have spent a little time with my Cera LL cart (not nearly as much as I would like) and I find myself having a fun and delicious experience half the time and the other half I find that I am unintentionally combusting (more like 60-40).

I cannot figure out what I am doing different between the two but am determined to to get my Cera skills to the point where I never combust. Am I letting it preheat too long? Drawing too slow? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Beats me, as I've said, I've never managed. Maybe I just don't try hard enough? I can assure you it's not from over long preheat or too slow a draw (I've beat both those two to death....).

One thing sure, it's worth not doing. If you pay attention and 'follow your results' you should sort it out I think.....OK that's 2 things....but they're related?

Best wishes. My take at this point is 'you won't be denied'.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Thanks for mentioning this! I have some of these laying around for the Omicron carts and never thought to use them on the Cera. They work great! I always worry about chipping a tooth with the ceramic tip by itself and I feel like the thermal cap retains too much heat. This seems like the perfect compromise but I must do some more testing.... :brow:

Iam glad it helped someone, let me know what you think.
I use this tip also with another silicone grommet and its a perfect seal for my 14mm tube, cera plus water filtration is :mmmm::mmmm:

Back in the day when I had the only Beta Cera in public and came on the heat issue I resorted to an inch long piece of half inch high temperature Silicone tube with great success. This was before there were Silicon covers. I posted about it at the time. I still keep and sometimes use that same piece of tube six months later.....

Beats me, as I've said, I've never managed. Maybe I just don't try hard enough? I can assure you it's not from over long preheat or too slow a draw (I've beat both those two to death....).

One thing sure, it's worth not doing. If you pay attention and 'follow your results' you should sort it out I think.....OK that's 2 things....but they're related?

Best wishes. My take at this point is 'you won't be denied'.

OF

Yes, these or a silicone tube slips on rather nicely and keeps the cera in rotation!!!!
I had a slew of these from the persei cartridges , good thing i saved them for future use.
I do have the silicone TET cover, but a couple people looked at it funny at first but fell in love after!!!!(lol)
I use these now with a 510 cerami drip tip.

BLAZING OG,

Darb

So I have spent a little time with my Cera LL cart (not nearly as much as I would like) and I find myself having a fun and delicious experience half the time and the other half I find that I am unintentionally combusting (more like 60-40). I posted quite a few pages back about wondering if I was combusting with the Cera or not because of black flowers. Well, like OF told me a few posts later: If you combust you will know it. I was not combusting back when I asked about it. He was right, the moment I combusted in the Cera the first time I knew it instantly. I cannot figure out what I am doing different between the two but am determined to to get my Cera skills to the point where I never combust. Am I letting it preheat too long? Drawing too slow? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I have found the same thing. If I'm watching tv or talking while using my LL Cera it will combust. If I pay %100 attention to Cera while using it then its not too bad but still very easy to combust.

Darb,
Reactions: OF

YeeeBuddy

Yea it happens to me every once in a while and im not sure what exactly does it. Possibly the really fine/dry grind i use? I have had more success with a really light pack, pretty much dont pack it at all fill it up and spread it out. Sometimes you can feel combustion coming the vapor starts getting too hot and I will stop drawing and let go of the power for 5-10 seconds then go back at it, also i draw really slow. I have been preheating with no herb for about 30 seconds, then since my herb is pretty dry another 10-15 once loaded. I have never take a test puff i just go for it and get a nice hit first draw every time.

YeeeBuddy,
Reactions: aj0125

OF

If I pay %100 attention to Cera while using it then its not too bad but still very easy to combust.

You know, when I first started driving it took all my attention to keep it between the ditches and not hit something in the process. Not always successful even then. As my skills grew, they grew. These days I have no trouble with that usually.......

I can even talk to passengers and change the radio if I'm careful.

I've still never combusted with Cera LL, and don't expect to since 'autopilot' is fully functional there?

Thats actually what i did lol lol

Cool. That makes us both brilliant.....or fools. Which do you think it is?

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Is it at all possible that the increased incidence of combustion being reported is anything to do with LL cores being wound "hotter"? I understand that such a winding is only supposed to affect heat-up time and not final temperature. Still, I'm having trouble quelling my curiosity… My repaired Cera came back with a mysterious "High Res" note stuck on it, and I managed to combust the first bowl I put in it whereas I hadn't been able to do that the first time around.

Everything is solvable with practice and technique, of course; I just can't help but wonder about these things after hearing you repeatedly state you can't get it to combust though you've tried. My experience is in line with others' here, it doesn't seem that hard to get combustion going. Not just blackening, but full-on terrible tasting, throat irritating, whip staining combustion, with flecks of white ash.

OF

Is it at all possible that the increased incidence of combustion being reported is anything to do with LL cores being wound "hotter"?

Everything is solvable with practice and technique, of course; I just can't help but wonder about these things after hearing you repeatedly state you can't get it to combust though you've tried. My experience is in line with others' here, it doesn't seem that hard to get combustion going. Not just blackening, but full-on terrible tasting, throat irritating, whip staining combustion, with flecks of white ash.

I have tested a wider range of powers than most, and have a 'current production' core as well. I don't really like them, preferring my reworked Beta core for it's longer battery life and slower heating of the body in use. It's a few seconds slower, but plenty powerful and IMO a better trade off.....it's not, however, best for cloud chasers.....

I absolutely agree with it being technique related. I've been very open and careful (I hope) with my technique and it's not based on biggest clouds..... Done the way I describe, I have never had combustion. The few times I've come close it was enough under control (as was I.....) that it didn't happen.

No matter how else you see it, combustion means (for whatever reason) you pulled more heat into the load than you could safely use to make vapor.....with the usual results. IMO if you combust, you 'were asking for it'. The design is solid.

Use it as designed, IMO you get great results with no danger of combustion. Go cloud chasing and (also IMO) you're on your own. That's not what it was designed to do.

"It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools"?

OF

Sonics420

High res? I wonder what that is.. I finally took off my EO cart last night [its been 2 weeks] and put my LL on, I cant get anywhere near combustion, it magically stops giving off vapor when my herbs are browned. My Cera LL didnt come back with a note of any sort though so maybe your LL carts are tweaked in some way??

I actually don't get clouds at all with the stock MP so I usually switch to a more open flow modded MP. Are you guys combusting with the stock MP?? If you are combusting you guys must be blowing clouds [before the combustion happens]..

That said I'd love to get my hands on a "high res" LL cart.

Darb

High res? I wonder what that is.. I finally took off my EO cart last night [its been 2 weeks] and put my LL on, I cant get anywhere near combustion, it magically stops giving off vapor when my herbs are browned. My Cera LL didnt come back with a note of any sort though so maybe your LL carts are tweaked in some way??

I actually don't get clouds at all with the stock MP so I usually switch to a more open flow modded MP. Are you guys combusting with the stock MP?? If you are combusting you guys must be blowing clouds [before the combustion happens]..

I've been using the stock mp and combusting. Not many clouds. Usually combusts pretty quick. I'm going to try different draw speeds later today and see what happens.
A "high res" cart would probably take longer to heat up and possibly be cooler?
If I was to guess "high res" was probably the issue before the cart was repaired??

OF

High res? I wonder what that is..

I think that's troubleshooting note about resistance in the body (strap connections), not the core. I'd guess it just didn't get removed? For sure it's not intended to be any notice to the owner.

As I said I have a range of LL cores, from .66 to .83 Ohms (as I measure them), quite a range. I like the lowest best really. I also have a custom oil cart, the highest Tim could go, 1.33 Ohms. It too does just fine although it's several seconds slower than production units it does well with 14500s driving it.

Hopefully they will soon open up custom carts for order, they charged me the normal $100 for mine, I hope customs from the factory will also be normal price so guys can experiment themselves. Since each heater is hand made for that core, I see no reason why they wouldn't do this once the production capacity is freed up.

IMO the trade off of slower production in LL and lower output in EO (but who can use it full blast like Noah?) is a great trade off for longer battery life and less heat in the body (two other things most folks favor).

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I absolutely agree with it being technique related. I've been very open and careful (I hope) with my technique and it's not based on biggest clouds..... Done the way I describe, I have never had combustion. The few times I've come close it was enough under control (as was I.....) that it didn't happen.

No matter how else you see it, combustion means (for whatever reason) you pulled more heat into the load than you could safely use to make vapor.....with the usual results. IMO if you combust, you 'were asking for it'. The design is solid.

Use it as designed, IMO you get great results with no danger of combustion. Go cloud chasing and (also IMO) you're on your own. That's not what it was designed to do.

"It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools"?

Thanks for keeping my sanity in check. High res as a troubleshooting note makes a lot of sense. To be fair, my experience with Cera and fresh flowers (you know, usage as designed…) is a little limited due to poor timing in regards to when my Cera failed versus when I had supply available. The tool surely can't be blamed for combustion while I'm trying to eke out the last few hits from spent herb. Not to say that I hadn't combusted while using fresh greens, I had had that experience at least, which led me to post my concerns anyways. Poor craftsmanship on my part indeed, to worry so much about the tool working properly prior to thinking about my technique. A million thanks as always, and apologies for airing my poorly thought out anxieties here.

Once custom core rewinding is available, I'll be sending mine in again for a more modest winding as I feel the heat spreading is more of an issue for me than a fraction of a minute longer being spent letting it heat up.

OF

Thanks for keeping my sanity in check.

A million thanks as always, and apologies for airing my poorly thought out anxieties here.

Once custom core rewinding is available, I'll be sending mine in again for a more modest winding as I feel the heat spreading is more of an issue for me than a fraction of a minute longer being spent letting it heat up.

You're welcome, of course. But I can't buy into the apology part if I agree with the sanity check part. I see valid stuff worth talking about, if not so much this exact case for sure in the general one. IMO worth talking about it to try to do so one letter at a time....in the proper order no less.

I think it's in the nature of man (at least men, women can often be better here I think?) to focus in on goals and get 'out of touch' with the process. Hopefully that trail too leads to yon Palace of True Enlightenment.

Bummer about the timing, but that is just going to add to the fun of getting going again?

I think there's a lot of good fun and improvement to come with guys trying different power cores. I find a useful difference as I've said.

Regards,

OF

YeeeBuddy

That's the thing my technique doesn't change at all, like you said I'm pretty much on auto pilot hitting this thing, slow steady inhale every time. But every once in a while it will combust out of nowhere, usually with a pretty fresh load, could it be some of my really fine grind makes it through those holes and gets into that glowing heater, that would obviously combust.

Organica

From my hotel room @ the Cannabis Cup in Denver:

33w2rmr.jpg

The dish on the left is some stuff one of the lovely ladies at the show gave me @ Snoop Lion. On the right we have the last smoked bowl, just as it appears out of the Cera. At the top are the silicone shield, a $10 glass bat I picked up that day, and the top of the Cera.

121flas.jpg

30 seconds later.

For the record, since I got FACED at the cup and lost my EO cart, I have basically been an exclusively LL user. I love it. Sooo much. Also, I use it everywhere. 'Sarah said the bathrooms here were really nice' now means 'Let's go hit this.':cool:

But my new EO cart gets here tomorrow, and I have CO2 oil to try! Hooray!!!

Also, I have a technical battery question. How about these:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Li-Io...04TSKXO2/ref=pd_sbs_misc_4#productDescription

One primary thing I noticed in the specs was the common discharge voltage - For everyone's favorite (out of stock) Panasonic batteries, the nominal voltage is 3.6V. These Samsung batteries are 2600 mAh versus 2250 for the Panasonics, and the nominal voltage is 3.7V.

Sooo... longer lasting batteries and a slightly faster heating time, or a really great way to break my favorite personal relaxation device?

tavosvo

I am missing Cera so much since it left for repairs. In two weeks I came to like the Cera better then my custom glass and nails or swings. When it comes to oil Cera fit me just right.

Missing mine too!

I tried hitting the nail like I used to and it's OK...but I'd be ripping the EO out of my water tool if I had the choice

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I have a technical battery question. How about these:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Li-Io...04TSKXO2/ref=pd_sbs_misc_4#productDescription

One primary thing I noticed in the specs was the common discharge voltage - For everyone's favorite (out of stock) Panasonic batteries, the nominal voltage is 3.6V. These Samsung batteries are 2600 mAh versus 2250 for the Panasonics, and the nominal voltage is 3.7V.

Sooo... longer lasting batteries and a slightly faster heating time, or a really great way to break my favorite personal relaxation device?
They're actually not bad cells. Not as good as either of the Panasonic's we've been throwing around here, but not terrible. They're rated at 2C discharge (5.2 Amps), which is enough for the Cera. But they will not heat up a Cera core any faster (in fact, slightly slower), and they won't last any longer. But they're not bad batteries, just not as good in our usage.

If you're still looking for the Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries, even though they're sold out in all of the Amazon sales (that I could find), they are still available, at a bargain price, if you're willing to buy two. How's $4.76 each, including one of those little plastic two battery carrying cases. Oh, and free shipping.

Use the coupon code: CPASTE13SPRING (again, I don't make up the codes).

Here's the link: the link

Oh, and I was thinking about why some are having combustion problems with their LL Cera, and one thing I didn't notice mentioned in all the "do I have a hot-rod core" discussions was grind. If your herb is ground so fine that it can fall through the holes in the bottom of the LL bowl, it can fall into the oven, which is more than hot enough to combust herb. Sucking a glowing bit of herb back into the bowl could cause further combustion of the herb still in the bowl.

So my thought was, if your Cera LL is prone to combustion, try just hand crumbling your herb for the next bowl or two, and see if that makes a difference.

Haywood

Top Bottom