Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

2) The vapor gets too hot. I think I actually cough more with this than I did before. Needs a spacer. So I bought http://www.coleparmer.com/Product/Mullite_process_tube_open_both_ends_1_OD_12_L/EW-33910-01. Should fit around the LL cart perfectly and line up with the outside body, so it'll fit both the inside and outside perfectly. I'll find somebody to hack off about 8 inches of it so it's not too long

Cool. Lots of fun stuff going on. I have no issues on draw, but am happy those that do are finding mods that suit them. Full points to TB's open design!

A good resource for simple slicing tube and stuff like that is Lapidary guys. Rock Hounds. The diamond saws they slice rocks with do great. Usually you can find a shop or college that can be conned into making a slice or two for you if you show them. I also understand some of the 'wet saws' contractors use to cut tiles and fancy stone work will do it, but I've never done that. Rock saws do work for 'cured' ceramics.

Like the other fellow I'm worried about the DC rating on the switch. As we've seen with the original domed ones, some will take it, others not most likely. No guaranties here.

I agree on the core light issue as well. Not only is lighting and camera sensitivity to stuff we can't see muddle it up some, but so does the physical construction (how much of the core itself can be seen). I have 3 LL cores of different powers, the least powerful is actually brightest. Brighter than the one 20% hotter (which is brighter than the one in the middle power wise. They're about 10% apart but if power goes 1, 2, 3 light goes 2, 3, 1.

I think performance is a better measure. If it's working well for you and you're happy, that's way more important than how bright it is. Then again, boys will be boys......

OF

iamn3ko

^^ gotcha. Well if you buy 100 I'll buy one from you. That way you'll only have 98 spares!

If these fit, you can buy 10 of these for $11, but idk if these fit.

And they're pink... I'm sure there has to be something in white...

I like this for the extended neck, and ceramic.

ndncix.jpg

2clicker

Observer
I imagine you could find in chrome as well.

those are "flare fittings" and can also be found in SS. 3/8-24 is fine thread and harder to find than course thread stuff, but not very hard to find. a grainger or fastenal should have them.

2clicker,
Reactions: Pipes

OF

All right you clowns, who spilled the beans? A friend just forwarded a tasty review of our favorite vape, I'm only part way through it but it's too good to keep secret:
http://www.medicaljane.com/review/the-thermovape-cera-by-thermo-essence-technologies/

Opening line is:
Congratulations Thermo-Essence Technologies, you blew the competition out of the water with this one! The Cera provides one of the best vaporizing experiences one can have — especially when medicating with essential oils.

Somebody's been shooting their mouth off somewhere.....

Time for Tim and the guys to take a bow or two.....then get back to making more Ceras of course.

Time to get back to reading..... Some of the words are pretty big, it's going slow for me.

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
All right you clowns, who spilled the beans? A friend just forwarded a tasty review of our favorite vape, I'm only part way through it but it's too good to keep secret:
http://www.medicaljane.com/review/the-thermovape-cera-by-thermo-essence-technologies/
Check out this line from halfway through the article:

Medical Jane - Cera Review said:
The trick is to get the heating element preheated, grind your herbs finely and pack your herb tightly in the bowl (known as ‘advanced technique’ in the Thermovape Forum).
The bold was added by me. What could they be referring to there? :hmm: :)

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
here is my kit... not small, but compact for the contents I think.
It looks like you tried to share a link from gmail, like someone on FC suggested recently. I wasn't sure that would work when they suggested it, and it looks like it didn't here. I recommend uploading it to a site like www.imgur.com. There's more info on posting pictures over in this thread.

nopartofme,

YeeeBuddy

I dunno what he did wrong I do it all the time , have with every pic I've posted here. I think you have to click on the picture so it loads full size then copy image URL , weird.

YeeeBuddy,

Rocco

Ohhhh speaking of cases!

wHpqgeol.jpg

This is hands down the best bang for your buck on a case. I found mine at Wal Mart in the pharmacy isle and was going to show pics once I get my Cera back from repair but I ended up finding it on amazon for the same price so here she is. This is a sturdy (but light) metal case(no plastic in this case! and it has a decent cloth inline...all this for just under $10.....yes Under $10 and it will fit Cera several batteries and carts etc very suitably oh and yes the Cera can be squeezed into those elastic straps as well as some batteries:smug:

Edit: None of the containers or vials etc are included of course, but the smaller zip pouch does come with it and it has a velcro strap to keep it secure on the wall of the case.

There are also other colors and locking boxes on Amazon in the similar items that Amazon lists. I believe I saw some of those at Walgreens a few weeks ago too for $12
Heres the link, enjoy!

OF

There are also other colors and locking boxes on Amazon in the similar items that Amazon lists. I believe I saw some of those at Walgreens a few weeks ago too for $12
Heres the link, enjoy!

True. I've mentioned these cases a few times, I keep several vapes in them (Solo, VB2, Omicrons and Persei, and Flashvape come to mind) with their chargers and other paraphernalia. They're typically used by Diabetics to carry Insulin and stuff (where I came across them first). Amazon also has a version with a (simple) lock (but no handle) if 'other hands' is an issue.

Doob tubes are also handy to have with them for stash or loaded Omicron carts.

Made in Vietnam of all places, which I find kinda fun somehow?

FWIW, for Cera I still prefer the Xikar Cigar Humidor. The 'self fitting foam' holds everything nicely with no messing with straps and the like. It also is airtight, a plus to many. Holds stuff more securely inside, and Cera's heavy enough to get in trouble in a drop I think?

http://www.amazon.com/XiKar-X-treme...TF8&qid=1365066731&sr=8-1&keywords=xikar+case

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Doob tubes are also handy to have with them for stash or loaded Omicron carts.
FWIW, for Cera I still prefer the Xikar Cigar Humidor. The 'self fitting foam' holds everything nicely with no messing with straps and the like. It also is airtight, a plus to many. Holds stuff more securely inside, and Cera's heavy enough to get in trouble in a drop I think?

http://www.amazon.com/XiKar-X-treme-Protection-Rugged-Travel/dp/B001CZH7PI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365066731&sr=8-1&keywords=xikar case

OF
41zdoj26Q9L.jpg

iamn3ko

C-Weed,

The wait now is nothing, it was months. They are pretty much through back orders now, I'd say if you order one now you could have it in a couple weeks, 2 maybe 3? Idk I'm not TET.

But the longer you wait the longer you wait. ;)

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
im guessing a long time.

I dont think so...about a week a go they were under 100 units back ordered. I would say their 2-4 week estimate is accurate and only going to decrease as time goes by

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
I've been chatting with the owner of a custom ceramic (high quality Alumina - will match perfectly with Cera's Zirconia) manufacturer in China that I met through Alibaba. He would make a mouthpiece similar to:
iV4RDR5.png

But it would be longer, more tapered at the end, and have a snug spot for the .625" ceramic screens we've all been buying. The piece would then fit snugly over the top of the carts and align with the body...it would look like it came directly from TET. Perhaps we can crowdsource the design here on this forum. He said he'll make whatever we design.

Before he commits to making a run of these, he's looking to gauge the interest. He would charge a lot of money for one of these but with a large enough run he's thinking he could get the price < $10. Would anybody be interested in buying one of these? Please let me know. We would buy them individually through his store (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/509874)

Or perhaps to minimize posts, why don't you just "like" the post instead of replying. I will take a "like" to mean that you would likely purchase for a reasonable price. No commitments...just trying to gauge interest

mod note: Pleae avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

NoName

I've been chatting with the owner of a custom ceramic (high quality Alumina - will match perfectly with Cera's Zirconia) manufacturer in China that I met through Alibaba. He would make a mouthpiece similar to:
iV4RDR5.png

But it would be longer, more tapered at the end, and have a snug spot for the .625" ceramic screens we've all been buying. The piece would then fit snugly over the top of the carts and align with the body...it would look like it came directly from TET. Perhaps we can crowdsource the design here on this forum. He said he'll make whatever we design.

Before he commits to making a run of these, he's looking to gauge the interest. He would charge a lot of money for one of these but with a large enough run he's thinking he could get the price < $10. Would anybody be interested in buying one of these? Please let me know. We would buy them individually through his store (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/509874)

NTSH,

Interesting find! Love the idea of a snug spot for the .625 ceramic screens . Seems like it would mate well with CERA and still maintain that 'easily cleaned' aspect that CERA offers. If they can be had for less than $10, I would grab a couple (especially if they already included a ceramic screen or two LOL). TIA for any update.

NN

Rocco

I would definitely be interested in getting one of those for $10 especially if the shipping costs are reasonable.
Butt, I am however somewhat foggy on where exactly this is placed? is this going over the core in the same fashion as the TET mouthpiece?

Rocco,
Top Bottom