Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Rocco

Just need to drill end out to fit whatever connector you like. 510, etc.
I imagine you could find in chrome as well.
:science:

I may be mistaken, but I thought chrome would be pretty toxic if you introduce heat and inhale whatever fumes it may give off as a result of the heat?
I heard someone say that but wasnt sure if its true or not.

YeeeBuddy

Another easy way to post pics is if you have gmail , email it to yourself and then just right click it and copy image URL, then when posting click the little picture an copy and paste the URL it will do the rest.

YeeeBuddy,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I may be mistaken, but I thought chrome would be pretty toxic if you introduce heat and inhale whatever fumes it may give off as a result of the heat?
You may be correct so I guess I'd investigate further before going that route.
Good catch there as I am not sure how the orientation is as to the intake holes.
:tup:

Pipes,

Rocco

Well I briefly looked into it (google ,grasscity, and wiki, haha) after the question came to mind and currently I can't find A for sure yes or no thats credible enough but it seems like it is not a big concern. Its to be noted there are two types of chrome plating and one does seem to be worse than the other (decorative or hard plating).

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
IMAG0317_zpsfc1f11f6.jpg

IMAG0318_zps88708cb4.jpg

IMAG0319_zps191f81d6.jpg

IMAG0320_zpsc40eac78.jpg

IMAG0321_zps4bd7a1d5.jpg

IMAG0322_zps637afa83.jpg

IMAG0323_zps43ea2269.jpg

IMAG0324_zps76e9caf3.jpg

IMAG0325_zps9a55bf88.jpg

IMAG0326_zpsf057b1ff.jpg

IMAG0327_zpsbbbb36b4.jpg

IMAG0328_zpsb2acfc22.jpg

IMAG0329_zps17eb232d.jpg

IMAG0331_zps6916a7ef.jpg

IMAG0333_zps9ddfb1a2.jpg

IMAG0335_zps671bf1df.jpg

IMAG0337_zpsf242cc5a.jpg

Here are some pics i promised of the cera, but my fun was short lived, cera had to be sent back to TET for some troubleshooting and repair!!!!!
She was freaking amazing for friday saturday and easter sunday, then monday EO core wouldnt
heat up, I concluded this to be a faulty conductive strip!!!!
CERA, I miss you and i neeeeeeed you back my love!!!
All jokes aside, TET customer service is simply amazing thanks to zeki, carlo, tim and the whole tet team!!!!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Blazing can I have some more please....food glorious food hot sausage and mustard...:p Did you put more pics up yet? How bout now?

Ok so for someone who knows nothing about oils and waxes. How much does that tiny bit cost and how long does it last?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Blazing can I have some more please....food glorious food hot sausage and mustard...:p Did you put more pics up yet? How bout now?

Ok so for someone who knows nothing about oils and waxes. How much does that tiny bit cost and how long does it last?
hahahahaha, you always make my day Dreamerr, i had to send my cera out for repair so no more pics til i can get her back :(
Okay, Iam fortunate to have some amazing shops at my disposal, i have gotten really well purged oils and waxes for $15-25 a gram, some of the more exotic stuff like shatters(like that amber color glassy looking one in pics above) can range from $35 to 50, but the cera did very well with any wax i thru at it and it seemed very very efficient!!!! I only had her for about 3 days but i started with a .44(almost half a gram) & that medicated me my wife and 3 other people for the first 2 days, then i added another .3 and she was going strong the whole day(maybe 6 hits ) before the core wouldnt heat up!!!!
So all in all cera is pretty efficient, but for exact numbers i will have to further test her when she arrives!!!
In another device, probably not as efficient as the cera , a $30 half gram of pure gold went about 78 medicating hits,(i take pretty large hits, so probably round it up to 100 hits for smaller hits) before the vapor started to slow down!!!!

**Edit** a gram of concentrates to me at least is close to or equivalent to an eight of herb!!!! maybe a little less, but close enough!!!!!
my friends have made waxes and from a half ounce of material the got back almost 4 grams, so a gram per eight (material used ,quality,and type of flower can all yield different results, maybe more maybe less!!!)

Hope this helps!!!!

EDIT #2
down here in l.a there was the secret cup, its like the cannabis cup of concentrates, i was able to buy grams of shatter and waxes for $20 a gram that usually sell for $40 to $50!!!!

funkin

Can someone who has the EL cartridge chime in and give their opinion how on their Cera works with ejuice? I'm wondering how quickly the vapor production begins, how the flavor is, stuff like that.

funkin,
Non-electrical switch mod
It is an always on switch.
I have the LL Cart and it Last Long...time
If the latching switch is a deal breaker, do know this is a less than $5 simple, non-electrical, finger saving solution.
I went to lowes

1 X 7/8-1" Furniture End Cap
NHknQ9I.jpg

8bnU9E4.jpg

1 X Misc. small durable piece (Or nylon spacers, nut, any small durable piece
kf7mBew.jpg

6F7RBIM.jpg

I64BikN.jpg

6SpNAPx.jpg

This is the end product. Always on switch.
To turn off= unscrew switch
With the switch connected to your cera, you can pull off the end.
I prefer to leave the switch in the end cap.

evCx2Vt.jpg

Warranty intact
It still looks like a...

And this

Plus Ive had zero problems with my Cera
Works wonders.
Happy Customer

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I haven't tried waxes or oils even now that I think they have them but I am yet to go into a dispensary. I think I would use just as much so it wouldn't be cost effective for me. No matter the size of a chamber, bowl whatever I'd finish it. I think that it is a food thing from growing up...eat everything on your plate crap...food glorious food...oh I did that already.

Excellent solution homecpwork

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Seriously I couldn't believe it but I combusted yesterday with the Cera! Man that's not a good effect but this stuff really gave me a stupid huge cloud which was not what I even expected from this cart. I wanna see how you would get instant vapes on this without the need of inhaling for too long. Still trying to master the inhale I guess.. or maybe it's about timing when to hit it? Full bowl packed decent as well works but if the first person inhale for too long, the bowl gets spent quickly.

CG420,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I haven't tried waxes or oils even now that I think they have them but I am yet to go into a dispensary. I think I would use just as much so it wouldn't be cost effective for me. No matter the size of a chamber, bowl whatever I'd finish it. I think that it is a food thing from growing up...eat everything on your plate crap...food glorious food...oh I did that already.

Excellent solution homecpwork
I think with the power of the cera you would be medicated very quickly, concentrates hit me hard, herbs still have unique effect that i dont get from waxes or oils, but for on the go oils are so much quicker to load and medicate!!!!
one good wax hit can feel like i smoked or vapes 4-5 bowls!!!!

you can also factor in herb and oils /waxes when you purchase your meds, oils can make your herbs last way longer also, add a little wax to herb in your vape bowl and vape away with less material, in turn you should be using less!!!

Non-electrical switch mod
It is an always on switch.
I have the LL Cart and it Last Long...time
If the latching switch is a deal breaker, do know this is a less than $5 simple, non-electrical, finger saving solution.
I went to lowes

1 X 7/8-1" Furniture End Cap
NHknQ9I.jpg

8bnU9E4.jpg

1 X Misc. small durable piece (Or nylon spacers, nut, any small durable piece
kf7mBew.jpg

6F7RBIM.jpg

I64BikN.jpg

6SpNAPx.jpg

This is the end product. Always on switch.
To turn off= unscrew switch
With the switch connected to your cera, you can pull off the end.
I prefer to leave the switch in the end cap.

evCx2Vt.jpg

Warranty intact
It still looks like a...

And this

Plus Ive had zero problems with my Cera
Works wonders.
Happy Customer
Dude thats awesome, it even matches the cera lol
Great work on all the mods guys and gals!!!
I am really diggin a few of these ideas!!!!

YeeeBuddy

Seriously I couldn't believe it but I combusted yesterday with the Cera! Man that's not a good effect but this stuff really gave me a stupid huge cloud which was not what I even expected from this cart. I wanna see how you would get instant vapes on this without the need of inhaling for too long. Still trying to master the inhale I guess.. or maybe it's about timing when to hit it? Full bowl packed decent as well works but if the first person inhale for too long, the bowl gets spent quickly.

Ive managed this a few times, its not easy to combust but when it happens you will definitely know it(taste like shit compared to the vapor), I think i was inhaling too hard as well. I guess earlier when i said use a fast agressive inhale u dont need to rip it like a bong, just faster than normal, also whatever speed your drawing at try and keep it fairly consistant, when i want bigger clouds i increase my draw speed somewhat gradually.

OF

BoB and of, id love to know how i can do that to my persei, what size brass nut would i need and what other adapter is under the brass nut??? i might just order another EO cart and run it on my persei also!!!????

3/8-24. Standard SAE NF thread, a bit hard to find, but 'out there'. $5 for ten in brass from McMaster Carr.

The adapter is the body of a thread adapter, cut down a bit with the insides removed. There's a PTFE tube inside to insulate the center pin, got to be careful, it can get hot, most plastics are out.

Does anybody know what the resistance of the Cera body should be? That's with no cart, switch or battery installed.
I think my conductive strip may have a poor connection.

Very low, basically impossible to measure accurately with common DMMs. Look for something a few tenths of an Ohm over what the leads read shorted.

Depending on age it can happen. Originally they used a crimped connection backed up with conductive epoxy but some of those 'worked loose' (I suspect from heat cycles?), now they're soldered. A better test may be to look for heat suddenly happening in use in the area. IMO if yours is working still, 'it's not broken, don't fix it'.

I heard someone say that but wasnt sure if its true or not.

Yes, it's true, but at much higher temperatures. Guys poison themselves welding the stuff (car bumpers and the like often), but at the temperatures we have here it's not a problem any more than it was on the adapter before we converted it to the larger size. It's quite safe at 'oven temperatures' or they wouldn't plate oven and BBQ grills with it......

Besides, it's not in the much fabled 'air path' anyway.

BTW, for those who have no poetry in their souls and object to the cosmetics of the nut (not enough gear heads around here it seems), I suggest you can just cover it up?

Hey, my first one used a wing nut, all the local hardware store had in that thread size. It worked well too, Tim stole it. FWIW he's kind of a wing nut himself, isn't he?

Hopefully TV will eventually make pretty ones (hopefully to 'fit' the original TV supplies using new 'adapter bodies') but for now those of us who can order stuff from the web, file and solder can play right now. Ain't Cera grand?

OF

Darb

Depending on age it can happen. Originally they used a crimped connection backed up with conductive epoxy but some of those 'worked loose' (I suspect from heat cycles?), now they're soldered. A better test may be to look for heat suddenly happening in use in the area. IMO if yours is working still, 'it's not broken, don't fix it'.

OF

Ok thanks. It is still working, but drastically reduced heat up time on the EO core. The threaded piece that the switch goes in is starting to get hot during operation too. I'll contact Thermovape.

**Edit** a gram of concentrates to me at least is close to or equivalent to an eight of herb!!!! maybe a little less, but close enough!!!!!
my friends have made waxes and from a half ounce of material the got back almost 4 grams, so a gram per eight (material used ,quality,and type of flower can all yield different results, maybe more maybe less!!!)

Wow! That's a good return. Wish I had access to flowers like that.

sneaky101

Hey all!

Production is back today!
Theres some paperwork to catch up on then we should be getting another big batch out today!

Cheers,
Tim

Woohoo! Glad to hear it. Hope to get my shipping email later today!!!

On a side note...sent the DVD of "Black girls work out too" back to amazon and had to re-order the batteries. And they got here a day or two ago. Amazon is usually fairly easy to deal with, but it was just another thing to do. Glad it's over and can't wait to have something to put these batteries into.

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
Long time listener, first time caller, as they say.

First let me say that I LOVE my Cera. It was my first foray into the world of vaporizing. Beautiful device that works as well as it looks. My wife has been eating her words about waiting so long for "that stupid dildo vaporizer." She likes it as much as I do now that she's tried it

I have a few issues with it though.

1) I couldn't pull enough air through the mouthpiece. Fixed that with a ceramic screen + two O rings
wD9xFyB.jpg

19ShLqS.jpg

Fits nice and tight and I can pull as hard as I want.

2) The vapor gets too hot. I think I actually cough more with this than I did before. Needs a spacer. So I bought http://www.coleparmer.com/Product/Mullite_process_tube_open_both_ends_1_OD_12_L/EW-33910-01. Should fit around the LL cart perfectly and line up with the outside body, so it'll fit both the inside and outside perfectly. I'll find somebody to hack off about 8 inches of it so it's not too long

3) The body gets too hot. I'm going to fix that with a 1" ID PVC coupling. I saw one at my local Home Depot the other week for like $2

4) My fingers hurt after holding down the switch for a while. So I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Metal...ar-/251049440978?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160. Thanks to the gentleman's post back in the mid 90's explaining how to do it

Still need a ceramic mouthpiece to fit inside or go on top of the ceramic tube I bought. I may buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/170867447660 to join the standard mouthpiece with the ceramic tube. Any other ideas for a ceramic mouthpiece that'll fit inside that tube?

Furianlord

I believe your switch is rated for AC not DC and probably wouldn't be best for this high amperage DC device. Just my 2 cents. Perhaps OF will chime in and confirm or deny this.

Furianlord,

Rocco

It sure would be wicked cool if TET got some of those neat Ceramic screens in their inventory after they get all stocked up and such. I will most definitely invest in one from that previously mentioned site in the meantime though.

Actually just found another site that has 3 for $3.95 but they only have six holes and Im not exactly sure if the size is the right for the Cera (8mm x 2mm)

Rocco,

iamn3ko

^^ are you asking for an inch wide mouthpiece?

Talk about open flow, that's pretty open.

I have ceramic mouthpieces, but they are standard drip tips, only about 9mm total with o ring...

Edit. As for the ceramic screens, they're awesome. There's smaller handblown glass screens too, I found 2 for like $4, those could be something fun to toy around with too. Idk.

iamn3ko,
Reactions: Rocco

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
iamn3ko I'm looking for a mouthpiece like this:
APXiyuJ.png

from http://www.ceramicnozzles.com/CatalogB.pdf. I'm thinking it would wrap around the 1" ceramic tube I bought. There are a handful of companies selling high-end alumina and mullite gas nozzles but I have yet to find a nozzle that's the right size and they all have minimum order quantities of like 100 units. I want to preserve the all-ceramic flow path and I want a functional mouthpiece

Belgianvapor

I was just watching homepcwork's clip and I noticed that my core doesn't light up that bright, it still gets warm and I can get vapor but I'm not sure if it's "running on all of it's cylinders" or not.
is it possbile that LL cores shine differently compared to other LL cores or do they all have the same brightness?
(note that my cera is one of the very first that went out)
Still love the cera, it's just that I'm like one of those parents who think their kid is gonna die when
it coughs one time but I have this with my cera :)

Top Bottom