The Worst Methods I Used To Smoke.

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I felt it might be a good idea to create a thread sharing some of the most disgusting methods I used to smoke back when I was young and foolish. This way we can all appreciate just how much be vapourisation is. Please share your own techniques if you have any that are particularly nasty or inventive.

My first method I'll share is the infamous Shotty, I warn you that it's about as ghetto as things can get and delivers the cheapest(in every sense of the word) high possible.

Step 1: Take a hollow cylindrical tube(we used to use the outside middle section of a tyre pressure gauge) and a 500ml bottle.

265808d1297695527-shotty-pipe-matts-pics-028.jpg

Step 2: Heat up a small spot on the side of the bottle about two or three inches up from the bottom and shove the pressure gauge in so it creates an airtight seal around the outside and is poked down into the bottom corner of the bottle similar to a standard bong.

265810d1297695527-shotty-pipe-matts-pics-030.jpg
Please not that this absolute amateur has failed to use a coca-cola bottle which has a curve to it that allows the tube to naturally(not that there is anything natural about any of this) sit in the corner of the bottle.

Step 3: Remove the pressure gauge and fill the bottle with water up to just below the hole made previously.

Step 4: Grate some soap bar and level the pile so it's roughly a few mm high.(I don't know if you guys have soap bar in the states, it's basically the cheapest nastiest hash you can get that's just load with impurities. There's even a song about how dirty it is.)

Step 5:plug the top of the tube with a small piece of tobacco just large enough that it doesn't fall through the tube and press the now plugged top of the tube into the pile of grated soap bar three times so that is sticks to the top of the tobacco.

Step 6: Place the tube back into the bottle and hold the bottle at an angle so the tube is almost vertical.

Step 7: Put a lighter to the end of the tube and suck gently till you judge that most of the cheap nasty hash has been burnt. Then suck hard to make the burnt hash and slightly burnt lump of tobacco slide down the tube into the water and clear the chamber.

Step 8: Hold in for the obligatory 10 seconds, then exhale.

Warning: Things can and quite often go bad at step 7 if the tobacco sticks to the tube and you end up sucking really hard on a load of tobacco smoke. If this happens to someone else you can help your friend out in this situation by telling them the "pull it" even though it clearly isn't going to budge. If your lucky the tube will clear last minute and your friend will be rewarded with some refreshing shotty water splashed into his/her mouth. Just how tasty can that water be I hear you all ask well considering how regularly some people change the water you could be experiencing something pretty delicious like this.

1679120541a9329393387l.jpg

Trust me that ain't cranberry flavoured.

Next week I shall be sharing the joys of a backy-mix bucket, another method for the true connoisseur.

SD_haze

High school kids emptying cigarette tobacco on top of a bong bowl of green.
"Mole bowls"
So disgusting :puke:

Sad thing is, I know some people in their 20's who still do this. With crappy cigarette tobacco.

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
No tin foil???:shrug:And you used water?!!! MAN you were high-class!!

I used to make a similar version but dry.
-Make 2 holes on side of bottle (one to carb)
-Form a bowl on top using tin foil
-Poke holes in tin foil
-Load bowl
-Ignite
-:puke:

Just this past summer before I got my DBV and started vaping I was SMOKING OUT OF AN APPLE.:mental:
I remember smoking it while waiting for UPS to deliver my DBV.
Looking back I think that DBV was actually sent from Heaven because I haven't smoked since then.

I'd post a pic but I don't feel like making a pop bottle bowl or an apple bowl right now (or ever again).;)

Awesome thread BTW.

Denver912

Coke cans, tin foil, phone book paper, and smokin resin has def did some damage.

Paper towel tube with a tin foil bowl used like a steam roller was the worst. Also with 90's brick mexi bullshit.did I say cans? Fuck I got Alzheimer's. Huh? What? What's the question?

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Oooooo. Rolled a joint with a page from a motel room bible. It had printing on it.
One time I was in the woods by myself w/out any papers.
I found the perfect leaf and rolled a joint with it.
It must've just fallen off a branch because it was still green.
It was surprisingly smooth. All I could taste was the weed.
It burned slow and even.

Caligula

Maximus
One time I was in the woods by myself w/out any papers.
I found the perfect leaf and rolled a joint with it.
It must've just fallen off a branch because it was still green.
It was surprisingly smooth. All I could taste was the weed.
It burned slow and even.
Reminds me of smoking these. Used to empty them out and refill with weed for snowboarding.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beedi

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
At the top of Dragon's Back on Mammoth mountain, my buddy and I used an AMEX receipt from his wallet to smoke a j before going down.

Mammoth-Jan-8-2011-Dragons-Back.jpg

Good times...

:peace:

Edit: It was a 30 minute hike to get there and yes, it was off limits.

Last edited:

Seren

Away with the fairies
Ah buckets and homemade bongs take me back.....and coke can pipes! One of my favourite homemade bongs in terms of novelty factor was made out of a toy similar to this:

asi_3332772_large.jpg

For a bowl we always used a socket from a socket set, attached to metal tubing and in this case we positioned it inside the trunk. The elephant we had also donned a top hat, so we gaffer-taped a tube to the hat, pierced a hole in his belly button I think (!?), filled it with a little water - & voila! :D

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
I will share the worst method I saw. One of my friends was smoking out of a tiny straw that he had chewed on near the end. He plunked on the tip a whole nug(did not even try to break it up) and was burning the bud and straw at the same time as he smoked. I was very concerned about him at that point, called him stupid and made fun of him enough to get him to stop.

BranFlakes188

Haha, as embarrassed as I am to admit it, I've done all of this and more. I would exclusively "spin" my cones with tobacco. I'd hit them through a wonky plastic bottle/garden hose bong. I stored one of these nasty bongs in a cupboard over a period of a few months without cleaning or changing the water. When I finally got around to it I found that it had a good half-dozen decomposing cockroaches in that nasty water. I'd been pulling past ashy clumps of rotting roach bodies for a good few weeks. Mmmmm, finger-lickin good. :puke:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I used to use a plastic pen and a 1/2" socket ... take pen ... remove ends and ink tube ... melt enough to bend to a 90 deg angle ... insert 1/2" socket onto flared end of pen ... you now have a ghetto emergency pipe!

rekrab

High school kids emptying cigarette tobacco on top of a bong bowl of green.
"Mole bowls"
So disgusting :puke:

Sad thing is, I know some people in their 20's who still do this. With crappy cigarette tobacco.

Up here in BC this is a huge thing for some reason. Maybe even gnarlier, I have friends that load 50/50 weed and tobacco(cigarettes, you name it)into their bongs. Some even put the weed on the bottom and tabac on top. ew. breakfast, lunch and dinner, poppers, thats what there known as up here. and if their not smoking poppers their smoking spliffs (weed/tobacco joints) claiming its more efficient than straight green

SD_haze

Up here in BC this is a huge thing for some reason. Maybe even gnarlier, I have friends that load 50/50 weed and tobacco(cigarettes, you name it)into their bongs. Some even put the weed on the bottom and tabac on top. ew. breakfast, lunch and dinner, poppers, thats what there known as up here. and if their not smoking poppers their smoking spliffs (weed/tobacco joints) claiming its more efficient
That's what I meant, loading 50/50 weed and tobacco into a nice glass bong.

Just another similarity between Canada & California :lol:

rekrab

That's what I meant, loading 50/50 weed and tobacco into a nice glass bong.

Just another similarity between Canada & California :lol:
ahh ya weird trends, ive even started to see popper specific bowls. essentially just a straight tube, cut a cig pop it in and put some weed on top and just suck it threw. cannot be good for you haha. Ive never personally tried one but my roomate would wake and bake everday before work wtih a popper. talk about frying your brain

lwien

Empty cardboard toilet paper roll. Make hole about 3/4 of an inch across near the end of the roll. Take aluminum foil, punch a bunch of pin holes in foil, stuff foil in hole with little finger. Put chunk of hash on top of foil. Light and suck on other end of toilet paper roll while covering opposite end with hand. Remove hand to clear.

This was before there was ever such a thing as.............bongs.

Last edited:

BranFlakes188

Here in Australia people tend to spin their weed. ie. mix it with tobacco when it's ground/chopped up. Also generally about 50/50. It burns more easily that way and when you punch a cone you get a bit of head spin. It was one of the reasons I had such a tough time quitting cigarettes. Graduating to vaping is certainly one of the best steps I've taken for my health. It's also a far more enjoyable MMJ experience. :D

Tamataz

Icelander
Coke can, apple, empty hollow pen with tinfoil on the end, lightbulb vape (probably the safest of the bunch if done right)

I still do the apple thing in emergency situations. Just a straight up apple with holes though, no tinfoil/straw bullshit.

djonkoman

I've made a few bottlebongs too. for one I made a bowl/downstem out of an energydruink-can, took a piece of the bottom and opunched it full of holes to serve as screen, and rolled up a piece of the side in a conical shape for the rest. could be I atached some plastic strawlike thing at the end.
only used it a few times, it didn't work that well.

only one of my bottlebongs actually worked well, made it together with 2 friends. we found a piece of hose to serve as downstem, we took the cap of the bottle, punched holes in it and glued it to one end of the hose with a gluegun to havew a diffused downstem. as bowl we took 2 bolts wich were slightly smaller in inner diameter as a screen I had with me. placed the screen between the 2 bolts, and wrapped duct tape around it, so we had a metal bowl, wich we taped on top of the downstem-hose.

JCat

Accessory Maker
What about BT's? Bottle Tokes? (it was a standard when I was in high school back in the early 90's)

- Take a plastic water bottle and melt/punch a hole in it.
- Break up hits of hash (similar to when you do hot knives ... another one for this thread :))
- Take a cigarette, and drop a chunk of hash on the cherry, insert into water bottle (where you made the hole) cherry end first so hash smoke fills up water bottle
- Once hash smoke has stopped/slowed (so its just tobacco smoke being added now), take out cigarette and cover hole
- Remove top cap and inhale while removing hand from covering bottom hole

(Very disgusting!)

BT's! Was a standard way of getting high when we had hash back in the day!

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
What about BT's? Bottle Tokes? (it was a standard when I was in high school back in the early 90's)

- Take a plastic water bottle and melt/punch a hole in it.
- Break up hits of hash (similar to when you do hot knives ... another one for this thread :))
- Take a cigarette, and drop a chunk of hash on the cherry, insert into water bottle (where you made the hole) cherry end first so hash smoke fills up water bottle
- Once hash smoke has stopped/slowed (so its just tobacco smoke being added now), take out cigarette and cover hole
- Remove top cap and inhale while removing hand from covering bottom hole

(Very disgusting!)

BT's! Was a standard way of getting high when we had hash back in the day!
I used to do this in high school too. It was my introduction to cannabis. We called them bots (sometimes pronounced bods). Although I preferred a glass bottle over plastic because it was "healthier". Hash was much more readily available than pot for me when I was in high school. I will say bots are very efficient but nasty.

Top Bottom